Hellbutrin: Wellbutrin nightmare - advice welcome

Hellbutrin

6 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

So it likely wouldn’t do anything either way then. I’m going to have it taken out today 

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with why my periods have stopped completely over the last five months. I've been in withdrawal for a year, so I don't see why my periods would abruptly stop unless it were related to another factor like the IUD. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 
On 6/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, mirage said:

Hi . I just hit my 1 year mark free of the drugs. While I have made improvements, I still struggle every day and still have a lot of symptoms. That said, I do go through each day as I would have normally. I tell myself I will get better and one day this will all be behind me. 

You have to really focus on taking each day, one at a time. There are even days when I take it one hour at a time. Telling myself that the next hour will be better. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Mirage,

I just noticed your post! I'm so sorry I didn't respond. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm so glad to see that you are feeling better one year after being med free! I hope that I can continue to heal and see improvements soon. 

I still struggle with my memory and brain fog. I haven't seen any fluctuation in my memory issues (I literally can't remember anything that I did before today) or depression so that's frustrating, but hopefully with more time I'll start to see improvements. Thanks again for the encouragement!

• Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

@HellbutrinHope you are doing better. It is a long road but one day we will reach the end and be back to feeling great. 

God Bless. 

Started Wellbutrin 300xl mid July, 2009. Stopped Wellbutrin 300xl cold turkey May 8, 2017

Started having symptoms started June 2, 2017. Started Wellbutrin 150xl July 7, 2017

Started Remeron 15mg August 15, 2017. Increased Remeron to 30mg October 4, 2017

Increased Wellbutrin to 300xl November 24, 2017. Lowered Wellbutrin 300xl back to 150xl January 8, 2018

Started weaning off of Remeron 30mg. Cut to 22.25mg January 11, 2018

Cut Remeron to 15mg January 18, 2018 Cut Remeron to 7.5mg January 25, 2018

Cut Remeron to 3.5mg January 30,2018. Stopped taking Remeron February 1, 2018

Currently taking: Fish Oil, Magnesium, Calcium, Vit D, Progesterone,

Hormone Replacement Pellets-Estrogen Testosterone 

• 4 weeks later...

I tried taking a short hiatus, but I'm back with more questions

I had a question about comorbid symptoms/conditions related to C/T withdrawal. Is it common for withdrawal symptoms to almost precisely mimic conditions like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia? I still haven't seen any improvement in my memory or ability to concentrate at 13.5 months out?  Is this a common symptom of withdrawal? I feel like I've totally lost myself to this illness, and I never needed antidepressant medication in the first place, I feel devastated. Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed font & added topic heading to post & moved to intro topic
  • Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Hellbutrin said:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

You can find SA's discussions on these topics by using google and searching:

survivingantidepressants.org Chronic Fatigue

survivingantidepressants.org fibro

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

2 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

I tried taking a short hiatus, but I'm back with more questions

I had a question about comorbid symptoms/conditions related to C/T withdrawal. Is it common for withdrawal symptoms to almost precisely mimic conditions like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia? I still haven't seen any improvement in my memory or ability to concentrate at 13.5 months out?  Is this a common symptom of withdrawal? I feel like I've totally lost myself to this illness, and I never needed antidepressant medication in the first place, I feel devastated. Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

I'm so sorry hellbitrium for the desparate situation!

i have both cognitive and fibromyalgia plus many others no break I'm now 10.5 months off after 4.5 yrs tapering.

so you are not alone in this most horrodous war!

Do you see any improvement with other sxs?

sending you hugs,

lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Fatigue is my most difficult symptom.  Two years since unsuccessful cold turkey I am still struggling.  I have tried tons of supplements for it, clean diet, light exercise, but nothing lifts it. I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by my naturopath (low cortisol).  I believe fatigue is common in WD, how long it lasts it all depends I guess.  The best we can do is take care of our bodies and mind in the meantime

04/10 Luvox 25 mg PM, Nortriptyline 1 mg PM

03/08/19: Buspar 2.5 mg AM, 5 mg PM

01/01/19: Xanax 0.125 AM 5 times a week. Occasionally, 0.125 twice a day AM & noon

12/18 Armour Thyroid 60 mg (for hypothyroidism) 

Supplements: B Complex, B12 (adeno), multi-vitamin, D, Adrenal Cortex, iron

• Lexapro 20 mg 2007 - 2013 with various attempts to stop
  • 2013 found a new Dr and started trying other meds: Prozac, Notryptoline, Effexor, Buspar, Gabapentin, Paxil, Nardil
  • Lexapro 15 mg 2015 - 04/2016
  • Vibryiid 10 - 15mg 05/16-06/16 
  • NO MEDS 07/16 - 10/31/16
  • Reinstated 10/31/16 at 2.5 mg lexapro, increased to 5 mg   
  • 1/13/17 switched to Luvox 50 mg before bed
  • 1/20/17 Luvox 37.5 mg PM
  • 12/18 Luvox 10 mg PM, Nortriptyline 2 mg (started Nortriptyline 06/17 at 10 mg)

Sorry to hear that you're still having fatigue Hellbutrin. I'm in that camp too. Just hoping that it will go away with time. I've been trying to eat, sleep, and exercise well, but I don't have answers. I'll be watching your thread to see if you or someone learns anything that could help. You're not alone in this.

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

I’d also love some information about trying another drug to stabilize and taper. I C/T also, I’m getting close to 15 months and this continues to be hell on earth. My most recent new symptom is a total loss of smell, which makes me think I must have some sort of brain swelling. But I’m sure my total loss of smell will just be chalked up to “health anxiety”, so I probably shouldn’t mention it.

• Administrator

Hello, Hellbutrin. I moved your post here so as not to derail another member's topic.

Do you have allergies? Is your nose stuffed up or irritated? That can affect smell.

In the 6 pages of your Intro topic, we have discussed reinstatement of Wellbutrin extensively.

What is your current symptom pattern? Do you have waves and windows?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

@Hellbutrin I experience fatigue but not severe and I describe it like my body has forgotten what it feels like to be tired. I can yawn and yawn all day but if I were to lay down and try to nap, it wont happen. Prior to this journey, I could fall asleep, if even for 10 minutes, with no problem. I do believe we will get back to a normal pattern of everything. Our entire systems are out of sync with each other. From what I am reading with success stories, we have to be patient and give it time, a lot of time. 

Hugs to you. 

Started Wellbutrin 300xl mid July, 2009. Stopped Wellbutrin 300xl cold turkey May 8, 2017

Started having symptoms started June 2, 2017. Started Wellbutrin 150xl July 7, 2017

Increased Wellbutrin to 300xl November 24, 2017. Lowered Wellbutrin 300xl back to 150xl January 8, 2018

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Hellbutrin. I moved your post here so as not to derail another member's topic.

Do you have allergies? Is your nose stuffed up or irritated? That can affect smell.

In the 6 pages of your Intro topic, we have discussed reinstatement of Wellbutrin extensively.

What is your current symptom pattern? Do you have waves and windows?

No, I don’t have waves and windows, and I still haven’t seen any improvement in my memory which really scares me, and the head pressure I feel has actually gotten much worse in the last month. I don’t have allergies, and I’ve lost my sense of smell completely, as well as developing even worse issues with dry eyes. I just want to know that this will eventually get better. I feel like I’m going to Ben stuck in this hell forever.

2 hours ago, mirage said:

@Hellbutrin I experience fatigue but not severe and I describe it like my body has forgotten what it feels like to be tired. I can yawn and yawn all day but if I were to lay down and try to nap, it wont happen. Prior to this journey, I could fall asleep, if even for 10 minutes, with no problem. I do believe we will get back to a normal pattern of everything. Our entire systems are out of sync with each other. From what I am reading with success stories, we have to be patient and give it time, a lot of time. 

Hugs to you. 

I just can’t imagine how I’m going to get through another year (or more) of feelings like this. It’s already been over 14 months since my C/T, and some of the reports I’ve read say that C/T typically heal within 3-4 years. I can’t imagine living through this for that long. 

@Hellbutrin I am 15 months from my ct off Wellbutrin. I understand. It is very hard to deal with these symptoms. I have days that  have to take it hour by hour. But, I know I am much better than I was at this time last year and I am better than I was 6 months ago. I find that I have to look back quite a long way to see that I have improved. I can't see any improvement when I look back a month or two. That is how slow it is. I have accepted that this will be a slow recovery and I have stopped worrying about it. I definitely do not like it and it is definitely  hard, as you know. 

I try and push through each and every day with as much normalcy as I can. I walk my dogs each morning. I exercise every day and I work 2 to 3 days a week. I have never had a window without symptoms. In fact, I have never had a window where I felt normal or good. All of my windows are just milder symptoms and most of the time I don't even notice I am in a window until I go back into a wave. 

When I look back a  year ago, so many symptoms I had are now gone, however, I still have a lot of symptoms and the ones left are very strong and rough. My worst symptoms are dizziness, anxiety and head/jaw tension/pain and very little sleep. 

I believe there are many things we are going to have gained from this and I believe we are going to heal. Try and change your thinking to the positive and not the negative. Find blessings in each and every day. Even the simplest things are blessings. Hang on to faith. 

Hugs

• Administrator

Dry eyes, etc. -- Have you had your thyroid checked? Do you drink enough water every day?

Do you have a daily symptom pattern? Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

If not -- forget it.

What is your current fish oil and magnesium intake?

The only thing that anyone can tell you about your future is: Wherever you go, there you are.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Why does tolerance withdrawal seem to take so much longer to heal?

If anyone has feedback or reading resources about this I'd appreciate learning more, thanks

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title tro post and merged with intro
  • Administrator

What do you mean by "tolerance withdrawal" and what do you mean by "so much longer"? So much longer than what?

The wording of this question suggests again to me that you want to believe you have a special, unusually severe case of withdrawal syndrome, @Hellbutrin with symptoms nobody else has. We've discussed this before, it is untrue. However, your belief that you are exceptional persists.

If you want to see discussions about "tolerance withdrawal," please consult Dr. Google or look here. I cannot see how it applies to you, or why you would be concerned with it now that you're off drugs more than a year.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:33 PM, Altostrata said:

What do you mean by "tolerance withdrawal" and what do you mean by "so much longer"? So much longer than what?

The wording of this question suggests again to me that you want to believe you have a special, unusually severe case of withdrawal syndrome, @Hellbutrin with symptoms nobody else has. We've discussed this before, it is untrue. However, your belief that you are exceptional persists.

If you want to see discussions about "tolerance withdrawal," please consult Dr. Google or look here. I cannot see how it applies to you, or why you would be concerned with it now that you're off drugs more than a year.

Because with CT you get rebounds of how you were on the drug

2009-2010 Citalopram 20mg CT no problems

Sertaline 2010- 6monnths

2011- 2017 June 2017- Citalopram 20mg CT

• Administrator
8 hours ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Because with CT you get rebounds of how you were on the drug

Horrendous withdrawal symptoms are much more likely than "relapse" or rebound after cold turkey. Don't do it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2018 at 1:33 PM, Altostrata said:

I cannot see how it applies to you, or why you would be concerned with it now that you're off drugs more than a year.

I'm concerned because I'm still in hell. Thanks for the reassurance. 

• Administrator

You do not have a special form of withdrawal syndrome.

What is your current daily symptom pattern?

On 9/21/2018 at 12:39 PM, Altostrata said:

You do not have a special form of withdrawal syndrome.

What is your current daily symptom pattern?

Nausea, brain fog, depression, anxiety, no memory and confusion throughout the day with slight lessening in the evening (with the exception of memory loss, that hasn’t change at all). The issues with not being able to remember anything continue to terrify me 15 months out from my C/T. 

• Administrator

That seems about right for withdrawal syndrome.

Your memory is probably better than you think. You might do better with self-soothing techniques to address your anxiety and depression, see Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Look at your fish oil label for supplement facts. You should be taking enough capsules to amount to around 3,000mg EPA + DHA per day. This can be 6 capsules or more.

Taking small doses, such as 50mg-100mg, of magnesium citrate or glycinate throughout the day is more effective than taking it once a day. People can handle 500mg per day or more, depending on individual tolerance.

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

That seems about right for withdrawal syndrome.

Your memory is probably better than you think. You might do better with self-soothing techniques to address your anxiety and depression, see Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

Look at your fish oil label for supplement facts. You should be taking enough capsules to amount to around 3,000mg EPA + DHA per day. This can be 6 capsules or more.

Taking small doses, such as 50mg-100mg, of magnesium citrate or glycinate throughout the day is more effective than taking it once a day. People can handle 500mg per day or more, depending on individual tolerance.

I’m continuing to take magnesium and fish oil daily. I haven’t seen improvement in my memory in the windows and waves pattern.

@Hellbutrin I know how much this sucks. I had an adverse reaction around the same time that you cold turkey’d last year, and in some ways I feel that I’m worse off than last year. What are your predominant symptoms now? This is just awful; I can’t believe these drugs are even approved as they can make people so sick coming off them. 

March 2016: Strattera

June 2016: Nothing

October 2016-April 2017:Wellbutrin SR

Mid-March 2017-March 2017 Adderall (9 days)

April 2017: Wellbutrin and Ritalin (7 days)

Mid-April to mid-June: nothing 

early June 2017: Wellbutrin XL

mid-June 2017: Wellbutrin XL, Adderall, and Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure); took for two days

Late August: Allegra for two days, then Propranolol

• Administrator

According to what you've got in your signature, you're not taking enough fish oil and magnesium to do much.

15 hours ago, Wellbutrinsucks said:

@Hellbutrin I know how much this sucks. I had an adverse reaction around the same time that you cold turkey’d last year, and in some ways I feel that I’m worse off than last year. What are your predominant symptoms now? This is just awful; I can’t believe these drugs are even approved as they can make people so sick coming off them. 

Hi Wellbutrinsucks,

I feel for you. These drugs have completely ruined my life. My main symptoms now are memory loss, emotional blunting, dp/dr, depression and anxiety. Seems these are the usual culprits. I have to make sure not to say anything that will make it seem like I think I'm "special" or an unusual case, or I'll get called out for it. What are the symptoms that you struggle with?

My main symptom is muscle twitches. Like everything I had before has pretty much dissipated, but the muscle twitches are driving me crazy, and then people wonder why I may have anxiety or depression. I mean duh 

mid-June 2017: Wellbutrin XL, Adderall, and Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure); took for two days

1 minute ago, Wellbutrinsucks said:

My main symptom is muscle twitches. Like everything I had before has pretty much dissipated, but the muscle twitches are driving me crazy, and then people wonder why I may have anxiety or depression. I mean duh 

I wish I could say that. None of my symptoms have gone away. I would be fine if I could get the mental symptoms to go away. Those are the ones that I primarily struggle with. I've had them for so long that it's starting to feel "normal" to be in hell all the time. And even though I get reassurance it's still hard not to think it's permanent when you don't see any improvement in symptoms after so long. It's good to hear that most of your symptoms have dissipated. Did you have mental symptoms as well as physical? 

Well I noticed when I was switched from the Wellbutrin SR 300 to the 150, I became really paranoid but didn’t attribute it to the Wellbutrin until later. I was being treated for depression and ADD (it was thought that I had it given my symptoms). Any mental symptom I have now is a direct result of this muscle twitching persisting.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

There are many existing topic on this site.  Please use the site search function or a search engine and add survivingantidepressants.org to the search term before creating a new topic.

Your CBD post has been moved to this topic:  cannabis-marijuana-thc-and-cbd-or-hemp-oil

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus
55 minutes ago, Hellbutrin said:

I'm desperate to find something to help alleviate my anxiety and depression from withdrawal. Has anyone had success with CBD oil? I'm concerned about the memory effects that marijuana has. I can't take anymore blows to my memory. I already have zero short term memory, and at this point I'm starting to wonder if it's ever going to start to improve. I'd be interested to hear people's experiences. 

On 9/25/2018 at 6:09 AM, Altostrata said:

According to what you've got in your signature, you're not taking enough fish oil and magnesium to do much.

Please see these topics:  Magnesium and Omega-3 Fish Oil

I have found that magnesium takes the edge off my anxiety.  There have been several times when I have stopped taking it and then restarted it and noticed the difference.

Last night I got this really strange numb feeling in my forehead and then my hands and feet started tingling. This is the first time in 16 months since my C/T that I've felt this weird sensation in my head. Has anyone else experienced this and did it go away? I looked it up and the results came up with peripheral neuropathy, which is pretty scary because its one of the main results of nerve damage in the brain that circulates to other parts of the body. I woke up this morning and I have this really heavy feeling all over my body. I feel like it's hard to move, and it's really freaking me out. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Administrator

We have to cope with occasional odd symptoms, Hellbutrin. How are you doing with managing your health anxiety?

Yep, seems par the course for a healing nervous system. Have you read this thread?

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=66397.0

I got a bunch of new symptoms at 19 months off. I never had health anxiety til then and it went clean off the charts. We just have to remember symptoms wax and wane, come and go, come back again, change intensities, new ones pop in and out, and then go away, etc...

I’m still trying to normalize the new symptoms I’ve been experiencing. That’s the key I think, to normalize. Sit with the sensations with non-reactivity & try to be neutral. Write down when things come and go, so next time you can say “ok, I had this last week, it lasted X amount of time and went away. It will go away this time too.” While making mental note of the time. After a few cycles of the same symptom you’ll realize it’s just another symptom that has joined the party & no cause for alarm. Harder said than done, I know & I am still very much working on this. It does feel very odd to get hit with new stuff later on even though that also seems normal for recovery. I’m trying to see it as a new area healing.

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to stop living in hell

Almost 17 months and I don’t know how much more I can take. 

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title to post and moved to intro