Hellbutrin

Hellbutrin: Wellbutrin nightmare - advice welcome

Altostrata

Hellbutrin, you need some coaching to learn to manage your health anxiety. Cognitive behavior therapy can help with this.

Your IUD has been losing hormonal content over the years. It's at a very low level now.

Hellbutrin
21 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hellbutrin, you need some coaching to learn to manage your health anxiety. Cognitive behavior therapy can help with this.

Your IUD has been losing hormonal content over the years. It's at a very low level now.

So it likely wouldn’t do anything either way then. I’m going to have it taken out today 

Hellbutrin
6 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

So it likely wouldn’t do anything either way then. I’m going to have it taken out today 

I'm thinking that it might have something to do with why my periods have stopped completely over the last five months. I've been in withdrawal for a year, so I don't see why my periods would abruptly stop unless it were related to another factor like the IUD. 

Hellbutrin
On 6/8/2018 at 6:19 PM, mirage said:

Hi . I just hit my 1 year mark free of the drugs. While I have made improvements, I still struggle every day and still have a lot of symptoms. That said, I do go through each day as I would have normally. I tell myself I will get better and one day this will all be behind me. 

You have to really focus on taking each day, one at a time. There are even days when I take it one hour at a time. Telling myself that the next hour will be better. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi Mirage,

I just noticed your post! I'm so sorry I didn't respond. Thanks for your encouragement. I'm so glad to see that you are feeling better one year after being med free! I hope that I can continue to heal and see improvements soon. 

I still struggle with my memory and brain fog. I haven't seen any fluctuation in my memory issues (I literally can't remember anything that I did before today) or depression so that's frustrating, but hopefully with more time I'll start to see improvements. Thanks again for the encouragement!

mirage

@HellbutrinHope you are doing better. It is a long road but one day we will reach the end and be back to feeling great. 

God Bless. 

Hellbutrin

I tried taking a short hiatus, but I'm back with more questions

I had a question about comorbid symptoms/conditions related to C/T withdrawal. Is it common for withdrawal symptoms to almost precisely mimic conditions like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia? I still haven't seen any improvement in my memory or ability to concentrate at 13.5 months out?  Is this a common symptom of withdrawal? I feel like I've totally lost myself to this illness, and I never needed antidepressant medication in the first place, I feel devastated. Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

Edited by ChessieCat
fixed font & added topic heading to post & moved to intro topic

ChessieCat
1 hour ago, Hellbutrin said:

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

You can find SA's discussions on these topics by using google and searching:

survivingantidepressants.org Chronic Fatigue

survivingantidepressants.org fibro

LexAnger
2 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

I tried taking a short hiatus, but I'm back with more questions

I had a question about comorbid symptoms/conditions related to C/T withdrawal. Is it common for withdrawal symptoms to almost precisely mimic conditions like Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia? I still haven't seen any improvement in my memory or ability to concentrate at 13.5 months out?  Is this a common symptom of withdrawal? I feel like I've totally lost myself to this illness, and I never needed antidepressant medication in the first place, I feel devastated. Any feedback is much appreciated, thanks!

I'm so sorry hellbitrium for the desparate situation!

i have both cognitive and fibromyalgia plus many others no break I'm now 10.5 months off after 4.5 yrs tapering.

so you are not alone in this most horrodous war!

Do you see any improvement with other sxs?

sending you hugs,

lex

Blondiee1915

Fatigue is my most difficult symptom.  Two years since unsuccessful cold turkey I am still struggling.  I have tried tons of supplements for it, clean diet, light exercise, but nothing lifts it. I was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue by my naturopath (low cortisol).  I believe fatigue is common in WD, how long it lasts it all depends I guess.  The best we can do is take care of our bodies and mind in the meantime

Marmot

Sorry to hear that you're still having fatigue Hellbutrin. I'm in that camp too. Just hoping that it will go away with time. I've been trying to eat, sleep, and exercise well, but I don't have answers. I'll be watching your thread to see if you or someone learns anything that could help. You're not alone in this.