SkwinkyDink

SkwinkyDink

Has anyone had ear fullness,tinnitus/derealization?

Citalopram 20mgs.Jan.2000-April2011

Citalopram 40mgs.April 2011-March2016

March2016 dropped in 1 day to 20mgs.!

May2016 began 10mgs.taper every 2 weeks

Med.free by Aug.2016.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi SD,

Welcome to SA.  Other members of SA have experienced all of those symptoms you mentioned.

So that we are better able to offer suggestions and support you please complete a drug signature which will show beneath every post you make.  This is the preferred format:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

There are many existing topics on this site.  I use google and include survivingantidepressants.org with my search term eg survivingantidepressants.org tinnitus

derealization-or-depersonalization

tinnitus-what-does-all-that-noise-mean

ear-issues-blocked-tinnitus-etd

inner-ear-problems-drugs-that-can-damage-ears

This is your own Introduction topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

12 hours ago, SkwinkyDink said:

Has anyone had ear fullness,tinnitus/derealization?

I have !!! Ali 

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

21 hours ago, Ali4 said:

I have !!! Ali 

I started on AD"s 16 yrs. ago with post-partum depression.I started taking Lexapro for awhile then switched to Citalopram for about 10 yrs. at 20mgs.then upped to 40 after about 5 yrs.March 2016 I felt like i wanted to try 20mgs.again to see how I felt and jumped down in one day from 40. Needless to say awhile after that i did'nt feel right so I went back to 40mgs for the next 2 mos.I then decided one day that I wanted to go off altogether to see how I was not on meds. I tapered over 2mos.with every 2 wks down 10 mgs.By Aug '16 I was med free. 

Med.free by Aug.2016.

21 hours ago, Ali4 said:

I have !!! Ali 

Hi Ali4,  So sorry you have had such a rough time! I feel spaced out off and on and it feels like my ears are involved because I have tinnitus.Going on a year now and I don't know what to do. I can function fine though but my head feels unattached to my body and I get derealization when I drive.

21 hours ago, Ali4 said:

I have !!! Ali 

Med.free by Aug.2016.

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, SkwinkyDink said:

I started on AD"s 16 yrs. ago with post-partum depression.I started taking Lexapro for awhile then switched to Citalopram for about 10 yrs. at 20mgs.then upped to 40 after about 5 yrs.March 2016 I felt like i wanted to try 20mgs.again to see how I felt and jumped down in one day from 40. Needless to say awhile after that i did'nt feel right so I went back to 40mgs for the next 2 mos.I then decided one day that I wanted to go off altogether to see how I was not on meds. I tapered over 2mos.with every 2 wks down 10 mgs.By Aug '16 I was med free. 

Please create a drug signature as previously requested.  This way we can see your history at a glance and not have to read back through your posts to get the information.  Thank you.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Administrator

Hello, SD. Did you have these symptoms after you came off in August 2016? Have the symptoms changed or gotten better or worse?

How's your sleep?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes but some have improved. I still cry easily when my thoughts get overwhelming.I also feel that I may be more sensitive to caffeine.I have derealization when I drive and excersize.My head feels detached from my body sometimes.I have no other health problems.I have had this for a year. I tried Zoloft last year for 1 mo.but thought it gave me a fast heartbeat so I stopped it.Still not sure that was the culprit though. My sleep is good but i wake up alot.

Med.free by Aug.2016.

11 hours ago, SkwinkyDink said:

Yes but some have improved. I still cry easily when my thoughts get overwhelming.I also feel that I may be more sensitive to caffeine.I have derealization when I drive and excersize.My head feels detached from my body sometimes.I have no other health problems.I have had this for a year. I tried Zoloft last year for 1 mo.but thought it gave me a fast heartbeat so I stopped it.Still not sure that was the culprit though. My sleep is good but i wake up alot.

Sounds like withdrawal from a fast taper, or the Zoloft. I had all your symptoms when I came off too fast. Ali

10 years citalopram 30mg- tapered down in December 15/2015- Jan 15/2016 to 20mg for two weeks, ten for one week and five for another week, then stopped, less then two weeks later, sheer hell broke lose with debilitating withdrawal symptoms.

Update-- reinstated 5mg of celexa on feb 5-- within hours noticed immediate difference in WD symptoms-- Holding holding and more holding.

Updose- March 23/16 too 10mg- relieved the harsher head symptoms- current symptoms headaches, dizzy, numbness and tingling in my head.

Benzos- 2015-Ativan on and off for 6 months 2mg- switched to clonazepam nov 2015- 2mg till Jan 2016 Zopiclone 7.5mg nov-dec 2015- was tapered off over 4weeks- Currently in protracted withdrawal. ????????????????????????????????

Update- ended up in the hospital April 18/16 major suicidal ( never had that before) was admitted/ been there ever since, put me back to full dose celexa 30mg no drugs added, IAM FINALLY STABLE AFTER 3 months of tortuous hell. Got a great physiatrist that new all about WD, he will help me taper properly in a couple of months at 5% deductions holding 8 weeks. I never want to relive that hell again.

Udate- stable and holding, doing things slowly is key.

• Moderator Emeritus

Please create your drug signature.  As you get more posts in your topic it is very difficult to go back and read to find the information.

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

20 hours ago, SkwinkyDink said:

I also feel that I may be more sensitive to caffeine.

caffeine-in-coffee-or-tea-tolerance-issues