Colloidal silver for infections

manymoretodays

• Moderator Emeritus

I did a search and didn't find any topic here devoted to the usage of Colloidal Silver for treatment of infections and the the usage of during protracted withdrawal.

I am just starting it for the second time for a mild nasal congestion, sore throat, and cough.  I used it once before for another infection with success.  Just a small amount under my tongue twice a day for 5 days is my plan again. 

I'm a little concerned as mine is the Ionic form...........there exists a pure form as well.  When I google Colloidal Silver so much comes up and so much is just plain marketing that I find it hard to sort it all out.  And I did find one article that was anti- the Ionic form.   And I have seen that some others use it to avoid the indiscriminate or over usage  of antibiotics. 

Soooo........any comments are welcome from anyone else who uses it and is also in some stage of psycho medication/drug withdrawal or who has done some research on the subject.  Thank you in advance.

mmt

ps.......mods, can I leave this topic here for a bit rather than it being moved to my introduction/journal?  It might be more visible that way is my rationale and maybe get some replies.

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

I have used colloidal silver with success when I have an infection and have had no bad effect WD-wise.  I am still tapering and not in protracted WD.   I take it much as you do, a teaspoon under the tongue held for twenty seconds, then swallowed, twice a day.  Once I stopped too soon (around five days) so had to take it for a bit longer.  I'm afraid I don't know anything about the ionic question.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

15 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I have used colloidal silver with success when I have an infection and have had no bad effect WD-wise.  I am still tapering and not in protracted WD.   I take it much as you do, a teaspoon under the tongue held for twenty seconds, then swallowed, twice a day.  Once I stopped too soon (around five days) so had to take it for a bit longer.  I'm afraid I don't know anything about the ionic question.

Thanks Gridley:

I'm going to try that next time. Not going through 4 antibiotics again.

Thanks for the info!

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Colloidal silver for infections
  • Moderator Emeritus

Okay thanks Gridley.  I'll try to go 7 days.  Just having congestion, postnasal drip, and a cough.  Maybe mild temperature irregularity.  So yours is not the Ionic form?  As I did read something about the Ionic causing a ? blue syndrome.

I'm in weird land today, even with protracted withdrawal, as I stupidly tried the full dose of some B energy vitamins this am.........nothing else but high dose B's.   Never again.  Way overstimulated with racing thoughts.......harder than usual to focus.  It does seem to be winding down a bit finally after an Epsom salt bath  and just pushing through the best I could.  I"ll try and post again if this cold clears nicely in 2 weeks or less.  Or if I find anything to share about the difference between the Ionic form vs. non Ionic.

Thanks again.

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Moderator Emeritus

So far so good.  The nasal stuff is better as is post nasal drip. 

I've got to wonder though and "should" do more research on this stuff.  As many are talking about heavy metal detoxes.  I mean common sense would tell me that Colloidal Silver is a heavy metal.  I'll continue on through a full week of twice a day dosing though.  And maybe try brewing up a pot of tea with just a bit of "bear root" in it, as the "bear root" is supposed to help with immune function.......or so I'm told.

Maybe it's all placebo effect.  That's okay too.

• Moderator Emeritus

The brand I have is Sovereign Silver and the label says nothing about ionic.  

Googling "Is colloidal silver a heavy metal?" I found this:

"Silver is a transition metal, not a heavy metal, and according to the EPA totally non-toxic to mammals. It is extremely toxic to molds, fungus, bacteria, protozoa and viruses."

Speaking just for myself, I'm comfortable using it.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Awesome.  Thank you Gridley.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Alright.  It's been 14 days now and I did about 10 days of the Colloidal Silver for a URI.  Much better.  Almost all clear.  :)

• 2 years later...

Is anybody able to shed some light on 'natural' antibiotics and antivirals, like colloidal silver and Oregano oil, for me? I assume that if they do actually work, then they are indiscriminate in what they kill, correct? If true, it goes without saying that this would be very bad. But if they only kill the bad stuff, how do they know what's bad?

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks.

My previous drug history was confusing, so I deleted it in favour of the following summary, as best I can recall:

2017 - Jun 2019: olanzapine, dose erratic, ranging from 1.25 to 2.5mg per day.

2017 - Jun 2019: klonopin, dose erratic, ranging from 0.0625mg twice a day to 0.25mg twice a day.

2017 - Jun 2019: gabapentin, dose erratic, ranging from 200 to 300mg per day.

Date uncertain: Lamotrigine, small amount for two months, C/T.

Jun 2019: admitted to hospital after months of severe rage (which I am certain was caused by akathesia, but no doctor caught it). Doctors cold-turkeyed all drugs, I submitted to 10 courses of ECT, and was put on 50mg of seroquel at bedtime.

Jul 2019 - Feb 2020: reduced seroquel sporadically from 50mg to 18.75mg.

Apr 19, 2020: Reduced seroquel from 18.75mg to 16.5mg.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi IanM,

I have no idea how they know what is bad.  And I suppose that there is always the risk that thing might get unbalanced too.  I mean the common bacteria that do live in the gut in balance, and I assume in other areas as well.  I mean it might result in a too rapid die off, maybe something like a too quick detox or something.

Probably not too enlightening for you.  I do okay with the collodal silver, on occasion now. 

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

• Moderator Emeritus
On 3/31/2020 at 9:28 PM, IanM said:

, like colloidal silver and Oregano oil,

I've done well with both and they are what I use for infections, along with echinacea.  It is true that oregano oil kills all bacteria, good and bad.  So it could have  negative effect, depending on the person.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

On 4/15/2020 at 6:51 PM, manymoretodays said:

Hi IanM,

I have no idea how they know what is bad.  And I suppose that there is always the risk that thing might get unbalanced too.  I mean the common bacteria that do live in the gut in balance, and I assume in other areas as well.  I mean it might result in a too rapid die off, maybe something like a too quick detox or something.

Probably not too enlightening for you.  I do okay with the collodal silver, on occasion now. 

Best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Thanks, mmt.

I'm leary of ingesting either of these substances, but am fine using them topically.

My previous drug history was confusing, so I deleted it in favour of the following summary, as best I can recall:

2017 - Jun 2019: klonopin, dose erratic, ranging from 0.0625mg twice a day to 0.25mg twice a day.

Jun 2019: admitted to hospital after months of severe rage (which I am certain was caused by akathesia, but no doctor caught it). Doctors cold-turkeyed all drugs, I submitted to 10 courses of ECT, and was put on 50mg of seroquel at bedtime.

10 hours ago, Gridley said:

I've done well with both and they are what I use for infections, along with echinacea.  It is true that oregano oil kills all bacteria, good and bad.  So it could have  negative effect, depending on the person.

Thanks, Gridley. Good to know about oregano oil...I will think twice before ingesting it.

• 5 months later...

I just met someone who swears this completely healed her from protracted withdrawal. @manymoretodays @Gridley, did you find that it helped at all with withdrawal symptoms?

i have never heard of it!

Paxil 20mg - 2013-2015 (tapered to Lexapro)

Lexapro 20mg 2015 - May 19th, 2020

Celexa 10mg - May 19-May 26; Celexa 20mg - May 26-June 25; June 25-July 22; Celexa 30mg - 2 weeks leading up to July 22 - Caused adverse reactions/impending doom,panic,akathisia CT’d Celexa July 22.

Developed PGAD August 13th - brutal; Buspar added 5mg twice a day for withdrawal anxiety - August 14th-15th but didn’t help PGAD (HELPED ANXIETY)

Nortriptyline 1mL liquid - August 19th-Sep 3 - HELPED PGAD but stopped because I thought I was having bad side effects (learned it was prob withdrawal from Celexa)

Sep 4 -Lexapro 1.25mg Sep 5 -Lexapro 2.5mg helped withdrawal symptoms but caused muscle pain so I knew I messed up

Sep 6-Sep 9 - Lexapro 1.25mg (helped flu like symptoms - severe “cortisol anxiety” at all hours of the night and day. No relief unless I take ativan which I tried so hard to avoid - severe nausea (too much med)

Sep 11-Now - Celexa .5mg (liquid .25ml)
May 2020 - Ativan .25mg as needed for anxiety - schedule at .125mg 3 x’s a day (September 13-15th 2020 or so - September 21st, 2020) September 22, 2020 - skipped midday dose of Ativan -  withdrawal symptoms insomnia, leg pain (September 23,2020 - now back to .125mg 3 x’s day)

(Vaginal Valium as needed for PGAD) - Used twice since August 13th - STOPPED

09/23/20; Pink Stork Probiotic - 08/2019-Current (started for pregnancy nausea)

2010-Now - Dexilant 30mg for acid reflux

• Moderator Emeritus
16 minutes ago, Shelton said:

swears this completely healed her from protracted withdrawal

I use colloidal silver from time to time for infections.  I have never experienced any relief from withdrawal from my use of colloidal silver, and I would not put any credence in this possibility.  Unfortunately, there is no silver bullet cure for withdrawal.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

6 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I use colloidal silver from time to time for infections.  I have never experienced any relief from withdrawal from my use of colloidal silver, and I would not put any credence in this possibility.  Unfortunately, there is no silver bullet cure for withdrawal.

That’s what I said too. I wonder if she had an underlying infection that was stopping her healing that she didn’t know about. 

Thank you Gridley! I get UTI’s often so I will definitely try this before an antibiotic!

Paxil 20mg - 2013-2015 (tapered to Lexapro)

Lexapro 20mg 2015 - May 19th, 2020

Celexa 10mg - May 19-May 26; Celexa 20mg - May 26-June 25; June 25-July 22; Celexa 30mg - 2 weeks leading up to July 22 - Caused adverse reactions/impending doom,panic,akathisia CT’d Celexa July 22.

Developed PGAD August 13th - brutal; Buspar added 5mg twice a day for withdrawal anxiety - August 14th-15th but didn’t help PGAD (HELPED ANXIETY)

Nortriptyline 1mL liquid - August 19th-Sep 3 - HELPED PGAD but stopped because I thought I was having bad side effects (learned it was prob withdrawal from Celexa)

Sep 4 -Lexapro 1.25mg Sep 5 -Lexapro 2.5mg helped withdrawal symptoms but caused muscle pain so I knew I messed up

Sep 6-Sep 9 - Lexapro 1.25mg (helped flu like symptoms - severe “cortisol anxiety” at all hours of the night and day. No relief unless I take ativan which I tried so hard to avoid - severe nausea (too much med)

Sep 11-Now - Celexa .5mg (liquid .25ml)
May 2020 - Ativan .25mg as needed for anxiety - schedule at .125mg 3 x’s a day (September 13-15th 2020 or so - September 21st, 2020) September 22, 2020 - skipped midday dose of Ativan -  withdrawal symptoms insomnia, leg pain (September 23,2020 - now back to .125mg 3 x’s day)

(Vaginal Valium as needed for PGAD) - Used twice since August 13th - STOPPED

09/23/20; Pink Stork Probiotic - 08/2019-Current (started for pregnancy nausea)

2010-Now - Dexilant 30mg for acid reflux

• Moderator Emeritus
5 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I get UTI’s often so I will definitely try this before an antibiotic!

So you're aware, colloidal silver, like oregano oil and antibiotics, kills good bacteria as well as bad.  There's not much way around that.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy