robcbar1

Stellate Ganglion Block (i.e. needle in the neck) success?

robcbar1

Has anyone tried a Stellate Ganglion Block (i.e. needle in neck) to alleviate severe anxiety/panic in protracted WD?  I read a story on Beyond Meds that mentioned relief but for only 2 days, so it doesn’t sound like a viable option.  I know there has been limited success with soldiers experiencing PTSD.  Thoughts?     

Edited by ChessieCat
corrected Bock to Block

lobster

Good morning 🙂I Have been looking into this to see if it might help me . My worst issues are sleep hypervigilance,  racing heart at sleep onset, things like that. I've been dealing with this for many years . Did you ever look into it any further? 

lobster
On 2/7/2019 at 10:47 AM, GiaK said:

of course she's wrong about some stuff. We all are. The clearer we get the more we don't attach to ideas ... we can still use them for utilitarian purposes....and learn and grow. I started practicing non-belief many years ago now. 

Hello Giak  🙂 I've been looking into the stellate ganglion block for hyperarousal and anxiety issues.  I've suffered for many years and thought this might be a help . Alto told me you had the procedure done at one point,  I didn't know if you would mind giving me your opinion on the matter?   Sorry this is off topic , but I wasn't sure how to contact you , I'm not very good with forum things lol. Thanks for your time . 

lobster
9 hours ago, GiaK said:

It backfired like anything can when we're hypersensitive 

Stellate ganglion block https://beyondmeds.com/2012/02/09/2yranniversary/stellate-ganglion-block/ via @wordpressdotcom

Thank you Giak for your response.  It sounds like a gamble as to whether it would work or not. My issues are primarily hypervigilance, especially sleep related.  I'm sorry it didn't work for you , did you ever end up having a second injection? If not ,do you think it would have helped? It would be rough to have four days of diminished symptoms, only to have the relief snatched away . I'm not sure if I could handle the traveling,  if it were closer then I would be more inclined to try it . Thank you for your time 🙂

GiaK

The second injection made the rebound worse. The worst part was feeling so good and losing it it was truly like an Awakenings and it happened twice. The second injection was not an improvement on the whole entire phenomena. In a long-run I suppose I would say that in some sense having that time in my body feeling normal gave me something to intuitively shoot for. But in the short run of even several years it looked like a bad mistake

lobster
5 hours ago, GiaK said:

The second injection made the rebound worse. The worst part was feeling so good and losing it it was truly like an Awakenings and it happened twice. The second injection was not an improvement on the whole entire phenomena. In a long-run I suppose I would say that in some sense having that time in my body feeling normal gave me something to intuitively shoot for. But in the short run of even several years it looked like a bad mistake

Thank you very much for your insight. 

lobster
19 hours ago, lobster said:

Thank you very much for your insight. 

Giak , I know you said in retrospect you believe the block was a  bad idea . Was it only a bad idea because of the let down after a few days of having some normalcy? I am debating on it , I found out today at my health center they offer the gangleon block and would possibly be willing to try it for me, but I'm really on the fence.  I don't want to make my symptoms worse . On the other hand, I'd feel bad if I had a shot of making things better and didn't.  It's a hard decision.  I am really sorry it didn't work for you, I wish it had . Thanks for your help ,I really appreciate it  🙂

GiaK

Good luck with whatever you decide. I have learned one thing and that is we can only be the ones who know what is right for us and move forward with empowerment. If you enter this decision in a state of committing to learn something you will. That's all I do at this point -- learn by my choices. And at this point that involves an ongoing commitment to surrendering to the unknown.

lobster
2 hours ago, GiaK said:

Good luck with whatever you decide. I have learned one thing and that is we can only be the ones who know what is right for us and move forward with empowerment. If you enter this decision in a state of committing to learn something you will. That's all I do at this point -- learn by my choices. And at this point that involves an ongoing commitment to surrendering to the unknown.

And at this point that involves an ongoing commitment to surrendering to the unknown.

I like this , you are so very right . That might be one reason I give myself more issues,  I have a very hard time just letting go and rolling with the flow . I to am learning that which won't bend ,will break , but it's hard . I don't have high expectations with the block , but I don't want to make my symptoms worse either. It's a hard call. Thank you  🙂

lobster
On 2/11/2019 at 2:55 PM, lobster said:

And at this point that involves an ongoing commitment to surrendering to the unknown.

I like this , you are so very right . That might be one reason I give myself more issues,  I have a very hard time just letting go and rolling with the flow . I to am learning that which won't bend ,will break , but it's hard . I don't have high expectations with the block , but I don't want to make my symptoms worse either. It's a hard call. Thank you  🙂

Giak , I have a consultation March 9th . My local hospital  offers the gangleon block . I figure I'll see what they have to say . I'm very nervous about the whole thing ,so I might back out yet . I would love for it to work , but could handle it, if it didn't, but I don't know if I could handle getting worse from it . This is a very hard decision, one of these times I might make the right decision lol..