Coming to Your Neighborhood Soon - Super Drugs!

Jemima

• Moderator Emeritus

Check this out for the latest in powerful painkillers and crime:

http://tinyurl.com/Super-Drugs

And here's a related article with an astute comment by reporter Ralph B. Davis:

“The pharmaceutical companies developing Zohydro and other copycat drugs clearly must know that their products will kill people,” he wrote. “They see it happening every single day. And they have been warned that the problem is growing worse.”

http://tinyurl.com/7b3md57

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Disturbing realization that assumed 'protective systems' are actually a delusion=Depressive reality

This doesn't even look at the underground/internet market which I've been battling for years -- an exercise in futility

Yea right- it's the acetaminophen that's the problem

Similar Loophole allows my sister to buy Fioricet (barbiturate plus acetaminophen-- unscheduled) 90/week without prescription from a US pharmacy in Texas ~i couldn't believe it and called pharmacy myself and very nice pharmacist explained that it is amount of acetaminophen and NOT ADDICTIVE BARBITURATE that limits # pills that can be dispensed st one time ( this was after her threat to hunt me down and kill me from psych hospital bed with guard/witness and trying to attack me in ER) Great system at work

Fiorinol (same barbiturate but with aspirin) is Schedule III --highly controlled --same category as hydrocodone w APAP / Darvocet

DEA Exempted Prescriptions Product List --May 2010

I dont like to publicize this info for fear of encouraging more abuse but I'm thinking it's better to be aware of these dangerous issues

*Alto please remove at your discretion*

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, Barbarannamated, that's really scary. A long time ago I had a prescription for Fiorinal and it can really knock a person out. In fact, I think it could be used successfully for suicide. It's hard to believe that combining barbiturates with Tylenol rather than aspirin somehow makes it okay.

At the risk of sounding paranoid, Big Pharma is out to get us. :o

Psychotropic drug history: Pristiq 50 mg. (mid-September 2010 through February 2011), Remeron (mid-September 2010 through January 2011), Lexapro 10 mg. (mid-February 2011 through mid-December 2011), Lorazepam (Ativan) 1 mg. as needed mid-September 2010 through early March 2012

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1588-introducing-jemima/

Success Story: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6263-success-jemima-survives-lexapro-and-dr-dickhead-too/

Please note that I am not a medical professional and my advice is based on personal experience, reading, and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers.

Bard is absolutely right. And I also fear sharing this information but people should be aware of this serious problem.

The online pharmacies are for the most part drug dealers. The three biggest drugs that online pharmacies sell are Fioricet, Soma and Tramadol because they are not scheduled as controlled substances. BUT, these drugs are abused by many people. They are the drugs of choice for people who cannot obtain vicodin, percocet etc. because at high doses they create a similar high to opiates. 

Barb, I know you know this but your sister is killing her liver with all that acetaminophen. 

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

Yes a suicide drawn out over 20 years now and funded by dad ~ive tried to talk to him for years and years but he doesn't know how to stop now ~it was during one of these talks that he said 'it might be better it she just killed herself' so I think that's what he's subconsciously hoping for because he's in his 80s and she is totally dependent on him• he's refuses to tell me of any plans or provisions for her and my mom although I was to be executor of will • there's a disconnect in him that's hard to describe

Anyway …wanted to correct that to get Fioricet from regular in person doc it is definitely prescription but because of the Scheduling Loophole the internet pharmacies can provide with just a cursory questionairre

The DEA told me they cant possibly keep ahead of the internet pharmacies because they use the changing IP addresses and different pharmacies to fill orders • I went to the police in my hometown and told them the situation and that she's been threatening to kill me and they were in disbelief that anyone could get drugs like thst off internet • same for ER docs -- I even had the receipts for 2 years of 90 pills/week at $90/week• showed dad and he still denied it

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Right, I should not have said that Fioricet is not a controlled substance. It is.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

Now I'm confusing myself (not a difficult task)…Scheduled vs Controlled …

For example„what are antibiotics (Question)

Schedule V --im not sure

Antibiotics are Schedule IV.

In the US all drugs and some substances are "controlled substances". When most people talk about a controlled substance they are referring to prescription drugs with high abuse potential. The definition is broader than that.

Controlled substances are drugs or substances which are scheduled as I through V by DEA.

Scheduling criteria is based on appropriateness for medical use and abuse potential. Schedules can differ by state, as do prescription laws. 

For example, heroin would be a Schedule I substance, no medical use with high abuse potential. Percocet would be a Schedule II substance, it has medical purpose but has high abuse potential. Schedule V drugs are OTC. 

Then to make matters more confusing a substance on its own can be in one schedule; but when it is  an ingredient in a drug it can be in a different schedule. This is the "loop hole" you were talking about.

Butalbital which is the key "high producing" ingredient in Fioricet is a Schedule III substance although Fioricet is a Schedule IV drug.

Online pharmacies can dispense controlled substances which fall under Schedule IV and V.

MY STORY

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

The online pharmacies are for the most part drug dealers.

As far as I can tell, they're *all* drug dealers, online or at the corner pharmacy! :angry:

And doctors do the pushing and pimping!!!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy