Downbutnotout: Started a bridge to get off effexor

Downbutnotout

I figured out the trazadone is causing me tremors..the last time I took it was yesterday at 4 pm. Should I continue taking it although it’s doing this to me? I have some leftover Effexor which I took for years and prozac which I took for10 days. I am dangerously low right now. I have nothing in me right now. I thought I may have gotten a slight response to the prozac. The effexor is something I’m used to. My mood is really bad right now but when I took 50 mg if trazadone yesterday,,the eye tremor and leg tremor got going. I got really upset. My eye is doing a little  tremor but nothing like when I took the trazadone. My leg stopped altogether. It only tremored for about 5 minutes. So I know it was the effect. I took trazadone for years and this never happened. But just 50 mg at night.I just upped it to 100 mg in the last few weeks. The tremors scare me. HELP!!! Should I keep taking the trazadone?? I’ve been off effexor for 5 weeks, but I did try 5 beads several days ago. I think I had s bad reaction which made he feel very suicidal. Please someone answer me. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Downbutnotout

• Frogie

• Littlegrandma

• Kristine

Hi

If I was in your shoes I would look back to what I was taking when I last feel well and discuss getting back to that point with a competent doctor as soon as possible.  Then after a few months of feeling well again you could revisit your whole situation and decide if you still want to taper in a very gradual manner.

The uncertainty of your current situation, not knowing who to listen to or what to take, is ramping up your anxiety.  You sound agitated, agitation and depression are a difficult mix to live with.  You need to become calmer.  I do understand because in the past I have been where you are now, and it is lonely and frightening.  As much as you dislike and distrust psychiatry you may need to consider taking professional medical advice at the moment, or if you don't want to do that, looking after yourself in such as way that you will remain safe. 

Also although it is distressing beyond distressing for yourself, it is also awful for your husband and daughters.  It is a real strain on the whole family, they will be feeling lost and helpless too, and wishing you were well and happy.

Just because you feel like this right now does not mean that you will always feel like this, there is always a way to improve your situation enough to make future real progress possible.  You just have to find a way to make your next few days bearable while you try to sort things out for yourself.  You have to acknowledge the seriousness of your present state of mind and take steps to resolve it.  You have to own the problem and take action, or alternatively try to sit it out and see where you are in say a week.

I know it is tough.

Joy

Jan 2023 to July 2023 250mg quetiapine

Tapered off quetiapine again over 2 months - now weight problem

Thanks joy. Today was better. I did take 0.5 mg of prozac. I think it did lift me up. I did take effexor for years but it was no longer working. I had to do something. My mood was very low and I couldn’t get out of bed for3 days. I know that looking for a drug is not the answer but I don’t know what else to do. I did get up and down on the trazadone. I was relying on the trazadone for the last 2 weeks. I really hadn’t taken an antidepressant since the buspar which I’ve been off for 20 days. She took me from effexor 75 mg, to prozac 20 mg, to buspar (horrible reaction) to nothing. Trazadone which I’ve been on for years. Basically, a cold turkey situation. She thought if I upped the trazadone, I could get rid of the depression that way. Unfortunately, upping the trazadone, made my eye start twitching which really upset me. It’s still twitching a little. I got absolutely hysterical. I too a 1 mg ativan this morning. I hadn’t taken one in a couple of weeks. I’m planning on takeing 1/2 oftrazadone tonight since I don’t want to cold turkey it. I guess I’ll still to the 0.5 mg of prozac for the next few weeks. Although I’m sure she’ll tell me to up it. She wants to add remeron at night since the trazadone is not making me happy. Of course I don’t want to listen to her cause she just wants to make me a big dope addict. 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 6:37 AM, Downbutnotout said:

I took trazadone for years

But your drug sig says you just started it in june 17 . So when did you start trazodone?

Please think carefully about taking a benzo. Do you really want to open this door? 

Well done on refusing the remeron.

What do you think about the trazodone tapering advise 

Tips for tapering off trazodone (Desyrel)

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I haven’t turned down the remeron yet. The trazadone is making my eye twitch. If I take the prozac, I’ll have to have something help me sleep. 

So whatever your doctor says you just accept it then? And if she says try 'this' you just assume that it must be safe else she wouldn't offer it right?

This is the sort of blind trust that has led us all into a dreadful situation. Drug addicts by stealth.

Your situation imo has actually become very complicated because of all the chopping and changing of drugs you have done.  Continuing to switch drugs is not the way out of this.

Has your doctor ever taken any of these drugs for herself...I doubt it, she might be ignorant but shes not stupid.

I'm so sorry the medical profession have done this to you.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Now I’m addicted to sI caved today. I went back on o.5 mg of Prozac. I’d been on it for 10 daysgetting off effexor. I was so depressed I couldn’t stand it. I am mega suicidal. Every other word out if my mouth is I have to kill my self. I can’t live like this.  I guess what I should do is stay in this awhile before I get stabslized. Then get off it?? I also took an ativan this morning 1mg. I hadn’t then onr in 10 days. Up to this point I’d only taken a half. I was a total wreck this  morning. I also dm cut back on my trazadone 50 mg. I haven’t been able to get out of bed for 3 days. This afternoon I did go out with some friends. Now everyone knows I’m in a horrible depression. I guess I could’ve gotten back on the Effexor but it hadn’t lifted my mood. The Prozac was a little. I am feeling like a sell out. But going off everything cold turkey is impossible. And I know that’s not what your supposed to do. I know at some  point she’ll tell me to raise the prozac. I know it will stay at 0.5 for a while. Is there any logical way out if this? Should I be doing the effexor beads at the same time? I’m already addicted to ativan. I woke up wanting one. Now what do I do? 

Somebody else help! 

You may have to reiterate as it is unclear. What is sl ? ( addicted)

You upped Trazodone to 100  ~ from what?  What is your current regimen?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

I went from 50 to 100 if trazadone.  Now all I can think about is the damn ativan. Only for 2 weeks. Yesterday, I was wanting to kill myself and screaming. I was practically throwing myself down the stairs, that’s why I took the ativan. I was down to 100mg of trazadone. I added 0.5 mg of Prozac yesterday and today. I’m really anxious now. 

I feel like a giant failure. 

Instead of taking more ativan I decided to take propanolol. Which is a non addictive anxiety drug. I am upset about being addicted to ativan. I have taken 16 Ativans  in 6 months. I’m also going to tell her I don’t want to switch to remeron. I need a drug rehab place. 

14 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

I feel like a giant failure. 

Hey DBNO,

What makes you feel this way? Is it because you were stressed and screaming? I felt like a bit of a failure today too. I slept through my meditation class, didn't get the instructions for the group discussion, then left early because I felt so awkward. I think we're going to get through it okay though.

Marmot 

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

I’m so depressed I decided to go on Prozac . I was on it for 10 days.its the last antidepressant I was on although it was short term. I figure I’ll stay on it. For awhile than titrate down. I’m only on  1/2 of a 0..5. I’m afraid if I’m not on something I’ll risk suicide right now.am I wrong with this thinking.? I’m also on 50 mg of trazadone. Would I be smarter getting back on effexor than titrate go down from that . It had pooped out.  Should I be on nothing ?

I figure I’ll get the Prozac up to 0.5.the psychiatrist gave me options on medicine to try . She did phone in a pill form of effexor so I cold use that.. She’s did say it was no big deal to get off this stuff . Yeah for her. She gave me choices of vibryiid,remeron, effexor , and prozac.

I’m having trouble believing I can go without this stuff cause my body is so used to it. My husband thought I should go with nothing and tough it out. I, also cutting out ativan. I only took 1/4 today and didn’t react well.had a terrible night yesterday. Got hyper.didnt know if it was the prozac or Ativan wd. How do I sort this out?

marmot I appreciate your posts.is there a way I can contact administrators to get their advice.

• Moderator Emeritus

If any of the drugs are helping with the symptoms stay on them until you stabilise. Think in terms of months. Many months. 6 months.

This is not the time to feel bad about taking them. Taking them is reducing harm. Withdrawal is a brutal and life threatening condition. Inform yourself well.

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

She told me propanolol was harmless.no wd symptoms. I looked it up and there seems to be people having wd symptoms when they get off it. So that’s not safe either. I’m supposed to see her tomorrow. I actually was encouraged yesterday when I took the prozac. I’d taken the ativan in the morning. That was probably why. My kids kept encouraging me to listen to the professionals. So what do I do now? Maybe I should’ve just gotten back on the Effexor. She said it only comes in 37.5 capsules when I know it comes in pill form. I’m more and more convinced these doctors are evil. If I had to go it affine I would’ve never gone to them but now it’s way too late. I am do desperate but my husband isn’t a really with me. My kids aren’t with me. 

2 hours ago, bubble said:

If any of the drugs are helping with the symptoms stay on them until you stabilise. Think in terms of months. Many months. 6 months.

This is not the time to feel bad about taking them. Taking them is reducing harm. Withdrawal is a brutal and life threatening condition. Inform yourself well.

I AM AN IDIOT WHO NEEDS SOME HELP NOW!   I need some help now. Several people have replied to me, but I would appreciate some advice.

THIS IS MY STORY

I took effexor for years and thought it worked. YEARS I was even up to 150 mg. No problem

I went off 3 years ago too quick

I added a lot of natural vitamins. With a natural doctor  who  sold the stuff, and gave me a tremendous amount.

NEVER DO THAT!

Got depressed

Went to the psychiatrist

First she put me on Zoloft and I got hyper. (Probably because of the way I came off everything.)

Put me back on 75 mg of effexor and I agreed to take 50 mg of trazadone

Was fine for 3 years

Had an incident where I got fired from a volunteer job. Pushed me into another upset depression

The way this was solved by me and the psychiatrist

Upped my effexor to 113 mg. I asked her to up it to 150 mg (Lost my mind on that, bad reaction)

She took me back to 75 without even decreasing the dose.

In the meantime she decided I needed lithium which I took for 10 days

She gave me lamactil which I took for another 10 days until I figured out it was effecting my vision

Kept taking the effexor. She added deplin 15 mg which made me very hyper. She said, “that doesn’t happen.” I finally quit that

After a couple of weeks she decided that 75 mg of effexor wasn’t working for me, and took me off that using a ‘Prozac bridge” which I took for 10 days. Got off the effexor and prozac

Went for TMS. It didn’t work. She decided to make me feel better, we tried Buspar for 10 days. That was the worst drug I’d ever tried. I got very hyper on it. And aggressive. Stopped it

I went back to the psychiatrist. She told me to pick Vibryiid, effexor, or prozac again. I thought I’d gotten an initial reaction to prozac. I HAD TRIED 5 BEADS OF THE EFFEXOR AND THOUGHT IT HYPED ME UP. She did prescribe me effexor in pill form so if I decide to take it I can cut it down. 

So I tried it PROZAC 3 days ago. Hardly any the first 2 days (Like less than 2 mg). It wasn’t too bad of a reaction. Then I cut out a little too much ).6 mg, and I had a horrible reaction. 

I was also on Ativan for about a month, but I hardly took any of it. So, I cut that out. 

Now here I am. I stopped the prozac 3 days ago. 

Now I am on trazadone, and that’s it. I added a little vistaril for the anxiety. 

HOW SHOULD I PROCEED? 

My brain is fried. IS IT TOO LATE TO FIX THIS? I CAN’T LEAVE THE HOUSE. ALL I WANT TO DO IS LAY DOWN. I AM SCARED 

At what point on that timeline did you start feeling the way you do now? 

I'm not sure what advice to give you, but it seems that common approach would be to reinstate whatever you had been withdrawing from before. But it seems you have tried that without success with Prozac and Effexor. Are you still feeling bad from the reactions or are you suffering from previous withdrawal do you think?

Aug-Dec 2015 Prozac 20mg / Dec 2015-Feb 2016 Prozac 15mg / Feb 2016-May2016 Prozac 20mg

May 2016-June 2016 15mg

June 2016-August 2016 10mg

October 2016-January 2017 15mg, alternating agitation/akathisia sets in --> cold turkey

January 2017 Clonazepam .5mg 

February 2017 Clonazepam 1mg (for a week) then .5mg morning and .25mg evening for about a month. Came down to .25mg morning and evening. 

May 1, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .125mg evening. // May 20, 2017 Clonazepam .25mg morning and .0625 evening (.3125 total).

early June .28125 // early mid june .25mg // mid june .21875 // late june .1875 // early july .15625 // early mid july .125 

mid july .09375mg // late july .0625 //early August 2017 down to .03125mg once a day, hopped off in mid August

reinstated at .0625mg late August // Oct 16 - updose to .07mg and switch to oral Rosemont solution

Nov 17 2017 reinstate Prozac .5mg // Nov 21 2017 prozac 1.6mg // Dec 18 2017  3mg prozac / fast taper off the reinstatement -- probably completely off early Oct 2018

June 2019 begin tapering off .07mg Clonazepam, Finish taper December 2019

I GOT DYSFUNCTIONL AFTER THE BUSPAR AND WHEN SHE TOOK ME OFF EFFEXOR. 

I got completely dysfunctional after the buspar and when she took me off effexor. I am screwed. My life is over. 

19 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

I got completely dysfunctional after the buspar and when she took me off effexor. I am screwed. My life is over. 

Hi Downbutnotout,  I am so sorry you are suffering so terribly.  Like most people on this forum, I can relate and empathise to your battles. However, you are not "screwed" and your life is not "over" even though it may feel like it.  I said to my husband yesterday "I don't know how much more I can take of this".....his response "... over the past 10 years I've seen you go through this hell a thousand times.  You made it through then, you can do it again, at least now we are equipped with the correct information".  Wise man.  Something practical you could try is the '4-7-8' breathing technique https://www.drweil.com>stress-anxiety this brings me some relief. 

Try to be kind to yourself (I know it is difficult) you are stronger than you think 😉 K

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

I don’t know. Tomorrow, I guess I’ll try the effexor beads again. This cold turkey thing is not going to work. The prozac made me insane. I’m afraid the effexor is going to do the same thing. I can’t interact, or leave the house. Barely. 

Hey Downbutnotout,  

Many times I don't know what to do either 😕 I have found reading other people's stories very reassuring (hense my intro title 'not Alone').  I have been listening to J. Moore "let's talk withdrawal" podcast http://www.jfmoore.co.uk>podcast it is comforting to hear the voices of those who have suffered, are still suffering and the experts who have dedicated their lives to promote awareness and change.  Also when you are actually listening to another persons story, it gets you out of your own head. At least this is my experience.  Sometimes I tell myself the pain (both mental and physical) is positive because it is proof that my CNS is healing.

Sending a big hug your way. K 

• Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

Thank you so much. I am too old to be going through this. I do believe my life is over as I knew it. It is sad. I have a nice family, but I think it’s just too late at this point. 

You have to decide on ONE thing and stick to it to give your body time to stabilize. This taking something for a few days then trying something else is the last thing you should be doing in your situation. It's making things worse.

You sound very unstable emotionally. When I was in your shoes, I often felt I needed to be in a hospital, but knew that was not an option because they'd add more drugs and  that would be the end of me.

So here are some suggestions on what you can do until you stabilize enough to be able to make more rational decisions about your recovery:

1-Seek support from loved ones. Have your husband, kids, best friend or anyone you trust read through this website or start posting here for you asking for advice. Make sure this person understands you're suicidal and keeps watch on you to make sure you're safe.

2-Call a crisis line as often as needed when you're overwhelmed. Someone posted a local number for your area above. When doing this, don't mention suicidal thoughts unless you feel you have a plan and your life is in imminent danger. If you do, they *might* call paramedics and admit you and drug you against your will. 

3-Find out if there are intensive outpatient programs in your area where you can get many hours of therapy (individual and group) and support per week without being required to take medication. I did this and it helped keep me out of the hospital. It's also good distraction as it forces you out of the house to socialize and practice soothing skills at least twice a week.

4-Distract and soothe. Don't react to your negative/unpleasant emotions (depression, anxiety, hopelessness) by panicking and judging yourself or the emotions. This multiplies their effect.  Practice acceptance of emotion and doing things to soothe yourself (rest, nap, massage, exercise, walk outside, tv, movies, games, anything that distracts you or soothes you, even if it's just a bit).

This IS hard. Give yourself credit. I kept this saying in my bag when I was at my worst: "You're not a mess. You're brave for trying".

Hugs :)

• SSRIs 3-4 times in the last 14 years; would take them for 6-8 months and then taper off under dr supervision with no problems.
  • Med history prior to 2015: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6012-newbeginning-my-withdrawal-story/?p=267313#entry267313
  • 04/2015: Prozac decreased to 15mg over last 3 months; effexor held steady at 8mg; current effexor XR: 20 beads of a 75mg capsule per day (about 8mg)
  • 06/2015: Prozac: 10mg; effexor XR: 19 beads (about 7.5mg); 07/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor 18 beads; 08/2015: Prozac: 7.5mg; effexor: 17 beads
  • End of August: withdrawal: depressive symptoms, crying spells. Realized I was measuring prozac dose wrong for the last 2 months. Reinstated Prozac 8.5mg; Kept effexor at 17 beads. Stabilized in 5 weeks.
  • 10/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor: 17 beads11/2015: Prozac: 1.9ml (7.5mg); effexor: 16 beads12/2015: Prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: 16 beads. Withdrawal: neuroemotions
  • 01/2016: prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: reinstated 17 beads, withdrawal improved; 02/2016: Prozac 1.5ml; Effexor: 17 beads; 03/2016: Prozac 1.3ml(5mg); Effexor: 17 beads (7mg)-withdrawal (flu-like malaise, lightheaded, drowsy) started end of March. April 15: reinstated Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized. 2 weeks ok. End of April: Withdrawal (neuroemotions). Eventually stabilized in April-May. Apathy improved.
  • 3 month hold until August. August 2016: apathy came back;

• October 2016: updosed to Prozac 1.6ml. Bad reaction: anxiety, depression. End of October: went down Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized over several weeks.

• Dec 9: tried macca for energy: anxiety/depression. Improved over several weeks, but not completely resolved.

• Dec 31: cut Effexor 5% to 16 beads. After 9 days: withdrawal anxiety, depression; tried updosing to 17 beads Feb 7 but anxiety got worse; went down to 16 beads

May 2017: Anxiety improved; severe depression continuesSeptember 2017: finally stabilized!!!!!! 09/07/2017-12/31/2017: hold

• Stable on Effexor 6mg and Prozac 6mg until around 2019-2020. Side effects (fatigue, anhedonia) continued, but had some long lasting windows thanks to therapy. Windows lasting 5-6 months each year followed by relapses.

• 2019: bad reaction to melatonin 3 mg. Withdrawal after taking it 2 months. When I tried to stop it developed severe insomnia that lasted 6 months even after I reinstated melatonin. Only slept again because I took hydroxyzine 5 mg 3 times a week for few months. Stopped hydroxyzine with no issues. Sleep normalized.

• 2020-2021: Holding on Prozac 6mg, Effexor 6mg, Tapered melatonin 1 drop every 2-4 weeks down to 1.5mg. Had to hold because further cuts were causing severe drowsiness. 

• 2021: Insomnia returned due to caffeine use for few months (only started after months of use). I also had a concussion at this time.

• 2023: took hydroxyzine 5-100mg for one month (kept increasing dose every 3 days because I developed tolerance). Tapered for 1 week. After 1 month: withdrawal neuroemotions. Reinstated 5mg 2 months after stopping. Gradually increased to 25mg, stabilized, but withdrawal came back after 10 days. Kept increasing dose and withdrawal returning. Currently at 40mg. Not sure how to stabilize. 

4 minutes ago, Newbeginning said:

You're not a mess. You're brave for trying".

I love this NB!  You should turn it into a fridge magnet 😃 K

Thanks for the suggestions. Does going cold turkey ever help? At this point I’m afraid to try anything because it will make me manic. Yes, I am very unstable emotionally. I know it too. It’s so difficult. I can’t think of any place that will let me go without drugs. I am afraid of being put in the hospital for the very same reason. I know they will drug me to death. They all also give me shock treatment. That’s what they want to do. I am ready to kill myself but I don’t have the nerve. And I don’t want to hurt my children. I don’t know how long I can put up with this. I actually took my wedding ring off at a ymca and put it in the shower when I was going crazy with my husband. Things have really gotten bad. I wish they had a hospital I could go to where they wouldn’t force drugs and shock treatment down my throat. I would go there in a heart beat. i don’t know how long my husband can put up with this. Is it possible I can last on just 50 mg of trazadone for a couple of weeks. Will my symptoms go away without being on a medication. I was thinking of starting remeron. I would try anything that could possibly stabilize me. 

Hey DBNO,

It sounds like you're really suffering, but you still aren't sure what you want to do about the meds. Newbeginning gave some really good suggestions, do you want to choose one and tell us how it goes in the meanwhile? It might help you feel better for now while you sort out what you want to do.

Take care,

Heather

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:32 PM, Kristine said:

I love this NB!  You should turn it into a fridge magnet 😃 K

LOL not my words. It was a little card I carried with me at my worst. Then I took it out of my bag and put it on the fridge with a magnet (it had no magnet). So you read my mind! 

They are actually 2. The other one says "Be gentle with yourself. You're doing the best you can".

It sounds cheesy, but reminding me of both things helped me when things were so bad for months that I couldn't find one ounce of peace of mind, self-worth, hope or self-compassion in me :) 

• SSRIs 3-4 times in the last 14 years; would take them for 6-8 months and then taper off under dr supervision with no problems.
  • Med history prior to 2015: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/6012-newbeginning-my-withdrawal-story/?p=267313#entry267313
  • 04/2015: Prozac decreased to 15mg over last 3 months; effexor held steady at 8mg; current effexor XR: 20 beads of a 75mg capsule per day (about 8mg)
  • 06/2015: Prozac: 10mg; effexor XR: 19 beads (about 7.5mg); 07/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor 18 beads; 08/2015: Prozac: 7.5mg; effexor: 17 beads
  • End of August: withdrawal: depressive symptoms, crying spells. Realized I was measuring prozac dose wrong for the last 2 months. Reinstated Prozac 8.5mg; Kept effexor at 17 beads. Stabilized in 5 weeks.
  • 10/2015: Prozac: 8.5mg; effexor: 17 beads11/2015: Prozac: 1.9ml (7.5mg); effexor: 16 beads12/2015: Prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: 16 beads. Withdrawal: neuroemotions
  • 01/2016: prozac: 1.6ml; effexor xr: reinstated 17 beads, withdrawal improved; 02/2016: Prozac 1.5ml; Effexor: 17 beads; 03/2016: Prozac 1.3ml(5mg); Effexor: 17 beads (7mg)-withdrawal (flu-like malaise, lightheaded, drowsy) started end of March. April 15: reinstated Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized. 2 weeks ok. End of April: Withdrawal (neuroemotions). Eventually stabilized in April-May. Apathy improved.

• October 2016: updosed to Prozac 1.6ml. Bad reaction: anxiety, depression. End of October: went down Prozac 1.5ml. Stabilized over several weeks.

• Dec 9: tried macca for energy: anxiety/depression. Improved over several weeks, but not completely resolved.

• Dec 31: cut Effexor 5% to 16 beads. After 9 days: withdrawal anxiety, depression; tried updosing to 17 beads Feb 7 but anxiety got worse; went down to 16 beads

May 2017: Anxiety improved; severe depression continuesSeptember 2017: finally stabilized!!!!!! 09/07/2017-12/31/2017: hold

• Stable on Effexor 6mg and Prozac 6mg until around 2019-2020. Side effects (fatigue, anhedonia) continued, but had some long lasting windows thanks to therapy. Windows lasting 5-6 months each year followed by relapses.

• 2019: bad reaction to melatonin 3 mg. Withdrawal after taking it 2 months. When I tried to stop it developed severe insomnia that lasted 6 months even after I reinstated melatonin. Only slept again because I took hydroxyzine 5 mg 3 times a week for few months. Stopped hydroxyzine with no issues. Sleep normalized.

• 2020-2021: Holding on Prozac 6mg, Effexor 6mg, Tapered melatonin 1 drop every 2-4 weeks down to 1.5mg. Had to hold because further cuts were causing severe drowsiness. 

• 2021: Insomnia returned due to caffeine use for few months (only started after months of use). I also had a concussion at this time.

• 2023: took hydroxyzine 5-100mg for one month (kept increasing dose every 3 days because I developed tolerance). Tapered for 1 week. After 1 month: withdrawal neuroemotions. Reinstated 5mg 2 months after stopping. Gradually increased to 25mg, stabilized, but withdrawal came back after 10 days. Kept increasing dose and withdrawal returning. Currently at 40mg. Not sure how to stabilize. 

On 12/10/2017 at 6:45 PM, Downbutnotout said:

Thanks for the suggestions. Does going cold turkey ever help? At this point I’m afraid to try anything because it will make me manic. Yes, I am very unstable emotionally. I know it too. It’s so difficult. I can’t think of any place that will let me go without drugs. I am afraid of being put in the hospital for the very same reason. I know they will drug me to death. They all also give me shock treatment. That’s what they want to do. I am ready to kill myself but I don’t have the nerve. And I don’t want to hurt my children. I don’t know how long I can put up with this. I actually took my wedding ring off at a ymca and put it in the shower when I was going crazy with my husband. Things have really gotten bad. I wish they had a hospital I could go to where they wouldn’t force drugs and shock treatment down my throat. I would go there in a heart beat. i don’t know how long my husband can put up with this. Is it possible I can last on just 50 mg of trazadone for a couple of weeks. Will my symptoms go away without being on a medication. I was thinking of starting remeron. I would try anything that could possibly stabilize me. 

Cold turkey from what? Trazadone? In your situation, any more med changes are bad news. Read through your posts here. Every time you added a med, change the dose or drop a med, you got worse.

*Maybe* consider a SMALL reinstatement of Effexor.  Looking at your history since June, you were stable before June at 75mg Effexor. Then your dr increased the dose, got you manic, added more meds, messed you up more. Then janked you off Effexor end of October(?). So it's been 2 months Effexor free and you have not been as stable as in June since. Is this accurate?

IF this is how it went, then a small reinstatement of Effexor (way below 75mg) may help. Start very low and you can always increase if needed. Ask the mods here what dose to try after 2 months off. They may have some ideas on what dose usually works, but you still have to listen to what dose your body needs to stabilize (by starting *very low* dose, and increasing *very* gradually-over weeks, not days). 

If Effexor doesn't help, all you can do is wait. I know this sucks. I have been there in the deepest state of depression and anxiety. It's hell on earth. But freaking out doesn't help us. You're making bad decisions because you're freaking out.

You said you were functioning before you tried the 2mg Prozac. Now you're worse and can't function or do anything to distract/soothe. What does that tell you? Stop adding meds, and especially a med like Prozac that has caused a bad reaction in you *every* time.

This is good. The doctor wants me to add a terrible drug, seroquel. 

Anyone: first of all thank you new beginnings and marmot for responding to me. 

The doctor really freaked me out by suggesting I use seroquel next since I”m having a hyper reaction to ssri’s. Basically the prozac. 

My questions is: how do i add back effexor after the end of October I ceased. 

Do I use he short acting pill form, and cut it up? Or do I count out beads? Is there a difference between the 2? 

I have gotten progressively worse since “working” with the psychiatrist. 

I’ve gotten so I can’t even leave my house easily. 

I was doing okay with the effexor as far as functioning, now I”m so freaked out I can’t function. 

Marmot

what happened to far is the prozac had a really negative effect on me. It makes me feel suicidal , punch my husband , and makes me feel like screaming, so I decided that’s not a good option. The effexor is sitting in 2 bottles. One with beads and one with short acting effexor in it. I don’t know what to do . The problem is when I just tried Five beads it made me hyper. I gave it a rest today . I did have a normal day today where I did a lot of normal things  I went swimming to a drs appt with my husband went to lunch visited  a friend and bought my grandson a present . I’ve been calmer today but when the prozac goes out tomorrow it’s not going to be great. I just don’t think if I overreact on it it’s smart to take it. It made me nuts on 2 mg. 

I don’t know what to do! Yesterday I was ready to go to a mental hospital. I felt that desperate. 

Hi DBNO,  you are suffering terribly and it is so difficult to think about the correct path when you are feeling so horribly anxious and hyper. I've just read through your thread again.  I would suggest re-reading the posts from all the moderators. Write their advice in point form on a piece of paper. I think they are saying you need to stop chopping and changing medications so frequently and this is contributing to the way you are feeling. You will be ok. Slow and steady wins the race! K

Irony. Today, without anything is closes to normal I’ve felt in a while. I was able to get out of the house, attend a doctors appointment with my husband, go swimming, attend lunch, visit a friend, buy a present for my grandson, talk to my daughter, and talk to my niece. (Who by the way Shares my depression problem) . Now, I feel almost normal. But I know if I go to sleep I will wake up at 3 a.m. in a panic, have to force myself out of the house, force myself to go to the pool to exercise, and go through the doubt again. By that time the one little piece of prozac will be disappearing and I’ll have to face withdrawal again. I still can’t really care about my family,  But my niece did make me almost laugh.