Downbutnotout: Started a bridge to get off effexor

Downbutnotout

I’m wondering if trazadone is effecting me adversely.  It’s now ll:36 and It’s the best I’ve felt all day. I am honestly afraid of taking the stupid little pill because I woke up so horribly last night at 2:45 a.m. Could I be having a bad reaction to this specific pill? 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Downbutnotout

• Frogie

• Littlegrandma

• Kristine

I slept yesterday. Woke up saying to myself” you’re mentally ill and nobody can help you” . I never thought of myself as really mentally ill until now. I guess raging, acting violent, and giving up was never part of my thing before. Now I’m convinced im  too sick to be helped.,this us my new normal. I’m afraid to take the beads because they’re going to put me into a big depression like they did yesterday. I guess I’ll do it. The effexor when I quit was helping the anxiety but not the depression. It had pooped out. So I guess I can’t convince myself this is a good idea? Although everyone on here says the contrary.

did anyone reinstate things that were no longer working for them? 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

15 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Thank you so much. Your story is very interesting. Yes, it makes me feel a little less alone, but this has been a horrible day. Last night was plain scary and I’m afraid of going through it again today. I am so tired to feeling hysterical and anxious. It’s been 6 months of experiencing this over and over.  Yes, thanks for the idea. 

I was in effexir our more like 20 years.,

1 hour ago, Downbutnotout said:

I slept yesterday. Woke up saying to myself” you’re mentally ill and nobody can help you” . I never thought of myself as really mentally ill until now. I guess raging, acting violent, and giving up was never part of my thing before. Now I’m convinced im  too sick to be helped.,this us my new normal. I’m afraid to take the beads because they’re going to put me into a big depression like they did yesterday. I guess I’ll do it. The effexor when I quit was helping the anxiety but not the depression. It had pooped out. So I guess I can’t convince myself this is a good idea? Although everyone on here says the contrary.

Is everyone on this site convinced that antidepressants have no therapeutic value? There is no help except therapy? It’s all a placebo effect? I am in bed because I’m depressed. Is there no medicinal help for me? 

16 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Thank you so much. Your story is very interesting. Yes, it makes me feel a little less alone, but this has been a horrible day. Last night was plain scary and I’m afraid of going through it again today. I am so tired to feeling hysterical and anxious. It’s been 6 months of experiencing this over and over.  Yes, thanks for the idea. 

Sounds like my reactions are similar to the one you describe. 

40 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

Is everyone on this site convinced that antidepressants have no therapeutic value? There is no help except therapy? It’s all a placebo effect? I am in bed because I’m depressed. Is there no medicinal help for me? 

you only updose if you’re side effects are from getting the medication out of your system? So how do I know my effects are from the medication bring out of my system or just bring depressed? I added 3 mg of Effexor back in but how do I know that’s really the problem? My effects are anxiety, horrible depression. But how do I know it’s from the effexir 6 weeks ago, the upping of trazadone or the short reinstatement if prozac which has made me insane? Jowceill I know the reinstatement of Effexor beads is going anything??

Here’s a communication from my psychiatrist after I asked her how long I had to wait before starting another drug. 

You could start the viibryd right away (the day after last dose prozac). Or you could wait a few days first before starting vibryiid. 

Hey DBNO, 

I see you oscillating back and forth between pieces of advice. Its like you hate what meds did to you, and you're still looking for a new med to reduce the pain. It seems like you aren't happy with any of the options, possibly because they all involve pain or uncertainty. You seem well informed though, so now more advice might not actually help. It might be time for you to focus, choose a path, and really trust yourself on your decision. It sometimes helps to make a 4×4 pros and cons sheet with the different options. You might need someone to hep you make the chart if have brain fog. If your chosen path then doesn't work, there's no shame, you can then try something else, but you may at least feel more powerful over your life. Those are just my thoughts though - everyone has thoughts - you are in control. 

Cheers,

Marmot

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

22 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

22 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Thank you so much. Your story is very interesting. Yes, it makes me feel a little less alone, but this has been a horrible day. L

I got super depressed today. I am so frustrated. I’m not sure I should keep up with the effexor beads. Effexor was super depressing me before. It took the anxiety away immediately. I had a horrendous episode between 2:45 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.  My husband had to give me ice, rub my head, and I was a total wreck. I wanted to jump out of my self. I don’t know what I ever did to deserve this torment. Not only am I ruining my life, I’m ruining his too. He won’t be able to keep this up. How can he? 

I’m afraid it’s going to be a repeat performance tonight. How can I keep living like this? That’s why the “doctor” wanted to take me off effexor. It had reached the saturation point. Am I harming myself by introducting these effexor beads again? Is it keeping my brain from producing its own seratonin. Am i confusing my brain? 

We managed to take a walk today. 

All I want to do is lay in bed and go to sleep. This used to be a coping mechanism, and i can’t even do this. I can’t eat. 

Now I feel like I can’t go to the hospital because they will hype me up with drugs. I can’t do ect because it’s too dangerous and probably won’t help at all. I am really feeling hopeless. 

ast night was plain scary and I’m afraid of going through it again today. I am so tired to feeling hysterical and anxious. It’s been 6 months of experiencing this over and over.  Yes, thanks for the idea. 

Oh god, I just read dr. Shipko’s interview where he said some people never get over protracted drug withdrawal and they shouldn’t go off antidepressants. It made me feel terrific. Talk about dashing hopes. I’d just like to relax. 

On 12/21/2017 at 6:49 AM, AliG said:

Hi D. I hope you don't mind if I try to address some of your concerns in no particular order. It is more of a : general building of worry as to how you are doing overall and wanting to help you through this, as I know how very hard it can be at times.

I've noticed that you tend to panic and ask questions all over the place , when in fact ~ a lot of the time , they have already been answered here on your thread.This is understandably, often a W/D symptom so is very much , understood and accepted. Definitely ~ no judgement. 

I agree and you may want to read back through your thread to gain extra clarity ~ I understand you are in the middle of cyclonic/ wave - like conditions ~ not knowing your way out ; it's understandable and a place that most of us have unfortunately found ourselves, at various times throughout this experience, but if you can be a little more succinct and clear, it will perhaps go better and then we can perhaps start to slowly resolve this situation.

You ask if 3 beads is enough ~  the reasoning for starting so low in reinstating was, that you were very much sensitized and had already had such a bad reaction to 5 beads. There has also been a length of time. From memory, you went off your head and tried to throw yourself or your husband down the steps ! 

Therefore ~ it is often best to start low and work your way up , rather than the opposite , if you can handle any reinstatement at all, which was already highly questionable ~ hence the need for starting extremely low. It was suggested to start at 1 bead. These drugs are extremely strong and even 1 - 2 beads can make a big difference. The idea was to start low and work ( titrate) your way slowly up, if necessary. It's best to find the lowest effective dose. This is usually quite low, which often goes against the doctors's view of a "therapeutic dose". 

I have been trying to support you and it's a little bit difficult to hear that you have been totally on your own ~  it would be helpful to know what others are discussing with you via Pm . We always encourage very open discussion on individual threads, as it is easier to ascertain and understand perspectives and enables all, to offer their own particular point of view. It's a much more balanced discussion and can potentially help others, versus ~ a closed discussion which can often be unhelpful.

As to ECT. ~ it seems that some members have struggled somewhat, after this treatment. I wouldn't advise it ~ it can have repercussions. If you are serious about this ~ I can come back with some discussion. Mamma P has had some negative experience with this.  

My advice would be to read around and listen to other member's stories and situations ~ there is a lot of knowledge and information on this site if you are ready to hear and process it. Sometimes it can take some time and that is understandable. In a heightened state ~ it can sometimes be hard to process.

Please read some success stories and keep reading them ... also look up Robert Whittaker : You Tube ; " Psych Drugs Harm : Part 1/ 2 ".  Also Dr Peter Breggin. He has a 7 part series.

~ Symptoms and Self - Care. As we start to come off the drugs, we need to replace the negative emotions with the more positive actions ~ taking control and giving up the victim status. It's ok ~ we have all done it at one stage or another.It seems to be a part of it.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms. Perhaps you could start to read around some of the links on this site and get an idea of how to take some of that control back .Once you start to feel that, then I'm hoping you may start to feel a little better. 

I would hold for now , and not change anything. You are after stability ... not a new drug.

How long should I I hold at 3 beads? A month ? Is my objective to go back up and back down again. How far up should I plan on going? Today I felt light headed at lunch. Went swimming, and my head settled down. But then I feel a little hyper.  I am confused and insecure about doing this. 

I don’t know how I’m going to get through this. I’m light headed. I feel physical misery’’ Maybe I need to step up the beads. How do people manage this?  How long is this going to go on? Years/ Am I doing something wrong.?  I am counting the hours till I can take my trazadone. How am i going to socially interact? I have 2 places to go this weekend. How am I going to do it?  How am I going to hide this from people. I need to hide it from my daughter, her husband, and my grandson.  I think I was better off with upping trazadone to 100 mg. I wasn’t this sick. Except for a twitching eye.  Which scared me to death, or I would’ve probably followed the psychiatrists advice in helping my “depression.” 

I keep going back to the first pill I ever took. I hesitated and the doc said, “don’t worry its not addictive.” I keep thinking of him over and over. I almost didn’t take it. I had read the book , “I’m dancing as fast as I can” where the author had taken Valium under a doctor’s order. I should’ve thought of it harder. I should’ve just said NO! 

38 minutes ago, Downbutnotout said:

I keep going back to the first pill I ever took. I hesitated and the doc said, “don’t worry its not addictive.” I keep thinking of him over and over. I almost didn’t take it. I had read the book , “I’m dancing as fast as I can” where the author had taken Valium under a doctor’s order. I should’ve thought of it harder. I should’ve just said NO! 

Hi Downbutnotout,

I understand you are going through a terrible time, and I want to encourage you if I can with a few thoughts that help me.  I try not to think about socially interacting until the day comes.  I take it minute by minute if I have to.  I try to get through this day, and maybe tomorrow will be a little better.

I heard of that book, but never read it.  I wish I had.  I remember the doctor who gave me my first Valium as if it were five minutes ago.  Today, I know I did the best I could at the time, and that's what I'm doing now--the best I can with what I know today.   I'm sure you are going to get better because you are here talking about how to recover, and there is a lot of hope here.

Alcohol periodic excessive 1963-1976, Valium sporadic 1964-1973,  Imipramine off & on 1982-1985, Fluoxetine 10mg-80 mg. Oct., 1995-Jan., 2014; Cymbalta, other ADs 1/2014-3/2014; Abilify 5 mg. 3/2014 - 8/8/17; Trintellix 20 mg. 3/2014 - 9/2017; Propranolol 60-80 mg. sporadically Sept-Oct, 2017; Seroquel few days Sept 2017 (c/t); Wellbutrin 150 mg. Sept, 2017 updosed to 300 mg. few days till c/t Oct 8, 2017, fish oil, vitD, vitE Oct 16, 2017-pres. Lipoflavonoid 4/2017-pres.  Fluoxetine 10 mg. Sept-Oct 8, 2017, 20 mg. 10/9- 10/15; 10 mg. 10/16 - 12/29;  9 mg. 12/30 - 2/9; 2 mL liquid (8.1mg) 2/10 - 3/7; 1.8 mL (7.29 mg) 3/8 -3/20; 1.6 mL (6.561mg) 3/20-4/2; 1.4 mL (5.9 mg) 4/3-4/14; 1mL (4 mg.) 4/15-4/22; .9mL (3.6mg) 4/23-5/1; .81mL (3.24 mg) 5/2-5/24; .73mL (2.916mg.) 5/25-6/8; .65mL 6/9-6/23; .6mL 6/24-7/17; .58mL 7/18-7/28; .525mL 7/29-8/13; .5 mL 8/14-21; .45mL 8/22-31; .4mL 9/2-21; .35mL 9/22-10/4; .3mL 10/5-28; .25mL 10/28-11/10; .2mL 11/11-11/24; .18mL 11/25-12/3; .1mL 12/4-12/18. Zero-12/19/18-present.

I can’t get over the people on here who are so strong to get through this. I just hope at age 67 I can get the strength From somewhere. Yes, i will keep your quote in mind, “ I take it minute by minute,  i will try to get through this day, and maybe tomorrow will be a little better. Thank you so much for answering me. I’ve been talking to myself, but I knew that’s what I would be doing. It helps. And I am quite the whiner.  Maybe I’ll start with magnesium, fish oil, and vitamin D. I’m actually afraid to get vitamins because everything is making me hyper.  I also tried proporanol a few times. It just made me depressed. Why do I keep thinking the answer will be wiith drugs when they haven’t done anything but make me sick. Although I thought effexor was he answer for many years. It wa probably the placebo effect. I bet that was it. 

17 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Hi sweetie

I'm having another one of my panic modes at 3 am, so I thought I'd pop in. Please forgive me, as in this state I have very little patience for reading, so if I say something you've already said, it's cuz I scanned as opposed to reading the new messages.

First off I'd definitely shake you and say "you're not mentally ill". Ok, we have mental issues, some that came before the meds, some that have occurred AFTER the meds. And right now, those are the issues that are predominant in you. The meds, and subsequently the withdrawal of said meds, are wreaking havoc with our brains. We can't trust ourselves, our thoughts or our actions right now. And that includes tapering off these bleeping drugs.

I'm worried about you hun. You're like a strung out hummingbird, buzzing from feeder to feeder. Bouncing around on and off these drugs will %$#@! you up even worse than you are now. Of course, I'm no doctor, and I'm only coming from my personal experience. (Which, btw, going cold turkey was a big BIG mistake and would never ever ever recommend it to even my worst enemy.)

I have no clue how long you should remain on the number of beads you're on. I know the response here is "when you feel stable", which for us is hard to tell. I personally haven't felt "stable" in decades. I would aim to be at the same level for several weeks. Let your brain rewire itself to that level and then change something. That is unless you're in immediate danger of yourself, then that's a different scenario and changing would be best. 

I'm starting to forget what I was thinking...  Depression's a [bleep]. The withdrawals from these medications make depression look like a sunny day in the Bahamas. 

Take care hun (((hugs)))

My memory is a sieve.  What I can remember:

2006- Effexor started at 75mg upped to 300mg

somewhere after 2008- Switched to Cipralex started at 5mg upped to 20mg

2017- added Wellbutrin 150mg to Cipralex 20mg

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

24 Jan. 2018 - Reinstated Cipralex 5mg

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

26 Feb. 2018 - Coversyl 4mg

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Supplements: 300mg Magnesium

Well, it’s 2 :35 a.m. and I am up with my 3 beads. I think I better change it. I can’t live like this. You’re right about depression being a  walk in the park. I was better off without the freaking beads. I took my 50 mg of trazadone  at 10:45pm but it didn’t last too long. How many years have you been trying to rewrite your brain?

I’m thinking it’s the trazadone that is lacking.  I took 100 mg for a couple of days. I might as well have gone cold turkey. 3 beads of effexor and 50 mg of trazadone are about as close to cold turkey as someone can get. 

I wish I had a doctor who knew what he heck they were doing.  I have ativan. You used it without getting addicted.? This is horrible. I don’t know how I’m going to get through the day.

Maybe the 3 beads aren’t working at all. How do I know? It’s been 6 weeks since I quit the effexor under the doctors orders. So, maybe I’m unable to reinstate?  

Where are the moderators to help me? Probably getting ready for Xmas. 

Well, it’s 2 :35 a.m. and I am up with my 3 beads. I think I better change it. I can’t live like this. You’re right about depression being a  walk in the park. I was better off without the freaking beads. I took my 50 mg of trazadone  at 10:45pm but it didn’t last too long. How many years have you been trying to rewrite your brain? I wish I had a doctor who knew what he heck they were doing.  I have ativan. You used it without getting addicted.? This is horrible. I don’t know how I’m going to get through the day. Maybe the 3 beads aren’t working at all. How do I know? It’s been 6 weeks since I quit the effexor under the doctors orders. So, maybe I’m unable to reinstate? 

I was diagnosed with major depression disorder in my teens, however, my first suicide attempt was when I was 7. I couldn't tell you how many drugs I've been on and off since then (I'm 49 now). 

I guess I was lucky. I have had 2 family doctors in my life, and neither liked prescribing Ativan. A blessing in retrospect, a curse (and oh boy did I curse) at the time. I'd only be prescribed a week to 10 days worth at a time (15 days was my max allowed). One tab a day, usually 0.5mg, I can only remember a handful of times when I was prescribed 1mg tabs. Through my teens and early 20s, my family doc let me have a prescription once a year. He even fought me a few years saying I didn't need them. I'd curse him, storm out of the appointment and leave my mom to deal with him. My current family doctor (previous one retired) is of the same mindset as my old one... "Ativan is a very strong, addictive drug only to be used in dire emergencies". So I didn't get a chance to get addicted.

I've been off drugs for 40 days now. Cold turkey. Wouldn't recommend it. My depression comes and goes. It's easier to deal with than the withdrawals. That being said, when the depression flares up, I'm an emotional wreck, cry at the drop of a hat,  and I wonder if I can get through it. So far, the answer is yes. It doesn't feel like it in the moment. But one step at a time, one hour at a time, I get through it.

My memory is a sieve.  What I can remember:

2006- Effexor started at 75mg upped to 300mg

somewhere after 2008- Switched to Cipralex started at 5mg upped to 20mg

2017- added Wellbutrin 150mg to Cipralex 20mg

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

24 Jan. 2018 - Reinstated Cipralex 5mg

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

26 Feb. 2018 - Coversyl 4mg

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Supplements: 300mg Magnesium

5 hours ago, RealMe said:

I understand you are going through a terrible time, and I want to encourage you if I can with a few thoughts that help me.  I try not to think about socially interacting until the day comes.  I take it minute by minute if I have to.  I try to get through this day, and maybe tomorrow will be a little better.

Hi DBNO, I can really relate to Realme's advice, that's what I do.  Currently my husband is at our neighbours for Christmas drinks.  I couldn't go because it's a larger crowd and I'm not feeling great.  I always decided at the last minute. Otherwise I stress out to much. K

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg, 8th April 1.48mg, 15th April 1.47mg, 22nd April 1.46mg, 29th April 1.45mg
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

• Moderator Emeritus

Exactly, Kristine.  Always protect yourself.  If you can't do it, don't.  "Normal" rules of social propriety don't apply in WD.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Administrator

Catching up with your topic, dbno, it strikes me that this is your primary problem:

17 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

I'm not saying you're mentally ill, but you believe it so strongly you are doing many things to sabotage yourself. Among them: Changing drugs and dosages frequently and denying that anything is working.

As we've explained to you, when you go on and off drugs, it can take some time for your nervous system to settle down. While this is happening, you will have waves of symptoms, including spurts of anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as windows of comparative calm.

Everything you've reported about taking 3 beads of Effexor suggests that it's doing something beneficial in taking the edge of withdrawal syndrome. You also report being able to sleep sometimes, which is a lot better than no sleep at all.

You appear to be in a cycle of expecting immediate gratification from drugs -- even though we tell you this is not going to happen -- alternating with searing self-blame and complaining of "depression", which in your mind necessitates more drugs.

You need to make a decision. Are you going to unpatient yourself or will you continue to go to doctors begging them to fix you, knowing all they can offer is more drugs?

Yes, you need a different therapist. You know that, too. If you don't want to hear you need drugs, don't go to that kind of doctor and therapist. 

You might find someone who will coach you to manage your obsessiveness and impulsivity -- if you want to unpatient yourself.

Yes, withdrawal syndrome is a torment. If you looked at other Introductions topics, you'd see that many people are experiencing the same things. I'm going to say to you what we say to everyone experiencing withdrawal syndrome: You need to take responsibility and take care of yourself, stay as calm as you can, let symptoms pass, and have the patience to heal. If you don't want to do this, or think you can do this, we probably can't help you here, we're only a peer support Web site.

By the way, if you choose to take responsibility for your healing, take the Effexor and trazodone at the same time each day, don't get random with other drugs, and keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I was having an anxiety attack, big time, for 2:a.m. until 8::a.m. My husband calmed me down by rubbing my head. I took my 3 beads. Is this enough? . Should I be having a 6 hour anxiety attack? Does that mean reinstatement is not working.? The 3 beads did seem to help a little afterwards. HELP!!!!!

6 hours ago, Altostrata said:

By the way, if you choose to take responsibility for your healing, take the Effexor and trazodone at the same time each day, don't get random with other drugs, and keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

I am doing that. When do I up the effexor? Should I have had anxiety for 6 hours? 

Thanks so much. As the medicine is leaving my system , all the things it’s covered up is coming front and center. I got fired from a volunteer job, but I lost some other jobs along the way. I’ve done some stupid things and they must have been covered up with the medication. I know several years ago, when I quit the medication a bunch of the same stuff came  up and was covered up by the medicine. I had made a new life for myself but that unraveled with making the same mistakes. I think that’s the root of my anxiety. Plus now with all these horrible withdrawal things I’ve done I have more guilt. I was trying to throw myself down the stairs, was punching and kicking, The withdrawal raging and violence is in a class by itself. I did call my therapist and said I have to get at the root of all this. But I guess I have to figure it out by myself. I know  logically I’m not really a bad person but not emotionally.  Idont want  to be taking seroquel and lithium because I want to cover stuff up. Then I have the family history of people losing it over the years. My way of coping is to get depressed . I have had more than one scary episode. But I have to say this one is pretty bad, snd has lasted the longest. I also am much more anxious. I have to say I felt physically sick at lunch. My head felt light headed. I forced myself to hi swimming and I feel better . 3 beads of Effexor and 50 mg of  trazadone doesn’t seem like much support. If it is actually a good thing? I’ve been so brainwashed to think medicine is the solution. I really thought effexor helped me over the years, but was that just the placebo effect? I wish I knew. I would really love to get off this stuff once and for all. I have the memory of those 4 months when I enjoyed food, could cry, deeply sleep , feel emotion, and felt like myself. But then it all crashed. I wish I would’ve had this site then. 

22 hours ago, Marmot said:

Hey DBNO, 

I see you oscillating back and forth between pieces of advice. Its like you hate what meds did to you, and you're still looking for a new med to reduce the pain. It seems like you aren't happy with any of the options, possibly because they all involve pain or uncertainty. You seem well informed though, so now more advice might not actually help. It might be time for you to focus, choose a path, and really trust yourself on your decision. It sometimes helps to make a 4×4 pros and cons sheet with the different options. You might need someone to hep you make the chart if have brain fog. If your chosen path then doesn't work, there's no shame, you can then try something else, but you may at least feel more powerful over your life. Those are just my thoughts though - everyone has thoughts - you are in control. 

Cheers,

Marmot

I am doing that. When do I up the effexor? Should I have had anxiety for 6 hours? 

Thanks for answering me. You’re correct of course. Put up or shut up. I’m just afraid things will never get better. If I only had that hope I could do this. 

7 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Catching up with your topic, dbno, it strikes me that this is your primary problem:

I'm not saying you're mentally ill, but you believe it so strongly you are doing many things to sabotage yourself. Among them: Changing drugs and dosages frequently and denying that anything is working.

As we've explained to you, when you go on and off drugs, it can take some time for your nervous system to settle down. While this is happening, you will have waves of symptoms, including spurts of anxiety and sleeplessness, as well as windows of comparative calm.

Everything you've reported about taking 3 beads of Effexor suggests that it's doing something beneficial in taking the edge of withdrawal syndrome. You also report being able to sleep sometimes, which is a lot better than no sleep at all.

You appear to be in a cycle of expecting immediate gratification from drugs -- even though we tell you this is not going to happen -- alternating with searing self-blame and complaining of "depression", which in your mind necessitates more drugs.

You need to make a decision. Are you going to unpatient yourself or will you continue to go to doctors begging them to fix you, knowing all they can offer is more drugs?

Yes, you need a different therapist. You know that, too. If you don't want to hear you need drugs, don't go to that kind of doctor and therapist. 

You might find someone who will coach you to manage your obsessiveness and impulsivity -- if you want to unpatient yourself.

Yes, withdrawal syndrome is a torment. If you looked at other Introductions topics, you'd see that many people are experiencing the same things. I'm going to say to you what we say to everyone experiencing withdrawal syndrome: You need to take responsibility and take care of yourself, stay as calm as you can, let symptoms pass, and have the patience to heal. If you don't want to do this, or think you can do this, we probably can't help you here, we're only a peer support Web site.

Thanks for answering me. I am just looking for a little hope. I know I have to put up or shut up.  It’s so hard for be.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

I was having an anxiety attack, big time, for 2:a.m. until 8::a.m. My husband calmed me down by rubbing my head. I took my 3 beads. Is this enough? . Should I be having a 6 hour anxiety attack? Does that mean reinstatement is not working.? The 3 beads did seem to help a little afterwards. HELP!!!!!

It appears that reinstatement is working, weakly, but because there's so much static in your reports -- since you freak out over symptoms -- it's hard to tell what's happening.

Are you keeping daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages? If you don't, I can't help you and I will not be responding to your posts.

3 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

Thanks for answering me. You’re correct of course. Put up or shut up. I’m just afraid things will never get better. If I only had that hope I could do this. 

You are the only person who can give yourself that hope. This is the challenge for all of us, to find that strength within ourselves. No amount of panicky posting on this site will provide this to you. You need to do it yourself.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

I am! I take trazadone 50 mg at 10:45 pm and effexir 3 beads at 8:30 am . I have had below par day. I’m watching movies with my grandson and having trouble concentrating. I’m scared as usual. 

• Administrator

How did you feel from about 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.?

Were difficulty concentrating and feeling scared your only symptoms when you posted an hour ago?

You have taken 3 beads of Effexor for only 6 days. We've told you it can take time to fully take effect, correct?

From 10 to 12 I felt a bit of relief from the anxiety leaving. If my dtr hadn’t called me, I wouldn’t have gotten up. I feel no feelings for anyone or anything. Not even my grandson. I told my dtr how lousy I feel. She wants me to try and not give up. I would give up anything to just feel normal for a day again. 

Yes it’s been 6 days. 

I cant handle the awful anxiety. It occurs every other night for around 5 or 6 hours....

I feel I’m  really more depressed and lower than yesterday. 

I cant really eat. I have had to force myself. I used to love to eat. That’s been since the depression started. It’s gotten worse. 

Thank you ....

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

I cant handle the awful anxiety. It occurs every other night for around 5 or 6 hours....

Is this literally true? It occurs every other night? What time does it start? Are you still taking trazodone?

Emotional anesthesia is a very common side effect of antidepressants. It can take some time to go away after you quit. Is this what you call "feeling lousy"?

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Is this literally true? It occurs every other night? What time does it start? Are you still taking trazodone?

Emotional anesthesia is a very common side effect of antidepressants. It can take some time to go away after you quit. Is this what you call "feeling lousy"?

Yes, I'm still taking trazadone, but it wears off after 2 hours. It did last night. And the night before. I've slept every other night. Before I started this cut, the trazadone would last until about 3. For about a week , I would stagger them, and take another one. In the same time, the doctor suggested I take 100 and I did this for 3 days until my eye started twitching. That scared me so I stopped. 10 days ago I attempted it again, trying to get my mood up.at this point I'm pretty desperate.  it did have a bit of a positive effect, but my eye was twitching a lot so I stopped again.  But really I'm wondering if I should've kept it going. But I'm sure would've gotten worse with the increase of medicine she  would've asked me to make. I'm sure she would've aimed for the highest dose.,

It starts when I wake up about 2 am . I have a feeling it's going to keep going. 

When i I was taking 75 mg of Effexor, I would take it after I woke up and it would take care of the anxiety , but I was depressed all day. 

what happened today when the Effexor starts wearing off about 7 or 8 pm is I start thinking about when I got fired from the volunteer job, then I start thinking about all the jobs I lost and I feel really bad and hurt and I can't stand it. That pain is real.  That's a precursor to my anxiety. I started to feel lightheaded in my forehead. 

I actually put a hot hot compress on my head and that seemed to help. 

I am really suffering a lot, and I think all the stuff the antidepressants covered is coming front and center. I've tried to deal with this stuff but somehow it's stuck. 

So so whether I need an antidepressant to suppress this stuff is what I'm questioning. It had worked several years ago. However, after reading through this site I realize they will all probably just continue giving me side effects and not help. 

So what im getting out of this is that it's hopeless. 

• Administrator

I don't understand your response to my question. Does the "awful anxiety" literally occur every other night or does it occur every night? Or does it occur occasionally?

If it's a result of your compulsive ruminations, perhaps you should take steps to stop them, for example, CBT or meditation.

I would very much appreciate a concise, direct answer to any question I ask. Getting information from you is an overly difficult process.

So what im getting out of this is that it's hopeless.

That's what you're getting out of what we tell you?

You're very close to convincing me that it's a waste of my time to respond to you. You do not seem to pay attention to my questions or my explanations. No one, particularly someone on an Internet forum site, can change the mind of someone with such fixed preconceptions.

You may be better off at PatientsLikeMe.com or depressionforums.org

Yes, acute anxiety symptoms on early waking "every other night" sounds anomalous to me, based on the scores of nights experience I suffered (years ago.)

Unless, you are taking a tranquilliser/sedative that fluctuates in dose on alternate 24-hour periods?

Just a small thing, but maybe one less to worry about.  Personally, I wouldn't ruminate much on the "twitching eye" symptom.  I had this countless times on night shifts over 40 years ago ago and, indeed, it has returned recently in withdrawal.  Possibly just due to stress and tiredness (but I am not a doctor.)  I have survived to the age of 72 so far.

"Switch channels" when you remember how upsetting the memory of losing a non-vital (to you) job has been.

Think of things getting better, rather than mulling over crap that has happened months ago - it is difficult, and many of us here know that and can relate to your ruminations.

Dismiss thoughts of toxic people in your life "they ain't worth it" as you would say in the US.

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

I don't understand your response to my question. Does the "awful anxiety" literally occur every other night or does it occur every night? Or does it occur occasionally?

If it's a result of your compulsive ruminations, perhaps you should take steps to stop them, for example, CBT or meditation.

I would very much appreciate a concise, direct answer to any question I ask. Getting information from you is an overly difficult process.

That's what you're getting out of what we tell you?

You're very close to convincing me that it's a waste of my time to respond to you. You do not seem to pay attention to my questions or my explanations. No one, particularly someone on an Internet forum site, can change the mind of someone with such fixed preconceptions.

You may be better off at PatientsLikeMe.com or depressionforums.org

I’m afraid that’s what you were going to say.  I’m sorry I said that.  I know that must be so frustrating to hear when you’re trying to help someone. I’ve really had a lot of ups and downs with medicine because I was stopped and started so abruptly. By myself and my doctor. 

The debilitating anxiety happens at least 2 hours a day. It seems to happen when the effexor beads wear off.   I was having it when I wrote my last response saying I felt so hopeless. 

So far, I’ve had really bad anxiety that kept me up for 5 hours every other night. So 3/6 days I’ve been horribly anxious and stayed up every other night. 

I have felt dizzy and think something is going on in my head, and that is scary. 

I slept  for around 6 hours and felt better this morning. Please forgive me for saying I felt hopeless. Please don’t kick me off this site or stop responding to me. I already started this process and I don’t want to be left alone with it. I want you to know how much I appreciate the effort you put into trying to help me.

I want to believe i will stabilize. And this all will work. 

I hope you have a merry Christmas. 

5 hours ago, peng said:

Yes, acute anxiety symptoms on early waking "every other night" sounds anomalous to me, based on the scores of nights experience I suffered (years ago.)

Unless, you are taking a tranquilliser/sedative that fluctuates in dose on alternate 24-hour periods?

Just a small thing, but maybe one less to worry about.  Personally, I wouldn't ruminate much on the "twitching eye" symptom.  I had this countless times on night shifts over 40 years ago ago and, indeed, it has returned recently in withdrawal.  Possibly just due to stress and tiredness (but I am not a doctor.)  I have survived to the age of 72 so far.

"Switch channels" when you remember how upsetting the memory of losing a non-vital (to you) job has been.

Think of things getting better, rather than mulling over crap that has happened months ago - it is difficult, and many of us here know that and can relate to your ruminations.

Dismiss thoughts of toxic people in your life "they ain't worth it" as you would say in the US.

The eye twitch was definitely related to the trazadone. I think I am exhausted from staying up all night, so that’s why it goes on a every other night cycle. Thanks fir answering me. I wish I could turn off worrying about the past but it’s part of the whole thing.