Rabe

Yes Kristine...how are you???   Hope the doctor was helpful and that the supplements might help...that would be SO nice!!!  Been thinking about you!♥️

Kristine

Hello beautiful people,

Thank you @Rabe, @Carmie and @Marmot for your caring messages. It has been tough lately. Tougher than usual and I have been finding it extreamly difficult to write. I feel like a portion of my brain is missing. Terrible fatigue, muscle weakness, headaches, insomnia and muscular pain continue. Now nausea is back. And yet another menstral period, which will be sending my iron deficiency into further chaos. Yesterday we finally moved home, so that is good news. I'll write a more detailed update when I'm able, however, I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you and let you know I haven't fallen off my perch. 

Thinking of you all and sending you love and hugs. K xo

Carmie
2 minutes ago, Kristine said:

Hello beautiful people,

Thank you @Rabe, @Carmie and @Marmot for your caring messages. It has been tough lately. Tougher than usual and I have been finding it extreamly difficult to write. I feel like a portion of my brain is missing. Terrible fatigue, muscle weakness, headaches, insomnia and muscular pain continue. Now nausea is back. And yet another menstral period, which will be sending my iron deficiency into further chaos. Yesterday we finally moved home, so that is good news. I'll write a more detailed update when I'm able, however, I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you and let you know I haven't fallen off my perch. 

Nice to hear from you Kristine, 

Dont worry about writing if you’re finding it difficult. Just know people on here are thinking about you. We’re glad you haven’t fallen off the perch though. 

Yep, I know all about the brain missing feeling, not fun. I love reading and there are many days I just look at the words on a page and they make no sense. Immense brain fog. 

Have you tried those wristbands for nausea? I remember someone mentioning them on this site one day. I’m not sure if it was on your thread or someone else’s. What works for one person doesn’t always work for another, but I guess anything is worth a try. 

Sending hugs🤗

Marmot
1 hour ago, Kristine said:

Hello beautiful people,

Take it easy Kristine, there's no pressure to write when you feel too unwell! Moving on it's own can be stressful even without all of the withdrawal stuff. I'm also really glad to hear that you're still on your perch. I hadn't heard that expression before, but I like it because birds are awesome. 

Rabe

Oh glad to hear you are still on your 'perch' Rosetta...I too love my birds...they remind me of when I could fly...and the hopes of getting there again.  SO glad to hear you are home!!!  Take care!!  ♥️

Daisy

I know only too much about brain fog Kristine and I really had a problem with it when I first came back here in May. Just take it easy and do not struggle. Clarity of thought will come back to you.

I have taken to writing a med schedule and other things to do on a clip board the night before. It really helps me to focus and get my thinking and morning organized. Then I practically tether the clip board to myself so I can write things down as they come to me. That way I am not turning in circles and getting nothing done. I have named this process "retraining Daisy's brain." :lol:

Daisy🌻

manymoretodays

Happy back Home- nest Kristine.  And hoping you are settling on back in nicely. 

Do prioritize the "hydrotherapy" with MIL as well. 

Hey........are you anywhere close to an "on the early side normal menopause"? 

Just thinking that might beat surgery any day.  So I'm kind of hoping you might be........as far as the endometriosis possibly coming to an improved state of being.

And oof.......all that bleeding!  Hopefully when that ceases........your body WILL replenish a bit in the hematology department.  The blood loss must have something to do with the anemia, right?  And,  I just was checking some of the iron rich foods, and think I will add raisins to my own easy toddler travel food list(in my case I'm the toddler) for frequent feedings.   I'm doing my spinach, as always,  as well as some red meat once a week or so.  And it's barbecue time as it is nearly official summer in the U.S. now.   I wish I had a complete outdoor kitchen sometimes like they used to do in days of old.  That would be kind of fun. 

Dr. Axe's site wasn't too bad.......although where did he get that name??!!!!  He should be a surgeon!  Not an internet and television doctor.

Are you of the Aussie dialect where "rooting for you" might be misconstrued?  B)  I use it in the "cheering you on" sense......I assure you.

I am cheering for you, as well as soaking up the sunshine so plentiful around here............. sending it on through the wires.

Love, peace, healing, and growth.......and many many gentle hugs,

......such an ordeal you are bravely soldiering through now.........all my very best,

mmt

And oh my.......look what I found:  https://beyondmeds.com/2013/01/08/endo-natural/

There might be something there Kristine that helps with the hormone, bleeding, endometriosis complexity.  I hope so.  Maybe you've already found this?  That's okay too.  ❤️

Edited by manymoretodays
update, link

FarmGirlWorks

Oh the brain fog and fatigue! Know those well. Good to hear you're still hanging tough and perching in an enhanced nest 🙂

Rosetta

Tons of hugs, Kristine.  I hope being home will make life easier for you.  You are so quiet, but I understand why.   I wish there were something I could do.  

All ll my love, Rosetta

Kristine

Thank you @Carmie, @Marmot, @Rabe, @Daisy, @manymoretodays, @FarmGirlWorks And @Rosetta for all your lovely messages and kind thoughts. I apologise for the late response...I have been and remain very unwell. The ongoing wd symptoms coupled with other health issues have left me completely depleted. I'm not functioning. Despite taking iron tablets for one month my iron remains very low. I may have issues absorbing this in my small intestine...I don't know. Anyway, tomorrow I am going to hospital for an iron infusion, another urterine curettage and an ablation. This is a much better option than a hysterectomy and hopefully will stop the bleeding. Not looking forward to more drugs entering my system (ie. general anaesthetic). Fingers crossed there will be no complications.

All my love and (((hugs))) K xo💖

Rabe

Kristine, I am glad they are able to do something to help with the anemia...will keep you in my prayers that all things go well.  I believe they Will. 💜

Rosetta

All my love, Kristine.  I was beginning to worry!  Thank you for checking in.  I'll be think of you tomorrow. - Rosetta

manymoretodays

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear Kristine.  ❤️

Carmie
4 hours ago, Kristine said:

Thank you @Carmie, @Marmot, @Rabe, @Daisy, @manymoretodays, @FarmGirlWorks And @Rosetta for all your lovely messages and kind thoughts. I apologise for the late response...I have been and remain very unwell. The ongoing wd symptoms coupled with other health issues have left me completely depleted. I'm not functioning. Despite taking iron tablets for one month my iron remains very low. I may have issues absorbing this in my small intestine...I don't know. Anyway, tomorrow I am going to hospital for an iron infusion, another urterine curettage and an ablation. This is a much better option than a hysterectomy and hopefully will stop the bleeding. Not looking forward to more drugs entering my system (ie. general anaesthetic). Fingers crossed there will be no complications.

All my love and (((hugs))) K xo💖

Hi Kristine, 

Lovely to hear from you. I was wondering how you were doing. I’m sorry you’re still really unwell. Hope all goes well at the hospital, and you don’t have to have a hysterectomy. A friend of mine is in the hospital at the moment, she had a hysterectomy and she’s so happy that the severe pain she was in has gone.

How are you enjoying the Aussie weather at the moment?  We don’t get a lot of a winter up here where I live but it’s a little cool at the moment and I enjoy sitting in front of the heater, there is a real comfort factor in the warm and glow of the heater when you’re not well. A nice cup of tea is well is pleasant. Coles has a really lovely tea called Bengal Spice, it’s got that real winter warmer feel about it. 

Stay cozy and let us know how you get on at the hospital. If I’m well enough I’m hoping to visit my friend in the hospital tomorrow. 

Sending hugs🤗

FarmGirlWorks

I hope you find out some more info tomorrow. Thinking of you...

wantrelief

I am thinking about you, Kristine.  I hope you get some relief with the iron infusion and that everything goes smoothly with the procedure today.  Much love and lots of hugs - WR.

Altostrata

Thinking of you, Kristine. Heal well.

Kristine

Dearest @Rabe, @Rosetta, @manymoretodays, @Carmie, @FarmGirlWorks, @wantrelief And @Altostrata thank you for all you kind and caring messages of support. Everything ran as smoothly as I could have hoped for at hospital yesterday. Now I just need to recover from this procedure. The anaesthetic has knocked me around a bit but I'm okay. I think the iron infusion has helped but it's a little difficult to assess this at the moment. 

Thinking of and sending my love love to you all. (((Hugs))) K xo

wantrelief

Thank you for updating us and letting us know you are ok, Kristine.  It sounds hopeful that you might already be able to tell the iron infusion is helping, I will keep my fingers crossed that it is.  I am, as always, in awe of your strength and courage.  Much love - WR. 💗

Marmot

So glad to hear that it went smoothly Kristine. Hugs.

RealMe

Hi Kristine,

Hope you are feeling better.  Sending you lots of hope and healing thoughts!

xo RM

Altostrata

Good to hear, Kristine. You know we're all rooting for you.

Rosetta

All my love, R

Rabe

SO happy to hear, Kristine!!  Hugs and prayers!!💜

Survivor1

You are going through a lot, and are very courageous. I wish you well in healing.  Best.

Rosetta

Hi Kristine

Thinking of you.  (I think your mailbox is full.  You can't get messages.) - R

Rabe

Me too Kristine...been keeping you in prayers!! 💜

Kristine

From the bottom of my heart...thank you @wantrelief, @Marmot, @RealMe, @Altostrata, @Rosetta, @Rabe And @Survivor1 for all your beautiful messages...I feel truly blessed to have such amazing support from you all...especially when I have been unable to write on all of your threads...hopefully I'll be well enough in the not too distant future to start writing messages of support to you all soon 💖

@Rosetta, thank you for letting me know my mailbox was full 😊 I've cleared it out a little, it should be good to go 😉

Update: I'll make this short cause it ain't great. Two days after my endometrial ablation procedure I developed a UTI with high fever, chills, sweating and high pulse rate. Unfortunately, I had to take an antibiotic (cephalexin)...today is the last day taking them. I think the antibiotics made my nausea worse but it's hard to say. Anyway, the UTI has resolved. I'm still suffering from debilitating fatigue, very low mood, brain fog, headaches, migraines, nausea, bouts of vertigo and insomnia. The two symptoms that have improved are the muscle weakness and the constant head and ear pressure I was experiencing. So there are some blessings amongst this pile of muck. 

As always...the biggest of hugs and love to you all. K xo

Carmie

Hi Kristine, 

Im sorry to hear you ended up with a UTI and the antibiotics made the nausea worse. I hope the nausea settles a bit soon. You may already know about this and may have used it but someone on here mentioned the sea bands a while ago. They are wristbands that push on an acupressure point that helps with nausea.

What works for one person doesn’t always work for another though, I wonder if it’s worth a try?

Sending hugs🤗

Kristine

Thank you @Carmie for your kind message. Yes, I do have sea bands. In fact I'm wearing them now! They do help a little with the nausea. I'm also sipping ginger beer and have peppermint oil in my diffuser, both of which are helping a little. Thankfully I have just taken my last antibiotic tablet, so fingers crossed tomorrow is a little less blah 😖 Much Love to you. K xo

Rosetta

How I wish you were doing better than that, dear Kristine, but if the muscle weakness is better that means your iron is better!  Do not feel bad about being unable to write on our threads.  We all understand completely.  Get well! Love, R

wantrelief

I am so sorry for everything you are going through....you are so very brave, Kristine.  I am glad you have found some things to help with the nausea - hopefully that will pass now that you are done with the antibiotics.  As Rosetta said, we all understand your not being able to write on our threads -  just focus on what you need to do to get better.  Thinking about you, as always.  Much love - WR.

RealMe

Thinking about you and sending positive vibes and hugs for healing, Kristine.  Thank you for updating us on how you are doing because you are always in our thoughts.  I admire your generous spirit to be thinking of us while you are going through so much.  Don't worry about not being able to write as often.  Please just concentrate on getting well.

xo RM

Rabe

Yes....grateful to hear you got through the bumps in the road!  And DO take care of yourself. We'll be here when you feel better...and think about you daily!!!!HUGS!!!💜

DMV64

Hi Kristine. I am sorry you are going through it. Checking in on you. How are you today?? ❤️

Kristine

Thank you so very much @Rosetta, @wantrelief, @RealMe, @Rabe And @DMV64 for all your kind and caring messages. To be honest your messages have been helping me through a seemingly endless wave which has been made much worse by physical illness. The UTI which I thought had resolved has unfortunately spread to my kidneys. Insert swear word here [.....] My days and nights are challenging. I'm extremely emotionally labile and I've been having days of SI which I thought I had left behind. Anyway, after the roughest of days when I'm drowning in tar soaked quicksand it always improves...no matter how hopeless it all seems at the time of deep turmoil. 

To all of you...sending all my love. K 💖 xo