David182: hello all

RachelSusan
5 hours ago, David182 said:

May your journey continue to be steady! 

Thank you so much and the same to you.

RS

David182

Hey all, it’s been a while.

Not too much has been happening here. Just keeping on and trying to keep the day-to-day routine consistent.

Last Sunday I enjoyed the weather and did some landscaping. I was out in the sun for a good 4-6 hours. It felt amazing but I believe it was too much.

As this week has gone on I’ve been having sleep issues, slightly anxious, oily skin, thirstier than normal,  a feeling of being revved up and feeling warm (like the room is too warm but I know it’s just me). 

I think all that sun light may have increased my serotonin level a bit much as this is a bit similar to what I felt when I upped my dose years ago.

i’m still keeping to a four week hold at each dose before dropping 10%. I’ve also increased my physical activity a little this last week or two (leg and abdomen exercises but brief and only body weight). I’m feeling stronger but I’m trying to be careful.

It can be upsetting that something as little as too much sunlight can effect us so much. I’m trying to look at it as temporary (which it is) & keeping a moto I heard in the news the other day “adapt and overcome.”

I’m not sure there’s much I can do but take it easy & I have a decrease next week so that may help but I wanted to share this as a caution for others.

I hope you all are well, are making progress or at least just keeping on.  One day at a time.

Carmie

Hi David, 

Thanks for updating. I’m glad you’re still going slow and steady with your tapering. Yes, one day at a time is certainly the motto to go by, and sometimes an hour at a time, or a minute at a time. We will get there in the end!

Sending hugs🤗

RachelSusan

Hi Dave,

Thanks for keeping us updated.  Overall it sounds like you are doing much better.  Sorry to hear about the setback, but it sounds like it is indeed only temporary. I like the moto “adapt and overcome.”

David182

@Carmie

@RachelSusan

Thank you both for the encouragement and saying hey. Hugs right back to you : )

How are you each doing in your journey?

(My reply has taken a while as I couldn't post anything to my page__technical difficulties)

David182

With my setback last week, I wasn’t doing the best. My theory seems to have been valid (increased serotonin from prolonged sun exposure) because I decreased my Zoloft dose slightly earlier than scheduled (1st time I’ve done so early) and I am feeling better.

i also broke down and took half of one tablet of Dramamine (recommended dose is one to two tablets for an adult) so I could have some decent sleep. I was having bad concentration problems from so much lack of sleep last week in my setback.

it’s all working well. I will decrease to a quarter tablet of dramanine before long and then go off.

i know the Dramamine is helping me sleep but I also haven’t felt this good in a long time. I’m surprised how good this week has been dispite some concentration issues (feels like my brain is ADHD a bit). The decrease in Zoloft maybe helping as well but I think the antihistamine aspect is doing something extra..maybe.

I’ve read on this forum about theories involving histamine issues being a culprit in our  suffering with sensitive nervous systems, not the only thing but a factor.

I don’t know. Just thinking. I know this likely won’t last long but I’m going to try and enjoy it while I can. : )

Take care, keep fighting the good fight, we are one day closer to full healing, one day at a time.

David182

Hey all, it’s been a while. Not too much going on here. I’m taking 1/4 tablet of Dramamine at night because it helps me so much the next day (I don’t feel as weak or turbulent inside, not sure how else to describe it.)

i tried stopping Dramamine for a few days but it was quite a change and not for the better.

For as small of a dose as it is I don’t think it’s a big deal to keep using it for now.

I’ve been really spacey lately, making dumb mistakes disputes my best efforts. I don’t think it’s related to the Dramamine.

My physical strength is better, so that’s nice. I’m still very cautious to not overdo it in the physical exertion dept.

i hate making mistakes and the feeling like  I’m a brain space cadet. This is how I was before Zoloft though, which was tamed once I was on Zoloft.

I’m sleeping better for now.

I’m also feeling emotions a bit more, good and bad. I have heard that I seem a bit more “with it”, which I take to mean more present. I certainly don’t feel with it but it’s promising to hear that.

There will be ups and downs.

Hopefully I can find some ways to focus my mind that really work.

I hope the journey is going well for you my friends. One day at a time.

Altostrata

That sounds pretty good, David. Where is your drug dosing schedule now?

David182

Hi @Altostrata,

I'm currently at 1.33ml.

This lack of focus thing is very frustrating but I am doing much better physically than I was and I am grateful for that, absolutely. Yeah, I’ve come a long way. I need to remember that.

I’m trying to get a game plan together.

My mental focus is one of the main things I’m concerned about with getting off of Zoloft. I’ve always been kind of spacey and it seems to run in the family. Zoloft helped big time.

As much Hell has it had eventually caused me, I can not deny how effective it was when all was well. Yet, I don’t want to be dependent on it anymore so onward I shall go in tapering.

Altostrata

1.33mL is how much in milligrams? That's more useful for us, everybody is using different liquids.

When was your last decrease, and how much was it?

Good to hear sleep is better, that counts for a lot. Are you sleeping without Dramamine?

David182

@Altostrata

Oh I see, that is 26.57mg.

last decrease was 6-1-19 & I took only 10% off per the schedule plan. 2.95 mg off of 29.52mg.

i can sleep without the Dramamine. I just take it because it helps me feel better all around and it’s only 1/4 of one tablet.

Carmie

Hi David, 

Nice to hear that some things have improved.💚

RachelSusan

Hi David,

It's good to get an update from you.  I'm glad to hear that you have had some improvement. 

Rachel

David182

@Carmie @RachelSusan

Hi! Thank you for saying hey!

Yeah, getting there. I just need to get my mental focus in order it’s kind of bad at the moment I’m not sure how I’m...oh look a squirrel!

; )

Might as well try to laugh in the mean time 👍🏻

RachelSusan

LOL. Good to see you are trying to maintain a sense of humor.

David182

Hey all!

How’s the journey going?

Not too bad here. Regained my focus after a week or two from my last post. It’s hit and miss. 

I’ve been sleeping well. As a matter of fact I’ve actually swung a bit to the other side being really sleepy and having a hard time being “with it.” Might be time to up my exercise and somehow get more sunlight (I work a slightly odd-hour shift).

I’m not sure if this is a result of me returning more to my baseline functioning (pre-Zoloft) or a new symptom of discontinuation (being so sleepy and not being very mentally alert). It’s probably a combination of the two. 

I’m not struggling with strong anxiety but as I’m getting lower in my dose (I’m just less than half of what my long-term dose was) I’m certainly feeling emotions/sensations more vividly both good and bad.

One day at a time.

David182

8/18/19

This is my second month at the same dose (1.20ml) of Zoloft. The third week of this 2nd month(just finishing) is being a bit rough. 

I decided to stay at the dose as I started to feel down (depressed) and have had focus issues. The last few days I’ve felt with what feels like dizziness but not quite (light headed perhaps), I also occasionally get a feeling of ice beneath my skin/in my veins, weak, malaise.

This reminds me of when I dropped my dose from 75mg to 25mg way back when at Dr. Carole’s instruction. Back then salt helped. I’m not sure it’s helping now. Feels like something is out of whack. (Electrolytes, calcium? Idk) Food and water make it worse. The longer I go without, typically the better I feel. 

I know this won’t last but it still isn’t pleasant. I haven’t stayed at a dose longer than 4 weeks since I’ve started tapering (start of this year) so it is something different for my body.

It seemed to have started when I began eating blueberries this week. It seems like a silly connection but the only thing different I’ve done. Probably more likely just another part of healing. Idk

David182

8/21/19

Magnesium helps a bit. I think this turn probably has much to do with remaining at the same dose for longer than a month.

My brain/body may well be repairing in a new way with this extended stability at the same dose.

Not the worst but certainly not fun lately but getting through.

David182

Yesterday was just an all around bad day. Made more mistakes than not, both big and small. Felt keyed up and irritable all day. 

Haven't been sleeping as well. I routinely wake up after four or five hours of sleep. Taking magnesium and almond milk helps put me back to sleep. 

I’m around the equivalent of 23.??mg of Zoloft. I’ve been holding there the past few months. I’m very seriously considering stopping my taper.

I’ve always had problems with being absent minded. From what I can tell it seems hereditary. I just found out not long ago my father was diagnosed with ADD and dyslexia as a child. I was never diagnosed with such but my sister was for ADD.

Depression runs in both sides of my family. As much as I don’t want to be on medicine, I HATE feeling like I have no control over my mind. No matter how hard I try, my mind is so absent.

I’m hoping this will pass and that I won’t have to up-dose. If I do then, I’ll go to the 25mg equivalent (which is less than 10%).

Yesterday was such a bad day in terms of mental performance. I’d rather be on medicine than lost in brain fog / absent minded.

David182

Today was much better. Had more energy, get more “with it.” Better outlook on things, better mood, better thinking.

A friend and I hung out last night. Maybe that did it? I also took double magnesium dose age before I went to bed and slept well.

I’m still not 100% with the thinking but it’s better. Could be a new wave of relief in my healing as well.

Edited by ChessieCat
resized font