SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

JustCallMeJane: introduction

JustCallMeJane

Hello all,

Long time user of antidepressants, on and off from age of 7. Officially diagnosed MDD, PTSD; non-official (personal belief) BPD.

Started last "round" of antidepressants 12 years ago, haven't been off since. I was put on Effexor 75mg, working up to 300mg. It stopped working after a few years and was switched to Cipralex. Started that at 5mg, worked up to 20mg, then began the "wanting to be off" stage a few years ago. Tapered it slowly back down to 5mg, before having a suicide attempt, putting me right back solid on meds, back up to 20 mg.

Early spring of this year, meds stopped working again and asked for something to help boost the original benefits I felt. Was put on Wellbutrin as an accompanying drug to the Cipralex. Had been on Cipralex 20mg and Wellbutrin 150mg since. That is until end of October, early November when suicidal ideation became extreme and I was having acid reflux almost 24/7. Typically I get AR on nights when I have eaten too much, and 4 extra strength Gaviscon is enough to get rid of symptoms. For almost a week I was eating 25-30 tablets of Gaviscon daily, plus Zantac 150mg twice daily with no relief.

I made an emergency appointment to get 2 weeks worth of Ativan, 0.5mg sublingual. In the past, the Ativan calmed me, however this time it didn't even have any effect. The AR continued, blood pressure had risen drastically to 185/94, and anxiety was at an all-time high. A week after starting the Ativan, I had missed a few days of meds, from lack of sleep, brain being foggy, or absentmindedness, I'm unsure, but those first missed doses were unintentional. Having had no adverse reaction from missing these doses, I stupidly decided not to restart the meds. 

For the remainder of November, with the exception of being easily weepy, I had no withdrawal symptoms. Sleep patterns were the same. Eating patterns remained highly carb influenced, but stable, as well as the suicidal ideations began to lessen. Also, the AR had disappeared as quickly as it had appeared.

Then, about 10 days ago, all that changed. I will do my best to explain my symptoms:

• agitation, easily fly off the handle for no apparent reason
  • brain zaps, brain fog, lack of concentration (this post has taken a LONG time to write)
  • blood boiling, skin crawling, jitteriness, "wired for sound" feeling
  • shivering cold, shaking/trembling then suddenly the opposite, where I feel I need to remove all articles of clothing (and peel off skin) to cool down
  • mid sleep (3-4am) waking in pure anxiety, fight or flight response, needing to get up and walk around
  • extreme fatigue
  • RLS, day or night

For me, the worst symptoms are the brain zaps, jitteriness, shivering feelings. I wish I could explain it and will have to somehow do so in my appointment with my doctor next week, but it's almost as if I'm on fire from the inside. Not hot, perse, but electrical sensation, while being frozen ... I'm sitting here, in a house whose furnace is set to 70f (21c), with a ceramic furnace directly in front of me set to 74f (23c), slippers and house robe on, and I'm shivering, yet my veins feel like the blood is boiling inside. My heart is pounding and feels like it skips a beat. My senses feel heightened, almost in a paranoid sense, sort of the same way I've felt in the past on very little sleep.

I have no other symptoms, no headaches, eye sensitivity, back pains, no pains at all. My symptoms seem to be internal sensations.

Hopefully, this makes sense to someone here. I know my doctor, along with several I've seen over the years, do not understand mental issues and trying to describe internal sensations to someone like that is nearly impossible.

Edited by JustCallMeJane
added tags

My memory is a sieve.  What I can remember:

2006- Effexor started at 75mg upped to 300mg

somewhere after 2008- Switched to Cipralex started at 5mg upped to 20mg

2017- added Wellbutrin 150mg to Cipralex 20mg

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

24 Jan. 2018 - Reinstated Cipralex 5mg

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

26 Feb. 2018 - Coversyl 4mg

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

Supplements: 300mg Magnesium

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JustCallMeJane

• Kristine

• Frogie

• Gridley

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my post hasn't been approved yet, so I'm basically talking to myself, but it's happening right now.

Ever had that feeling where you just are so panicky you feel you need to yell for help? Yeah, that's me right now. Jittery. Panicky. Heart palpating. Oh, and I'm still shivering and freezing cold.

occasional use of Ativan 0.5mg sublingual, usually given 7-10 tabs  -- (last used Nov 2017 ... previous? my mom's death probably? 2013)

Cold turkey Nov 13, 2017 (used Ativan once a day when it was unbearable until Rx finished)

31 Jan. 2018 - started Cetirizine Hydrochloride for severe allergies due to tattoo --- stopped 24 Feb. 2018

Currently: 5mg Cipralex , 16mg Serc (for Meniere's), 4mg Coversyl (high blood pressure)

• Administrator

Welcome, Jane.

You are probably aware you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from going off Cipralex, Wellbutrin, and possibly Ativan too fast.

With regular use, it doesn't take very long for someone to become physiologically dependent on Ativan.

It sounds like your Cipralex and Wellbutrin intake became irregular in early November, is that correct? Do you have any Cipralex left?

Is it difficult for you to get an Ativan prescription?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Jane.

You are probably aware you are experiencing withdrawal symptoms from going off Cipralex, Wellbutrin, and possibly Ativan too fast.

With regular use, it doesn't take very long for someone to become physiologically dependent on Ativan.

It sounds like your Cipralex and Wellbutrin intake became irregular in early November, is that correct? Do you have any Cipralex left?

Is it difficult for you to get an Ativan prescription?

Hi Alto,

Unfortunately yes, I am quite aware that this is withdrawal symptoms, even though the medical profession seems to think otherwise. I've never taken Ativan longer than 2 weeks at a time, as doctors don't like prescribing it due to it' dependency issues --- ironic, eh? I'd say on average, I used to get it in my teens every year, my twenties and thirties probably every two or three years, and my forties I've only been prescribed it 3 times.

If I had to guess, Wellbutrin didn't work for me, and perhaps even worked against the Cipralex. I have 20mg tabs, but there's no way in you know where I'd take that amount at this point. I see my doctor next week, at which point I thought I'd ask him to prescribe 5mg tabs, and hope for some more Ativan, in 1mg tabs.

• Administrator

It is possible to become dependent on Ativan in 2 weeks. If your system had been sensitized already from going on and off drugs, reactions to other psychiatric drugs can be outsized.

Rather than reinstate both drugs, if I were you, I would try a very small amount of Cipralex first, perhaps 1mg. As I said, your system might be sensitized to anything near a normal dosage. I would keep the Ativan prescription just in case.

See

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Check to see if you can get liquid escilatopram, this makes taking a small trial dose a lot easier.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thanks for your response, Alto. I'd actually had only taken the Ativan for 5-6 days before stopping the Cipralex & Wellbutrin. The Cipralex 20mg has been my dosage for several years now, no change up or down. The Wellbutrin 150mg was added at the end of June, no change up or down until I missed the 2 days of both meds. 

I didn't know that there was a liquid version. I figured I'd have to reintroduce it at 5mg. I'm not even sure if I can get it here in Canada, but will definitely look into it, thanks. I wouldn't have thought taking both the Cipralex and Ativan again would be an issue, it's amazing how these drugs can bugger up our systems.

If I can get rid of the zaps, jitters, and shivers I'd be thrilled!

I had a decent sleep last night, although, again around 3am I woke up. However, this morning it wasn't the "omg i gotta get up, i'm on fire" feeling, but the restless leg twitching. Luckily I was able to get back to sleep within 30-45 minutes, which is an improvement. Throughout the day I had a slight headache, but the jitteriness was a lot less than the last few days. The shivers, on the other hand, were still rough today. They didn't last as long, but that might have been because I was in my car, heat on hi (31c/88f), with my seat heater on, winter coat, hat, and gloves on.

While I was out, I checked with my pharmacist. Canada cannot get liquid Cipralex, and in fact, there isn't even a 5mg tab anymore. I also bought some fish oil and vitamin e. I took my first dose about an hour ago.

Info on the fish oil: 

Omega-3 Fatty Acids 1,500 mg
    Providing:
    Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 750 mg
    Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 500 mg

Serving: 1 teaspoon (5.7 mL) daily

Info on vitamin e:

Natural Vitamin E 400 IU/268 mg AT

(d-alpha tocopherol acetetate)

Hopefully, this is the right stuff. Anyway, that was my day... oh and about 3 or 4 episodes of screaming/ranting/yelling and crying. All of which I logically know were overreactions to something that wouldn't normally have even made me flinch, but oh yay, mom's on no meds, she's gonna blow!

44 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

All of which I logically know were overreactions to something that wouldn't normally have even made me flinch

Hey Jane,

Ya withdrawal can do that to us. Welcome to SA, I'm also new here and I don't give advice, but I came off Cipralex last year, so I have a sense of what it can be like. Did you end up reinstating any, or just the supplements?

Cheers,

Marmot

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

Hi Marmot,

Only pills I have in the house are 20mg tabs, and I'm not reinstating at that level. I see my doctor next week, so I'm just trying the supplements until then. God willing I won't have to reinstate at all, but it all depends on how bad these symptoms continue.

Thanks for the pop in. GL on your journey!

Pretty decent sleep last night. Took Melatonin by oral spray, odd yet it worked. Got through the night without any night terrors or panic attacks, just a few RLS moments. Woke up with no fog, little to no jitteriness today.

It's now 3pm and I'm just now getting edgy and the shivers are starting up.

Hi Jane. What are the 20 mg tablets that you have? Is it the Cipralex? The supplements won't help withdrawal ~ have you read the link on reinstating? What are your thoughts?

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Ali, 

The 20mg tabs are Cipralex. I will be seeing my doctor next week, as I'm not about to reinstate at that high a dose, especially after being off 4 weeks. 

As for the supplements, I read Alto's post :

Conflicting information on this site, I guess. Not surprised really, seeing that the medical/psychiatric community can't agree on anything either.

Hi Jane . If you do reinstate we recommend starting very low ~ as in perhaps 1 mg to start with.

I misunderstood ~ my mistake. I  thought you were taking certain other supplements. There is no conflicting information ~ we do recommend Magnesium and Omega- 3 fatty acids ( fish oil) and find that they help. Sorry for any confusion.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

On 12/15/2017 at 9:08 PM, Altostrata said:

Rather than reinstate both drugs, if I were you, I would try a very small amount of Cipralex first, perhaps 1mg. As I said, your system might be sensitized to anything near a normal dosage. I would keep the Ativan prescription just in case.

See

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Tips for tapering off Lexapro (escitalopram)

Check to see if you can get liquid escilatopram, this makes taking a small trial dose a lot easier.

20 hours ago, JustCallMeJane said:

While I was out, I checked with my pharmacist. Canada cannot get liquid Cipralex, and in fact, there isn't even a 5mg tab anymore. I also bought some fish oil and vitamin e. I took my first dose about an hour ago.

As I responded to Alto, there's no liquid form, no 5mg tabs, nothing smaller than 10mg tabs. So I'm stuck with 10mg or 20mg tabs that I can either cut up, grind up, dissolve in water, basically taking a wild guess at what 1mg would be.

I was stupid enough to quit cold turkey 4 weeks ago, I'm not about to muck about with "guessing" dosages. And quite honestly,  I'm not sure I'd even consider reinstating when, as my latest posts have mentioned, the withdrawals have been lessening.

"it's almost as if I'm on fire from the inside. Not hot, perse, but electrical sensation, while being frozen"

I have exactly that. My body signals it's hot (in a very hot day for example, the body needs to cool down) but I feel very cold, despite being umconfortable with the heat at the same time. I also feel like there's pepper all over my skin.

December 2012 to October 2015: Escitalopram
    January 2015 (I think) to October 2015: Nortriptyline (Pamelor)
    October 2015 to January 2016: Sertraline (stopped it cold turkey)
    April 2016: Aripiprazole (Aristab)
    May 2016 to July 2016: Sertraline
    July 2016 to January 2017: Pristiq 50 mg
    January 2017 to March 2017: tapering off of Pristiq by cutting the pills.

Supplements: used magnesium chloride, b12. Sensitivity to it in my nervous system.
    December 2019: Mirtazapine 4.5mg and stopped at almost zero.

Used to take Spironolactone 200 mg and estradiol 4 mg pills regularly until beggining of 2020. Estradiol gel on Sep. and Oct. of 2020 and was having collateral effect in my nervous system. First half of 2020: Symbicort (corticosteroid)

19 December 2020: Mirtazapine 2mg

21 December 2020: Mirtazapine 1.75mg

Pepper making you itchy, or just something on your skin kinda sensation?  I get the ants crawling on me feeling, but not often, thank God!  But that fire sensation, wow, kinda makes you want to rip your skin off... or is that just me?  :P

Thanks for the pop by. It's nice to know we're not alone in this.

39 minutes ago, JustCallMeJane said:

Pepper making you itchy, or just something on your skin kinda sensation?  I get the ants crawling on me feeling, but not often, thank God!  But that fire sensation, wow, kinda makes you want to rip your skin off... or is that just me?  :P

Thanks for the pop by. It's nice to know we're not alone in this.

It's more than one sensation at the same time, a sense of umconfortable "anxiety" through the body, electrical, burning sensations crawling in my skin.

December 2012 to October 2015: Escitalopram
    January 2015 (I think) to October 2015: Nortriptyline (Pamelor)
    October 2015 to January 2016: Sertraline (stopped it cold turkey)
    April 2016: Aripiprazole (Aristab)
    May 2016 to July 2016: Sertraline
    July 2016 to January 2017: Pristiq 50 mg
    January 2017 to March 2017: tapering off of Pristiq by cutting the pills.

Supplements: used magnesium chloride, b12. Sensitivity to it in my nervous system.
    December 2019: Mirtazapine 4.5mg and stopped at almost zero.

Used to take Spironolactone 200 mg and estradiol 4 mg pills regularly until beggining of 2020. Estradiol gel on Sep. and Oct. of 2020 and was having collateral effect in my nervous system. First half of 2020: Symbicort (corticosteroid)

19 December 2020: Mirtazapine 2mg

21 December 2020: Mirtazapine 1.75mg

4 minutes ago, malu said:

It's more the one sensation at the same time, a sense of umconfortable "anxiety" through the body, electrical, burning sensations crawling in my skin.

Yep, been there done that... no fun at all. And trying to explain it to someone who has never felt that way is near impossible!

On 12/15/2017 at 2:49 PM, JustCallMeJane said:

I know my post hasn't been approved yet, so I'm basically talking to myself, but it's happening right now.

Ever had that feeling where you just are so panicky you feel you need to yell for help? Yeah, that's me right now. Jittery. Panicky. Heart palpating. Oh, and I'm still shivering and freezing cold.

I'm just anxious. Yes, I've been yelling a lot too. You sound like you're suffering more and I hope someone comes up with something to help both of us soon. Although my solution isn't going to be in miracle pills. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Hi hun, yeah it's a bugger trying to figure out how to get around these withdrawal symptoms. Mine had lessened throughout the day, but have started up again this evening.

I'm not sure if it's stress due to my son & his gf being home from university, or the fact that I just had a chocolate bar. It could be a caffeine thing, I'm hoping, but my pulse is throbbing in my ears and I'm feeling edgy and blood boiling feeling again. FUN!

20 hours ago, JustCallMeJane said:

I'm not sure if it's stress due to my son & his gf being home from university, or the fact that I just had a chocolate bar. It could be a caffeine thing, I'm hoping, but my pulse is throbbing in my ears and I'm feeling edgy and blood boiling feeling again. FUN!

Sounds stressful :wacko:.  Does chocolate normally worsen your mood? I'm also trying to figure out if sweets make me feel awful, or if I eat them because I feel awful, then mix up cause and effect afterwards. Either way, I assume both are true, and try to stay away from them. I hope today is going a little better for you!

2004: Clonazepam and Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate and Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then ketamine. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg, then down by around 10% per month. Aug 2020: 0

Working hard to take my life back. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

Typically chocolate, caffeine & sugars do not affect me mood-wise. However, I am diabetic and know that sweets can cause me to crash and sleep. Prior to going cold turkey, I was drinking caffeine like there was no tomorrow and feeling no effects from it, either good or bad. Now if I have a coffee, I'm bouncing off walls.

I'm an idiot, and even though I know better with my diabetes, I had another chocolate or two today (Christmas sweets, deadly to a chocoholic ;)). No effect at all this time, so hubby was probably right... stress due to the son being home.

Well, today I woke with a massive headache. Not fun. I feel foggy, almost zombiesque. My concentration level is at best 50%.

Trying my best to stay away from coffee/espresso, but I've only been awake 2 hours and I'm ready for bed. No time though, as my son needs a drive downtown, I still have wrapping to do, and his friends are coming over tonight.

I had to take one of my Serc, for Meniere's, as my dizzies starting this morning. I hear/read a lot of people experience dizzies and tinnitus as withdrawal symptoms. Unfortunately, having been diagnosed with Meniere's I can't differentiate whether it's the MD or the WD.

I guess this is considered a wave. All I need now is a surfboard. :)

It can't be all that bad, my sarcasm is at 100% capacity.

You sound worse than me, and I feel horrible. All I can say is you have my sympathy. Aren’t these doctors so nice to have us feel so much better. It’s great. I just have anxiety up the kazoo, am  dizzy and irritable. I’m on 3 beads of effexor and 50 mg of trazadone. I fooled around with my medications, and kept trying different things. The psychiatrist in an attempt to make me feel better in the last 6 months tried me on a bunch of stuff. The last 10 day trial  of buspar which she’d pushed me to try the whole time made me totally manic and crazy. Now she’d like me to try seroquel. Not to mention the ativan I tried for a couple of weeks. I’d love to have one now, but my judgement says no.  Still craving it though. I thought I’d try this method instead. But I keep having this irrational thought that maybe I should just try another antidepressant to cure me. 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

5 hours ago, Downbutnotout said:

You sound worse than me, and I feel horrible. All I can say is you have my sympathy. Aren’t these doctors so nice to have us feel so much better. It’s great. I just have anxiety up the kazoo, am  dizzy and irritable. I’m on 3 beads of effexor and 50 mg of trazadone. I fooled around with my medications, and kept trying different things. The psychiatrist in an attempt to make me feel better in the last 6 months tried me on a bunch of stuff. The last 10 day trial  of buspar which she’d pushed me to try the whole time made me totally manic and crazy. Now she’d like me to try seroquel. Not to mention the ativan I tried for a couple of weeks. I’d love to have one now, but my judgement says no.  Still craving it though. I thought I’d try this method instead. But I keep having this irrational thought that maybe I should just try another antidepressant to cure me. 

Hi hun! I am a stubborn @$$. I refuse to budge. Granted I have no easy way to get a small dosage of Cipralex, but even if I did, I wouldn't take it. My symptoms when they are in full swing are nasty. When they are in a lull, although I wouldn't consider myself "normal", I'm almost back to being where I was a year ago on just Cipralex and nothing else. The only difference with the lull (or window) and a year ago is that I'm easy to cry in the lull. Then again, I've always been a crier. Hell, I'd cry at Kleenex commercials when I was a teen :huh: :rolleyes:

I hear ya about wanting another drug to cure me. I guess this is where being a stubborn @$$ comes in handy. 

Well as you can tell by my posting time, it's 3 am, and I'm in another fun-filled panic mode. I don't even know if it'd be considered panic. I got super hot under all my blankets, and the blood boiling feeling remained even after my extremities became frozen. Currently, I'm typing with tingly frozen fingers, shivers and yet want to rip my skin off cuz I feel hot.

My son and I have had a few rounds of nasty words with each other, which of course sent me into a full-blown depression, self-loathing, hatred few days. I'm sure my poor husband is thinking "hey, I didn't buy a ticket for this ride, let me off!"

I saw my doctor on Thursday. I was shocked and elated that my blood sugars A1C was 5.2. I've gained so much weight in the past 9 months I was sure that number would be almost double! Aside from a slightly elevated LDL, all my blood work came back awesome... yay, gold star for me!  My blood pressure on the other hand... :o   He's saying that if it doesn't come down in a month we'll have to consider pills. I didn't want to ask if he was talking BP pills, I used to be on 8mg Coversyl before I got my A1C under control, OR whether he was talking antidepressants. He better be talking BP pills, cuz he ain't gonna like my response to AD pills.

He's not a believer that what I'm going through is WD, he believes it's my MDD. However, he's being patient and as long as my suicidal ideations remain at bay,  he's allowing me to stay the course. I see him again in 30 days.

QUESTION: Could Coversyl, even in tiny dosages, aggravate or trigger WDS?

I'm tempted to see if I took 4mg, or smaller for the next 30 days to lower my BP would I be walking into a sh!tstorm? I know it sounds counterproductive, but if 30 days on 4mg can drop my BP closer to "normal", my doctor would be happy and leave me be until my next blood work is needed.

Hi Jane, I hope you have fallen asleep and you are reading this after you wake up.  I have read your posts and you have been through so much.  I can relate. I looooove the way you write! You clearly have a fabulous sense of humour and an edgy sarcasm, which has no doubt served you well over all these years.  Wonderful to meet you and hopefully we can share this roller coaster ride together. K 

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
    • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
    • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
    • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
    • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
    • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
    • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
    • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
    • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
    • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
    • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
    • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
    • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
    •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
    • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg
    • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
    • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
    • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
    • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

8 hours ago, Kristine said:

Hi Jane, I hope you have fallen asleep and you are reading this after you wake up.  I have read your posts and you have been through so much.  I can relate. I looooove the way you write! You clearly have a fabulous sense of humour and an edgy sarcasm, which has no doubt served you well over all these years.  Wonderful to meet you and hopefully we can share this roller coaster ride together. K 

Hi Kristine!  Yes, I finally went back to bed around 4:30. Slept fairly well, aside from my normal hot & cold, blankets on, blankets off routine I go through nightly. Both hubby and I woke up around 10:30, pretty decent even with tossing and turning.

My sense of humour is a double-edged sword. Many people don't know how to take it, and I often offend them. Either way, it is me and I'm of the age I can finally say take me or leave me, I'm not changing for anyone. Luckily hubby and I have similar sarcastic wits, and even tend to fuel each other. Makes for some fantastic entertainment in the malls, lol.

Nice to meet you. Hope your holidays are ... I don't want to say happy, as that can be subjective. Let's say "filled with withdrawal free days"! 

Jittery this morning, but that's kind of expected. Brain fog is at a relatively low level, which is good, as today is baking day. Shivers are my biggest issue right now, but that could be due to the weather. I hate winter, and we haven't even begun it yet. I'm hoping with the oven on all day, the place will warm up. Thank God for slippers and sweaters... ugly ones or not! ;)

An awesome afternoon spent with my son cooking & baking.  We got several cookie recipes made, 2 batches of fudge, with and without nuts, bits & bites (though in our family they are called nuts & bolts) and a jelly mould for Christmas dinner. Just sitting down to rest my poor swollen legs, then we're making dinner. It's finally a nice temperature in the house :) 

We still have more to do, but I'm worn out. This getting old thing sucks.

8 hours ago, JustCallMeJane said:

Hi Kristine!  Yes, I finally went back to bed around 4:30. Slept fairly well, aside from my normal hot & cold, blankets on, blankets off routine I go through nightly. Both hubby and I woke up around 10:30, pretty decent even with tossing and turning.

My sense of humour is a double-edged sword. Many people don't know how to take it, and I often offend them. Either way, it is me and I'm of the age I can finally say take me or leave me, I'm not changing for anyone. Luckily hubby and I have similar sarcastic wits, and even tend to fuel each other. Makes for some fantastic entertainment in the malls, lol.

Nice to meet you. Hope your holidays are ... I don't want to say happy, as that can be subjective. Let's say "filled with withdrawal free days"! 

Hi Jane, Glad you managed to get some sleep 😴 And it sounds like you had a productive day of baking with your son.  I have similar issues with temperature regulation.  It's summer in Australia, but during the day I have to go to bed with the electric blanket on high because I'm freezing and shivering...but I'm sweating at the same time. Then after an half an hour or so, out of bed, strip off. Too hot. Then freezing again. 

Ah, the "double edged sword".   If I've learned anything in life it's firstly, you can't please everyone and second, you can't please everyone :) much better to be comfortable in your own skin (probably the wrong analogy at the moment!) then waste precious energy trying to change yourself in order to make others more comfortable in their skin. Not sure if that made any sense!

Anyway, Merry Christmas Jane, And may your Christmas jelly have the perfect wobble. Cheers. K

• Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
    • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
    •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
    • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 - 31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg (1:1 ratio), 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg, 5th Nov 6.4mg, 26th Nov 6mg, 2nd April 2021 5.9mg, 9th April 5.8mg, 19th April 5.75mg, 22nd April 5.7mg, 26th April 5.65mg,28th April 5.6mg, 1st May 5.5mg, 4th May 5.45mg, 7th May 5.4mg, 10th May 5.35mg, 12th May 5.3mg, 15th May 5.25mg, 18th May 5.2mg, 20th May 5.15mg, 22nd May 5mg, 10th July 4.5mg, 9th Aug 4.48mg (switched from syringe to pipette method), 12th Aug 4.46mg, 14th Aug 4.4mg, 18th Aug 4.38mg, 19th Aug 4.36mg, 20th Aug 4.34, 21st 4.32mg, 22nd 4.3mg, 23rd Aug 4mg (hold), (micro-taper) 12th Oct 2021 3.98mg, 14th Oct 3.96mg, 15th Oct 3.94mg, 16th Oct 3.92mg, 17th Oct 3.9mg, 18th Oct 3.88mg, 19th Oct 3.86mg, 21st Oct 3.84mg, 22nd Oct 3.82mg, 23rd Oct 3.8mg, 24th Oct 3.78mg, 25th Oct 3.76mg, 26th Oct 3.74mg, 27th Oct 3.72mg, (WD reached intolerable level, reinstated 0.06mg) 28th Oct 3.8mg, 7th March 2022 3.7mg, 21st March 3.6mg, 4th April 3.5mg, 18th April 3.4mg, 2nd May 3.3mg, 16th May 3.2mg, 20th June 3.1mg, 4th July 3mg, 18th July 2.9mg, 12th September 2.7mg, 18th October 2.5mg, 14th Nov 2.3mg, 12th December 2.1mg, 18th January 2023 1.9mg, 9th July 2023 1.88mg, 16th July 1.86mg, 23rd July 1.84mg, 30th July 1.82mg, 6th Aug 1.80mg, 10th Sept 1.7mg, 12th Oct 1.68mg, 23rd Oct 1.66mg, 30th Oct 1.64mg, 6th Nov 1.62mg, 13th Nov 1.60mg, (2:1 ratio) 30th Dec 1.597mg, 7th Jan 2024 1.595mg, 8th 1.592mg,  10th 1.589, 11th 1.587, 12th 1.585, 13th 1.583, 14th 1.58 cont… 5th Feb 1.56mg, 11th Feb 1.55mg, 19th Feb 1.54mg, 26th Feb 1.53mg, 4th March 1.52mg, 11th March 1.51mg, 25th March 1.50mg, 1st April 1.49mg
    • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

On 12/23/2017 at 9:57 PM, Kristine said:

Ah, the "double edged sword".   If I've learned anything in life it's firstly, you can't please everyone and second, you can't please everyone :) much better to be comfortable in your own skin (probably the wrong analogy at the moment!) then waste precious energy trying to change yourself in order to make others more comfortable in their skin. Not sure if that made any sense!

Anyway, Merry Christmas Jane, And may your Christmas jelly have the perfect wobble. Cheers. K

LOL 49 years and I've never been comfortable in my own skin, but I've stopped trying to change myself for others a long time ago. Toxic friends & family have found their way into my trash bin.  Christmas dinner was fantastic, as was the entire day. I think I'm in a window, as it's been a few days since my last WDS, except for a bit of an antsy sensation I got at one point today when the house got too hot.

I'm still waking up around 3 am, but the panic attack isn't there. It's either due to getting too hot under my blankets, or bathroom time. Gotta love getting older... NOT! :rolleyes:  I get a few zaps every so often, but it's fleeting and more like flickering a light on and off.

On 12/23/2017 at 2:36 AM, JustCallMeJane said:

Hi hun! I am a stubborn @$$. I refuse to budge. Granted I have no easy way to get a small dosage of Cipralex, but even if I did, I wouldn't take it. My symptoms when they are in full swing are nasty. When they are in a lull, although I wouldn't consider myself "normal", I'm almost back to being where I was a year ago on just Cipralex and nothing else. The only difference with the lull (or window) and a year ago is that I'm easy to cry in the lull. Then again, I've always been a crier. Hell, I'd cry at Kleenex commercials when I was a teen :huh: :rolleyes:

I hear ya about wanting another drug to cure me. I guess this is where being a stubborn @$$ comes in handy. 

i swear to god i jinxed myself.... 

not sure if this is related, but i forgot my night dosage of fish oil & vitamin e and just woke up in panic mode, i've got the shivers & the blood boiling feeling again

just took my oil & e, doing my best to relax & go back to bed

....😞 I hope I didn't jinx you by asking about fish oil arrrhhh! K

lol no, I'm very forgetful. It's the main reason for going cold turkey in November. I had forgotten a few days of pills and thought, hey, why not? Once I got the oil into me, and I took some melatonin, I was able to relax and fall back to sleep. I'm just up now, so maybe 5-6 hours of sleep. I'm not as "electric" this morning, so fingers crossed it was a blip.