kesh: akathisia, parasomnia, anxiety

kesh

11 minutes ago, kesh said:

I guess I see people on akathisia support groups who have had it for three years. I don't know how they endured it.

Oh my.  Well you can't "unsee" that, but I'm glad I never knew that.  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kesh

• UnfoldingSky

• Rosetta

• manymoretodays

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. Three years, and all saying to each other ^you will heal".

Current daily meds. Citalopram 2.5mg morning. Diazapam 1.5mg evening, Propanalol 40mg split 4x10mg throughout day.

Recent meds. Fluoxetine 20mg began 24th Nov 2017, CT on 4th December on medical advice due to bad Akathisia. Citalopram 10mg began on 13th Dec 2017, tapered to 2.5mg by 20th Dec 2017 on medical advice. Diazapam 2mg began on 6th Dec 2017 cut to 1.5 mg on 26th Dec. Propanalol 40mg began on 13th Dec. Zopiclone 3.75 mg began 13th December, used maybe 5 times then quit.

Previous history. Tricyclics, Fluoxetine or Citalopram for periods of 6mo to 2yrs over last 25 years. Probably 5 yrs in total. No significant ill effects.

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, kesh said:

I'm going to do a timed daily diary as suggested above starting tomorrow. Is it possible to change this site's edit settings to allow 24 hours of editing? Then we can do our diary direct. Many of us are not functioning well and the simplicity of this would help.

Having the site allow 24 hours of editing would create a really big problem for the moderators because we would have to go back and re-read member's posts to see if they have made a change.  This would be very time consuming and also very confusing.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator
On 1/4/2018 at 8:31 AM, kesh said:

Yesterday I felt fine, like 90% well, but for some reason that does not help. I keep thinking I will have akathisia forever.

^ This appears to be a habitual existential position rather a realistic assessment of your situation.

You must keep notes on paper.

You have one hour to edit a post. You can have a piece of paper available 24 hours a day. Please use it or we can't help you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

28 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Having the site allow 24 hours of editing would create a really big problem for the moderators because we would have to go back and re-read member's posts to see if they have made a change.  This would be very time consuming and also very confusing.

I guess. I'll just use a notepad on my phone.

Current daily meds. Citalopram 2.5mg morning. Diazapam 1.5mg evening, Propanalol 40mg split 4x10mg throughout day.

Recent meds. Fluoxetine 20mg began 24th Nov 2017, CT on 4th December on medical advice due to bad Akathisia. Citalopram 10mg began on 13th Dec 2017, tapered to 2.5mg by 20th Dec 2017 on medical advice. Diazapam 2mg began on 6th Dec 2017 cut to 1.5 mg on 26th Dec. Propanalol 40mg began on 13th Dec. Zopiclone 3.75 mg began 13th December, used maybe 5 times then quit.

Previous history. Tricyclics, Fluoxetine or Citalopram for periods of 6mo to 2yrs over last 25 years. Probably 5 yrs in total. No significant ill effects.

• Administrator

One way or the other, keeping the notes we're asking of you is your responsibility.

If you choose not to do it, or make it so difficult and complicated that it's not feasible, you are sabotaging yourself.  If that's the case, we can't do anything for you; the ability to self-sabotage exceeds any support a Web site like this one might offer.

Please stop obsessing about akathisia. If you have it, that will only make it worse. However, from the symptom pattern you report, I believe it's possible you are not currently suffering from akathisia.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

One way or the other, keeping the notes we're asking of you is your responsibility.

If you choose not to do it, or make it so difficult and complicated that it's not feasible, you are sabotaging yourself.  If that's the case, we can't do anything for you; the ability to self-sabotage exceeds any support a Web site like this one might offer.

Please stop obsessing about akathisia. If you have it, that will only make it worse. However, from the symptom pattern you report, I believe it's possible you are not currently suffering from akathisia.

Above, I said I would do it. Using a notepad.

Telling me I possibly don't have akathisia is gaslighting. Similar to doctors claiming their patients don't have withdrawal.

Please, as you run an important site, where people with akathisia will come, educate yourself about this condition. And believe users.

• Administrator

Begging your pardon, I know quite a bit about akathisia.

If I were you, I'd be happy to think I possibly do not have akathisia.

Do you have a history of health anxiety?

Yes, to continue getting a response from me or the moderators, you will need to report your symptom pattern as requested.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Begging your pardon, I know quite a bit about akathisia.

If I were you, I'd be happy to think I possibly do not have akathisia.

Do you have a history of health anxiety?

Yes, to continue getting a response from me or the moderators, you will need to report your symptom pattern as requested.

Just saw this.

I'd love not to have akathisia. It really is the worst. I think only those who have had it can really understand it.

I've had one spell of health anxiety about 6 years ago.