Jorge24: My withdrawal journey

Jorge24

Has anyone had wd symptoms for more than 5 weeks? I was on zoloft for 2 months only at 25mg. Am on 5 week off but my mind feels unreal, confused, lost dizzy. Plz anyone who read this give me some hope that this would eventually go away. Anyone your thoughts are welcome.

Edited by Altostrata
added screen name to title

My first antidepressant ever.

Zoloft September 12, 2017.

First 3, 4 days on 50 mg. 

My doctor lower my dose to 25 mg later that week. September 19.

From September 19 till November 14 taking 25 mg.

September 14 started to taper of 25 mg to half the pill.

Did that for a week only

September 14 is when i decided to quit completely.

December 2 marks 18 days off Zoloft.

Zyprexa for one week, November 

Ativan 1mg for one week, December 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jorge24

• nz11

• ChessieCat

• brassmonkey

Top Posters In This Topic

Its well accepted that dependence is established at one month. However I'm of the opinion it could be much much sooner than this. 

Your symptoms should recede in time we could be talking months or a year or two. No one knows how long healing will take for you. 

Be patient don't panic.

Check out the nondrug coping threads.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

What you do mean is well accepted that dependence is established at one month? Will my recover be long even after just being on zoloft for only 2 month's at 25mg? That tiny pill is very powerful am guessing 😓

Did that for a week only

First of all this site is send from God!

Now i need some help on how to deal with my withdrawal symptoms. 5 weeks off Zoloft at 25mg. Before stopping i cut the pill in half. Now today am having lots of confusion, dizinesss feels like my mind ain't here, this is not the real me i know. Someone told me to take 1 or 5mg of Zoloft to reduce my withdrawal symptoms what should i do some advice plz. Oh and i was only on zoloft for 2 months and this is where am at right now.

Blessing to everyone 

Did that for a week only

• Administrator

Welcome, Jorge.

I merged your recent topic into your Introductions topic.

nz11 was saying you can get withdrawal symptoms after 1 months of taking the drug.

You have withdrawal symptoms. Since they didn't go away in 5 weeks, you might try reinstating a small amount of Zoloft. This will help your nervous system adapt to the reduction of dosage. You might start at 1mg, try it for 4 days, see if it helps. Let us know how you're doing, please.

This topic explains how to take a small amount of Zoloft Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

32 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Jorge.

I merged your recent topic into your Introductions topic.

nz11 was saying you can get withdrawal symptoms after 1 months of taking the drug.

You have withdrawal symptoms. Since they didn't go away in 5 weeks, you might try reinstating a small amount of Zoloft. This will help your nervous system adapt to the reduction of dosage. You might start at 1mg, try it for 4 days, see if it helps. Let us know how you're doing, please.

This topic explains how to take a small amount of Zoloft Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline)

Thank you for making it clear for me.

Am currently taking some natural supplements for my brain will that interact if i give 1mg of Zoloft for 4 days like you mention? If i do then i stop after 4 days and that will reduce my withdrawal symptoms? 

Did that for a week only

Jorge what I think alto is meaning here is you take the 1mg if you feel better you can stay there for at least a month or two  then taper off using the 10% rule. 

If you take the 1mg and you suddenly get worse then you stop it. 

2 hours ago, Jorge24 said:

Now today am having lots of confusion, dizinesss feels like my mind ain't here, this is not the real me i know

Is this the extent of your wdl symptoms.

Are there any others that concern you. 

Do you think at 5 weeks off things are worsening? 

How would you describe your emotional and psychological state in the waking hours of the morning? 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Yes it's mostly all in my head that am having a real bad time. And i think am seeing a little of progress at 5 weeks off i get windows not often and only last a few mins does that mean my brain is recovering? So things at 5weeks don't worsen or get better, more like tiny steps to feeling better. One thing that does concern me is that i feel like some dettach from reality is this normal? I wake up feeling tired, anxious and confused. 

Blessings 

Did that for a week only

21 minutes ago, nz11 said:

How would you describe your emotional and psychological state in the waking hours of the morning

one - its hell on earth and you wish you were dead or

10 - things are okay I get up as normal and go to work feeling alittle dizzy and lightheaded as i step into the car. 

So what you are saying there is no other symptoms other than dizziness and confusion throughout the day but you can function and do all responsibilities and work etc...

Recovering paxil addict

I would say 10. Even tho I dont cook cuz standing to much it makes me real dizzy, don't  watch tv cuz it bothers me, drive i can but rather not until i feel capable off doing it.

Yes the mental confusion, the detach from reality, dizziness is pretty much what am dealing with right now. Don't work currently disable right now.

Did that for a week only

• Administrator

Dizziness is a very common withdrawal symptom.

What supplements are you taking, at what dosages, and how often?

Do you have any Zoloft left? Read this to find out how to take 1mg Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline) or your doctor can give you a prescription for the liquid.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

4 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Dizziness is a very common withdrawal symptom.

What supplements are you taking, at what dosages, and how often?

Do you have any Zoloft left? Read this to find out how to take 1mg Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline) or your doctor can give you a prescription for the liquid.

What about the detach from reality? 

Some fish oil and natural supplements for brain function. Yes i do have some zoloft left just took 1mg of it. 

Did that for a week only

• Administrator

A sense of unreality is a common withdrawal symptom.

How did you take 1mg Zoloft? What are the natural supplements for brain function?

I had recently gotten my meds yesterday. Which is 25mg my mom cut the pill at 1mg. And am taking CERE B - LIFE. Will these help or not?

Blessings 

Did that for a week only

2 hours ago, Jorge24 said:

Don't work currently disable right now

Is this because of debilitating withdrawal symptoms or some other reason?

Recovering paxil addict

Some other reason. But yeah so my sense of unreality will go away?

Thanks for reaching out and hearing me out God bless

Did that for a week only

yes the symptoms of unreality and dizziness will improve with time.

Recovering paxil addict

• Administrator
12 hours ago, Jorge24 said:

I had recently gotten my meds yesterday. Which is 25mg my mom cut the pill at 1mg. And am taking CERE B - LIFE. Will these help or not?

Blessings 

How did your mom measure 1mg out of a 25mg pill?

Are you a minor?

I have no idea what CERE B - LIFE is. Please post a photo of the label, a list of the ingredients, or a link to the Web site.

CERE B-LIFE is yet another "proprietary' mixture of common herbs and supplements targeted to "clear ones thinking and nourish the brain".  For a healthy person it might have some benefit, but for someone in ADWD some of the ingredients are known to cause problems and are not recommended.  It is best to save your money and stay  away from this or any other blend of ingredients that make these promises.  They have shown time and again to be less than helpful to our members and in some cases ended up being quite damaging.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

3 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

CERE B-LIFE is yet another "proprietary' mixture of common herbs and supplements targeted to "clear ones thinking and nourish the brain".  For a healthy person it might have some benefit, but for someone in ADWD some of the ingredients are known to cause problems and are not recommended.  It is best to save your money and stay  away from this or any other blend of ingredients that make these promises.  They have shown time and again to be less than helpful to our members and in some cases ended up being quite damaging.

So should i stop taking then? It's been only 3 days that i have took em thanks.

Did that for a week only

Personally I would stop.  

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• 2 weeks later...

Hello i need some help here. 

Almost 7 weeks off Zoloft, but still having lots of mental confusion, disoriented, dp, deriealization, my brain feels weird. Dreamy state of mind that causes allot of anxiety. Plz anyone Will all these feelings go away or am i brain damage.  Was only on zoloft for 2 months.

Help plz

Did that for a week only

1 hour ago, Jorge24 said:

Hello i need some help here. 

Almost 7 weeks off Zoloft, but still having lots of mental confusion, disoriented, dp, deriealization, my brain feels weird. Dreamy state of mind that causes allot of anxiety. Plz anyone Will all these feelings go away or am i brain damage.  Was only on zoloft for 2 months.

Help plz

Jorge, This is a friendly reminder that the rules of the intros is only one intro per person. Please refrain from starting a second one.

I can relate to what you are saying and I have tried to reassure you it will get better in time. Its up to you to believe that I can only repeat what I have said already.

But whats the defn of time I hear you ask. Well no one can tell you that.

But so that you can look beyond next week or so or tomorrow even imho I would be looking at many months. Settle in for the ride and spend time in the self care threads getting some nondrug coping firepower stockpiled cause it could be 12 - 24 months for the fog to clear.    Maybe sooner maybe longer. Please try not to panic it will get better with time.

You might like to consider keeping a diary of your daily symptoms. 

Have you made a complaint to the FDA ?

Ae you brain damaged...good question...I ask myself that too at times and I'm now over 7 years drug free. The jury is still out in my mind in regards to myself. 

How old are you? I ask you that cos Breggin says that young people are most likely to  'experience complete clinical recovery' .

Are you reading the links on nondrug coping strategies, Claire weeks thread etc. OR are you hitting the panic button everytime a wave of confusing dizzy fog hits and repeating the same question to which you have already been given the answer.  

If you feel that this is too much for you to cope with you have been given ri advise. Its your choice.

Based on what you have posted and imo if I were you I would stay the course drug free and keep banking drug free days deciding on purpose to never take another psych drug again or ever talk of psychological or emotional distress or use the 'd' word or the 'a' word in front of a doctor again (I'm not saying that's what you did). You haven't told us why you were put on this drug in the first place. Maybe you told the doc you were nervous as school speeches were coming up or something I don't know.

This is a scary time none of us were told about this outcome so we can all understand the concern you have.

Be patient try not to panic things are going to get better.

nz11

Recovering paxil addict

Recovering paxil addict

5 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Jorge, This is a friendly reminder that the rules of the intros is only one intro per person. Please refrain from starting a second one.

I can relate to what you are saying and I have tried to reassure you it will get better in time. Its up to you to believe that I can only repeat what I have said already.

But whats the defn of time I hear you ask. Well no one can tell you that.

But so that you can look beyond next week or so or tomorrow even imho I would be looking at many months. Settle in for the ride and spend time in the self care threads getting some nondrug coping firepower stockpiled cause it could be 12 - 24 months for the fog to clear.    Maybe sooner maybe longer. Please try not to panic it will get better with time.

You might like to consider keeping a diary of your daily symptoms. 

Have you made a complaint to the FDA ?

Ae you brain damaged...good question...I ask myself that too at times and I'm now over 7 years drug free. The jury is still out in my mind in regards to myself. 

How old are you? I ask you that cos Breggin says that young people are most likely to  'experience complete clinical recovery' .

Are you reading the links on nondrug coping strategies, Claire weeks thread etc. OR are you hitting the panic button everytime a wave of confusing dizzy fog hits and repeating the same question to which you have already been given the answer.  

If you feel that this is too much for you to cope with you have been given ri advise. Its your choice.

Based on what you have posted and imo if I were you I would stay the course drug free and keep banking drug free days deciding on purpose to never take another psych drug again or ever talk of psychological or emotional distress or use the 'd' word or the 'a' word in front of a doctor again (I'm not saying that's what you did). You haven't told us why you were put on this drug in the first place. Maybe you told the doc you were nervous as school speeches were coming up or something I don't know.

Be patient try not to panic things are going to get better.

nz11

Am 24 years old and the reason i was put on zoloft was cuz i had a panic attack. I had 2 anxiety attacks every since i stop the zoloft. So my doc gave me Ativan for my anxiety attacks. Been only taking em for a week and i wanna stop that cuz honestly i don't want do be on no drug anymore. So I know the zoloft screw my brain up. I just wanna know this is all recovery that my brain, nervous system is recovering, or brain damage i have question my self that many times now.

Did that for a week only

10 minutes ago, nz11 said:

Yes i take both of that. Actually gonna put some magnesium lotion right now thanks.

Did that for a week only

Sorry to read of this new drug being added to the mix.

Are you able to add this new drug to your drug signature. And any others legal or illegal that you may be taking.

Recovering paxil addict

Nope Ativan is all. Planning to stop before 14 days 

Did that for a week only

On 12/24/2017 at 6:13 PM, Jorge24 said:

Yes i do have some zoloft left just took 1mg of it. 

I overlooked this. What’s happening here.

are you still taking this

please update the drug sig.

Recovering paxil addict

Maybe you got the words Zoloft and Ativan mixed up?

Recovering paxil addict

5 hours ago, nz11 said:

Maybe you got the words Zoloft and Ativan mixed up?

No i don't take zoloft and Ativan together. I completely stop taking zoloft tomorrow will be 7 weeks off.

Did that for a week only

so on 24 dec you didn't take 1mg of Zoloft what you took was 1mg of Ativan?

IT would be most excellent if you could update the drug sig.

Recovering paxil addict

18 minutes ago, nz11 said:

so on 24 dec you didn't take 1mg of Zoloft what you took was 1mg of Ativan?

IT would be most excellent if you could update the drug sig.

1mg of Zoloft and only that day

Did that for a week only

• 2 weeks later...

Been off Zoloft 2 month's now. I saw my doctor and he gave me lexapro 20 mg to help with my zoloft withdrawal since it's been really hard. By any change is this true? I dont trust no doctors anymore have lost faith in them. Can someone tell me this is True? Really having a bad time with dp, dr confusion detach from reality. Never ever want to take another drug but if it does help with my zoloft withdrawal then idk what to do.

Did that for a week only

Hi Jorge,

giving you were only on the med for 2.5 months, if I were you, I would ride it out even it can last for a while. Long time use of these drugs can make the whole thing much worse.

Our mods will provide you with great info about withdrawal of Ssri to help you understand what you are going through. You can read others stories too to see how horrifying the long term withdrawal can be.

good luck!

lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

15 minutes ago, LexAnger said:

Hi Jorge,

giving you were only on the med for 2.5 months, if I were you, I would ride it out even it can last for a while. Long time use of these drugs can make the whole thing much worse.

Our mods will provide you with great info about withdrawal of Ssri to help you understand what you are going through. You can read others stories too to see how horrifying the long term withdrawal can be.

good luck!

lex

So you recommend not to take the lepaxro? Yeah I was on a short period of time but even tho the withdrawal got to me on full force. Am mentally exhausted. You think my recovery will be faster? I really hope so

Thanks for replying 

Did that for a week only