Spice81: Tingling burning numb hand

Spice81

Do you think I could try the fluoxetine now as it’s only 4-5 hours since taking venlafaxine 

Fluoxetine 20mg January 2011-October 2017

The straight swap to citalapram 20mg October 2017

lorazepam 1mg October 2017

quatiapan 25mg June 2017 for sleep

straight swap from citalapram to venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg then upped to 75mg a week later

Stopped quetiapine may 28 2018 and changed to zopiclone 

Started venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg and upped dosage reaching 150mg

Reduced venlafaxine over a one month period and stopped around June 15 2018

also stoped the lorazepam June 15 2018

started 20mg fluoxetine 7th August 2018

witg 1mg lorazepam every morning and at around 1-2pm

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Spice81

• Shep

• Altostrata

• nz11

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Spice81 said:

my sister is on citalapram

This was a gut wrenching  read.

Is your sister interested in tapering off ? Maybe she might consider joining  sa ?

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

I could ask her she normally does pretty well on her own but I’ll ask 

straight swap from citalapram to venlafaxine December 5 at 37.5mg then upped to 75mg a week later

Please tell me you don't have any other family members on these chemicals.

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

No luckily 

I’m actually feeling a little better at the moment but am sceptical as to how I’m going to wake in the morning I ate a decent dinner just now which was nice so am wondering if I should start the taper tomorrow or not or just wait and see ?

I always found that things were better in the evenings only to have the nightmare start up again the next morning. So I always looked forward to the evenings. 

Recovering paxil addict

Woke up this morning not as bad and thinking maybe not doing the fluoxetine 2mg and just seeing how it goes for now ?

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Spice81 said:

I ate a decent dinner just now which was nice

21 minutes ago, Spice81 said:

Woke up this morning not as bad and thinking maybe not doing the fluoxetine 2mg and just seeing how it goes for now ?

Spice, it's possible that some of your symptoms are coming from low blood sugar from not eating.  You mentioned not being able to eat for a long time when you first came into the forum but last night, you had "a decent dinner" and then you reported that you "woke up this morning not as bad." Perhaps those two things are connected. 

You may want to go on a low blood sugar diet for a few weeks and see if that helps:

Diet Plans for Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)

Suggested meal plan - hypoglycemia diet

Eating small meals throughout the day to maintain your blood sugar level may help. A lot of people who never had blood sugar problems before withdrawal report it during withdrawal. So eating every few hours may help. The links I posted give you background on hypoglycemia as well as meal plans.

Note that the symptoms of low blood sugar mimic withdrawal - including skin tingling, which is one of your signature symptoms:

Hypoglycemia - symptoms

You may wish to work with your diet for a few days and see if you even out enough before deciding to reinstate or not.

Please go ahead with the drug journal either way, though. You'll find this very helpful as you continue your journey to be drug free.

Keep notes on paper about your drug dosages and daily symptom pattern

1/1/2018

7am 75mg venlafaxine

10am 1mg lorazepam 

7pm 25mg quatiapine 

2/1/2018

7am 75mg venlafaxine 

10am 1mg lorazepam 

my dads been taken to hospital so haven’t taken quatiapine 

Sorry to read of this.

Hope he is okay and its not serious.

hugs

Recovering paxil addict

• Moderator Emeritus

I hope your dad is okay, too, Spice. That's a lot to handle when you're also sick yourself. Don't forget to eat and do as much self-care as possible. 

When you do your next journal, though, please also list your symptoms and the amount of sleep you're getting, in addition to when you take your drugs.  That way we know what tapering advice and non-drug coping skills we can offer that will best help you. 

Alto gives a great format and example here:

On 9/27/2016 at 2:49 PM, Altostrata said:

What we need to see for every individual day over several days is:

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in morning
- Time and description of any symptoms in the morning

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in afternoon
- Time and description of any symptoms in the afternoon

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in evening
- Time and description of any symptoms in the evening

- Time and dosage for drugs taken in middle of the night
- Time and description of any symptoms in the middle of the night (such as waking)

And so forth. A diary, in chronological order, such as:

6 a.m. Woke and vomited
8 a.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
10 a.m. Had diarrhea
10:30 a.m. Ate breakfast
11:35 a.m. Got a headache, lasted one hour
12:35 p.m. Ate lunch
4 p.m. Stomachache
5 p.m. Took 2.5mg Lexapro
6 p.m. Ate dinner
9:20 p.m. Headache
10:00 p.m. Took 50mg Seroquel
10:20 p.m. Headache got worse
10:30 p.m. Fell asleep
2:30 a.m. Woke, took 3mg Ambien (NOT "took 1/2 tablet Ambien")
2:45 a.m. Fell asleep
4:30 a.m. Woke with headache

• Administrator

Spice, did you skip quetiapine last night? How do you feel during the night?

If you've been taking a drug regularly, it's not a good idea to skip doses, you might get worse withdrawal symptoms just from that.

Also, do not take random additional doses. It's very important to keep everything very even so we can interpret your symptoms.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I ended up taking it at 10pm 

3/1/2018

8am 75mg venlafaxine 

9am muesli

10am .5mg lorazepam 

11am panick attack

12pm 1mg lorazepam

1pm back to normal 

2pm protein shake

7pm dinner 

will take quatiapine at 10pm tonight 

Forgot to mention I take magnesium after dinner 400mg tablet 

4/1/2018

8am 75mg venlafaxine 

10am 1mg lorazepam 

12pm protein shake

6pm dinner

magnesium 400mg after dinner 

will take quatiapine 25mg around 8pm tonight

I’m sleeping average during the night hard to know how many times I wake etc but every night when I lye down I get tingly knumb hands and also when I wake. 

Its mainly always when I lye down 

• Moderator Emeritus

Spice,

Two comments about your recent drug and symptom journal.

1. You took two doses of lorazepam on January 3 and only one dose on January 4. Is this correct? Please note it is very important to take the same amount at the same time every day.

2. Please add in your symptoms - the journal from January 4 only lists your drugs but no symptoms. Without listing your symptoms, we aren't going to be able to give you advice because we don't know how the drugs are affecting you. One thing we're looking for is a sign that you're getting interdose withdrawal from the lorazepam due to its short half life. Knowing what you're symptoms are is very important information. 

On 1/3/2018 at 3:27 AM, Spice81 said:

3/1/2018

8am 75mg venlafaxine 

9am muesli

10am .5mg lorazepam 

11am panick attack

12pm 1mg lorazepam

1pm back to normal 

2pm protein shake

7pm dinner 

will take quatiapine at 10pm tonight 

2 hours ago, Spice81 said:

4/1/2018

8am 75mg venlafaxine 

10am 1mg lorazepam 

12pm protein shake

6pm dinner

magnesium 400mg after dinner 

will take quatiapine 25mg around 8pm tonight

last night slept very average woke nearly every hour knumb hands tingling a little 

when I woke this morning feeling average hands feel agitated like I wanna punch something if that makes sense 

am really sick of feeling **** all the time all I want to do is sleep and even then I can’t sleep because I’m always thinking I’m sick or dieing.

ive got no desire to do anything but lay in bed..

i urinate heaps cos I’m always feeling nervous it’s always yellow..

im not excited by food I used to be the biggest eater.

its consuming me and I feel scared 24/7

i don’t know if it’s still withdrawal and waiting for the venlafaxine to take affect or not it’s just so scary and has taken over my life.

Also don’t know if 75mg is enough but scared to go up a dose 

5/5/2018

8am 75mg venlafaxine 

10am 1mg lorazepam 

12pm muesli

4pm chicken pie

will have 25mg lorazepam around 8.30pm

urinated less today but still very yellow

quite shaky today

when I lye down pins and needles in my hands and knumb after a while 

don’t seem to get it standing or sitting 

• Moderator Emeritus

Spice, I read through your last three journal updates and have some questions - 

1.  Why are you changing your lorazepam dose every day? It's important to take the same dose every day. 

2. How do you feel after you take the venlafaxine? Does the venlafaxine make you sleepy? Agitated? Please add your symptoms to your daily journal.  It's best to write down the time you take the drug, the dose, and then how you feel. See this post for an example

3.  How many hours of sleep are you getting each night? Please also add this to your daily journal going forward. 

4.  How do you feel before and after you take the lorazepam? Does the lorazepam help with the tingling and burning? Does it make you sleepy? 

5. Are you only eating one time a day? If all your eating is what you've got listed in your journal over the past 3 days, that's not enough. Please see my earlier post here on low blood sugar and how it may be causing some of your symptoms. 

It's possible you're dealing with interdose withdrawal symptoms from the lorazepam due to its short half life, but we can't tell for sure because you're taking different amounts every day and at different times. 

It may take a number of days / weeks before you stabilize from these recent changes. The best advice I can give you in the meantime is to keep your lorazepam dose the same every day, taken at the same time every day. 

I’m taking my lorazepam at 10am every day now it was just the once when I tried taking a half dose instead of the full 1mg to see if I was alrite with it that’s all

The quatiapine is s hard one to take at the same time every night because I’m never sure what time I’m actually going to sleep or should I just take that at the same time too ?

I’m not eating much at all because I’m severely depressed I just have no appetite and it’s driving me insane it’s been about 3 months now and I can’t seem to get throug. It ? Do I force myself to eat ? I just don’t feel hungry I know I need to eat but just don’t feel like it and am losing so much weight because of it ..

im really scared 

• Mentor
4 hours ago, Spice81 said:

I’m not eating much at all because I’m severely depressed I just have no appetite and it’s driving me insane it’s been about 3 months now and I can’t seem to get throug. It ? Do I force myself to eat ? I just don’t feel hungry I know I need to eat but just don’t feel like it and am losing so much weight because of it ..

im really scared 

Yes, I lost a bunch of weight during months 4-6. And it was so scary. I got baby food just to be able to get some nutrients... I just had to keep reminding myself that I was doing it for someone else in the future (me). It was hard and I felt like vomiting every time.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

I feel helpless I’m in the worst of depression and just can’t find a way out I thought changing my pills over would help but not doing it properly has really messed me up I’m so anxious and sad all the time I used to eat so much on fluoxetine and since stopping .... nothing so scared of what all this medication swapping and changing has done to me 

6/1/2018

8am 75mg venlafaxine

probiotic drink

feeling down and depressed 

10am 1mg lorazepam 

1pm sandwich 

5pm bowl of macaroni cheese

magnesium 400mg

still down

will take my quatiapine at 8pm

all in all been a pretty rough day just lay around felt no motivation and just really down and depressed yuck taste in my mouth all day and had the shakes all day

had dioreah last night due to a sore cramped stomach and tingly hands and knumb when I’m lying down on my phone or trying to sleep

im wearing a fit bit tonight so will track my sleep or lack of 

11 hours ago, Spice81 said:

im really scared 

your signature shows you started taking quiteiapine around 3 months ago, did you lose your appetite around then? I have a long history with quitiapine, it usually does the opposite and increases appetite a lot and causes weight gain, maybe it doesn't agree with you and causing a adverse reaction?, every time ive stopped quitipine ive lost my appetite and lost tons of weight, it has also caused intense itching when stopped,

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Spice81 said:

The quatiapine is s hard one to take at the same time every night because I’m never sure what time I’m actually going to sleep or should I just take that at the same time too ?

Hi, Spice. If possible, it's best to stick to a routine, including when you go to bed at night. I know that's not always possible, but the more consistent you can be, the easier it is on your nervous system. 

Thanks for adding in your symptoms on last night's journal. Just a couple of comments / questions:

1. It looks like you were at the same state of down and depressed all day. Did taking the lorazepam help at all? Do you feel less anxious after taking the lorazepam? 

2. Your diet yesterday was very carbohydrate heavy. Adding in more protein and less carbs may help.  Protein like chicken or fish or if you're a vegetarian, tofu, may boast your energy levels, while carbohydrates (such as macaroni and cheese) tend to be a more sedating food. You mentioned in an earlier post about losing weight - are you able to add in a glass of milk (or soy milk if you're a vegetarian) in between meals? Can you snack on peanut butter and crackers? I take almonds and a banana to work every day for a snack and that gives me a boast around mid-morning. Almonds are high in protein. So snacks like this in between meals can really help, along with eating meals with protein. It's important to keep up your strength. 

3. With weight loss, many people are experiencing nausea. But I haven't seen you mention that. Is nausea a symptom for you? Do any of your drugs make you feel nauseous? 

When I was on the citalapram every time I took my pill I would but not really now just a depression nausea if that makes sense.

• Moderator Emeritus
41 minutes ago, Spice81 said:

When I was on the citalapram every time I took my pill I would but not really now just a depression nausea if that makes sense.

Is "depression nausea" the same thing as fatigue?

Again, we really need to know how the lorazepam is affecting you. Please see my question below. 

9 hours ago, Shep said:

1. It looks like you were at the same state of down and depressed all day. Did taking the lorazepam help at all? Do you feel less anxious after taking the lorazepam? 

It does calm me a little bit not much to be honest I find after taking the quatiapine at night I feel better and actually hungry but by then it’s too late to eat as I’m going to bed 

I guess it is depression nausea I feel so low I just took my venlafaxine and forced myself to have muesli with a banana