Thelongestroadhome

☼ Thelongestroadhome: long road back with Lexapro

Thelongestroadhome
On 06/03/2018 at 11:39 PM, Happy2Heal said:

I posted this on my thread and elsewhere but thought I'd share it here in case it helps

it's something I personally have needed to remind myself of many times!

I have a fortune from one of those Chinese fortune cookies that I keep on my fridge

it says

You are what you think.

this turns out to be SO true.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what we think and what we believe has a HUGE impact on how we feel and quite literally on what we see.

If we are expecting bad things, we will be on the lookout of them

If we are expecting good things, we will be looking for those as well.

this is NOT looking at the world thru rose colored glasses, this will not turn something sad into something happy, but it will change your overall attitude towards things in a major way.

so that when something sad does come your way, you'll more quickly rebound and look for what helped you to get thru the sadness, rather than just replaying all the things that made you sad.

we have so much more power over our lives, our moods, our attitudes and our outlook than I ever realized before.

WD/recovery is hard, but we can make it easier on ourselves by changing how we look at it.

ok now I'm just sounding preachy, sorry! 

writing this helps to reinforce this lesson for myself, so part of my reason for posting is entirely selfish

please excuse me if this is all old news to you!! ;)

Preach away! I LOVE that ❤️♥️💖

Current...Drug free since September 2018

December 2007 30mg Lexapro and a benzodiazepine December 2008 25mg, December 2009 20mg, December 2010 15mg Lexapro, December 2011 10mg Lexapro. Long hold as I felt happy with the dose and saw no need at the time to reduce further. September 2015 dropped to 5mg. Terrible anxiety started two months later. June 2016 dropped to 3mg and terrible obsessive thoughts and anxiety so ten days later I reinstated back to 5mg. October 2016 dropped to 4mg. April 2017 dropped to 3mg. September 2017 dropped to 2mg. Terrible obsessive thoughts. Anxiety through the roof. OCD.  September 2018 quit cold turkey 2mg Lexapro. March 2019 feeling better than I have in years. 

Thelongestroadhome

Even though I feel as though I have stabilised somewhat and seem to have a pretty even baseline most days, I can't honestly say that I feel GOOD.  Perhaps this is my new baseline..........O.K

Perhaps O.K is the new me. It's not good and it's not bad. It's just O.K

Even on what should be a happy day, an outing with my family, I am always consumed with how I feel. I never stop analysing my feelings. Drives me nuts. Maybe that is the problem. Maybe I think too much. Maybe I should stop thinking about how I feel and just get on with it. It's fear I guess. What does Clare Weeks call it............secondary fear? Fear of returning to the first fear. I don't even know what I am talking about. My brain is mush. 

I would like to think that life could be better than O.K. Good sounds much better. 

What frightens me is that I am still on these drugs. I am on a low dose but I am still on them! If I only feel O.K then how am I going to feel when I get to a lower dose. I could feel bloody awful and start pining for O.K.  So right now I am hanging on to O.K for dear life because I don't want things to get worse. 

So this is the new me. If you ask me how I am I will reply o.k. I would much rather reply with 'Good' or 'Very Good' but I won't lie. There are people here much worse off than me. They would probably swap their baseline for my O.K in a heartbeat. I apologise to those who think I am being ungrateful. 

December 2007 30mg Lexapro and a benzodiazepine December 2008 25mg, December 2009 20mg, December 2010 15mg Lexapro, December 2011 10mg Lexapro. Long hold as I felt happy with the dose and saw no need at the time to reduce further. September 2015 dropped to 5mg. Terrible anxiety started two months later. June 2016 dropped to 3mg and terrible obsessive thoughts and anxiety so ten days later I reinstated back to 5mg. October 2016 dropped to 4mg. April 2017 dropped to 3mg. September 2017 dropped to 2mg. Terrible obsessive thoughts. Anxiety through the roof. OCD.  September 2018 quit cold turkey 2mg Lexapro. March 2019 feeling better than I have in years. 

Happy2Heal
4 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

What frightens me is that I am still on these drugs. I am on a low dose but I am still on them! If I only feel O.K then how am I going to feel when I get to a lower dose. I could feel bloody awful and start pining for O.K.  So right now I am hanging on to O.K for dear life because I don't want things to get worse. 

this is certainly understandable but try to remember that feelings aren't facts. Being scared of something happening does not mean it will. 

chances are pretty good that if you're ok now, on a lower dose of the drug, you're going to be better than ok when you get off.

you've been doing a nice long and much more careful taper than I did, that's great. I messed up terribly in my taper,  went too fast at first, jumped off at 2.5mgs, had to reinstate at a tiny dose and spent a year tapering off that, and now, it's been since Oct 16 since I've been off for good and things are mostly good.

I have my ok days (like today, I've got a little bit of a cold so not feeling wonderful LOL) and I've had a few minor brief waves but overall the trend has always been positive.

I think it's natural to remember a year ago and wonder if things could be that bad again. It's hard to keep going forward in spite of the fear and the worry. but you're doing it and you're going to be ok

I mean, you're going to be better than ok!! you're going to get to the good stuff.

just remember that being undrugged means we get all our feelings back, the good and the bad, so there will always be rough times in the mix. That's just part of the whole package.

how are you planning to do your taper going forward? are you going to do smaller cuts? lexapro is so strong, it might be a good idea to go down slower.

forgive me if this is mentioned earlier in your thread, I just got a notice about this one post and have not read back to see if you outlined your plans already

here's to OK! may it soon be raised to mostly GOOD!

:)

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total)
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictalBrief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. I tried to get off it several times. WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 tapered down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again, too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". Crashed in Sept, reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, current age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content 

brassmonkey

Hi LRH-- OK is exactly where you want to be.  Symptoms are going to be around throughout the tapering process and even for a while after reaching "0".  Increases in the feeling of OK is what we are looking for.  We refer to it as an improvement in our WDnormal baseline.  Right now you are entering into one of the areas of a taper that can prove to be tricky.  For many of these drugs the last couple of milligrams have to be tapered very slowly and carefully to avoid upticks in the symptoms. From here on out you really need to stick to the 10% protocol that we keep talking about in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Thelongestroadhome
9 hours ago, Happy2Heal said:

this is certainly understandable but try to remember that feelings aren't facts. Being scared of something happening does not mean it will. 

chances are pretty good that if you're ok now, on a lower dose of the drug, you're going to be better than ok when you get off.

you've been doing a nice long and much more careful taper than I did, that's great. I messed up terribly in my taper,  went too fast at first, jumped off at 2.5mgs, had to reinstate at a tiny dose and spent a year tapering off that, and now, it's been since Oct 16 since I've been off for good and things are mostly good.

I have my ok days (like today, I've got a little bit of a cold so not feeling wonderful LOL) and I've had a few minor brief waves but overall the trend has always been positive.

I think it's natural to remember a year ago and wonder if things could be that bad again. It's hard to keep going forward in spite of the fear and the worry. but you're doing it and you're going to be ok

I mean, you're going to be better than ok!! you're going to get to the good stuff.

just remember that being undrugged means we get all our feelings back, the good and the bad, so there will always be rough times in the mix. That's just part of the whole package.

how are you planning to do your taper going forward? are you going to do smaller cuts? lexapro is so strong, it might be a good idea to go down slower.

forgive me if this is mentioned earlier in your thread, I just got a notice about this one post and have not read back to see if you outlined your plans already

here's to OK! may it soon be raised to mostly GOOD!

:)

Thank you so much HTH, you have no idea how much your words mean to me right now. I allowed negativity to come in and it took me to a dark place. I should know better than projecting my fears in to the unknown future. Eckhart would probably dismiss me from his class!!

Thelongestroadhome
4 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Hi LRH-- OK is exactly where you want to be.  Symptoms are going to be around throughout the tapering process and even for a while after reaching "0".  Increases in the feeling of OK is what we are looking for.  We refer to it as an improvement in our WDnormal baseline.  Right now you are entering into one of the areas of a taper that can prove to be tricky.  For many of these drugs the last couple of milligrams have to be tapered very slowly and carefully to avoid upticks in the symptoms. From here on out you really need to stick to the 10% protocol that we keep talking about in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises.

Thank you Brass, I have dropped doses too quickly, especially the past twelve months. I fully intend on dropping much slower from now on. I am thinking my first drop will be end of April by 10%

Kristine

Hey my friend, thank you for your words on my thread :)

15 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

So this is the new me. If you ask me how I am I will reply o.k. I would much rather reply with 'Good' or 'Very Good' but I won't lie

I think in time you will be able to reply with, "I'm great", or "good" and sometimes ok.  And that's okay! Try not to forget how much progress you have made! You wrote this not so long ago...this didn't sound OK :( 

On 29/12/2017 at 9:43 AM, Longestroadhome said:

I have always been a worrier but the anxiety and worry I am feeling now is extreme. I wake every morning in a constant state of panic. I hate this. 

I thought that by the time I reached 2mg It would be an easy stretch. I honestly can’t imagine how I am going to be free of lexapro. 

Much Love and Hugs. K xo

• Citalopram 20mg - 40mg ~ approx 2010 - October 2015 (stopped over one week)
  • Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Lithium 450mg-900 mg and Thyroxin ~May 2016 - May 2017
  • Diazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ 2015 - 2017
  • Oxazepam various doses (including PRN) ~ May 2016 - June 2016
  • Lurasidone 20mg ~Mid May 2016 - Mid June 2016
  • Vortioxetine 10mg - 20mg ~ 6th June 2016 - 20th July 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Amitriptyline 200mg ~July 2016 - September 2016 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Nortriptyline  (dose ?) ~October 2016 ~ November 2016 (abruptly ceased)
  • Seroquel XR 100mg - 300mg ~ May 2016 - August 2017 (ceased over 3 weeks)
  • Escitalopram 10mg - 30mg ~ August 2016 - March 2017 (ceased over 2 weeks)
  • Bupropion 300mg ~ December 2016 - May 2017 (ceased over 1 week)
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 -.31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg, 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg 
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 
  • SR Circadin 2mg (melatonin) 25th May - 20th June 
  • Zolpidem 10mg 25th May (7 tablets)
  • Supplements: Magnesium glycinate (soluble - sip throughout the day) 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

Rosetta

Thinking of you LRH, 

I feel the pain of others as my own, too.  It really makes this condition worse.  Protect yourself as much as possible when you can.

Projecting fears into the future is one of my demons, too.  

I'm glad to see you feel ok.  I understand how frustrating that is, but perhaps you can see it as getting to a place where you can rest.  You are still fragile, and you need to be compassionate with yourself.  You can feel good about doing less because it's protective of yourself.  When I feel "ok" that's what I tell myself to avoid doing too much and having a situational anxiety incident on top of all my random, unavoidable anxiety surges.  I think it's still a good idea to go easy on yourself when you are feeling ok as your baseline.  Many of us feel we must be going at full speed if at all possible.  It's a pressure of society that is probably part of what got us started with the meds in the first place.

-- Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

wantrelief

Hi LRH,

3 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

I should know better than projecting my fears in to the unknown future. Eckhart would probably dismiss me from his class!!

Me too!  

You will get to where you want to be....I know you don't necessarily feel like it now but look at how far you've come already! It sounds like you have a good plan in place going forward and meeting your goal of becoming medication free.

I saw your note on another thread about Homeland. I have been watching it too and it has been hard for me to watch the parts about Carrie's lithium pooping out on her and then all of the other drug stuff.  :/  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper; withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-10/07: 100 mg Zoloft; 1 mg Klonopin - tapered off Klonopin
-Tried several times to slowly taper Zoloft by 10%, then 5% every 4-6 weeks; could never get below approx. 40 mg - spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms due to stress; tried to updose but no relief, back on Klonopin 1 mg.
-Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin.
-8/13: 27 mg Citalopram; 1 mg Klonopin

-11/14: 12.6 Citalopram - began to have bad withdrawal symptoms; out of desperation increased to 1.25 mg Klonopin at the beginning of December.  12/13/14 16 mg Citalopram - going to stay here to try to stabilize; stabilized on 16 mg Citalopram after 4-5 months

-7/15 - 3/16: reduced to 15 mg; ~ 2 months later w/d hit hard (probably r/t stress); 6/16 updosed to 20 mg Citalopram and trying to stabilize. Updosed to 1.5 Klonopin as well. Stabilized on 20 mg Citalopram after 4-5 months

8/17-9/17: feeling withdrawal symptoms at 20 mg Citalopram (due to stress) - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

Supplements: fish oil; magnesium glycinate; vitamin D3; curcumin

Citalopram taper:  2/2018 - 12/2019: 25 mg - 11.03 mg

2020: 1/14/20: 10.89 mg (1.27% drop); 1/22/20: 10.75 mg (1.29% drop); 2/28/20 toe surgery; 4/26/20: 10.62 mg (1.21% drop); 5/3/20: 10.5 mg (1.22% drop); 5/10/20: 10.4 mg (1.24% drop); 5/17/20: 10.2 mg (1.25% drop); 6/7/20: 10.10 mg (1.27% drop); 6/14/20: 9.98 mg (1.19% drop); 6/21/20: 9.85 mg (1.30% drop); 6/28/20: 9.7 mg (1.22% drop); 7/12/20: 9.6 mg (1.23% drop); 7/19/20: 9.5 mg (1.25% drop); 7/26/20: 9.4 mg (1.26% drop); 8/2/20: 9.3 mg (1.28% drop); 8/17/20: 9.14 mg (1.19% drop); 8/31/20: 9.0 mg (1.31% drop); 9/6/20: 8.9 mg (1.22% drop); 9/27/20: 8.8 mg (1.23% drop); 10/4/20: 8.7 mg (1.25% drop); 10/11/20: 8.6 mg (1.27% drop); 10/18/20: 8.5 mg (1.28% drop)

TroubledThoughts

Just wanted to stop by to say I'm glad you are feeling okay! That's better than feeling bad, so I would count it as a victory. I am tapering Lexapro as well but jumped too early and am now reinstating at a low dose. I hope to soon feel okay too. Then will do a super slow taper for the last bit I am on.

We will all get through it eventually!!

Lexapro (10-20mg): 2010-2016

Lexapro 5mg: 2016-September 2017

Lexapro 2.5mg: September 2017-November 2017

Lexapro 1.25mg: November 2017-December 2017

Lexapro 1.25mg (every other day): December 2017-January 31 2018

Quick taper since I thought I had sfx, was actually withdrawal

Reinstated Lexapro .25mg: March 10, 2018

Lamictal: May 1-July 1 2016

Klonopin: July 1, 2016-August 1, 2016

Seroquel, Clonazepam, Xanax, Paxil, and others: 2010-2016

Thelongestroadhome
21 hours ago, Kristine said:

Hey my friend, thank you for your words on my thread :)

I think in time you will be able to reply with, "I'm great", or "good" and sometimes ok.  And that's okay! Try not to forget how much progress you have made! You wrote this not so long ago...this didn't sound OK :( 

Much Love and Hugs. K xo

Thank you K, I appreciate your kindness and support very much. You are right... as usual 😘❤️

Thelongestroadhome
20 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Thinking of you LRH, 

I feel the pain of others as my own, too.  It really makes this condition worse.  Protect yourself as much as possible when you can.

Projecting fears into the future is one of my demons, too.  

I'm glad to see you feel ok.  I understand how frustrating that is, but perhaps you can see it as getting to a place where you can rest.  You are still fragile, and you need to be compassionate with yourself.  You can feel good about doing less because it's protective of yourself.  When I feel "ok" that's what I tell myself to avoid doing too much and having a situational anxiety incident on top of all my random, unavoidable anxiety surges.  I think it's still a good idea to go easy on yourself when you are feeling ok as your baseline.  Many of us feel we must be going at full speed if at all possible.  It's a pressure of society that is probably part of what got us started with the meds in the first place.

-- Rosetta

Thank you Rosetta. Your words mean a lot to me. Yes, I need to rest, self nurture... all the things I tell others to do but don’t do myself! I have to start talking to myself as though I were talking to a loved one because more often than not my words to myself are too harsh ♥️

Thelongestroadhome
19 hours ago, wantrelief said:

Hi LRH,

Me too!  

You will get to where you want to be....I know you don't necessarily feel like it now but look at how far you've come already! It sounds like you have a good plan in place going forward and meeting your goal of becoming medication free.

I saw your note on another thread about Homeland. I have been watching it too and it has been hard for me to watch the parts about Carrie's lithium pooping out on her and then all of the other drug stuff.  :/  

Thank you for your lovely kind words 😘 I need to focus more on the positive, be kinder to myself. It’s not easy!

yes, Homeland is a bit triggering with the storyline of ‘mental illness’ I find myself completely lost in the storyline of Carrie’s medication than the actual plot! Like Kristine said on her thread, maybe the psychiatrist she dumped got the job on Homeland cause it sure seems like Carrie is being over medicated!

Thelongestroadhome
18 hours ago, TroubledThoughts said:

Just wanted to stop by to say I'm glad you are feeling okay! That's better than feeling bad, so I would count it as a victory. I am tapering Lexapro as well but jumped too early and am now reinstating at a low dose. I hope to soon feel okay too. Then will do a super slow taper for the last bit I am on.

We will all get through it eventually!!

TT, how lovely of you to come say hello on my thread whilst you are struggling with your own lexapro withdrawal. I will stop by and check your thread out shortly. We can do this ❤️🙏❤️

TroubledThoughts
2 minutes ago, Longestroadhome said:

TT, how lovely of you to come say hello on my thread whilst you are struggling with your own lexapro withdrawal. I will stop by and check your thread out shortly. We can do this ❤️🙏❤️

Of course! I find it helps me at least to find people who are going through something similar so we don't feel so alone. As much as I wish no one else had to deal with this, I think we have strength in numbers. Hope you're doing well today!

Lexapro (10-20mg): 2010-2016

Lexapro 5mg: 2016-September 2017

Lexapro 2.5mg: September 2017-November 2017

Lexapro 1.25mg: November 2017-December 2017

Lexapro 1.25mg (every other day): December 2017-January 31 2018

Quick taper since I thought I had sfx, was actually withdrawal

Reinstated Lexapro .25mg: March 10, 2018

Lamictal: May 1-July 1 2016

Klonopin: July 1, 2016-August 1, 2016

Seroquel, Clonazepam, Xanax, Paxil, and others: 2010-2016

wantrelief
36 minutes ago, Longestroadhome said:

Thank you for your lovely kind words 😘 I need to focus more on the positive, be kinder to myself. It’s not easy!

yes, Homeland is a bit triggering with the storyline of ‘mental illness’ I find myself completely lost in the storyline of Carrie’s medication than the actual plot! Like Kristine said on her thread, maybe the psychiatrist she dumped got the job on Homeland cause it sure seems like Carrie is being over medicated!

I need to work on the same things so you are not alone....it is definitely not easy, especially when battling withdrawal induced thoughts. 

I know what you mean about finding yourself lost in the medication storyline on Homeland...me too!  And, yeah, it does seem like Carrie is way over medicated - how can she even do the things she is doing whilst on so many meds?!  

-1/06 - 3/07 Cymbalta. Fast taper; withdrawal symptoms after 4 mos (didn't realize was WD)

-Tried several times to slowly taper Zoloft by 10%, then 5% every 4-6 weeks; could never get below approx. 40 mg - spring 2012 experienced major WD symptoms due to stress; tried to updose but no relief, back on Klonopin 1 mg.
-Switched over 5-6 mos from Zoloft to Citalopram. Finished Zoloft 1/13; Citalopram 35 mg and 1 mg Klonopin.

-11/14: 12.6 Citalopram - began to have bad withdrawal symptoms; out of desperation increased to 1.25 mg Klonopin at the beginning of December.  12/13/14 16 mg Citalopram - going to stay here to try to stabilize; stabilized on 16 mg Citalopram after 4-5 months

-7/15 - 3/16: reduced to 15 mg; ~ 2 months later w/d hit hard (probably r/t stress); 6/16 updosed to 20 mg Citalopram and trying to stabilize. Updosed to 1.5 Klonopin as well. Stabilized on 20 mg Citalopram after 4-5 months

8/17-9/17: feeling withdrawal symptoms at 20 mg Citalopram (due to stress) - slowly increased to 25 mg. No change in symptoms after 6 months (? tolerance ?)  - decided to start citalopram taper February 2018 (still on Klonopin 1.5 mg).

2020: 1/14/20: 10.89 mg (1.27% drop); 1/22/20: 10.75 mg (1.29% drop); 2/28/20 toe surgery; 4/26/20: 10.62 mg (1.21% drop); 5/3/20: 10.5 mg (1.22% drop); 5/10/20: 10.4 mg (1.24% drop); 5/17/20: 10.2 mg (1.25% drop); 6/7/20: 10.10 mg (1.27% drop); 6/14/20: 9.98 mg (1.19% drop); 6/21/20: 9.85 mg (1.30% drop); 6/28/20: 9.7 mg (1.22% drop); 7/12/20: 9.6 mg (1.23% drop); 7/19/20: 9.5 mg (1.25% drop); 7/26/20: 9.4 mg (1.26% drop); 8/2/20: 9.3 mg (1.28% drop); 8/17/20: 9.14 mg (1.19% drop); 8/31/20: 9.0 mg (1.31% drop); 9/6/20: 8.9 mg (1.22% drop); 9/27/20: 8.8 mg (1.23% drop); 10/4/20: 8.7 mg (1.25% drop); 10/11/20: 8.6 mg (1.27% drop); 10/18/20: 8.5 mg (1.28% drop)

Thelongestroadhome
On 13/03/2018 at 7:49 AM, wantrelief said:

I need to work on the same things so you are not alone....it is definitely not easy, especially when battling withdrawal induced thoughts. 

I know what you mean about finding yourself lost in the medication storyline on Homeland...me too!  And, yeah, it does seem like Carrie is way over medicated - how can she even do the things she is doing whilst on so many meds?!  

She is a super sleuth! She should be curled up in bed but she is out there saving the world 💫

Thelongestroadhome

I don’t really have anything encouraging to write. Life is hard on many levels right now. My daughter has ‘disowned’ me whatever that means, and I guess that includes her husband and son... my grandson. It’s a nasty affair, the fallout from her sisters marriage break up. Her husband is best friends with the ex husband so they have taken his side. There are no winning sides though, we are all losers in this. The only winners are those dreadful emotions, hurt, anger, bitterness, resentment. 

In in all honesty I am probably coping better than I thought I would. I guess in many ways I am stable on 2mg lexapro. I am not falling apart. Not bedridden. I am living. It’s not the best form of living but this is life and this is what has been handed to me at this time. 

Downbutnotout
On 3/11/2018 at 5:48 AM, Longestroadhome said:

Even though I feel as though I have stabilised somewhat and seem to have a pretty even baseline most days, I can't honestly say that I feel GOOD.  Perhaps this is my new baseline..........O.K

Perhaps O.K is the new me. It's not good and it's not bad. It's just O.K

Even on what should be a happy day, an outing with my family, I am always consumed with how I feel. I never stop analysing my feelings. Drives me nuts. Maybe that is the problem. Maybe I think too much. Maybe I should stop thinking about how I feel and just get on with it. It's fear I guess. What does Clare Weeks call it............secondary fear? Fear of returning to the first fear. I don't even know what I am talking about. My brain is mush. 

I would like to think that life could be better than O.K. Good sounds much better. 

So this is the new me. If you ask me how I am I will reply o.k. I would much rather reply with 'Good' or 'Very Good' but I won't lie. There are people here much worse off than me. They would probably swap their baseline for my O.K in a heartbeat. I apologise to those who think I am being ungrateful. 

Sounds like you did the taper the correct way. So you deserve to feel okay. 

2001 Remeron , Celexa, prozac a week on lithium. 

2014 went off effexor and trazadone in 3 weeks. 

2014 zoloft (hyper reaction) put on effexor 75 mg. Was stable until 2017 

2017  Trazadone 50 mg (June) Effexor to 113 mg (2 weeks) Effexor 150 mg for a month . Took 75 mg until November. . Lithium 10 days, Lamactil 10 day  aug-nov15 ativan

October : Prozac bridge to get off 75 mg of effexor Used 10 mg of prozac. Stopped prozac 3 wk 

Dec 6, 7 Upped trazadone from 50 to 100 mg Did it for 3 days Stopped it

Dec 7 , Dec 8 Took prozac again 0.1 , 0.1, 0.6 stopped it

Dec 11 and Dec 12 upped it to 100 again

Dec 15 , 16,17 went back to 50 mg of trazadone

December 18 Began 3 beads of effexor  Dec 25 began 5 beads of effexor take 10 mg of omneprazole daily

Rosetta

Hugs, LRH.  Your daughter will come around.  I'm so sorry about the timing.  Sounds like a good time for a long hold.  Try to rest. -- Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

Kristine

(((Hugs))) from me too LRH :wub: I'm so sorry life is throwing more challenges your way. Xo K xo

• Parnate  20mg - 50mg and olazapine 5mg ~ Jan 2016 - May 2016 (ceased over 2 days) 
  • Clonazepam 1.5mg daily ~ July 2016 (started tapering May 2017 - September 2017 currently on 0.375mg..ie 0.125mg TDS) 27th May 2018 5% 0.357mg (possible paradoxical reaction - see benzo thread)  28th June 5% 0.337mg, 28th July 10% 0.303mg, 12th September10% 0.272mg, 18th September reinstated 10% due to intolerable WD 0.303mg, 1st October-11th Oct 10% (1% reduction over 10 days) 0.272mg, 22nd October clonazepam ceased crossed over 10mg diazepam
  •  Dexamphatamine 20mg ~ December 2016 (started tapering October 2017 - tapered 1.25mg 4th Dec 2017, 1.25mg 19th Dec 2017 6.25mg, Speed up decrease due to major interaction between Dex and fluoxetine- ref to thread 10% 17th Feb 2018 5.63mg, 10% 21st Feb 2018 5.1mg, 10% 26th Feb 2018 4.5mg 10% 28th Feb 4.1mg, 10% 1st March 3.7mg, 10% 5th March 3.3mg, 10% 8th March 3mg, 10% 10th March 2.7mg, 10% 12th March 2.4mg, 10% 14th March 2.16mg, 10% 16th March 1.94mg, 10% 18th March 1.74mg, 10% 20th March 1.57mg, 10% 21st March 1.41mg, 10% 22nd March 1.26mg, 10% 23rd March 1.13mg, 10% 24th March 1.01mg, 10% 25th March 0.9mg, 10% 27th March 0.81mg, 10% 29th March 0.73mg, 10% 31st March 0.66mg, 10% 2nd April 0.59mg , 10% 4th April 0.53mg, 10% 6th April 0.47mg, 10% 8th April 0.42mg, 10%10th April 0.37mg, 11th April 0.2mg, 12th April 0.1mg (last dose) OFF! 
  • Fluoxetine 40mg ~December 2016 -.31 Jan 2018 reduced to 20mg (probable serotonin toxicity) 10th March 2020 10mg, 7th April 9mg, 1st May 8.5mg, 15th May 8.0mg, 27th May 7.5mg, 8th Sept 7.2mg, 2nd Oct 7mg, 19th Oct 6.8mg, 28th Oct 6.6mg 
  • Diazepam 10mg ~ 22nd Oct 2018, 10th November 8mg, 14th Nov 7mg, 8th December 6mg, 30th December 5mg (Nocte), 7th March 2019 4.5mg,14th March 4mg, 5th April 3.5mg, 9th April 3mg, 18th April 2.5mg,1st May 2mg, 17th May 1.75mg, 25th May 1.6mg, 4th June 1.59mg, 5th June 1.58mg, 6th June 1.57mg, 7th June 1.56mg, 8th June 1.55mg, 22nd June 1.4mg, 4th July 1.2mg, 16th July 1mg, 30th July 0.8mg, 13th Aug 0.6mg, 28th Aug 0.4mg, 10th Sept 0.2mg, 23rd Sept Off! 

"Whenever you feel yourself doubting how far you can go,  just remember how far you have come.  Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome"    Unknown 

AliG
9 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

I don’t really have anything encouraging to write. Life is hard on many levels right now. My daughter has ‘disowned’ me whatever that means, and I guess that includes her husband and son... my grandson. It’s a nasty affair, the fallout from her sisters marriage break up. Her husband is best friends with the ex husband so they have taken his side. There are no winning sides though, we are all losers in this. The only winners are those dreadful emotions, hurt, anger, bitterness, resentment. 

In in all honesty I am probably coping better than I thought I would. I guess in many ways I am stable on 2mg lexapro. I am not falling apart. Not bedridden. I am living. It’s not the best form of living but this is life and this is what has been handed to me at this time. 

I'm so sorry LRH. Life can be hard with many knocks along the way. I have some sadness around my eldest son as well as issues with my father, so I feel your pain. It can be tough at the best of times, dealing with life issues and sadness but in withdrawal it can be exceptionally excruciating, particularly if you are experiencing neuro - emotions. 

I always had those, as a symptom ~  "emotions on steroids" and occasionally I still struggle. It's nothing like it was ~ it's just enough to remind me how very challenging it was back in the beginning. Having said that, occasionally it can still be a challenge.

9 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

In in all honesty I am probably coping better than I thought I would. I guess in many ways I am stable on 2mg lexapro.

This is a good sign and as you have said ok is good enough for right now.  :)  As long as you are moving forward, that is all that matters in the grand scheme of things ...

I mean learning to cope in non - drug ways.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

I would hold at that dose for a while - It's a low dose but it can be so very tricky from this point on, as you know. I would get some stability behind me before tapering further as you are now beyond the very steep part of the curve, where every little increment counts and can often be quite severely felt.

Why taper? Paper demonstrates importance of gradual change in plasma concentration

Ali

Edited by AliG
added extra link

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Marmot

Hey, I'm so sorry about your family's fight. Just so I understand, you have taken the side of your daughter after her divorce with her husband; however, her sister and family are all taking the husband's side, and at the same time disowning you for siding with your own daughter? This is so complicated, there must be negative zooming emotions everywhere. I hope that it all passes in time and your daughters can reconcile this somehow and let you relax a bit. 

2004: Occasional Clonazepam, and I think Celexa. 2005 - 2006: Effexor, then increased to high dose, then switched to Valproate, then Seroquel. 2007: Wellbutrin + Strattera + Celexa. 2007 - 2008: Wellbutrin + Adderall + Paxil. 2008 - 2012: Wellbutrin + occasional SSRIs when I had worsened "depression", which happened around 4 times, usually after CT of WB. 2012 - 2014: WB + Sertraline, then WB + Pristiq (awful W/D) then WB + rTMS, then random experimental meds. 2014 - 2016: Wellbutrin 200 mg + Abilify 2-4 mg + Adderall 20-40 mg + Cipralex 20 mg. Oct 2016: "Tapered" Cipralex, felt outrageously anxious, irritable. Dec 2016: "Tapered" Adderall, then felt depressed, hopeless, fatigued.  Feb 6 2017: reinstated 20 mg Adderall. Mar 2017: switched to Vyvanse, upped to 30 mg. May - Aug 2017: "Tapered" Vyvanse + Abilify to zero. Oct 25, 2017: Wellbutrin from 200 to 100 mg. Sep 10, 2018:  Wellbutrin from 90 to 60 mg. Oct 29, 2018: WB from 60 to 50 mg. Dec 19, 2018: WB from 50 to 45 mg. Apr 15, 2019: WB 41 mg. May 14, 2019: WB 37 mg. Jun 8, 2019: WB 33 mg. Jul 22: WB 30 mg. 

Working hard to take my life back from pharma. Anything I say here is as a friend or peer supporter; it is not medical advice.

Thelongestroadhome
On 28/03/2018 at 7:28 PM, AliG said:

I'm so sorry LRH. Life can be hard with many knocks along the way. I have some sadness around my eldest son as well as issues with my father, so I feel your pain. It can be tough at the best of times, dealing with life issues and sadness but in withdrawal it can be exceptionally excruciating, particularly if you are experiencing neuro - emotions. 

I always had those, as a symptom ~  "emotions on steroids" and occasionally I still struggle. It's nothing like it was ~ it's just enough to remind me how very challenging it was back in the beginning. Having said that, occasionally it can still be a challenge.

This is a good sign and as you have said ok is good enough for right now.  :)  As long as you are moving forward, that is all that matters in the grand scheme of things ...

I mean learning to cope in non - drug ways.

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

I would hold at that dose for a while - It's a low dose but it can be so very tricky from this point on, as you know. I would get some stability behind me before tapering further as you are now beyond the very steep part of the curve, where every little increment counts and can often be quite severely felt.

Why taper? Paper demonstrates importance of gradual change in plasma concentration

Ali

Thank you Ali For your sweet reply. Sorry it’s taken so long for me to respond. I’ve been in a glorious window and wanted to stay away from here while it lasted!

Thelongestroadhome
On 09/04/2018 at 1:55 PM, Marmot said:

Hey, I'm so sorry about your family's fight. Just so I understand, you have taken the side of your daughter after her divorce with her husband; however, her sister and family are all taking the husband's side, and at the same time disowning you for siding with your own daughter? This is so complicated, there must be negative zooming emotions everywhere. I hope that it all passes in time and your daughters can reconcile this somehow and let you relax a bit. 

Yes, that’s about it 😢 my daughters husband works with the sisters ex and they are best friends. It has split our family in two. Not nice at all. 

Thelongestroadhome

I have been having a lovely window and it has been pure joy to experience that after months of withdrawal symptoms. It gives me hope that I am healing. I will never make such a big drop as I did last time again. Lesson well and truly learned. Peace and a sense of well-being is such a wonderful gift, especially in the midst of family turmoil. It really amazes me that healing can take place during such times!

wantrelief

This is great to hear you have experienced a wonderful window, especially when you are under stress.....it is really good to know that can happen!  I am so happy for you!

Rosetta

Oh, that's wonderful, LRH.  I'm so pleased for you. -R

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

Kristine
16 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

I have been having a lovely window and it has been pure joy to experience that after months of withdrawal symptoms. It gives me hope that I am healing. I will never make such a big drop as I did last time again. Lesson well and truly learned. Peace and a sense of well-being is such a wonderful gift, especially in the midst of family turmoil. It really amazes me that healing can take place during such times!

This is the most wonderful news LRH! I am so happy for you :wub: Much Love and hugs. K xo

Thelongestroadhome

Thank you everyone, it was nice while it lasted. Now I am back in a bad way, the worst I have felt in a long time. Perhaps it was the pride before the fall. Pretty awful how you can go from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time. I guess that is what withdrawal is all about. 

Today my anxiety is so bad. I am consumed with health anxiety for no particular reason. Body checks, googling symptoms, runaway thoughts..............I am not doing much to help myself. I am currently going with the flow and that is not a good place to be. I know what I should be doing but feel too low to fight. 

I will be o.k. I have the toolbox waiting for me. I just need to rise up and get it. Then put it in to practice. 

Rosetta

I'm so sorry.  This WD is just unbelievable.  Let's hope this is short lived for you. Hugs, Rosetta

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

Kristine
On 15/04/2018 at 3:51 PM, Longestroadhome said:

Thank you everyone, it was nice while it lasted. Now I am back in a bad way, the worst I have felt in a long time. Perhaps it was the pride before the fall. Pretty awful how you can go from one extreme to the other in such a short space of time. I guess that is what withdrawal is all about. 

Today my anxiety is so bad. I am consumed with health anxiety for no particular reason. Body checks, googling symptoms, runaway thoughts..............I am not doing much to help myself. I am currently going with the flow and that is not a good place to be. I know what I should be doing but feel too low to fight. 

I will be o.k. I have the toolbox waiting for me. I just need to rise up and get it. Then put it in to practice. 

Hey my friend,  Due to my cog fog brain I thought I had responded to you...but Ive been thinking of you...looked up your thread and realised I hadn't written anything (all in my mind) :( doh! How are you going? Did you find anything helpful in your toolbox? I'm really hoping another window has opened for you :wub: :wub::wub:

Carmie
On 15/04/2018 at 3:51 PM, Longestroadhome said:

Hello longestroadhome from another fellow Aussie,

Im so sorry you’re in a bad wave at the moment. How is that toolbox of yours going?

sending hugs

Been on antipsychotics, benzos, antidepressants and painkillers for chronic pain. 

Have been cold turkeyed and put on and off all sorts of things.  Was suicidal n ended up in a psych ward because I had akathisia from withdrawals. I can’t remember what I was put on but when I was released was in the same predicament with severe akathisia n was suicidal again.

Back to the psych ward and I was given a number of different drugs while there. Tapered off one when I got home n have been trying to taper off Seroquel since. It’s been years, tapering slowly but still having severe withdrawals.

I’ve  tapered from 300mg of Seroquel to 7.5mg./ March 10th 2019=7.25mg / 17th of April 2019= 7mg / June 5th=6.75mg/ July 14th=6.50mg/ 28th of August=6.25mg/ 10th of Oct= 6.20mg/ 21st October 6mg/ 16th of December 5.80mg/21st of January 5.60mg/

I AM NOT A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL. These are my own views based on what I’ve experienced myself.

Thelongestroadhome

How do I reply to three people in one quote? This computer stuff is beyond me at the best of times. Thank You Rosetta, Kristine and Carmie for taking the time to write here. I will come visit your threads shortly. 

I discovered something important in my withdrawal which which may or may not help others in a similar situation. Liquid Lexapro in Australia comes in a 20ml dose bottle. 1mg is equivalent to 20ml. Because I only take 2mg a bottle last a long time ( good job cause it’s bloody expensive!) my dip in mood last week coincided with an almost empty bottle. When I took a better look I realised that I had been drawing air in to the syringe with very little liquid. That had probably been the case for a number of days. It is anyone’s guess how much liquid I had been dosing but my guess is way under the 2mg dose I am on. My husband said that he can always tell when my liquid has reached almost empty because of my dip in mood. Is it the measuring inaccuracies towards the end or is it the used by date after opening has expired. Obviously the dose I am on means it last a lot longer than it normally would. Interesting that my husband has noticed that. So in future I need to purchase a new bottle before It gets to almost empty. 

It has taken five days of dosing at 2mg from a brand new bottle before my mood stabilised. It has been a very rough week. 

Mental note to myself ‘ This drug is powerful and any little discrepancies will bite you in the bum’ I think that’s an old Chinese Proverb 😜

Happy2Heal
24 minutes ago, Longestroadhome said:

Mental note to myself ‘ This drug is powerful and any little discrepancies will bite you in the bum’ I think that’s an old Chinese Proverb 😜

hahaha yes I think you're right!

and I agree,  lexapro is an extremely powerful drug

I jumped off at 2.5mgs and crashed very badly!! the lower you go, the worse it is.

I reinstated at only 0.3mgs!!!! and I did that in stages, adding 0.05 mgs at a time, and I could feel each and every tiny bit I added! it's incredible.

good for you for figuring out what was happening, so you can correct it going forward. sorry you suffered those mood dips though, that sucks. but at least now you can avoid that.

how are you doing overall? sorry if you already posted, I've not been able  to keep up with everyone's posts :/

this is good for me, very busy and happily so, but I feel like I'm neglecting my friends here

and for that I apologize.

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total)
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictalBrief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. I tried to get off it several times. WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 tapered down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again, too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". Crashed in Sept, reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, current age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content 

davidcpp

Hi LRH! :)

Regarding stability of Lexapro what you've written and experienced is consistent with what brassmonkey wrote about month ago in my topic:

There is very little information available on the expiration of pharmacy liquids.  Everything on line points to the printed limit of 8 weeks.  I know other members use it past that time, but there has been some indication that problems start to show up if it is used past 16 weeks.  It appears that it loses potency and can cause a spike in WD symptoms as a result.

Your experience confirms that potency of the drug is starting to decrease after 16 weeks. For you 16 weeks = 112 doses x 2mg = 224mg. Are you sure the bottle is 20ml, not 15ml? I have 15ml bottle and it seems that in the most of countries there is such bottle and it is standard. It is a website for lexapro for Australia: https://www.nps.org.au/medical-info/medicine-finder/lexapro-oral-solution.

With 15ml it is 300mg of the drug in bottle and it would match more to losing potency after 16 weeks or little more than with 20ml bottle. Maybe you weren't starting to feel negative results after smaller potency losses after about 16 weeks or it resulted from latency in registering dosage changes by your body.

17 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

When I took a better look I realised that I had been drawing air in to the syringe with very little liquid. That had probably been the case for a number of days.

Do I understand correctly that you draw with a syringe directly from bottle measured amount of liquid? I think that better idea is to measure the drug by drops (1 mg/1 drop according to my leaflet) and dissolve drops in water. With dosages that aren't multiple of 1mg only need to draw proportional amount of liquid from our water solution.

Example for 1.8mg: 2 drops (2mg) to 100ml of water and draw 90ml of this solution to receive 1.8mg.

17 hours ago, Longestroadhome said:

1mg is equivalent to 20ml.

I understand, you meant 1ml is equivalent to 20mg (in 1ml there is 20mg)? What you've written would mean that whole bottle would have 1mg of the drug ;)

Sending hugs, Davidcpp ;) 

3/21/2014 - Escitalopram Actavis 5mg (half of a pill) every day. 

6/1/2014 - Escitalopram 10mg  

2/1/2015 - Escitalopram  5mg  

3/1/2015  Escitalopram 5mg /every 2 days, every 3 days... up to every 6 days

6/30/2015 trying to withdraw totally - I kept waiting until the eleventh day but withdrawal was too strong so reinstated 

7/2/2015 Escitalopram 5mg / every 6 days 

8/27/2015 - Increasing to Escitalopram 2.5mg / per day - a lot of withdrawal symptoms , not sure what to do ....

2015:  12/30 - 2.2mg; 
2016:  2/2 - 1.9mg  4/9 - 1.7mg  5/10 - 1.55mg  6/11 - 1.4mg  7/3 - 1.25mg  7/24 - 1.1mg  8/16 - 1.0mg  9/7 - 0.9mg
2017:  1/24 - 0.8mg  2/14 - 0.7mg  3/4 - 0.64mg  3/19 - 0.58mg  3/30 - 0.53mg  4/16 - 0.48mg  4/29 - 0.43mg  5/26 - 0.37mg  7/1 - 0.32mg  8/6 - 0.26mg  27/08 - 0.21mg  
2018:  2/16 - 0.186mg;  (change to liquid) 3/19 - 0.145mg  4/3 - 0.13mg  4/22 - 0.12mg