Wanttheoldme: I Really Messed Up!

Wanttheoldme

I’ve taken  a combination  of Celexa & Wellbutrin for several years. Dosage has increased over time. Celexa is 40 Mgs. @ once per day. Wellbutrin is 100 Mgs @ twice per day. Occasionally miss a day from time to time but haven’t tried removing them from my daily routine until now. Christmas Eve was my 2nd day without meds. I was drinking beer and Manhattans all day. I suddenly had an incredible & violent outburst and attacked both of my nephews to the point where it got bloody and the police had to come. I’ve basically ruined my relationship with my family. I don’t know what happened and I don’t know who I was and I was impossible to contain by two men twice my size. It was almost like a PCP induced rage attack. Today is day 5 without meds. I’ve been trying to do all sorts of research to try to work on myself. I’m going to see a Psychiatrist and I’m eliminating hard liquor from my life...won’t be a problem. The reason I chose to not take my meds is because I wanted to be more outgoing and lively for the holidays and my house guests. That backfired horribly! I’m in a horrible state of shame and depression.
Edited by Shep
added username to title

40 Mgs Celexa x 1 per day

100 Mgs Wellbutrin x 2 per day

Been on Celexa for a decade

Been on Wellbutrin for 5 years 

Have tried to quite cold turkey a few times

Hi WTOM. I'm sorry ~ it was probably a bad time to quit Cold Turkey : although there is never really, a good time. Are you ok, now? It's not you - it's the drugs and their effect. 

Would you please put your drug history in your signature and we can then offer advice on your particular situation.

Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

Once we have more information, we will be in a better position to help. It may be that a small reinstatement may help to alleviate some withdrawal symptoms.

Welcome to S.A.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Thank you AliG. I’ve completed my signature and look forward to more input. I’m doing okay, although feel family relationships are severely damaged and I’m feeling a lot of shame. Me, my Wife & 3 young boys are all doing okay and look forward to a healing New Year!  

40 Mgs Celexa x 1 per day

100 Mgs Wellbutrin x 2 per day

Been on Celexa for a decade

Been on Wellbutrin for 5 years 

Have tried to quite cold turkey a few times

If you quit cold turkey ~ it can be dangerous particularly if alcohol is involved. Is there a reason that you are on 2 antidepressants?

If it were me, I would perhaps start by reinstating Celexa , but not at full dose ~ maybe 20 mg to start with, and see how you go. Please keep daily notes as it takes about 4 days for the dose to register in the system.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Having those drugs + alcohol in your system it is very possible a raging mess could develop. Add withdrawal into the mix and I can imagine the end result would be bad. I'm sorry and I totally understand how you feel because I also have a lot of shame and embarrassment from some of the Zoloft rage, sometimes with alcohol, reactions that I've had. It even happened during the withdrawal without alcohol. It's embarrassing to remember how I acted on these drugs. If I had to everything over again I would have not went cold turkey this time. You are still very early into this, so if it were me I would reinstate like the lady said above and taper slowly. I would also not attempt to stop both drugs at once. If you look all around online, even just this site, that is never recommended. Your brain has become dependent on both drugs so ripping them both away at the same you are bound to have some type of reaction. You can search your drugs in the search bar here and it will pull up other threads of people who have went through this on the same drugs you are taking. It at least gives me some comfort when I search that I know I'm not alone and it's not just me. 

2000 or 2001 drugged with LSD (I add this to the list due to it also affecting serotonin and 5-ht receptors.)
2000 or 2001 Dr gives me Paxil for the resulting severe anxiety from the LSD. Quit after few weeks
2000 or 2001 Dr gives me buspur without washing out Paxil bad
2000 or 2001  started "non habit forming" Zoloft 50mg
Between 2008-2010 cut down to 25 mg (still the name brand) no problems.
2012 quit Zoloft completely. No real problems I recall. 
2014 or 2015 Tried to restart Zoloft. Stopped. Then started again. Serious problems. 
2014-2015 Xanax 1 mg no problems starting or stopping

2017 March Tried to increase Zoloft from 12.5 and suddenly stopped. Severe withdrawal ever since. 
2017 March Prescribed Allegra. Steroids, numerous antibiotics
2017 June Prescribed Ativan, Valium, Klonopin all bad reactions.
2017 August Prescribed more xanax .50 and no longer tolerated