Dalalea: Effexor for 1 month in 2010 then Sertraline 2010 of July 2017

Dalalea

I've been a widow and single mom since 2004. I have a history of asthma, osteoarthritis, and slightly elevated blood pressure that is controlled. I am very sensitive to many antibiotics and blood pressure meds so it is hard for me to find something that works but doesn't cause horrible side effects. I have a very short list of "approved by me" prescription medicines.

My doctor suggested I try an antidepressant when I mentioned some off and on depression in 2010. She prescribed Effexor first which was unbearable to me as it caused brain zaps and extreme dizziness. She switched me to Sertaline at the smallest dose. It didn't have the same effects so I got used to it. My depression mostly disappeared and I thought I was fixed. I only felt side effects if I skipped a day.

In 2015, I started having memory loss. Not every day, but on and off. I might wake up in the morning and take a longer than normal time to determine the day and if I had anything going on that morning. It was such an unnerving and scary feeling! I noticed a harder time retrieving names and words. I was a teacher and trainer and it really scared me! I started researching side effects and found that it's quite common to have trouble with memory when on antidepressants. I also noticed that, although I didn't have worrying or depressing thoughts as often, I also had begun to notice that I didn't care about so many important things in my life. It was like I had an even setting but not a true joy. I also was able to completely ignore important things that a little worry helps keep me motivated to get accomplished. I felt unconcerned about deadlines when in the past, that same concern would have helped me accomplish more.I tried to take myself off that year but soon went back on because of brain zaps and dizziness.

In June 2017, I decided to start cutting the pills in half and then quarters over a two month period. I used Benedryl to help with sleep (as I had seen suggested somewhere online) and was finally able to get completely off of Sertraline. I thought it was finished and done until the middle of September when I started having strange symptoms. I had just returned from a month long trip to Europe so I thought my body was just recovering from travel. It's now December and I still have the symptoms so I figure it has to be the withdrawal. I went back to researching and found this site!

Here are the withdrawal symptoms I'm dealing with now:

• on and off depression that lasts for 2-4 days at a time
  • poor appetite and some weight loss (I gained about 20 while on Sertraline)
  • tension and pain in isolated muscle groups that moves around
  • numbness, cold or hot feeling in feet
  • burning soles on both feet after standing and walking for a little while
  • fatigue and low energy feelings
  • waking up in early morning not able to sleep again
  • anxious or catastrophic thoughts and worries
  • constant sinus issues (I do have allergies but usually not year round.)

This forum has already calmed many of my worries because I've seen many of these symptoms listed by others!

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dalalea

• Rosetta

• Frogie

• DaveB

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderator Emeritus
Hello, Dalalea, and welcome to SurvivingAntidepressnts.  

I'm glad you found your way here and that the forum has been of comfort for you.  The symptoms you list are very typical of withdrawal.  

We ask all of our members to fill out a signature so that all of your information can be read at a glance.  This helps moderators determine you current situation and we would ask that you follow the instructions at the link below.

•    Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
 •    A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
 •    Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
 •    Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
 •    Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.

To help you deal with withdrawal, the techniques in this link have proven helpful to many members.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Please research all supplements first and only add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems. 

To get you started, and familiarized with the protocols followed by SA, I am linking to a few topics so that you have a better understanding of what is recommended here. 

This Introduction page is your place to ask questions and give updates.

Best, 
Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Thank you for the links, Gridley!

I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me until I started researching. I had no idea that WD could wait so long (2 months) to appear and take so many forms! I'm still glad I was able to get off of it. I don't think I was ever severe enough for medication in the first place!

Does my signature look ok?

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

When I tapered off of Sertraline in June/July 2017, I was very busy planning a big trip at the time I had a bit of insomnia  and a few brain zaps but not much at all. 

I left for Europe in mid August thinking that it was much easier to get off the med than I first feared. I felt wonderful the whole time. 

Three  days after getting home in mid September and working through some jet lag, I had a night with extremely cold feet. Next morning, they felt a little numb. I thought it must be my lower back acting up. I still have it on and off after 3 months. With in a month I was experiencing more severe depression than I’d ever known! 

It wasn’t until I started researching and found this site that I realized what was happening to me. I’ve never heard of a delayed response to withdrawal but now  I’m sure my many and ever-changing symptoms can be explained by this! 

My theory is that I was running on adrenaline due to the constant change of scenery at that time and the jet lag weekened me. Or, maybe it really was just a delay and I was very lucky to get home before it started. 

Dalalea's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

Dalalea,

Thanks for posting your signature.  It looks great.

Alto posted this a while back regarding delayed withdrawal:

"Reasons why withdrawal symptoms may not be immediately apparent:

• "Washout," related to drug half-life, takes some time; minute amounts of drug in the body holding off withdrawal symptoms (particularly with long half-life drugs such as Prozac, where washout takes weeks).

• Outright misdiagnosis and mistreatment of withdrawal symptoms, causing worsening of condition.

• Symptoms are attributed to something else, such as the flu or situational stress.

• Symptoms may be mild initially and the person doesn't pay any attention to them.

• Symptoms of nervous system instability might initially be very mild with the homeostasis gradually deteriorating over time, producing more severe, noticeable symptoms.

• Other ???"

And your theory--distraction of your trip--could also explain it.  

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Dalalea: Effexor for 1 month in 2010 then Sertraline 2010 of July of 2017
  • 2 weeks later...

It’s been almost a month since I first found this sight and realized what was happening to me. I’ve been using the checklist I found here to keep track of my symptoms and am amazed at how up and down my symptoms have been. I have days with only 2-3 symptoms noted and other days with totals near 20. 

Two weeks ago, I came down with the actual flu. Since then, I’ve had more severe wd symptoms. I’m having a difficult time getting my energy back. 

Looking back at my introduction, I see that some things have improved. My numb, burning feet and toes have gotten much better. I’m not having as severe of depression as in November and December. 

The checklist has been good because it helps me see that they are just data on symptoms and have an explanation. 

Looking at my checklist, I notice the most tallies for:

• detached, unreal feeling
  • anxious thoughts, worrying
  • Digestive issues
  • muscle pain and stiffness
  • hungover feeling
  • tinnitus (every day!)
  • loss of appetite 
  • low energy
  • insomnia

Of course, some of these were made worse by my bought of the flu. I’m hoping to be able to drop some of these symptoms in the next month. 

Dalalea's Introduction

Side effects I experienced while taking Sertraline/ Zoloft.

• Indigestion
  • Reflux (put on the purple pill for that and took myself off!}
  • Heartburn
  • Some swallowing difficulties
  • Allergies worstening
  • Fatigue
  • Malaise
  • Osteoarthritis
  • Joint stiffness
  • Dizziness (fell several times}
  • I gained almost 30 pounds without any ability to lose
  • Anhedonia {Decreased ability to feel emotions or empathy in some situations)
  • Memory problems (last year I began waking up not knowing what day it was or what activities I had planned. It would last almost a minute before I could clear my mind enough to think and was extremely scary and uncomfortable.)

Some of these side effects have gone since I tapered off last summer.

• I'm down more than 20 pounds
  • Memory is much better
  • Digestive issues are much improved
  • Joint stiffness is better

Some of the side effects have moved to the withdrawal symptoms category. I'm hoping that they start leaving in the next few months!

Dalalea's Introduction

January 2018 Symptom Data -------

Last month I made a symptom checklist and recorded, by tallying, my symptoms of WD from Sertraline. It really helped me when I took data because it seemed more separate from my actual self when I could analyze it on paper. I've been analyzing that data and creating a new checklist for February by taking off symptoms that I never experienced and adding a few that weren't on the last checklist but might need to be.

Things to note about Jan 2018 when looking at the data:

• I took a very long distance road trip (5 days) early in the month with 2 days of 13 hours of travel, but in which I felt pretty good and clocked 12 miles of walking nature trails.
  • I contracted influenza A and was very sick for a week (on tamiflu and decongestants) then ended with a sinus infection that I'm still fighting with an antibiotic and steroid because I have asthma.

The 2nd item probably skewed the results to a high degree. My energy hasn't returned. I am trying to walk a few times a week but haven't felt like going to my yoga class yet. I still have major fogginess in my brain that really intensified when I got sick. It feels like my brain is made of cotton!

Here are the symptoms that were tallied in January more than half of the month's days (highest to lowest):

* possible this is more from the flu?

days- symptoms

31-     tinnitus

24-     low energy

24-     hungover/waterlogged feeling

20-     numbness in feet

20-     detached/ unreal feelings

17-     lightheaded/ fogginess *

17-     muscle cramps/ stiffness *

15-     digestive problems *

I will try to make a plan for February to address some of these issues using:

• healthy diet
  • look at my supplements
  • use essential oils as support
  • try for exercise every 2-3 days

withdrawal symptoms.xlsx

Edited by Altostrata
deleted file at request of poster

Dalalea's Introduction

Let me keep my window!                           -                    -

I've had a little window today!

It lasted all day - minus the hour at the grocery store where I had very blurry vision and some fogginess over where to find some items on my list. I found everything and felt much better when I got back home. Now I don't want to go to sleep because I'm afraid my window will be gone tomorrow and I'll be in a wave again!

Dalalea's Introduction

My window has lasted all weekend! It doesn't feel like a "normal" feeling but much more stable and pleasant than last week. I took care of several household chores, did some advanced cooking to help with when I don't feel like cooking, and even had my two grand kids over night (with the help of one of my daughters)! I really needed this as flu recovery has been long and hard during the last month. 

The entire weekend was spent at home where I tend to feel better anyway. My last two trips to the grocery store were uncomfortable and tiring.

I'm working on a plan to build in some things that I think might help me start healing. Coming soon!

Dalalea's Introduction

• ChessieCat changed the title to Dalalea: Effexor for 1 month in 2010 then Sertraline 2010 of July 2017

3 Dreams – Snakes, a Shopping Mall, and Rubble  :rolleyes:  (Caution! Spiritual!)

Yesterday morning I had two vivid dreams just before morning. I don’t usually spend much time thinking about my dreams, but these seemed very special.

snakes

In the first dream, I was lying on my bed. I looked up and noticed a snake coiled in and around my ceiling fan. It just stared at me and coiled its body tighter. My thoughts were, “How did that snake get up there?” and “Who do I call to help get snakes out of ceiling fans?”

About that time, other people in the house started commenting on the snakes in the other ceiling fans. We found several but then noticed with relief that some were only lizards. “Whew!” I briefly awoke to find no snake in my actual ceiling fan.

------

a shopping mall

It was early, so I drifted off again. This time, I was in a large, crowded shopping mall that I had just inherited! I walked through the halls and looked at the many stores full of people. I decided to try to find out how people felt about the mall, so I could make it even better.

I sat down next to a man in the food court and started asking him about his experiences there. He answered my questions in a friendly way. Then, he asked why I wanted to know. I told him I had recently found myself to be the owner of this complex and I wasn’t sure what to do about it.

Immediately, his demeanor changed, and he became very angry with me! He began asking questions about people I didn’t know with whom he, obviously, had horrible disagreements. He stormed off and I went wandering again; a little confused with the conversation.

As I walked back into the food court I saw that the man I’d been talking to now had a news crew, camera and microphone in tow, with him and they were coming to find me. I had no answers for their angry questions and abruptly awoke.

------

Last night, I told a couple of friends about the dreams at our little Bible study and they agreed that the dreams had meaning.

I think the snakes are the changes that the antidepressant I was taking had made in my brain; a myriad of symptoms, that I log on a spreadsheet, so I can see improvement. The snakes are trying to hold on and keep my brain from healing. Maybe the lizards are other worries that I have, that take my joy, are not as serious, but still there. In the dream, I was wondering who I could turn to for help to remove the snakes. My friends and I came to the same conclusion at the same moment. Turning to God is the simple answer.

The mall dream probably represents this whole withdrawal situation that I entered; totally clueless and unprepared for, when I made the decision to stop the antidepressant I’d been taking for so many years. I had never heard of withdrawal that begins months after the last pill is swallowed. I hadn’t done my research before stopping the medication and naively skipped on through; until I didn’t. Now, I’m having to do the research, after the fact, when I already own the mall.

The angry man might be me, also. I am a little angry over the lost time as I struggle through.

------

My friends helped their brain-foggy friend research supplements, and essential oils that might help. Then, they prayed with me. It was very comforting to have people listen to me as I describe the endless, lonely muddling through of my days.

I showed them the healing affirmations from Bible verses that I’ve been reading aloud to myself morning and evening. They agreed that that needed to remain in my plan.

I went home in a good mood, feeling like I was on the right path.

------

rubble

This morning, just before waking, I had another dream. This time I was standing barefoot in a pile of stones and rubble.

As I contemplated the mess, I heard God tell me, “I am building something new in you.” When I awoke, I found the verse it reminded me of.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
     See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up;
     do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the
     wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
                                       -Isaiah 43:18-19

I truly believe that, and it gives me hope.

Dalalea's Introduction

I wish I could share my window with everyone struggling right now. It doesn't work that way so I'll settle for sharing this so others can see that it happens.

I finally got to take a trip to see my sisters this week. That alone has been very healing for me.

This is the 4th day of a window that started after my 3rd dream (see my post above)! I'm experiencing very few WD symptoms right now and it feels wonderful!

Last week at this time I was having major symptoms with no hope in sight. I'm thankful for every minute I can feel a little bit normal each day.

The symptoms that remain are:

• tinnitus
  • insomnia
  • sinus congestion

The last two nights have been difficult as far as sleep goes.  Last night it was 4:00a when I finally fell asleep. We'll see if the magnesium I picked up today helps with that.            

Dalalea's Introduction

I'm still experiencing the same window as above. It's now been 6 days! The severe brain fog is still gone. It would be wonderful if it could stay like this! Maybe?

I had great sleep last night (7 hours only interrupted one time)  after several nights of insomnia.

Symptoms:

• Tinnitus
  • sinus congestion

The tinnitus is still there and some days, gets loud! It's moderate at the moment, with sort of a pulsing ring. I can ignore this level most of the time but if I try to concentrate on it, it makes me feel a little sick.

I'm hoping that because I'm still having sinus congestion and ear plugging, I'm hoping I can get that cleared up and it will help the tinnitus, also. I'm afraid to take anything but Mucinex for my sinuses.

Dalalea's Introduction

On 2/11/2018 at 10:35 AM, Dalalea said:

I'm still experiencing the same window as above. It's now been 6 days! The severe brain fog is still gone. It would be wonderful if it could stay like this! Maybe?

I had great sleep last night (7 hours only interrupted one time)  after several nights of insomnia.

Symptoms:

• Tinnitus
  • sinus congestion

The tinnitus is still there and some days, gets loud! It's moderate at the moment, with sort of a pulsing ring. I can ignore this level most of the time but if I try to concentrate on it, it makes me feel a little sick.

I'm hoping that because I'm still having sinus congestion and ear plugging, I'm hoping I can get that cleared up and it will help the tinnitus, also. I'm afraid to take anything but Mucinex for my sinuses.

Woo Hoo! This is what lasting healing looks like. It has got to feel great to be off of medicine and experiencing such windows. I wish I would have been tough like you and waited out my Zoloft withdrawals last year rather than jumping from medication to medication on Drs orders, but what is done is done and I will move forward with where I am at. Congrats to you, you seem so very close to a full recovery.

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

3 minutes ago, DaveB said:

tough like you

Ha! Or chicken? Just kidding, but I've always been sensitive to medicines so I have the whole avoidance reflex going most of the time! Doctors are not amused with me! 

Seriously though, I had one medicine to deal with. I admire you and others that are trying to juggle how to get off more than one.

I look forward to the process of updating my progress. It seems to help!

Hang in there! You're headed in the right direction!

Dalalea's Introduction

2 hours ago, Dalalea said:

Seriously though, I had one medicine to deal with. I admire you and others that are trying to juggle how to get off more than one.

Yes, and this time last year so did I. The "smallest" dose of 50mgs Zoloft. Since then I have ridden the medical merry-go-round and it just made things so much worse. Wish I would have known then what I know now, things would have been much different. Oh well can't go back, just need to move forward. Yes I do feel I am headed in the right direction finally, even if I question it every time my anxiety flares up.

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

On 2/17/2018 at 2:45 PM, DaveB said:

Oh well can't go back, just need to move forward. Yes I do feel I am headed in the right direction finally, even if I question it every time my anxiety flares up.

I'm glad you can see the way forward, even if it's difficult. Sometimes I think I miss the "old days" when I was on Zoloft but it's a trick of my memory. I forget that I was having scary memory problems, lots of extra weight, fatigue, malaise, joint pain, and a complete lack of joy in my life. I go read my side effects list and change my mind! That's the only safe way for me to "go back".

I'm saying a prayer for you to stay strong and keep moving forward.

Dalalea's Introduction

Hi It was nice to get your note on my thread.  I'm glad you are doing so well.  A six day window is wonderful! --Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

February 2018 Symptom Data -------

In February, I continued my symptom checklist and recorded, by tallying, my symptoms of WD from Sertraline. The two months are like night and day. I've been analyzing that data and creating a new checklist for March by, again, taking off symptoms that I never experienced and adding a few that weren't on the last checklist but might need to be.

Things to note about February 2018 when looking at the data:

• ·       Memory is improving but not totally back when searching for the right term once in a while.
  • ·       Sense of smell is returning!
  • ·       Numbness in feet is lessening

First, I’ll look back a month. (I wish I had kept checklists October through December.)

Here are the symptoms that were tallied in January on more than half of the month's days (highest to lowest):

* possible this is more from the flu?

days- symptoms

31-     tinnitus

24-     low energy

24-     hungover/waterlogged feeling

20-     numbness in feet

20-     detached/ unreal feelings

17-     lightheaded/ fogginess *

17-     muscle cramps/ stiffness *

15-     digestive problems *

Here are the symptoms that were tallied in February that were on last month’s list or have appeared this month. Using the criteria of “experienced more than half of the days” I would only be able to list 1 symptom! I had to change the “more than half of the month's days” to 4 or more days during the month. That is a huge difference and I know for sure that I’m in a window! Thank you, Lord!

(highest to lowest):

days- symptoms

28-     tinnitus

12-     sinus congestion/allergies

9-       numbness in feet

6-       digestive problems

5-       itching/rash

5-       muscle cramps/ stiffness

4-       detached/ unreal feelings

I'm so thankful for the window!

Edited by ChessieCat
reduced some font size

Dalalea's Introduction

Account help?

How do I delete an attachment so I can use my attachment space better? I have a picture in my attachments that is taking up all my space.

Thank you!

Dalalea's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, Dalalea said:

Account help?

How do I delete an attachment so I can use my attachment space better? I have a picture in my attachments that is taking up all my space.

Thank you!

Go to your name top right, click on drop down arrow and click on Attachments.  Do you have a rubbish bin icon on the right hand side of an attachment?

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Do you have a rubbish bin icon

No rubbish bin. Only how many downloads.

Dalalea's Introduction

Your checklists have almost the same number of symptoms, but they are mostly different ones at least.  Things are changing.  I'm sorry to see you have detached/unreal feelings.  They are very odd.  You've no anxiety since December?  That's fantastic!  

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

It's funny how fast I forget about the symptoms from 2 months ago. That's the reason I need it written on paper! When I look at January's chart, I have a difficult time remembering having a tally of 15 - 18 daily symptoms and what it felt like. I only knew I felt terrible! I do seem to be in a window. Still experiencing insomnia part of the time, and tinnitus that never goes away.

Thank you for looking over my monthly data analysis! It helps to have input from others.

I hope your symptoms aren't too bad right now.

Dalalea's Introduction

On 3/2/2018 at 6:39 PM, Dalalea said:

Do you have a rubbish bin icon

Could it be that my settings are still on probation as a new member? I would like to change a few things, including my intro title. The worst is all my attachment space is taken by one picture that I uploaded before I understood the site very well.

On the attachment page, there is no rubbish bin or any way to delete a file.

Thanks for your help or for pointing me to the correct one to fix it!

Dalalea's Introduction

I was reminded hour upon hour last night to consider more carefully in the future whether I really need OTC medicine. I had some stomach issues yesterday and my osteoarthritis was flaring up. I decided to take Imodium and then just 1 Aleve before bed. I got to sleep much earlier than normal (10:30) but awoke again, half an hour later; unable to go back to sleep. It was after 4:00 when I got back to sleep. I was nearly worthless this morning, as I was so tired! I also noticed numbness on the bottoms of my feet, a symptom I hadn't had for a while. It makes me wonder if Aleve is the culprit because I was taking it until about a month ago, and that symptom has been gone about the same length of time.

Now to figure out a plan for dealing with the arthritis pain naturally.

Dalalea's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, Dalalea said:

Could it be that my settings are still on probation as a new member? I would like to change a few things, including my intro title.

No, other longer members have mentioned the same thing.  I've posted in the technical issues topic.

Members are not able to change the title of their Intro topic.  And mods don't do it because we don't have the time.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

Now to figure out a plan for dealing with the arthritis pain naturally.

My boss's husband has been using a concoction of cherry juice, tumeric, pineapple juice and ginger and found it very helpful.

10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I've posted in the technical issues topic.

Hi ChessieCat! I hope your day is going well.

Thank you for posting the problem and sorry to bother you about it. I used to be in charge of the technology when I was teaching, so my brain tends to mull over tech issues until I find a solution!

10 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

cherry juice, turmeric, pineapple juice and ginger

I've heard that some of these have medicinal powers. I'll have to start experimenting. I do have turmeric around.

Thanks!

Dalalea's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

I've heard that some of these have medicinal powers.

The boss's husband was taking it twice a day and then reduced to once a day and noticed a difference.

First day back at slow flow yoga since October, when I tried once and my WD was so strong it sent me into mega-symptoms. I pay even if I don't go just so I'll have it if I feel strong enough. The flu and secondary infections in January and February made it impossible to attend.

Today I took it easy; not holding poses as long as usual and babying my hands and wrists because the osteoarthritis in them is hurting this week. I got back home and looked at all the things that need to be done but, I know better! I'll be sick tomorrow if I push myself much further.

I have my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter this evening and want to completely enjoy that time with her.

I've chosen to take it easy and rest for the afternoon.

Dalalea's Introduction

I am not a morning person to begin with. We lose an hour tomorrow morning because of "daylight savings time". So happy to be retired at this point! :unsure:

Dalalea's Introduction

Hello! I just came by to visit and noticed you do oils! I also am just starting to do some oils. I use stress away as well. I like the tree oils especially.  I also teach and really the focus required to be "on" is sometimes really hard to pull out. As I had mentioned in my thread I am finding myself less extroverted than I thought. I don't know if I am a "true" introvert. You said you considered yourself an introvert...so I am guessing being alone is comfortable? See, that's the part that doesn't fit really for me. I get anxious alone. I envy those who enjoy their alone time!

2001- Klonopin 0.125 mg.  2011- increase to 1 mg.  2018- increase to 1.5 mg. Taper 2023-2024. Taper complete!

2010- Trials of SSRI's, several.

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

2011- Gabapentin 300 mg to present- 2020. Increase 2023 to 400mg.

2014- Vyvanse 20 mg, 2020- Vyvanse 5 mg. Increase August 2022 20mg. CT (unavailable) 4/2023

2016- Lithium 300 mg, June 2016 - FT.

2017- Cogentin 0.5 mg. June-August 2019- off Cogentin.

2018- Lamictal 300mg. Holding

2021 - Hydroxyzine 30mg. Holding.

2014 Omeprazole 20 mg and holding, Omega 3's/fish oil, Magnesium

3 hours ago, DMV64 said:

considered yourself an introvert...so I am guessing being alone is comfortable

Most likely, there is a continuum on the extrovert-introvert situation. I still love to be with people and have good friends but I have to be alone to recharge. I'm an "empty-nesting widow" and retired elementary teacher so sometimes there is too much alone time for what I was used to for most of my life.

I do think I understand how lonely your job can feel. I was an instructional coach for 11 years of my career and it was a lonely job. I had an office instead of a classroom and I worked with teams of teachers and yet I belonged to no team.

I hope you can find some good friends where you live now.

4 hours ago, DMV64 said:

noticed you do oils

I feel essential oils really help me. I became a distributor for Young Living just so I could get the discount on oils that I use. I have asthma and my inhalers have been all but replaced with oils!

Have you found any that work particularly well for you?

Thanks for stopping by!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

16 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

that work particularly well for you?

I love Idaho Blue Spruce! Also Stress Away and Copabiba (spelling that wrong!).

I so relate to the need to belong to a team. I reached out to 4 new people today. I am just going to keep at it!

What other oils do you like?

2001- Klonopin 0.125 mg.  2011- increase to 1 mg.  2018- increase to 1.5 mg. Taper 2023-2024. Taper complete!

2010- Trials of SSRI's, several.

2011- Saphris 5 mg. CT. 6/2017- retry Saphris 5 mg sublingual, begin taper August 2020 10% taper with scale, and final taper liquid sublingual, August 2019- taper complete!

2011- Geodon 20 mg. Begin taper Sept 2019. 10% liquid taper. 2020: December-5 mg. 2021: Jan-4.5mg. (held Feb.for vacation). March-4mg. Apr-3.6mg. May-3.2mg. June-2.8mg. (Held July for vacation). Aug-2.4mg. Sept.- 2.2mg. Oct. 2mg. Dec 2022 - Taper complete!

2011- Gabapentin 300 mg to present- 2020. Increase 2023 to 400mg.

2014- Vyvanse 20 mg, 2020- Vyvanse 5 mg. Increase August 2022 20mg. CT (unavailable) 4/2023

2016- Lithium 300 mg, June 2016 - FT.

2017- Cogentin 0.5 mg. June-August 2019- off Cogentin.

2018- Lamictal 300mg. Holding

2021 - Hydroxyzine 30mg. Holding.

2014 Omeprazole 20 mg and holding, Omega 3's/fish oil, Magnesium

On 3/11/2018 at 11:57 AM, DMV64 said:

On 3/11/2018 at 11:40 AM, Dalalea said:

that work particularly well for you?

I love Idaho Blue Spruce! Also Stress Away and Copabiba

All 3 of those are good! When I get back home, I’ll make a better list. 

Dalalea's Introduction