SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Dalalea: Effexor for 1 month in 2010 then Sertraline 2010 of July 2017

Dalalea

Oh dear! I have a sinus infection and am on an antibiotic. I’m helping with a workshop this weekend and had a little wine at the reception last night. I sure don’t want to go backwards but not feeling as “windowy” today. 

Possible culprits: 

Clindamycin

small glass of wine

short on sleep from hotel

sinus infection

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dalalea

• Rosetta

• Frogie

• DaveB

Top Posters In This Topic

Health Anxiety has been bad lately. I went to a Dr. appointment today for something physical that's been worrying me and when they took my temperature, it was over 100 F. When I got home it was 98.1. Can stress cause this? I left feeling relieved and not as stressed. OR have I just traded one worry for another? :unsure:

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

6 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Health Anxiety has been bad lately. I went to a Dr. appointment today for something physical that's been worrying me and when they took my temperature, it was over 100 F. When I got home it was 98.1. Can stress cause this? I left feeling relieved and not as stressed. OR have I just traded one worry for another? :unsure:

I wouldn't worry about the temperature. Our temperatures can fluctuate throughout the day for a variety of reasons and 100 isn't really much of a temperature spike. Also you have had a sinus infection, could be the culprit. You are doing so well, don't let this simple thing stress you out.  

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

Just now, DaveB said:

I wouldn't worry

Thank you, DaveB. It seems like I get into a mode where I worry way too much. I don't seem to ever get a break because as soon as one thing gets better, another takes it's place. It's frustrating!

I'll try take your advice and leave the worries at the door! I do want to keep improving!

Dalalea's Introduction

How do you work your way out of inertia? Any ideas? I'm having so much trouble actually moving forward, even though I'm feeling so much better than I was two months ago!

Did I just develop some bad habits (sitting around, babying myself, avoiding difficult tasks) when the withdrawal was really bad the last few months, or is this just another phase in WD?

It doesn't feel like normal procrastination.

Dalalea's Introduction

1 hour ago, Dalalea said:

How do you work your way out of inertia? Any ideas? I'm having so much trouble actually moving forward, even though I'm feeling so much better than I was two months ago!

Did I just develop some bad habits (sitting around, babying myself, avoiding difficult tasks) when the withdrawal was really bad the last few months, or is this just another phase in WD?

It doesn't feel like normal procrastination.

I know the feeling, for me the more I just force myself to do things, the easier it becomes and I find I sometimes actually enjoy it. This is a problem, unlike withdrawal that you can work on rather than just waiting for it to pass so that is good. It could be withdrawal related for sure and in time it will get better. The statement I bolded is awesome, you are totally off meds and can point to significant healing, that has to feel amazing!

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

11 hours ago, DaveB said:

for me the more I just force myself to do things, the easier it becomes

I made a list today of things that need to get done. I was able to cross quite a few off as completed. Now I'm exhausted but, it might help me sleep tonight! I do feel better about today than yesterday because I can see some things I accomplished, however small they are by pre-WD standards.

There are plenty of things left on my list for a few more days!

Thanks for the encouragement, Dave!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Has anyone had trouble after a long soak in a hot tub? I wasn't thinking about it being detoxing but Wednesday morning I woke up feeling worse than I have in two months after sitting in a friend's tub Tuesday night. Of course, I wasn't drinking enough water that night.

On Thursday, I made my list and fought back against the inertia I've been experiencing! It felt good to get some things accomplished. I'm still working on the list, btw.

I'm still using my WD checklists. Two pages of symptoms and two of my plan.

My next step is to revamp my diet, start the day with a smoothie again, start working on my anxieties.

Here is a generic copy of my checklist that can be reworked if anyone wants to use it. :)

Dalalea's Introduction

Horrible tinnitus during the last 2 days! It really makes me feel like I have brain fog! I've had mild tinnitus for the last few months but my right ear is loud and I can't hear as well from that ear.

Allergies seem to be bad right now and I'm having to treat them naturally because of WD. (I would love to take a decongestant right now but I'm afraid of REAL brain fog coming back.)

I've had two sets of ear tubes put in since I started Zoloft. Never had that problem before Zoloft. This ear/tube problem is a side effect listed on a few side effect lists I've seen.

I was sure hoping now that I'm off, I wouldn't have a problem with my ears but I'm wondering if part of the tinnitus is my Eustachian tubes acting up again.

Dalalea's Introduction

Hi.  I have very mild tinnitus infrequently.  Oh, these colds through the Winter have been awful.  I suppose they always feel terrible, but with WD on top it seems much worse than usual.  Yes, being unable to take anything is tough.  

I'm inspired by you making a list and getting some things done.  Way to go!  I keep day dreaming about having the motivation and cog function to do some things I'd like to do.  In my dreams at night everything is orderly.  I'm afraid I will get anxious if I find something in all this mess that reminds me of a negative experience.  Someday the neuro-emotions will go.  I will get there!

Sorry about the tub soak.  I often try to link something I did to a later worsening of symptoms.  The thing is that as we heal we don't have as many problems occur.  That means nothing is guaranteed to work the same way twice. While I'm in a window I feel that waves have no triggers, but while in a wave, I think anything could trigger it.  I think WD is very unpredictable.  That said, you may have become too hot, but the dehydration gets me every time.  A big glass of water later I always feel somewhat better!

Take care, R

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

3 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

While I'm in a window I feel that waves have no triggers, but while in a wave, I think anything could trigger it.  I think WD is very unpredictable.

That is the same for me! I tend to overthink symptoms and triggers!

I'm still working on the same list! LOL! Some day I'll get everything crossed off, but for now, I've just thought of two more things to add to the list!

Thanks for visiting and I wish you a good day!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

It's time for another end of the month update! I can't believe another month has gone by!

March 2018 - The 8th month after my last dose of Zoloft and the 6th month of withdrawal.

In March, I had no days with more than 8 symptoms recorded.

Highest day: 8 symptoms (1 day)     Lowest day: 2 symptoms (9 days)

6 or more symptoms: 5 days - All immediately after an evening spent in a hot tub. I'm thinking that it was too detoxing for me.

February data (for comparison):

(highest to lowest):

days- symptoms

28-     tinnitus

12-     allergies/ sinus congestion

9-       Numbness/ tingling in feet

6-       digestive problems

5-       itching/rash

5-       muscle cramps/ stiffness

4-       detached/ unreal feelings

Symptoms recorded in March highest to lowest tallied:

Days       Symptoms

31          Tinnitus

23          Allergies/ sinus congestion

7            Trouble concentrating

6            Inertia/ low motivation

6            Anxious thoughts

5            Numbness/ tingling in feet

4            Sharp pains in legs and feet

4            low energy

4            chills

Tinnitus and allergies continue to lead the way. Numbness is also still on the list.

Concentration, inertia and low energy were part of the wave I had after being in the hot tub.

I feel like I'm making improvements and will continue to work on my plan!

Dalalea's Introduction

On my way to my 3rd set of ear tubes? Possibly! :unsure:

I visited my GP today concerning the much louder tinnitus, pain, and some pressure in my ears. My right ear is quite a bit worse than my left.

I looked at the results of the tempanogram showed fluid. They scheduled an appointment for me with my ENT but the earliest they could get me in is May 8th! I'm on the waiting list so maybe it will be sooner.

This roaring in my ear makes me tired and keeps me from enjoying many activities!

It all got worse two weeks ago after I spent some time in a friend's hot tub. I'm thinking that I started detoxing and it put me into a wave. The next week, I felt fatigued and the tinnitus in my right ear went from a slight ring (that I was getting used to) to a roar.

Dalalea's Introduction

I think I'm in a window again. It's a bit harder to convince myself of it because the tinnitus in my right ear is so loud. The window seems likely because that and some allergy symptoms are all I'm noticing at the moment. The fatigue is minimal and I was able to spend the entire day, yesterday, with a friend while my car was in the shop and made it to a meeting last night. I was a little slower getting around this morning but thoroughly enjoyed an entire evening with my 2 1/2  year-old granddaughter by myself! Even a month ago, I wouldn't have thought I could have done that alone. I was just too tired. It's such a nice feeling!

Dalalea's Introduction

9 hours ago, Dalalea said:

I think I'm in a window again. It's a bit harder to convince myself of it because the tinnitus in my right ear is so loud. The window seems likely because that and some allergy symptoms are all I'm noticing at the moment. The fatigue is minimal and I was able to spend the entire day, yesterday, with a friend while my car was in the shop and made it to a meeting last night. I was a little slower getting around this morning but thoroughly enjoyed an entire evening with my 2 1/2  year-old granddaughter by myself! Even a month ago, I wouldn't have thought I could have done that alone. I was just too tired. It's such a nice feeling!

That is so awesome! I'm so glad to hear this.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

4 hours ago, Frogie said:

That is so awesome! I'm so glad to hear this.

Thanks, Frogie!

I think all that thinking you made me do helped push me out of some of my inertia! I'm responsible for me and for the knowledge I have been given. I'm working on a list of actions I need to start to take based on our conversations. Maybe it will be a list you can pick from, too! Thanks for that, also!

How are you doing?

Dalalea's Introduction

13 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Thanks, Frogie!

I think all that thinking you made me do helped push me out of some of my inertia! I'm responsible for me and for the knowledge I have been given. I'm working on a list of actions I need to start to take based on our conversations. Maybe it will be a list you can pick from, too! Thanks for that, also!

How are you doing?

I'm doing ok. I'm just really tired today for some reason. And still angry at the world, but that's another story lol...

Post your list. It just might help me!

Than you for being you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

HI Dalalea, I'm very glad to hear you had a good day and a great time with your baby granddaughter!  Lovely!

- Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

The "Never-Ending Get Up and Do Something Good For Myself AND My World" List!

@Frogie

I put this on my own thread because this is for me, but you can take whatever you want from it for your own list!

I'm challenging you to start your list!

What I'm getting from this exercise is that I can almost always do something.

We get the gift of this one life and it IS bound by time. I've had time taken from me this year by this stupid drug withdrawal that I never asked for so I don't want to give it another minute unless it's my choice.

I called my list "never-ending" because I think I should add new ideas any time they come to my mind. That way, I'll never run out of ideas. :) Some things on this list will happen once, but some need to remain on the list to be chosen often!

• ·        Stop waiting for a “better time”

• ·        Add to my “thankful list”

• ·        Read a good book

• ·        Walk

• ·        Practice yoga

• ·        Lift some hand weights

• ·        Smile at someone first

• ·        Organize my office

• ·        Organize my storage area

• ·        Hand write a letter to an Aunt or Uncle

• ·        Encourage someone online

• ·        Send someone an encouraging card

• ·        Write someone an unexpected thank you note
  • ·        Wave like a farmer when I pass someone on the road

• ·        Write in my journal

• ·        Make a list of blessings

• ·        Write about my experiences in withdrawal

• ·        Write some family history

• ·        Explore my interests for new ideas

• ·        Watch a YouTube video about an interest

• ·        Practice taking better pictures with my camera or phone

• ·        Learn how to find a new record in genealogy

• ·        Plan an unexpected May Day basket delivery to a neighbor

• ·        Pray for someone who has wronged me

• ·        Answer a message on Ancestry

• ·        Take pictures to document my life

• ·        Label some old pictures with who, when, where

• ·        Do the dishes! :D

• ·        Put my Christmas cactus in a larger pot

• ·        Research what herbs I should be using for my health

• ·        Plan my planter-sized herb garden

• ·        Plan the plants I want on my deck

• ·        Make lotion bars using essential oils

• ·        Research how essential oils can help me in withdrawal

• ·        Clean out the car! :D

• ·        Frame my pictures and artifacts from my last trip

• ·        Work on the wall boxes for my small keepsakes

• ·        Restock my town’s blessing box with a little comfort and healthy food

• ·        Get my name on the list to read for story time at the hospital

• ·        Work on my next teacher workshop presentation

Dalalea's Introduction

1 hour ago, Rosetta said:

I'm very glad to hear you had a good day and a great time with your baby granddaughter!  Lovely!

Thanks, Rosetta! It was wonderful!

I've been following you and am impressed with your determination to help yourself heal!

Keep on going! I'm cheering you on!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

• Mentor
On 2/6/2018 at 7:18 PM, Dalalea said:

As I contemplated the mess, I heard God tell me, “I am building something new in you.” When I awoke, I found the verse it reminded me of.

"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.
     See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up;
     do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the
     wilderness and streams in the wasteland."
                                       -Isaiah 43:18-19

@Dalalea was reading through your thread and was given hope by this verse. I too essentally CT from sertraline and it has been the rockiest road of my life and it is hard not to get dragged down by the time lost.

• Prozac | late 2004-mid-2005 | CT WD in a couple months, mostly emotional
  • Sertraline 50-100mg | 11/2011-3/2014, 10/2014-3/2017
  • Sertraline fast taper March 2017, 4 weeks, OFF sertraline April 1, 2017
  • Quit alcohol May 20, 2017
  • Lifestyle changes: AA, kundalini yoga

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

• Mentor

As I contemplated the mess, I heard God tell me, “I am building something new in you.” When I awoke, I found the verse it reminded me of.

@Dalalea was reading through your thread and was given hope by this verse. I too essentally CT from sertraline and it has been the rockiest road of my life and it is hard not to get dragged down by the time lost.

"If you've seen a monster, even if it's horrible, that's evidence of divinity." – Damien Echols

• Mentor

2 hours ago, FarmGirlWorks said:

was given hope by this verse

Oh, Farm Girl! That verse holds a lot of hope for me!

I think you can hold onto that it, too! ❤️

Thanks for visiting my thread!

How are you doing? It looks like we have Sertraline in common. 

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

• Mentor

Hi Dalalea,

Pretty name. I was on here researching curcumin... just ordered some capsules. I see that you are a few months behind me in being off sertraline and also did a pretty fast taper. I wish I could say I was feeling better. I have experienced a blessed window for a few weeks in September and since then it has been rough. I had a short period in January or February (excuse the cog fog memory) that was less anxious and "just" depressed. I am feeling anxious again and it is hard to be "normal" around people. Sorry that this is a downer but I can't lie here. I feel anger at the pharmaceutical companies and a culture that is unsupportive. I look forward to the day when I have the strength to take action about this but that day is not today.

How are you?

Lately, if I'm tired, it feels like WD fatigue but, tonight I'm just plain tired! It's the good kind of tired that comes after running children's church for the first time and then offering to take my two grandchildren (7 and 2) home with me for the day. It was a great day with lots of activity. I haven't felt strong enough to have them for any amount of time without help, until very recently. It gives me hope!

The tinnitus has gone from a roar back to ringing. Still very noticeable, but not as debilitating. 

I'm hoping to sleep soundly tonight!

Dalalea's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus

There is definitely a difference in the types of tiredness.  Sweet dreams Zzzzzzzzzz

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

On April 6, 2018 at 1:17 PM, Dalalea said:

The "Never-Ending Get Up and Do Something Good For Myself AND My World" List!

@Frogie

I put this on my own thread because this is for me, but you can take whatever you want from it for your own list!

I'm challenging you to start your list!

What I'm getting from this exercise is that I can almost always do something.

We get the gift of this one life and it IS bound by time. I've had time taken from me this year by this stupid drug withdrawal that I never asked for so I don't want to give it another minute unless it's my choice.

I called my list "never-ending" because I think I should add new ideas any time they come to my mind. That way, I'll never run out of ideas. :) Some things on this list will happen once, but some need to remain on the list to be chosen often!

• ·        Stop waiting for a “better time”

• ·        Add to my “thankful list”

• ·        Read a good book

• ·        Walk

• ·        Practice yoga

• ·        Lift some hand weights

• ·        Smile at someone first

• ·        Organize my office

• ·        Organize my storage area

• ·        Hand write a letter to an Aunt or Uncle

• ·        Encourage someone online

• ·        Send someone an encouraging card

• ·        Write someone an unexpected thank you note
  • ·        Wave like a farmer when I pass someone on the road

• ·        Write in my journal

• ·        Make a list of blessings

• ·        Write about my experiences in withdrawal

• ·        Write some family history

• ·        Explore my interests for new ideas

• ·        Watch a YouTube video about an interest

• ·        Practice taking better pictures with my camera or phone

• ·        Learn how to find a new record in genealogy

• ·        Plan an unexpected May Day basket delivery to a neighbor

• ·        Pray for someone who has wronged me

• ·        Answer a message on Ancestry

• ·        Take pictures to document my life

• ·        Label some old pictures with who, when, where

• ·        Do the dishes! :D

• ·        Put my Christmas cactus in a larger pot

• ·        Research what herbs I should be using for my health

• ·        Plan my planter-sized herb garden

• ·        Plan the plants I want on my deck

• ·        Make lotion bars using essential oils

• ·        Research how essential oils can help me in withdrawal

• ·        Clean out the car! :D

• ·        Frame my pictures and artifacts from my last trip

• ·        Work on the wall boxes for my small keepsakes

• ·        Restock my town’s blessing box with a little comfort and healthy food

• ·        Get my name on the list to read for story time at the hospital

• ·        Work on my next teacher workshop presentation

I'm thinking not ignoring you. That's awesome you had a great weekend!

I like wave like a farmer when you go by someone, that happens where I live all the time. I'm in farm country.

I slept well until 5:20 this morning when I was shaken awake by and earthquake! I usually don't feel them but this one woke be out of a deep sleep. I never really fell back to sleep so I'm still tired!

The good news is that the roaring in my right ear is softer and I think I can hear better now! I'm praying that it will all clear and I'll be able to cancel my ENT appointment! That would be nice!

Dalalea's Introduction

This is my current signature. Because I change my signature often, I want a record of it on my thread.

When I have my doctor appointment, I'm going to ask for exact dates of when I was on these medications. I'm not sure I'm remembering the years correctly.

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed) I very rarely use the inhalers. I've found natural ways to control asthma: essential oils and Buteyko breathing
Current Symptoms: tinnitus: right ear has been full of fluid since March 21st. I have an appointment with an ENT the first week of May. I'm hearing a little bit better now., allergies: history of spring allergies that clog my sinuses, usually turning into an infection

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating- Not doing too well on this one!

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3 - I've been taking extra C lately. Up to 3000-4000 MG distributed throughout the day.

Dalalea's Introduction

12 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I slept well until 5:20 this morning when I was shaken awake by and earthquake! I usually don't feel them but this one woke be out of a deep sleep. I never really fell back to sleep so I'm still tired!

The good news is that the roaring in my right ear is softer and I think I can hear better now! I'm praying that it will all clear and I'll be able to cancel my ENT appointment! That would be nice!

I don't know if this posted but I said nap today. :)

30 minutes ago, Frogie said:

I like wave like a farmer when you go by someone, that happens where I live all the time. I'm in farm country.

Haha! I am, too, here in Kansas! I actually love it that farmers wave at me even though I'm not a farmer myself! It's like I've been accepted into a secret club with a special wave! ;) 

Today, my "list" has been partially made for me by my tax guy! :( My mind is rebelling but I know that once I have that done, I can choose what to do for the rest of the day! (Trying to encourage myself, here!)

I'm hoping my cousin will want to walk with me tonight. Of course, I can go walking anytime I want but sometimes I like company. Living alone gets kind of lonely at times!

My data tells me that almost every time I walk for 30 min. or more, the next day has fewer WD symptoms! Hmmm!

Sometimes, I want to put things on my list like: get out of bed and get dressed! I could check one of those off right now! :lol:

I hope the nausea is better for you today. It's sad that a chocolate cupcake might be the culprit but at least you would know what to stay away from!

Talk to you later! (A list is two or more items. A first list can have two things on it! Send me a two item list; even if one is the farmer wave!)

Dalalea xx

Dalalea's Introduction

22 minutes ago, Frogie said:

nap today.

I may add that to my "to do" list!

Dalalea's Introduction

15 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I may add that to my "to do" list!

😴😴😴

18 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Haha! I am, too, here in Kansas! I actually love it that farmers wave at me even though I'm not a farmer myself! It's like I've been accepted into a secret club with a special wave! ;) 

Today, my "list" has been partially made for me by my tax guy! :( My mind is rebelling but I know that once I have that done, I can choose what to do for the rest of the day! (Trying to encourage myself, here!)

I'm hoping my cousin will want to walk with me tonight. Of course, I can go walking anytime I want but sometimes I like company. Living alone gets kind of lonely at times!

My data tells me that almost every time I walk for 30 min. or more, the next day has fewer WD symptoms! Hmmm!

Sometimes, I want to put things on my list like: get out of bed and get dressed! I could check one of those off right now! :lol:

I hope the nausea is better for you today. It's sad that a chocolate cupcake might be the culprit but at least you would know what to stay away from!

Talk to you later! (A list is two or more items. A first list can have two things on it! Send me a two item list; even if one is the farmer wave!)

Dalalea xx

My neighbor and I were supposed to start walking. It happened 1 time and now she comes up with excuses. I'm pretty sure she's not friendly enough to walk. We didn't even talk the 1 time we did.

Our taxes got done finally this weekend. What a relief. Glad that's done. We have a really good friend that used to work for the IRS and we send him our stuff and he takes care of it for us.

I figured out chocolate makes me sick. That's the only thing that does so far. And I love chocolate. I wasn't thinking when I ate it. And it was good. Won't be doing that again.

My list would be most days: get dressed! I get up every morning to feed my 16 year old chihuahua her veggies for breakfast. So there is something else for my list.

I will keep thinking.

Talk with you later (I hope).

Take care,

Frogie xx

Dalalea,

Are you and Frogie "neighbours"?

I mean you're in the same state?

Having said that, you're probably several hundred miles away, lol!

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome