SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Dalalea: Effexor for 1 month in 2010 then Sertraline 2010 of July 2017

Dalalea

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

Dalalea,

Are you and Frogie "neighbours"?

I mean you're in the same state?

Having said that, you're probably several hundred miles away, lol!

JC

We are several 100 miles away, unfortunately. I already found that out.

I posted a thread for anyone living close to me, no response. :(

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dalalea

• Rosetta

• Frogie

• DaveB

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

neighbours

JC, 

I believe we are in neighboring states. That being said, we are probably close to 400 miles apart.  😯 

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

12 hours ago, Frogie said:

My neighbor and I were supposed to start walking. It happened 1 time and now she comes up with excuses. I'm pretty sure she's not friendly enough to walk. We didn't even talk the 1 time we did.

Our taxes got done finally this weekend. What a relief. Glad that's done. We have a really good friend that used to work for the IRS and we send him our stuff and he takes care of it for us.

I figured out chocolate makes me sick. That's the only thing that does so far. And I love chocolate. I wasn't thinking when I ate it. And it was good. Won't be doing that again.

My list would be most days: get dressed! I get up every morning to feed my 16 year old chihuahua her veggies for breakfast. So there is something else for my list.

I will keep thinking.

Talk with you later (I hope).

Take care,

Frogie xx

Sorry! I just saw this!

I'm so sorry about the chocolate! Why couldn't it be something you didn't like? I don't know. 

I've never been able to come up with a walking partner in my town, either. I've only lived here 30 years! I worked in another town so the only people I really know are through my kids; parents of friends, teachers, scout leaders, etc. Small towns are hard!

You have a start on your list! :)

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove

Waiting for a refrigerator repairman this afternoon! I noticed last night that the food in the freezer was thawing. I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new one! I'm going to have to completely restock! Maybe this will help me clear out the rest of the food I shouldn't be eating anyway.

The wind is blowing non-stop today! It's in the 80s right now but supposed to freeze again over the weekend. My allergies are going crazy! This is typical for me this time of year. So far, no asthma. I'm using essential oils and extra vitamin C to help with symptoms.

Dalalea's Introduction

Oops!  Yes, time to clear out the freezer.  Sorry.  Ugh, allergies.  I don't think I had any until I took ADs.  Hang in there!

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

2001-2011 Celexa 10 mg raised to 40 mg then 60 mg over this time period

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2012-2016 - Doctors raised dose of Zoloft up to 150 mg

2016 - Xanax prescribed - as needed - 0.5 mg about every 3 days (bad reaction)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Late 2016- Began (too fast) taper of Zoloft

Early 2017 - Trazodone prescribed for bedtime (doseage unknown)

Feb 2017 - Completed taper/stopped Trazodone

Drug free since Feb 2017

2017 - Unisom otc very rarely for sleep

Good job, Kansas! You’re on a roll this Friday the 13th! Blowing snow, ice, rain, smoky sunset from a wildfire, tornado watches, and an earthquake; all on a windy, 75 degree day (at least at my house).

That wind isn't helping with my allergy symptoms!

2 hours ago, Rosetta said:

I don't think I had any until I took ADs.

Allergies and I go way back, but they definitely made them way worse!

6 hours ago, Dalalea said:

refrigerator repairman

Yea! It just needed a fan replacement! I'll be restocking with healthy food. I'm sore from cleaning out and carrying bags to the trash. :( I saved a few things that were way down in the bottom of the freezer and were still frozen.

With all the work, maybe I'll sleep through the night!

Dalalea's Introduction

Wow.  Your weather is crazy!  

Thanks for for posting on my thread.  It's so nice to have your support and kindness, Dalalea.

I'm glad your fridge is fixed.  Good luck with the healthy food choices.

-Rosetta

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/16629-rosetta-ct-may-2011-too-fast-taper-feb-2017/?page=25

May 2011 OB Doctor's Cold switch Celexa 60 mg to 10 mg Zoloft sertraline (baby born)

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

I'm almost afraid to type this but, I've experienced two really "happy/joyful mood" evenings in the last week that remind me of the real me. Could it be that I'm starting to come back? I don't know but, it sure feels nice and I'm going to take it!

Dalalea's Introduction

11 hours ago, Dalalea said:

I'm almost afraid to type this but, I've experienced two really "happy/joyful mood" evenings in the last week that remind me of the real me. Could it be that I'm starting to come back? I don't know but, it sure feels nice and I'm going to take it!

Congrats, hope it is the start of something very good for you! You seem to be doing very well.

2008 - October 28th, 2016: Zoloft 50 - 150 mgs, settled on 50mgs from 2011 - 2016.
January 23rd - March 1st 2017: Zoloft 50mgs, direct switch to Lexapro.
March 1st - May 1st 2017: Lexapro 10 mgs, down to 5mgs for a week, then off.
June 1st - July 31st 2017: Paxil 20mgs, Lyrica 600mgs
August 1st - September 30th 2017: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
October 1st  - November 12th 2017: Paxil 60mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs
November 12th, 2017 - September 4th 2018: Paxil 40mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs 

September 4th - September 27th: Paxil 30mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

September 28th - November 7th: Paxil 20mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs (Also Testosterone Therapy started in June 2018 and ended in November 2018)

November 7th 2018 - February 22nd 2019: Paxil 10mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs

February 22nd 2019 - April 17th: Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin 1mgs

April 17th - Now: Zoloft 25mgs, Zyprexa 2.5mgs, Klonopin .5mgs

Yay! 

Happy for you Dalalea :)

Let the good times roll!!

Hugs,

JC

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Fantastic, Dalalea!!!

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

4 hours ago, DaveB said:

Congrats, hope it is the start of something very good for you!

4 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

Happy for you Dalalea :)

Let the good times roll!!

41 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Fantastic, Dalalea!!!

Thanks everyone! It's hard to trust it but, I think I'll just go with it!

Maybe it will stick around a little longer each time!

I hope you're all having a good day.

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

2 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

Thanks everyone! It's hard to trust it but, I think I'll just go with it!

Maybe it will stick around a little longer each time!

I hope you're all having a good day.

Dalalea

That's great news!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

6 hours ago, Frogie said:

That's great news!

Thanks, Frogie! Maybe it's all that waving I've been doing!

How are you doing? Have you been getting lots of wind? I almost blew away yesterday! It kicked my allergies in with the blooming and smoke from wildfires down in Oklahoma!

Talk to you later!

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

I'm encouraged at being able to travel again. I just returned from four days visiting my son near the Rockies. The nine hour drive home yesterday has me feeling pretty fatigued today, but just a few months ago, I couldn't even imagine being able to do that kind of traveling on my own! I walked an average of 3 miles a day and felt pretty good except for some stomach issues; probably from leaving my probiotics at home.

The altitude left me dehydrated a couple times, but my kids are health conscious so them grabbing extra water helped remind me!

It's so difficult for me to stay on my healing plan when I'm away from home. Now that I'm thinking about it, if I'd shared more about my healing plan with them, they probably would have helped me stick with it better.

Dalalea's Introduction

Just wanted to drop by and say hi.

Too bad we didn't get to meet each other on your trip. You drove right by me lol...

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

59 minutes ago, Frogie said:

Too bad we didn't get to meet each other on your trip. You drove right by me lol...

I thought about you when we drove by. If I hadn't had my daughter with me, I would have tried to meet. She is just getting over mono and started back to work full time yesterday. I wanted to get her back in enough time to rest. I'll be coming back through in a few months!

I hope you're doing well. I haven't had a chance to look at threads very much yet.

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

5 minutes ago, Dalalea said:

I thought about you when we drove by. If I hadn't had my daughter with me, I would have tried to meet. She is just getting over mono and started back to work full time yesterday. I wanted to get her back in enough time to rest. I'll be coming back through in a few months!

I hope you're doing well. I haven't had a chance to look at threads very much yet.

Dalalea

Oh no, I hope she is better.

When you come through again, let me know and we can meet. Would love to put a face to the threads we write.

Good to hear from you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

7 hours ago, Frogie said:

When you come through again, let me know and we can meet. Would love to put a face to the threads we write.

Sounds good! It looks like you're doing pretty well right now except for that migraine!

That's wonderful!

Dalalea xx

Dalalea's Introduction

Hi.  I'm happy you had a nice trip to see your kids!

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

How do I prepare for a busy week ahead of time so that I can keep from going into a wave after a trip? I already know I don't do well with this. I just got back from Colorado and have been sick for several days since then.

This will be a busy week for me. I need to tighten up my healing plan and since this is the last day of the month, I'll be analyzing my data for symptoms and healthy actions tomorrow. I already know where I need to focus. My healthy eating section looks terrible! I think if I could get that under control, I'd feel much better!

-Once a year I help out at an old flour mill/museum/genealogy office during their Mill Festival. On Friday, a friend and I will run 9 groups through a station on pioneer toys. That's about 200 elementary students that we will be teaching and making button whirligigs with! It's a fun but very tiring day! Last year I was still on Zoloft when we did this. I'm going to have to really remember to rest and drink water. At least they have us inside a building. The last two years we were set up under some trees and with other noises around, we have to talk loud all day. It should be better this year.

-On Saturday, I'm headed south to a cousins reunion. They are actually my mom's first cousins. I miss her and it helps to be with so many that grew up with her. My hobby is genealogy and these people want to hear about my trip to England last fall. I met cousins there that are their cousins, also. I haven't even processed that trip yet because I went straight into withdrawal when I returned. I'm finally feeling like doing that now. It should be a fun weekend!

Dalalea's Introduction

On 4/29/2018 at 11:39 AM, Rosetta said:

Hi.  I'm happy you had a nice trip to see your kids! 

Thanks, Rosetta! It was a very nice trip. I just can't figure out how to stay well when I come back home. I don't feel like I overdo it but I always feel sick for a few days after.

Any suggestions?

Hope you're still feeling a little better.

Dalalea

Dalalea's Introduction

• 1 month later...

I'm really struggling this week. My energy is just zapped! Needing encouragement! 

Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with strep throat. After one change in antibiotic, I was finally fever, and sore throat free after 5 days!

I have very little appetite, itchy rashes, and just can't seem to get myself moving. I teach college workshops and need to be ready for one on Monday and Tuesday next week! 

I'm 10 months off of Zoloft and have had several big windows.

Would it be bad to try an antihistamine? This is also the first spring to not be taking antihistamines in many years. Two of my worse allergies are cottonwood and brome grass and they are everywhere right now. Of course, the doctor wants me on two antihistamines right now but she doesn't get the whole withdrawal thing.

Dalalea's Introduction

• Moderator Emeritus
16 hours ago, Dalalea said:

I'm really struggling this week. My energy is just zapped! Needing encouragement! 

Two weeks ago, I was diagnosed with strep throat. After one change in antibiotic, I was finally fever, and sore throat free after 5 days!

I have very little appetite, itchy rashes, and just can't seem to get myself moving. I teach college workshops and need to be ready for one on Monday and Tuesday next week! 

I'm 10 months off of Zoloft and have had several big windows.

Would it be bad to try an antihistamine? This is also the first spring to not be taking antihistamines in many years. Two of my worse allergies are cottonwood and brome grass and they are everywhere right now. Of course, the doctor wants me on two antihistamines right now but she doesn't get the whole withdrawal thing.

Hey Dalalea, 

Im sorry you don’t feel too well at the moment. The antibiotics probably knocked you around. I’m glad your throat is better though. I usually hit the olive leaf when I have infections n it seems to kill them. As soon as I feel something coming on I hit it with a vengeance. 

I was staying with a friend this weekend and she and she had a virus and lost her voice. I didn’t catch it. I took olive leaf as soon as I got home. I took some of hers as well. 

I don’t know anything about antihistamines but I’m sure someone else here can help you. 

Can you make smoothies if u have no appetite. Frozen berries, bananas and coconut water is yummy. Sometimes I’ve just put the berries n bananas in cold water. It’s a yummy refreshing drink and you’re getting some nutrition. 

Hope you feel feel better soon. 

Sending hugs 🤗🤗

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

10 hours ago, Carmie said:

I don’t know anything about antihistamines but I’m sure someone else here can help you. 

Can you make smoothies if u have no appetite. Frozen berries, bananas and coconut water is yummy. Sometimes I’ve just put the berries n bananas in cold water. It’s a yummy refreshing drink and you’re getting some nutrition. 

Hope you feel feel better soon.

Hi Carmie! Thank you for your encouragement! 

Yes, I used to do smoothies every morning until I got into this withdrawal mess. I think EBV activates sometimes when I'm sick. It all makes me so tired but smoothies would be easy and I would be getting good nutrition. 

Thanks for reminding me!

Dalalea 

Dalalea's Introduction

Hey, Dalalea,

Hope you are well.  Thanks for your post on my thread.

Did you get over your illness?  I hope so!

Rosetta

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

14 hours ago, Rosetta said:

Hope you are well.  Thanks for your post on my thread.

Did you get over your illness?

Hi Rosetta, 

The actual illness is gone but I’ve been left with horrible fatigue, itchy rashes, and brain fog.  I know a virus can send you into a wave so I’m hoping it passes soon. 

I’ve been under such stresss because I’m scheduled to teach a two day workshop at a university that starts tomorrow! It’s a very high energy class that I teach every summer. I feel anything but high energy at this point!

My dear cousin has offered to be there with me for support and has been helping me get everything prepared. 

Thank you you for checking in on me! I haven’t had a lot of time to check on everyone this week so I’m hoping you’re doing well. ❤️

Dalalea 

Dalalea's Introduction

Yes, I had that cold and lingering cough earlier this year.  The fatigue eventually subsided, but it lasted a long time.  I hope your class goes well, and I'm really glad your cousin is so supportive!  -R

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/9/2018 at 6:38 AM, Dalalea said:

Hi Carmie! Thank you for your encouragement! 

Yes, I used to do smoothies every morning until I got into this withdrawal mess. I think EBV activates sometimes when I'm sick. It all makes me so tired but smoothies would be easy and I would be getting good nutrition. 

Thanks for reminding me!

Dalalea 

Hi Dalalea, 

Did you end up making some smoothies to get a bit of nutrition? Someone else on this site was saying that bananas are easy to digest for them too. They have a lot of nutritional value. Hope you are able to get some nutrition. 

I’ve had EBV and other viruses in the past too. I’ve had CFS for over twenty years and can quite easily collapse if I overdo it.. I need to stay to a baseline of what I do otherwise I could end up not being able to move at all for days or weeks. There have been times I couldn’t even walk to the toilet. 

I think I’ve learnt a lot in my CFS journey that is helping me now in this withdrawal journey. 

Hope all all went well with the two day workshop💚

Been on APs, benzos, ADs and opiates, for chronic pain. Had Akathisia in the past that made me suicidal. Still on Seroquel. 2019:➡️ March10=7.25mg ✔️ April17=7.0✔️ June5=6.75✔️ July14=6.50✔️ Aug28=6.25✔️ Oct10=6.20  ✔️ Oct21=6.0✔️ Dec16=5.80 ✔️ 2020➡️ Jan 21=5.60 ✔️ April2=5.40 ✔️ May29=5.20 ✔️ Aug14= 5.0 ✔️Sep29=4.80✔️2021➡️ Jan31=4.60 mg✔️ April24=4.40mg✔️Jul17=4.30mg ✔️ Aug 28=4.20 ✔️ Oct 11=4.15✔️Nov1=4.10 ✔️ Nov21= 4.05✔️ Dec13= 4mg ✔️2022 ➡️ Jan8=3.95✔️ Jan31=3.90✔️ March2=3.85 ✔️ April4=3.80 ✔️ June16=3.75✔️ July26=3.70✔️ Sep2=3.65✔️ Oct21=3.60 ✔️ Dec8=3.55✔️2023➡️ Jan 26=3.50✔️ March 17=3.45✔️ June12=3.40✔️ July30=3.35✔️ Sep14=3.30✔️ Oct31=3.25✔️This is NOT medical advice.Consult your doctor.

15 hours ago, Carmie said:

Hope all all went well with the two day workshop💚

The second day of my workshop is finished! Everything went well and now I'll be grading papers for a few weeks from home. Rest, prayer, better nutrition, and help from a very nice cousin got me through! I'm so relieved to have it over. It's a very "high energy" workshop and I'm on my feet all day from 8-4:30. I had 18 students in this one; kindergarten to high school level teachers. I had many people say they really enjoyed the workshop so I feel good about it. NOW, I think I need some good sleep!

I always have to be so careful with overdoing, also. Even very light exercise can do it. Walking and slow yoga are the best for me. 

Thank you for giving me encouragement! It means a lot to me! 

I hope you're doing well.

Dalalea 

Dalalea's Introduction

Such good news, Dalalea. Sweet dreams! -R

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017

• Moderator Emeritus

Glad your workshop went well Dalalea, 

Yes, I agree it’s important to be balanced in what we do. I’m limited in what I can do because of my illness, and if I do too much I end up in bed not being able to move. As regards withdrawals too, when you overdo it the symptoms seem to ramp up as well. I’m glad you’ve learnt not to overdo it. 

I’m glad to hear you’re getting some nutrition into you now too. Our bodies really need it. 

Sending hugs to you and and wishing you the best in your recovery 💚

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there Dalalea, 

I saw that you liked the idea of editing photos. I think it’s an amazing idea. Take lots n lots of photos when you’re able to and when you’re in withdrawals or not feeling well editing photos is really a most amazing distraction. 

Sending you hugs 🤗🤗

• 1 month later...

I've officially crossed the one year mark of my last dose of Zoloft! Many of my symptoms have gotten much better but I still have a few that bother me on and off. I almost always have a constant underlying fatigue.  I still have tinnitus that never fully goes away. It's louder in my right ear.

I'm trying to walk as much as I can every day. I had two days this week above 11,000 steps. I had my  grandson for several days this week because his summer program was over but school hadn't started yet. We were on the run most of the time. I felt good during that time. I'm pretty tired now that it's over and will try to get some extra sleep in the next couple of days. I tend to push myself as much as possible and don't sleep as long as I'd like to but I've always been a night owl so evenings are better for me to work on projects.

I couldn't even dream of doing any of that 6-9 months ago when I was in the middle of severe withdrawal!!

I'm so thankful I found resources like this forum to help me make sense of what I was experiencing!

Dalalea's Introduction

Hi Dalalea-- Congratulations on making it to the one year mark,  Well done.  The continued fatigue is a total pain, I've been fighting it too, but it's slowly getting better. Keep up the good healing.

Brassmonkey

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

That's wonderful!!! I'm so glad you can do some of the things you want to do.  It makes the rough days so much easier if we feel we aren't missing everything or most things.  So happy for you! -Rosetta

2016 - Stopped Xanax

Drug free since Feb 2017