Another interesting article

Soso

• Administrator

Soso, I moved your topic here. The Introductions forum is only for the intro topics. Each person has only one topic, their Intro topic, in the Intro forum.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

http://users.rcn.com/jkimball.ma.ultranet/BiologyPages/E/ExcitableCells.html

maybe all what we need is to fix the neuron cell resting potential ( calcium potassium ets )

One doctor told me that seratonin increase the negativity in the brain cells, any ideas here ?

It can drive you crazy to try to understand all this... I started rereading my neuroscience textbooks from college a few months ago to try to wrap my head around what was happening to me. In the end, it's interesting, but it would take too many years of study and the knowledge that is out there is still so limited, even for the experts.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

I understand... we've all been through that fear. And for a lot of us, certainly for me, that leads to researching furiously and trying to find answers. But I think instead of trying to understand it intellectually, it might help to visualize your body healing, visualize health, try to connect (gently, without pushing too hard or expecting immediate results) with your surroundings. Listen to peaceful music, look at flowers, sit in the sun, meditate. Your body is wiser than your intellect and will try to find balance. This is very gradual.

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy