SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

How do you maintain your composure / stability while tapering?

NobodySpecial

Okay, so I had a question and I'd love to get some feedback!

I feel like I have a limited reserve of capacity to handle symptoms and different experiences while tapering (like anxiety, OCD thoughts, going to work after a night with no sleep). I feel like dealing with symptoms drains this reserve, and after a while, I find it hard to maintain my composure in the face of the challenges.

How do you maintain this reserve / nourish it, so that you can properly work through the marathon that is AD withdrawal?

Taper commencing 14/06/18:

• Going down by 2.5mg per month from 35mg - once 2.5mg is bigger than the recommended 10%, I'll switch to a water solution. 
  • Planning to taper until October and then hold until 2019 - balancing study, work, life and holiday season.

Medication / withdrawal history:

• Tapered July 2016 to October 2016, unsuccessful and reinstated to 30mg (didn't track specifics)
  • Tapered March 2017 to August 2017, was unsuccessful and reinstated to 35mg (didn't track specifics).
  • Current taper - started 1st January 2018 @ 32.5mg and 2.5mg per month until I reach a dose where 2.5 is > 10% of dose.

Morning supplements:

B complex, Niagen, COQ10, Black seed oil, Vitamin C, Zinc, Fish Oil, EGCG, Bosweilla Extract, Curcumin (Longvida), Vitamin D, R-ALA, NAC, Ashwagandha (occasionally), Epimedium / Icariin, Resveratol.

Evening supplements:

NatureCalm Magnesium, Glycine, Ashwagandha, Reishi, Schisandra, Melatonin.

I also take Phenibut (maximum 3 times weekly at a dose that doesn't build tolerance) and Oleamide when required.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy