Rabe

Rabe: how to taper and adjust Viibryd while on Clonazepam

Rabe

@manymoretodays no...they were off before the procedure because of the prep.

Rabe

@manymoretodays Im sorry MMT...I have had a horrible day.  Was ok til took V at noon at doctors office and it was downhill from there.  I have felt really awful non stop.  I will do my best to answer you completely when I can.  I journal daily but dont know how taper went...seemed ok dropped 1/27 and had prep on 1/12 and procedures on 2/14...so some of this could be the drop I suppose.  I just know I feel very not well.

Not making any changes now.  I could not even remain at doctors today..had to leave juts felt so unwell.  But no changes.  

The capsules are more than not right...they should be replaced but i dont care at this point.  I am getting a refill because they have some Viibryd there and will use what I can and then will look for different compounder.  I have sent pictures and asked three different pharmacist and all said the doses would not be near right with the fill variances they see.  

I have been pacing, anxious, crying, etc since the Viibryd this morning.  I am going to try to eat something and then lie down. Thank you. Take care.

Rosetta

💙💚💛🌺🌸💐🌼🌷 ((((Rabe)))) 🌺🌸💐🌷💚💙💜

neroli

My dear Rabe

Oh, you've had a tough day - anxiety is so difficult to handle and I can empathise with you, it's frightening.

All I can say is that you are in all our thoughts and, just as you do for me when I am in a very uncomfortable space, reassure you that we wish you better soon, you are such a valued member of this community - you help us all with your encouragement and so very important words of comradeship.  We are all in this with you.

I hope your afternoon calms down and you manage to eat and get some rest.  Really.

Thinking of you - sending the biggest bunch of best wishes as I can over that old pond.

much love

xxxx Neroli 💜

wantrelief

I am so very sorry you are having such an awful day, Rabe.  One would never know what you are going through with all of the sweet messages you send to me and others.  Oh how I hope this all calms down for you very soon.  I know it has been really rough lately.....you are such a trooper.  Sending lots of hugs your way.  💗WR

Carmie

I’m sorry you’re struggling so much  Rabe, 

Sending you lots of hugs🤗

Rabe

Yesterday was a tad better...was grateful.  

Today about 2 hours after Viibryd I felt so anxious and crampy and not well again until about 5.  Made for a very long hard day.  It was like Tuesday.  Yesterday I took one of the old Viibryd that appears to be lower dose....today I took one of new capsules that are full.  I know how I feel is in some ways connected to the Viibryd.  I did get some groceries so am grateful for that.  Feeling  I need to keep getting down on the Viibryd.  I thought back to treatment when started Viibryd and was anxious each day about 1 to 2 hours later in a class we had.  And had the reaction to it which was the high BP and shaking.  I think as the Clonazepam has gone down and continues to get out my system the Viibryd issues are more pronounced.  I have often driven to and gone places before the Viibryd in AM.and done ok.  Then later after V was not.  I thought it was the food I ate or something else for long time.  This was before the recent taper and procedure. Same thing happened in 2 different doctors offices this week...so anxious suddenly and has same time frame give or take.  As I look back in journal I see the connection more clearly now....find it scary.  I dont know whether to keep holding or just continue to lower this med since have been taking the smaller doses.  It all is overwhelming.  Long day and tiring....but grateful to have gotten through it so far.  

Thinking of everyone.  Take care! 💜

neroli

Dear Rabe

This is so good to hear:

23 hours ago, Rabe said:

Yesterday was a tad better...was grateful.

Just these little moments of respite make things a bit easier to cope with.  Even though the next day can be s struggle again.

23 hours ago, Rabe said:

Long day and tiring....but grateful to have gotten through it so far.  

Thinking of everyone.  Take care! 💜

I'm glad you got through it.  Sometimes it's just a matter of hanging in there moment by moment.

I'm thinking of you,  xxxx  Neroli 💜

Rabe
5 hours ago, neroli said:

'm glad you got through it.  Sometimes it's just a matter of hanging in there moment by moment.

This is  it lately...gets tiring and how rapidly things can come crashing over is stunning.  Thinking about you Neroli everyday...everyone here.  My heart aches sometimes but the strength is incredible!  Love and hugs to you my friend!! Thank you for stopping!💜

Rabe

@neroli im so sorry neroli...i forgot to tag the above. 

RusTW

Hi Rabe I wanted to wish you a good day today. I see you're going through the bad anxiety. Sorry about that.

manymoretodays
On 3/14/2019 at 6:56 PM, Rabe said:

I need to keep getting down on the Viibryd

Yay and yah, I agree Rabe.  I don't know if you could swing it, with all the other variables presently involved in your prescriptions......but maybe when you are satisfied with the compounding........then.........you could go with 2 weeks of the 8.75 mg and then down to 8.5 mg for the second 2 weeks.........when you get your next monthly fill of V confounded capsules? 

And then plan on holding at that for 6 whole weeks.  That's  one form of micro tapering pretty much.  Slightly above 2.5 % drops from the previous dosages.  Over long periods.  And seeing how you do with them.

You've got a bit of an odd clonazepam split too.  That's due to spacing it out from your Viibryd, to hopefully minimize any of the CYP conflicts.  At some later point, though......when you've/we've got the V reduced nicely........perhaps that can be adjusted too.  I'm just thinking you might be experiencing some of the interdose W/D with clonazepam, on top of the adverse effects of Viibryd.  A nice dual discomfort for your fragile nervous system.  Ugh. 

Meantime.........you may be shifting formulations with your clonazepam.

I don't know how you keep it all straight.  I'd suggest a huge whiteboard, with a calendar, where you note when refills are needed, as well as all your medical appointments, as well as colorful depictions of your days and logs.  It would be a creative endeavor, for sure.  Maybe even different colors for different concerns, etc.  It would be also like some kind of NYtimes crossword puzzle.

Okie doke.  Good....good.  It's good work Rabe!  You are doing a lot of it!

Love, peace, healing, and growth,
(oh p.s.  dilution of Viibryd, should you want to keep looking/ thinking about liquifying at some point can be found here:  Tips for tapering off Viibryd.  " Vilazodone has relatively high aqueous solubility (water: 32 mg/100 mL). "   I saw your question to brassmonkey regarding this.  So you could consider doing 10 mg of Viibryd in 30 mL of water.  But don't forget some form of crossover if you do that.  We really need a crossover topic I think.  Maybe I'll work on that in my off site time.) Lol......I'd need to do most of that online though!!!  Lol at myself.  I'm gonna get offline.......I'm gonna get offline........I need to get offline......

💃😻

Have a sunny day.

Edited by manymoretodays

neroli

Hello dear Rabe

Thank you for your lovely message on my thread.  Know that I am walking with you, too, as you traverse the rocky land of side effects and WD. You are so consistently caring and giving even though you are tormented by horrible symptoms - there isn't a big enough word for the gratitude I have for that.

I will ask the doc. if there's anything else she thinks I should be tested for.  Lyme is from tic bites, isn't it?  I haven't had any tic bites.

Yes, I am just across that pond - and I think all of us here are walking side by side in spirit.  I can only hope I have the strength you have.

love to you Neroli xxx 💜

Rabe

@manymoretodays Hi MMT...gosh thank you for stopping.  What has happened is that I was down to the not well filled capsules before got the V refill and now they are full and I find it really makes me so anxious!  Yikes!  It did from the beginning but I was taking C in AM as well and think that calmed things.

e

You are right on the C...I know I am getting interpose WD from that and it is getting worse with time and the V taper doesnt help.  It would be nice to get things 'in order' somehow.  I just feel ok in AM, eat and take V and 21/2 hours or so and I am so anxious.  Then better bout 5 then take C and worse again and o it goes.  Its like everything feels pretty rotten right now.  I wake up in the mornings and just cry because I don't want to take the meds.  I am hoping it is just because my system is so off right now and not liking anything.

Yes, the clonazepam will be going to just the stock powder soon...after next round...I suspect I should do a cross over?  

Shep suggested a hold because my system is so messed up...and it is....but I don't know what to do with these capsule variances....and each drug affects the other so yes it has been very hard to deal with the WD feelings of both.  Many days of wanting to quit.

Thank you too for the Viibryd solubility.  IDK which route to go.  If you have suggestions I would be grateful.  Take care MMT.  Thank you again. 💜

Rabe

@neroli Bless you Neroli!  And I wish for the strength you have!!  Love and hugs!💜

Rabe

@neroli Yes tic bites...so not something you would have but perhaps a general workup would be a good thing...

Rosetta

I wonder if Spring and the time change has all of us feeling worse.  I'm with you in spirit, Rabe.  Just hang in there one day at a time.

manymoretodays

Hi Rabe,

Have you weighed the newer full(appearance wise) confounded capsules of Viibryd? 

It might be interesting to see if the weight is more uniform.

You could just weigh them, the whole capsule.......3 or 4 of them.  Just to see for now.  Nothing more.

And then go ahead and just experiment with dissolving one of the Viibryd tablets too.  If you have got one that you could just waste, to experiment with.  Just to see again.  Nothing more.

I wonder if one of your compounded capsules of Viibryd might dissolve in water too?  You could try that.......just as an experiment for now.  Again if you have one from an old batch or something.......just to see, not to worry about........then discard.

When I used to dissolve my oxcarb., I would add the water to the tablet in a sterile urine cup.  Then I had to wait a bit, and gently swirl the container contents, around a bit too.  It didn't dissolve instantly.  It was an orange coated tablet(large and oval shaped).  Then I'd swirl the container again right before I drew up my dose in millileters. 

It was a lot like Rhiannon describes in the first post here:  How to make a liquid from tablets or capsules

How have the last couple of days been for you?

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Oh, and a p.s. edit.  I just mentioned the whiteboard/calendar thing as that's what I think I need to do a bit of.  Something like that anyway too.  To get me back on track.  A bit more disciplined with my routine and self care.   With my on the ground stuff and life.   Employing helpers, for me, was just a start.......it did help a lot though......in getting me re-connected a bit to other humans.  Outside of phone calls and online communications.    And then I got back to an AA meeting too.  Oh.....and saw dear Sun/sun!!!!  I'll update on my own space soon enough.

Edited by manymoretodays