SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

@TreeElf

Thank you for your many valuable contributions to SA. Your posts have helped me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I wonder how you are doing today... ?

If you ever feel like coming back with an update, it would be great to hear from you. 

Best wishes to you,

A.

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• 3 months later...

Not on Prozac but having horrific fears and delusions.  What is normal?

2009-2018, Paxil 40 mg. Tapered-0mg in 6 weeks.

October 2020-May 2021

Zoloft, 25mg, 50mg, then 100mg. Tapered 25mg a week then 0mg less than a month. 

July 2021-  Zoloft reinstated  25mg 1 week , 50 mg 1 week later, 100mg 2 weeks later.

March 2022- began taper from 100mg, 10%/ 4 weeks. Got to 75mg around July 2022. Bad fatigue, body pain, OCD thoughts, intrusive fears/thoughts, occasional nightmares, memory loss, tongue tied, more frequent headaches, fear of losing everything, bipolar like behavior, paranoia that everyone is watching and judging me, unprovoked anger/rage, occasional flu like symptoms, dizziness, hair loss becoming the norm in the last few months.

Still in treatment for Lyme Disease and  Bartonella 4 years later as well as for Mycotoxins, EBV, MCAS with no resolution or positive responses to treatment protocols.

May 2023-August 2023 75mg-62.5mg.

August 2023-Current 50mg

• 3 weeks later...

Tree Elf (lovely image, that), I’ve been moved & chastened by your exquisite descriptions of the unfortunate human condition. I write ‘chastened’ because I see myself in an awful lot of that negative thinking. You can’t not dwell on it, eh! Takes us over like remote control.

The social alienation you describe happens to me, too, in waves. I love helping people so that part of my life gets amputated.

My shrink is nicknamed Dr. ECT! But he is actually a very kind, sensitive, intelligent man. When I first consulted him, completely by coincidence, he tried two different psych meds, then Ketamine. 

But he saw that meds were doing awful things to me. I was already weaning at 15-year Mirtazapine habit & discovered the SA community. I am the first patient to whom he’s offered psychotherapy. His ‘therapy’ a grab bag without a handle but we cover a lot of ground & I’ve discovered a lot of stuff that was hidden.

Does therapy work? Answer next issue!

I want to remind you of Swami Sivananda: “There is no unbearable suffering.” (Emphasis mine.) I’m here, listening. 

Doc is not God spelled backwards!

Mirtazapine 30mg 2003-February 2022

Vortioxetine 10mg December 2021

Quetiapine 12.5mg - 25mg - 50mg - 75mg January-March 2022

Trazodone 50mg 2003-present

Alprazolam 1 mg August 2019-present