Gilly

Gilly

Hi, I'm Gilly and I just wanted to say hello. My psychiatrist wants me to come down from 100mg Nortriptyline to zero in six weeks. That isn't going to happen! I am down to 75mg by removing one of my 25mg tablets but I am struggling. So I'm going to try and stabilize at 75mg and then take it much more slowly. The psychiatrist wanted me to swap over to Prozac. But if it's going to take 8 months then I probably won't replace it at all. Biggest problem Is suicidal thoughts. I see that's quite common! Thanks tor having me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gilly and welcome to SA,

To get you started, we ask all members to create a drug signature which will show below every post you make.  Please use the following format:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

This is your own Intro topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.  We encourage members to visit other members' topics so you can support each other.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management