Liamb123456: Zoloft 50mg

Liamb123456

Hi my name Liam was on 50 mg cold turkey Zoloft 6 moths still in very bad way was on it for 8 months doctor said it was fine to come off by was I wrong paining for it now 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello, Liamb, and welcome to SA.  I'm sorry you are feeling so bad.  

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature
Your symptoms are known and acknowledged as common in withdrawal from SSRI medications and other neuro-psycho-active substances.  This is common when there is a too-fast taper or cold-turkey.   Please read:

Have you given any thought to reinstating at a very small dose of Zoloft?  At this time, reinstatement of a very small dose of the original drug is the only known way to help alleviate withdrawal syndrome and then to hold until you stabilize.  The only other alternative is to try and wait out the symptoms and manage as best you can until your central nervous system returns to homeostasis.  Unfortunately no one can give you an exact timeline as to when you will start feeling better and while some do recover relatively easily, for others it can take many months to much longer.

I will attach the link on reinstatement to give you an idea of the process involved and ask you to pay particular attention to the risks and benefits.  Because you have been off of Zoloft for six months you need to be aware that a reinstatement may not be successful as it is best done when withdrawal symptoms first appear. 

What is known about reinstatement from reading and from patient experience as posted on online support sites:
  • According to medical knowledge, reinstatement is the only way to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
  • Reinstatement is best done immediately upon appearance of withdrawal symptoms. The more time that passes, the less likely it is to work.
  • The length of this window of opportunity varies according to the individual. Sometimes people can reinstate successfully months after quitting. Others cannot.
  • Often a partial dose will relieve withdrawal symptoms. If, for example, you were taking 20mg Paxil and quit rapidly only a few days ago, 5mg or 10mg may be enough. Others find they need a higher dose.
  • Start low to see what you need. You can always increase if necessary. If you've been off the drug for a month or more, many people can find relief from antidepressant withdrawal symptoms by reinstating as little as 1mg-5mg.
If reinstatement is something you might want to consider, please let me know and we will suggest an appropriate dosage to reinstate.  To do this, we will need you to complete your signature so we can give you informed advice.  Please do not reinstate the previous dose of Zoloft you were taking.  In the six months you've been off the drug, your brain has made some adjustments and likely would not react well to your former full dose.

In the meantime, you might also want to consider incorporating a technique or two that you can practice on a day-to-day basis to help you manage some of the more difficult withdrawal symptoms.  You can find a few ideas at the link below:

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

You may also want to try supplementing Magnesium and/or Omega 3 which seem to be helpful in relaxing and healing the central nervous system and you can read more about these supplements below:

I hope that you find the information here helps you to make an informed decision regarding the options available to you at this time.  Please feel free to connect with other members in their introduction threads, Surviving Antidepressants has a very supportive community that are here to share their experiences and help where they can.   Please let us know how you are doing and what you end up deciding to do. 

Best,
Gridley

This is YOUR introduction topic -- the place for you to ask questions, record symptoms, share your progress, and connect with other members of the SA community. I hope you'll find the information in the SA forums helpful for your situation. I'm sorry that you are in the position that you need the information, but am glad that you found us.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Liamb123456: Zoloft 50mg

Welcome Liamb

Interested in making a submission on wdl difficulties to the Scottish Government...you are neighbours.

nz11

see my drug sig for details.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

• 4 months later...

Hi everybody I cold turkey 50 mg off Zoloft and was only on it 8 or 9 months can't remember excactly but im off 10 months the depression is still very  bad like sometimes it's sucidal then I get thought to harm people which went away now are back just in starting to think I might have  permanent brain damage also I was on ambien which I abused for over illness I had not sure it's from that or Zoloft but havint taking sleeping pill in over 13 months also can withdrawls last this long even doh I wasn't on it this long the drug only 8/9 months

• Administrator

Hello again, LIamb. Here's your Intro topic. Please follow or bookmark it and be sure to read the responses in it.

Way back in February, gridley suggested you look into reinstating a very small amount of Zoloft. Did you try this?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Hi Liam and welcome to SA. In answer to your question ...... yes, withdrawal can last this long ......... in fact it is fairly common to hit a bad stage (acute WD) at about this time frame. Hang in there .....

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liamb,

The 10 month wave is quite common. I had a bad dose of it myself. It is usually followed by some dramatic improvements.

It doesn’t end at “0”

Hang in there .

2001: 20mg paroxetine
2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg; 05Mar-0.9mg; 15Mar-0.8mg; 22Mar-0.7mg; 02Apr-0.6; 09Apr-0.5mg; 16Apr-0.4mg; 23Apr-0.3; 03May-0.2mg; 10May-0.1mg

Finished taper 17 May 2017.

Read my success story

I am not a medical professional. The information I provide is not medical advice. If in doubt please consult with a qualified healthcare provider.

On 6/18/2018 at 11:58 PM, Dan998 said:

Hi Liamb,

The 10 month wave is quite common. I had a bad dose of it myself. It is usually followed by some dramatic improvements.

It doesn’t end at “0”

Hang in there .

Did you cold turkey or taper 

• Moderator Emeritus

I tried doing both. Had a few failed CT attempts over the years. Usually, after a couple of weeks, it would become unbearable and I would assume I was seriously ill, run back to the doctor and go back on at full dose.

The last attempt I tried to 'tough it out' and lasted nearly three months. Then I found SA and discovered that I wasn't going nuts. This was all normal for withdrawal. With my new found knowledge about tapering I managed to finally get free of these awful drugs.

I've been off just over a year now. Still get some mild anxiety and insomnia, but most of my other symptoms have gone away. 

2003-2014: Switched between 20mg citalopram and 10mg escitalopram with several failed CT's
2015: Jan/ Feb-very fast taper off citalopram; Mar/ Apr-crashed; 23 Apr-reinstated 5mg; 05 May-updosed to 10mg; 15 Jul-started taper; Aug-9.0mg; Sep-8.1mg; Oct-7.6mg; Nov-6.8mg; Dec-6.2mg
2016: Jan-5.7mg; Feb-5.2mg; Mar-5.0mg;  Apr-4.5mg; May-4.05mg; Jun-3.65mg; Jul-3.3mg; Aug-2.95mg; 04Sep-2.65mg; 25Sep-2.4mg; 23Oct-2.15mg; 13Nov-1.95mg; 04Dec-1.75mg; 25Dec-1.55mg.
2017: 08Jan-1.4mg; 22Jan-1.25mg; 12Feb-1.1mg; 26Feb-1.0mg; 05Mar-0.9mg; 15Mar-0.8mg; 22Mar-0.7mg; 02Apr-0.6; 09Apr-0.5mg; 16Apr-0.4mg; 23Apr-0.3; 03May-0.2mg; 10May-0.1mg

Read my success story

I am not a medical professional. The information I provide is not medical advice. If in doubt please consult with a qualified healthcare provider.

28 minutes ago, Dan998 said:

I tried doing both. Had a few failed CT attempts over the years. Usually, after a couple of weeks, it would become unbearable and I would assume I was seriously ill, run back to the doctor and go back on at full dose.

The last attempt I tried to 'tough it out' and lasted nearly three months. Then I found SA and discovered that I wasn't going nuts. This was all normal for withdrawal. With my new found knowledge about tapering I managed to finally get free of these awful drugs.

I've been off just over a year now. Still get some mild anxiety and insomnia, but most of my other symptoms have gone away. 

So you belive you will heal fully 

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I'm fairly certain that I will make a full recovery. I'm not there yet and reckon it might take a few more years. But, everybody eventually heals. It is a pattern that we have seen here many times.

If you haven't already, then I'd highly recommend checking out our success stories forum for further inspiration. 

Success stories: Recovery from withdrawal

Read my success story

• 1 month later...

Hi Liam here again just wanted to know if any ever had a symptom off withdrawals of stomach distended 24/7 it like my bowels are swollen and I have a pot belly it can get little better after sleep wen I wake up bit get worse as the days goes on even if I don't eat or drink I'm talking to someone  on this recently I don't know if I should mention there name or not but they have this symptom over 7 years since coming off meds not sure if they wen cold turkey or taper but they told me it permanent damage from meds I'm freaked out now thinking I have permanent damaged from coming off Zoloft ct only year ago still have this distended belly symptom has anyone got this symptom did  it heal would love to know.. I also ct ambien which I abused too 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liam,

I thought I would just respond to your inquiries via PM here.  That will keep your journey up to date so that others can also respond.

I do see that you need to do a signature: Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

This is the section that you see below posts.

As far as my history goes and current status of health and healing:

I went on and off many drugs that were prescribed to me in the doctor recommended way.  I don't think that I totally C/T(cold turkey) ed  off any of them, but did do some really rapid tapers on some.  And then...... was often switched from one drug to another.  Sometimes I was on 2 medications at a time, and a few times probably 3.  I finally figured out that I wasn't getting anywhere close to better or well........just sicker..........I had always kind  of intuitively known something was not right about the treatment I was getting.  I read Robert Whitaker's book, Anatomy of an Epidemic.  I found some people in real life and in online communities who shared my views.......and well, here I am........medication free and doing pretty well for the most part.

I've been off my last drug oxcarbazepine/Trileptal now for about 20 months........I did taper down on that one much more judiciously.

I'm healing well at this point.  Life stressors are still difficult, yet manageable........those kind of things that just come up..... will still send me into a bit of wavish-ness, if you will.  Your welcome to visit my introduction, it's linked at the bottom of my signature.

On 8/2/2018 at 9:04 PM, Liamb123456 said:

Hi Liam here again just wanted to know if any ever had a symptom off withdrawals of stomach distended 24/7 it like my bowels are swollen and I have a pot belly it can get little better after sleep wen I wake up bit get worse as the days goes on even if I don't eat or drink I'm talking to someone  on this recently I don't know if I should mention there name or not but they have this symptom over 7 years since coming off meds not sure if they wen cold turkey or taper but they told me it permanent damage from meds I'm freaked out now thinking I have permanent damaged from coming off Zoloft ct only year ago still have this distended belly symptom has anyone got this symptom did  it heal would love to know.. I also ct ambien which I abused too 

I didn't have the type of symptom that you describe ^.  I don't believe in permanent damage from drugs/medications........I kind of frame it now like a chronic condition......autonomic nervous system dysfunction, protracted withdrawal or discontinuation syndrome, or it is what it is..........something to be aware of.........and it can be a bit of a challenge to find........ and then sometimes switch up coping skills and such.  I don't frame it as permanent damage.  I'm always progressing in healing.

You might consider a Doctor's opinion on your stomach distension.  Often, many people do report gut issues and dietary concerns after drugs/medications.  From my understanding there are serotonin receptors in the gut........even more than those in the brain.  So when the drug is withdrawn there is a lot to heal and normalize.

Here's what I found on site.......by typing in my main browser........stomach and gut issues survivingantidepressants.org.  Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhea, bloating, gerd

You might want to add to that discussion or post there, to ask if others have experienced the same as you.  See how they manage. 

I did have some gut(indigestion, maybe a bit of bloating) issues early on in more acute withdrawal.......and used a little bit of organic raw, unfiltered, Apple Cider Vinegar, with the mother root........suggested by a moderator here at the time.......and it helped.  I use it once in awhile still if I have an upset tummy.  I mix it in with some herbal tea and honey and then sip with a straw(it can be hard on tooth enamel).  So there's that.   Warm baths help me too.

I personally love this site beyondmeds.com and found this there: Mental health and diet: nutrition and gut health

The site is maintained and added to by a peer/friend who came off a whole smorgasbord of a medication cocktail.  She's a warrior advocate who has dedicated a lot to the rest of us.

A general search may give you a lot of information as well, to sift through.

I hope that answers your questions and gives you some ideas to help manage your symptoms.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Liamb,

It does take time to heal from these drugs. 

As other members have pointed out, everyone does heal eventually. 

The healing process at the beginning is the most difficult to get through, because it feels  like you are constantly trying to stay afloat. 

I always envisaged this process akin to being attached to an elastic band,  and then being pulled backwards, while trying to push forward. 

That is how it felt for me for the first 3 years. 

You have to hang in there and let mother nature take its course. 

A lot of people experience intrusive thoughts while going through this process.  Don't be alarmed,  it does go away eventually. 

Stay positive and keep pushing through it. 

Have you seen a doctor in regards to your stomach issues? 

Have you tried pro biotics or ruled out any food allergies or gluten intolerance? 

A lot of people become sensitive to certain foods,  supplements while going through WDS.

Take care, Hopefull. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

On 8/21/2018 at 4:42 AM, manymoretodays said:

Hi Liam,

I thought I would just respond to your inquiries via PM here.  That will keep your journey up to date so that others can also respond.

I do see that you need to do a signature: Please put your withdrawal history in your signature

This is the section that you see below posts.

As far as my history goes and current status of health and healing:

I went on and off many drugs that were prescribed to me in the doctor recommended way.  I don't think that I totally C/T(cold turkey) ed  off any of them, but did do some really rapid tapers on some.  And then...... was often switched from one drug to another.  Sometimes I was on 2 medications at a time, and a few times probably 3.  I finally figured out that I wasn't getting anywhere close to better or well........just sicker..........I had always kind  of intuitively known something was not right about the treatment I was getting.  I read Robert Whitaker's book, Anatomy of an Epidemic.  I found some people in real life and in online communities who shared my views.......and well, here I am........medication free and doing pretty well for the most part.

I've been off my last drug oxcarbazepine/Trileptal now for about 20 months........I did taper down on that one much more judiciously.

I'm healing well at this point.  Life stressors are still difficult, yet manageable........those kind of things that just come up..... will still send me into a bit of wavish-ness, if you will.  Your welcome to visit my introduction, it's linked at the bottom of my signature.

I didn't have the type of symptom that you describe ^.  I don't believe in permanent damage from drugs/medications........I kind of frame it now like a chronic condition......autonomic nervous system dysfunction, protracted withdrawal or discontinuation syndrome, or it is what it is..........something to be aware of.........and it can be a bit of a challenge to find........ and then sometimes switch up coping skills and such.  I don't frame it as permanent damage.  I'm always progressing in healing.

You might consider a Doctor's opinion on your stomach distension.  Often, many people do report gut issues and dietary concerns after drugs/medications.  From my understanding there are serotonin receptors in the gut........even more than those in the brain.  So when the drug is withdrawn there is a lot to heal and normalize.

Here's what I found on site.......by typing in my main browser........stomach and gut issues survivingantidepressants.org.  Digestive problems: nausea, diarrhea, bloating, gerd

You might want to add to that discussion or post there, to ask if others have experienced the same as you.  See how they manage. 

I did have some gut(indigestion, maybe a bit of bloating) issues early on in more acute withdrawal.......and used a little bit of organic raw, unfiltered, Apple Cider Vinegar, with the mother root........suggested by a moderator here at the time.......and it helped.  I use it once in awhile still if I have an upset tummy.  I mix it in with some herbal tea and honey and then sip with a straw(it can be hard on tooth enamel).  So there's that.   Warm baths help me too.

I personally love this site beyondmeds.com and found this there: Mental health and diet: nutrition and gut health

The site is maintained and added to by a peer/friend who came off a whole smorgasbord of a medication cocktail.  She's a warrior advocate who has dedicated a lot to the rest of us.

A general search may give you a lot of information as well, to sift through.

I hope that answers your questions and gives you some ideas to help manage your symptoms.

mmt

Hey thanks for the reply I read thread you thrend  ah about the digestive problems... 

just i am experiencing distended belly 24/7 I was talking so another person on this site and they told me they have from these meds had it last 8 years it hasn't got better she 100 percent sure it's permanent damage from the meds.. her stomach is so similar to mine I'm starting to think it permanent like her I've tried every diet there helping it I've tried probiotics still not help in fixing I'm just so paranoid this is permanent dame cause bybthis meds as I'm one year out and there is still change in  my distended stomach... 

On 8/22/2018 at 1:26 PM, Hopefull said:

Hi Liamb,

It does take time to heal from these drugs. 

As other members have pointed out, everyone does heal eventually. 

The healing process at the beginning is the most difficult to get through, because it feels  like you are constantly trying to stay afloat. 

I always envisaged this process akin to being attached to an elastic band,  and then being pulled backwards, while trying to push forward. 

That is how it felt for me for the first 3 years. 

You have to hang in there and let mother nature take its course. 

A lot of people experience intrusive thoughts while going through this process.  Don't be alarmed,  it does go away eventually. 

Stay positive and keep pushing through it. 

Have you seen a doctor in regards to your stomach issues? 

Have you tried pro biotics or ruled out any food allergies or gluten intolerance? 

A lot of people become sensitive to certain foods,  supplements while going through WDS.

Take care, Hopefull. 

Hey hopeful

just i am experiencing distended belly 24/7 I was talking so another person on this site and they told me they have from these meds had it last 8 years it hasn't got better she 100 percent sure it's permanent damage from the meds.. her stomach is so similar to mine I'm starting to think it permanent like her I've tried every diet there helping it I've tried probiotics still not help in fixing I'm just so paranoid this is permanent dame cause bybthis meds as I'm one year out and there is still change in  my distended stomach... 

• Moderator Emeritus

Liamb,

It might be time for you to check with a doctor or nutritionist regarding your symptom.   Hopefully just for reassurance.   It might help with with the paranoia/worries about it. 

If that's your only symptom that's pretty great really!  If you check out healthy you might consider some CBT therapy.

That persons story may not be your own........don't let it rule your own recovery and healing.

I haven't had ongoing problems with distension.  I did have a bout of hemorrhoids early on(might of been related to the medication I was tapering or it just was).

I do a daily breakfast concoction of spinach, berries, greek yogurt or kefir, a bit of protein powder, and juice.  Seems to work well as far as keeping me from any gut symptoms.  Oh, warm baths too.  Very relaxing for the gut.

Could you do a drug signature for us. 

Are you on any other medications at present? 

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

3 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Liamb,

It might be time for you to check with a doctor or nutritionist regarding your symptom.   Hopefully just for reassurance.   It might help with with the paranoia/worries about it. 

If that's your only symptom that's pretty great really!  If you check out healthy you might consider some CBT therapy.

That persons story may not be your own........don't let it rule your own recovery and healing.

I haven't had ongoing problems with distension.  I did have a bout of hemorrhoids early on(might of been related to the medication I was tapering or it just was).

I do a daily breakfast concoction of spinach, berries, greek yogurt or kefir, a bit of protein powder, and juice.  Seems to work well as far as keeping me from any gut symptoms.  Oh, warm baths too.  Very relaxing for the gut.

Could you do a drug signature for us. 

Are you on any other medications at present? 

mmt

Hey being too a doctor and nutritionist they say it's Ibs but I know it's not that 100 percent cause even water bloating my stomach it just not right what going on.. had ultrasound done on abdominal it all came back fine.. 

no no I still have depression anxiety anhedonia.. still get tingling sensation all over body burnkimg sking too.. internal vibrating too which is with me 24/7.. 

ive tried every diet there is and for long periods off time like my belly distended worse as the day goes on even wen I don't eat.. get worse after stress too.. 

i was on 50mg off sertaline for 9 months wen  I look back I think I had adverse reaction but I kept taking cause I taught was me as I had illness atvtime which I thought was causing it but I no know that wasn't case it was the meds... 

i was on sleeping pill too I abused them for for couple months caused I couldn't sleep with meds the sleep was ambien 10 mg 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liamb,

I saw your question about books on withdrawal- 

"Hey happytoheal I see you read books on withdrawals can you remember the ones they were as I would like purpose them losing hope I am"

I just put into my browser survivingantidepressants.org recommended books and voila', a topic came up that is here:

Recommended books

It does look like there a some good ones there that don't just strictly focus on W/D but also focus on ideas and techniques that may help you.  Personally, I liked one called "The Cure", it talked about using placebos and the power of belief.

Use your search engine though to find out if we already have something collected here. 

Or go to the symptom and self care section and use the search box, type in the topic, and you'll find some coping skills you could try, or even just validation of your experiences.

Once again, if you could try to put your history in your signature.........it's very helpful.  Especially knowing at a glance some of the dates.  Rough dates are fine if you don't remember exactly.

On 2/3/2018 at 12:06 PM, Gridley said:
To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years. 
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago) 
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016. 
  • Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses. 
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

This not only helps moderators and administration, it helps others to know where you are coming from.  You might not be able to view the signature if you are posting from a phone but those of us who are using desktop full screens can.

I did see your additional symptoms in your previous post as well.  Is there anything you do for stress reduction?  Sometimes it can be as simple as a walk. 

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

On 8/24/2018 at 12:07 PM, Liamb123456 said:

Hey hopeful

just i am experiencing distended belly 24/7 I was talking so another person on this site and they told me they have from these meds had it last 8 years it hasn't got better she 100 percent sure it's permanent damage from the meds.. her stomach is so similar to mine I'm starting to think it permanent like her I've tried every diet there helping it I've tried probiotics still not help in fixing I'm just so paranoid this is permanent dame cause bybthis meds as I'm one year out and there is still change in  my distended stomach... 

Do you get pain in your abdomen? 

What did your doctors advise you to do?

I hope it gets better for you.

Take care, Hopefull.

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

21 hours ago, Hopefull said:

Do you get pain in your abdomen? 

What did your doctors advise you to do?

I hope it gets better for you.

Take care, Hopefull.

Yes I seen doctor told me it's Ibs which I know isn't that what so ever the meds have does this too me 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm off meds 13 months and now I have developed many many foods sensitivities is this normal to happen this late out few months ago I could eat anything now I can't cause depression please someone get back too 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Liamb,  Are you doing some food diaries?  That might help you identify which foods to avoid, at least temporarily.   I've found that I have changed a few times....post medications......as far as what I can and cannot tolerate.  Are you saying some foods cause you to feel depressed?   How are your gut issues now?  What helps?  L, p, h, and g.  mmt

1 hour ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Liamb,  Are you doing some food diaries?  That might help you identify which foods to avoid, at least temporarily.   I've found that I have changed a few times....post medications......as far as what I can and cannot tolerate.  Are you saying some foods cause you to feel depressed?   How are your gut issues now?  What helps?  L, p, h, and g.  mmt

No see it was like my nervous system  has got worse and cause stomach issues and food sensitivities it like anything I sets me off it crazy like 2 months ago I could it anything this mental torture is this permanent damage Ye not sure if foods causing me to be depressed or withdrawals cause I was eating anything few months ago I wasn't getting depressed I like I was living off chicken and sweet potatoes for 2 weeks and still depressed is this a new wave off at 13 months or did I eat something to trigger this?? 

• Administrator

Hello, Liamb.

What do you mean by "depression"? Do you have any post-acute withdrawal symptoms besides that and the gut issues?

Do you eat fresh fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Liamb.

What do you mean by "depression"? Do you have any post-acute withdrawal symptoms besides that and the gut issues?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Hey altostrata no like I never had depression in my life till I came off meds cold turkey it was bad few months off it was doing ok get in with life now I'm 13 months off like my body has become more   Sensitive too foods I was eating healthy last two weeks but still no change 

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, Liamb.

Yes I did have acute post withdrawals I did have that 

• Administrator

What does "depression" feel like to you?

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature  This may be easier on a desktop computer.

Hi Liamb,

im so sorry you are having sensitivity to food too. Im in huge trouble from multiple reactions to foods contains aspartame and MGS.

what symptoms do you get from what types of food?

lex 

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

3 hours ago, LexAnger said:

Hi Liamb,

im so sorry you are having sensitivity to food too. Im in huge trouble from multiple reactions to foods contains aspartame and MGS.

what symptoms do you get from what types of food?

lex 

I feel anxiety agitated depression you 

I had many sxs, anxiety, fast heart pounding, tingling, electric buzzling, burning, headache, tremor, blurred vision, numb/swollen feet, body aches, joint pains, muscle spasm and crazy stiffness, plus more I can't remember.

did it do away for you quickly or persisting over time?

what food did you react to?

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:35 PM, Liamb123456 said:

Hey altostrata no like I never had depression in my life till I came off meds cold turkey it was bad few months off it was doing ok get in with life now I'm 13 months off like my body has become more   Sensitive too foods I was eating healthy last two weeks but still no change 

It needs to be a total lifestyle change in regards to food,educate yourself about whole foods ,basically eating it in the state  "nature designed".

https://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/plans/diets/clean-eating/?page=2

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.