SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Miracle123: Lexapro withdrawal

Miracle123

• Moderator Emeritus

Great update, Miracle 123.  I'm very happy to hear you're doing well and managing your withdrawal symptoms without too much trouble.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

13 hours ago, Gridley said:

Great update, Miracle 123.  I'm very happy to hear you're doing well and managing your withdrawal symptoms without too much trouble.

Thanks Gridley, i also hope you will doing much more better on your taper and i can hear from your good news too. Take care.

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, im coming back to updated. Actually on this coming soon saturday i already 6 mths off of lexapro and 7.5 mth lorezepam. On my way here i got a bit improvement i noticed but still long way to go. Window and waves come eveyday like a roller coaster...i can call small waves visit me.. for example i will keep myself busy if heart pounding over there or here, brain zap or tightling neck or throat....sometimes stress and depression..so this not so noticeble and manageble. Stomach issue i getting better over few weeks  cos i took probiotic everyday. 

But yesterday night.....suddenly i feel my throat will closed it and i couldnt breathed and in hurry i walk outside to take fresh air to cool down with rapid heart pouding make my hubby scared ...Actually he really understand i on WD. I feel my brain like been smashed and my face numb and tightling over my neck and throat and wanna to pass out and out of control. Really scared me and think about rush to hospital.i really confused.....but i always keep telling myself its withdrawal not to worry that....i not gonna die anyway..but consider big waves for me. 

Today my heart ponding so bad and throat like chocking or something stuck inside .....OMG come back again.....feeling hopeless, tired , life no meaningfull and prepared to die anytime .......thats my feeling right now.....i feel tired with those WD repeated the same... i love this forum and always coming back to read others here...hope for coming soon month i still got new hope of recovery to updated here...take care all 😊

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Hi all, yesterday night when fall asleep , suddenly  around 12am woke up with chest fullness and heavy , extreme heart ponding i think more than 150 beat per minutes.....i couldnt sleep, phobia, feel something struck inside my throat, vomitting few times, feel numb faces , brain like been smashed, thightling behind head and around neck area, anxienty and shaking....i took ppi (proton pump inhibition - nexpro 20mg)just 1 dose last tuesday night....until now havent take any cos feellind my body uncomfortable. Wanna ask if somebody experience like me before??? When this will be over.....so affraid now....my anxienty up of the roof.....its call protracted withdrawal i faced now? Now considered wanna admiited to hospital for check up......but affraid hospital will give me AD and benzo again......what should i do now?

15 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi all, yesterday night when fall asleep , suddenly  around 12am woke up with chest fullness and heavy , extreme heart ponding i think more than 150 beat per minutes.....i couldnt sleep, phobia, feel something struck inside my throat, vomitting few times, feel numb faces , brain like been smashed, thightling behind head and around neck area, anxienty and shaking....i took ppi (proton pump inhibition - nexpro 20mg)just 1 dose last tuesday night....until now havent take any cos feellind my body uncomfortable. Wanna ask if somebody experience like me before??? When this will be over.....so affraid now....my anxienty up of the roof.....its call protracted withdrawal i faced now? Now considered wanna admiited to hospital for check up......but affraid hospital will give me AD and benzo again......what should i do now?

sorry you are having a  bad time, there is a good chance that nexpro has caused this, nexpro is Esomeprazole, these are very bad for you so need to avoid if can, there is a thread about these, see below, and Alto has said they can have adverse neurological effects:

Nervous System/Psychiatric: Psychiatric and sleep disturbances including depression, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, confusion, insomnia, nervousness, apathy, somnolence, anxiety, and dream abnormalities; tremors, paresthesia; vertigo

you really need to try and avoid all drugs and most supplements if you can,

hope you improve soon,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

11 hours ago, dj2010 said:

sorry you are having a  bad time, there is a good chance that nexpro has caused this, nexpro is Esomeprazole, these are very bad for you so need to avoid if can, there is a thread about these, see below, and Alto has said they can have adverse neurological effects:

Nervous System/Psychiatric: Psychiatric and sleep disturbances including depression, agitation, aggression, hallucinations, confusion, insomnia, nervousness, apathy, somnolence, anxiety, and dream abnormalities; tremors, paresthesia; vertigo

you really need to try and avoid all drugs and most supplements if you can,

hope you improve soon,

take care

Hi Dj, yes....you r right....these few day i hit badly with horrible withdrawal...my mind racing so badly like i out of control. I no dare to take nepro anymore, 1 dose its enough to suffer now. I cant sleep well for 2 night wake up every hour even take melatonin or fadec tablet no help at all. The only way is let me body help itself....even supplement i also cant take now.wanna to cry now...

Thanks for you to come in and give me advice. I will more becareful for take any medicine or supplement for future.

Hi all, i really hit badly with numb all over my face area and throat. .....like i choking or coudnt breathed. Any solution can help for adverse neurological effect? How long it lasting? 

Hi Miracle. As already mentioned, it could possibly be the PPI or withdrawal. Did you only take the 1 dose? It may take a while for your system to come back to homeostasis and settle after this upset.

These symptoms of yours seem fairly typical of withdrawal (as seen here)

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

There are so many different symptoms during withdrawal but it seems like yours are usual , if you check the list. No one can say how long it will last. We are each our own experiment. I'm sorry that I can't be more exact ~ but this is a very inexact science  ~ due to the variable factors/ characteristics of these drugs and the way they interact individually in each and every of us.

You seem to be doing well ~ hang in there.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

26 minutes ago, AliG said:

Hi Miracle. As already mentioned, it could possibly be the PPI or withdrawal. Did you only take the 1 dose? It may take a while for your system to come back to homeostasis and settle after this upset.

These symptoms of yours seem fairly typical of withdrawal (as seen here)

Dr. Joseph Glenmullen's withdrawal symptom checklist

There are so many different symptoms during withdrawal but it seems like yours are usual , if you check the list. No one can say how long it will last. We are each our own experiment. I'm sorry that I can't be more exact ~ but this is a very inexact science  ~ due to the variable factors/ characteristics of these drugs and the way they interact individually in each and every of us.

You seem to be doing well ~ hang in there.

Ali

Hi Ali, Thanks for your fast reply. I only took 1 dose but already so scary. I really confused. I already think of reinstated a little bit benzo to help. But still think about it. Maybe i will wait and hope will get better soon. Thanks so much.

4 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

I already think of reinstated a little bit benzo to help.

Hi M. What do you mean ? Have you reinstated a benzo or are you still thinking about it?  If you are thinking about it ~ please don't. It's a rabbit hole that you really don't want to go down.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

6 hours ago, AliG said:

Hi M. What do you mean ? Have you reinstated a benzo or are you still thinking about it?  If you are thinking about it ~ please don't. It's a rabbit hole that you really don't want to go down.

Ali

Hi Ali, i never touch lorezapam or any benzo right now. But the suffer make me desperately to find some alternative to relieve.  Tonigt still coudnt sleep well....wake up 3.30am now...i think sleep less than 3 hour. Thanks for your advice.

For updated.....I admitted to the hospital and landed at ER for checking. This morning go for jogging suddenly feel pressure over my head, numb faces ,short of breathless, fainted, choking sensation...I could eat breakfast and extremes axienty. Right now still waiting for do all those test to see what the healthy problem. 

For updated...i just come back from the hospital..doing ECG seem fine and ultrasound gasbladder stone all clear and will do endoscopy for colon and stomach later (need to make appointment)...given me some medicine to eat..X'tac 150 and motilium 10mg. I so phobia to take any medicine now? Just wanna know any member take those before? Any side effect or will trigger WD? I really need to know...please?Thanks.

4 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

For updated.....I admitted to the hospital and landed at ER for checking. This morning go for jogging suddenly feel pressure over my head, numb faces ,short of breathless, fainted, choking sensation...I could eat breakfast and extremes axienty. Right now still waiting for do all those test to see what the healthy problem. 

Hi Miracle, sorry to hear this, this sounds like you had a classic panic attack, i used to have them all the time, I would hyperventilate, my face would go numb and my muscles would seize up, it was very difficult to breath, i had one that bad once I was on the floor unable to move as all muscles had seized up, my mother called a ambulance and i was taken to hospital,

What happened was likely brought on by jogging, the only exercise that is recommended while in withdrawal is walking, light swimming and yoga, you need to avoid any exercise that puts stress on the body or causes too much activity in the brain, I have only very recently been able to do some light jogging,

22 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

For updated...i just come back from the hospital..doing ECG seem fine and ultrasound gasbladder stone all clear and will do endoscopy for colon and stomach later (need to make appointment)...given me some medicine to eat..X'tac 150 and motilium 10mg. I so phobia to take any medicine now? Just wanna know any member take those before? Any side effect or will trigger WD? I really need to know...please?Thanks.

you need to be very careful with these drugs especially motillium which works by blocking dopamine receptors:  http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/digestive-health/a7160/motilium-domperidone/

hopefully the mods will give more advice, I would not touch the drugs until you hear from them,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

18 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Miracle, sorry to hear this, this sounds like you had a classic panic attack, i used to have them all the time, I would hyperventilate, my face would go numb and my muscles would seize up, it was very difficult to breath, i had one that bad once I was on the floor unable to move as all muscles had seized up, my mother called a ambulance and i was taken to hospital,

What happened was likely brought on by jogging, the only exercise that is recommended while in withdrawal is walking, light swimming and yoga, you need to avoid any exercise that puts stress on the body or causes too much activity in the brain, I have only very recently been able to do some light jogging,

you need to be very careful with these drugs especially motillium which works by blocking dopamine receptors:  http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/digestive-health/a7160/motilium-domperidone/

hopefully the mods will give more advice, I would not touch the drugs until you hear from them,

take care

Thanks Dj for coming back and your advice...i now not to touch any medicine right now....but after food..i always feel something stuck in my throat....today i feel chest pain...i think its acid reflux cos i never eat any breakfast. I hope others will give me advise.. the only way i took gaviscon to relief.

Hi Dj, how long this classic panik attack will be over? Any solution would help as per your experience? Many thanks.

2 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Thanks Dj for coming back and your advice...i now not to touch any medicine right now....but after food..i always feel something stuck in my throat....today i feel chest pain...i think its acid reflux cos i never eat any breakfast. I hope others will give me advise.. the only way i took gaviscon to relief.

in the past I have used apple cinder vinegar for apple reflux and it always worked great, you might want to try this instead of using any drugs:  http://www.refluxmd.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux/

3 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

in the past I have used apple cinder vinegar for apple reflux and it always worked great, you might want to try this instead of using any drugs:  http://www.refluxmd.com/apple-cider-vinegar-for-acid-reflux/

Thanks Dj, i will try it again. Regarding about classic panic attack, how you goes through this difficuties....i means any solution? How long it will be subsides? Many thanks.

1 minute ago, Miracle123 said:

Thanks Dj, i will try it again. Regarding about classic panic attack, how you goes through this difficuties....i means any solution? How long it will be subsides? Many thanks.

Hi Miracle, mine used to last for around 30 minutes, using a paper bag to breath in sometimes helped, sitting in a cool shower was the most effective thing for me,

take care

3 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Miracle, mine used to last for around 30 minutes, using a paper bag to breath in sometimes helped, sitting in a cool shower was the most effective thing for me,

take care

Thanks , lucky my house got stored organic apple cider mother brands....i will try it now. Very much appreciate for your help. Hug...and take care too.

• 2 weeks later...

For quick updated. Finally today i really got a bit released and slow down the withdrawal after struggle over 2 week hit with very teribble withdrawal (whole neck and face area numb and got pressure in my head or brain, choking sensation like throat wanna to closed especially after eat make me so phobia to eat anything, no appetite, eyes pain and flu a like feeling, chest painfull like heartburn, shaking, hot flashes, mind racing, short of breathness, weird feeling with crawling by insects, panic attack with heart pounding and feeling dizziness and more) so suffering like a hell..after trying Apple cider vinegar seen help a bit and i have to take probiotic double doses everyday. Try to take slippery elm bark and B complex for 2 days but my body could accept them any. This morning still a bit short of breathness and panic attack...but over time pass i feel a bit released and turn down a bit my withdrawal or even got good window at afternoon until everning feel like a normal again.....so good. My stomach issue a bit better but still no recovered yet.Still in the process of recovered. Please watch up and becarefull when take any medicine or supplement could possible get adversed reaction and trigger our body and withdrawal badly.(only took ppi-nexpro 20mg 1 dose ended up suffering so much) i also try and error to learn from mistake i have done. Take care all.

• Mentor

Hi Miracle123,

Thanks for stopping by my page to say hello. 

I'm sorry to see you are having a difficult time.  I read on this site that B vitamin might be too stimulating for people having withdrawal symptoms.  You might want to check with the mods before taking any supplements. 

I hope that with time all these symptoms go away for you.

Best wishes,

RS

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

12 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Miracle123,

Thanks for stopping by my page to say hello. 

I'm sorry to see you are having a difficult time.  I read on this site that B vitamin might be too stimulating for people having withdrawal symptoms.  You might want to check with the mods before taking any supplements. 

I hope that with time all these symptoms go away for you.

Best wishes,

RS

Hi RS, Thanks for you to come into my threat.....after taking only 2 dose B Complex i stop immediately...right now still going through the withdrawal but they are not as worsed as 2 weeks ago. :D Many thanks and take care too.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, For updated. I m already 7 months off lexapro and 8.5 months for lorezapam. Compared to 2 months ago...i can feel some improvement in  between window and waves. I can get more window for few days with mild withdrawal. Acceptance is a key of recovery is accepted everything weather good or bad. During menstrual cycle time will make my withdrawal flare up make me fear ...but overall i still manageble.Right now the withdrawal i facing is gut issue but seem a lots better after talking probiotic, stomach not bloating but gas always a lots dunno where come from, throat choking sensation like especially after eating i think is my gut issue too, head pressure /brain fog like i got head tumour or exposed so far this the worsed withdrawal like a feeling of nose, eyes pain and ears blocking especially right side..half face numbness like a stroke feeling,sensitive to light or sun, occassional anxiety and panic attack like heart pounding, inner restless and shaking will be mild already, mind racing (mild), loss of hope and no desire to do anything, fear but i can cope with it. I can get back to sleep now without taking anything almost 6 to 8 hrs sleep with walking 2 times can get back to sleep with no problem. Sometimes 2 to 3 days i couldnt sleep well per month its normal for me...with help of taking melotonin 1mg i can sleep for 3-4 hours sleeps.

Regarding supplements...after took 70 capsules magnesium citrate and refill the new bottle i found out i couldnt took new magnesium anymore even after 1 dose i ended up muscles spams or tightling in my throat,neck or shoulders area......feeling i couldnt breathness. Still curious what caused it is? I also took epsom bath but coming out the same withdrawal....Fish oil i took 1 per day but when updosed to twice per day ended up rashes at my hand feel itchy. Trying few times same result....not taking any supplement except probiotic. My body is so high in sensitive and still dont know any new withdrawals coming soon and hope will be over. I really hope another progress or good turning point can proof recovery is really happen. .Withdrawals will never disappear easily immediately but will get milder until u never notice they disappear. Time and patient will proof it.This i always keeping hope and i will come back to updated my progress. Take care all.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi Miracle, I just found your thread. I'm very sorry to read about how sensitive your body is to many things, I can only imagine the feeling. Personally I was lucky enough to not be very sensitive to supplements and similar things during WD (so far), except for my stomach not handling certain foods too well. 

I can relate to the menstrual cycle being a very tough few days, everytime. Reminding myself it will pass helps a lot during those days, even if it's tough.

It's not always possible, but if you can, meditating while you have your windows, as a preparation for the waves I feel can be helpful to prepare the body and the mind for what's to come.  

Hope you're doing okay, and take care!

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

7 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Hi Miracle, I just found your thread. I'm very sorry to read about how sensitive your body is to many things, I can only imagine the feeling. Personally I was lucky enough to not be very sensitive to supplements and similar things during WD (so far), except for my stomach not handling certain foods too well. 

I can relate to the menstrual cycle being a very tough few days, everytime. Reminding myself it will pass helps a lot during those days, even if it's tough.

It's not always possible, but if you can, meditating while you have your windows, as a preparation for the waves I feel can be helpful to prepare the body and the mind for what's to come.  

Hope you're doing okay, and take care!

Ho Sunnyday, Thanks for your caring for stopping by my threat. In early stage of withdrawals i used to meditate everyday for 1 hour its really powerful and helpful. But when time passed i getting more lazy to meditate because i easily tired and also more prefer used up my time to catch on SA forum to read all those member to give me supportive and energy.😁Thanks for your suggestion...i will try back to meditate a least 1/2 hrs everydays is good too. I really appreciated for your kindness.

I also hope you will be getting better and improved milder until to zero in your withdrawals and dont be affraid of your withdrawals. We all the same and i feel your suffering too. Take care.

• Moderator Emeritus

I understand the priority to stay and read here, it can be very helpful and consoling.

And thank you for the reminder, it is needed! Hope you will feel some relief soon as well, it is deserved.

Take care

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

This is very interesting issue i found here. What brassmonkey say is correct and useful. Thanks.

Hi All, i just want to shared about my country historical stories. On the 9th May, Malaysia , my country was having 14th general elections.

For the past 61 years since independent in 1957, we are governs by the same government and never experience changed of government. This government is corrupted. I belived every body in this forum knew the 1MDB scadal in Malaysia. Beside, they are controlling all the government department, system, resources and machinery , gerrymandering in electoral contistiuency, created all kinds of law to supress the freedom of speech etc.

During this time all the Malaysian come out for voting. The people of Malaysia's desire to change is so determined.  Against all odds, the opposition win the GE 14.

These time is our country's reborn and changing to the New Government as we are all waitng for 60 years since independence day. My grandparents is waiting for these unforgettable movements with tears. ( i not yet born out that time since year 1957). We all cheers and happy for these New governments.  Its not easy to achieve because all is poeple power and reunion getting together as we all fight for our next generation and future. That days a lots poeple volunteers to checking , keep an eyes watching the counting ticket even never sleep for that night. Finally THE PEOPLE POWER DEFEATED THE PERSON IN POWER. I so glad and happy because we can changed to our new governments but i can see all achievement with the hope and wish of our people here. I so proud of it. 

• Moderator Emeritus

So happy for you Miracle! For you and the other people over there. I can only imagine the feeling. I've only read very little about Malaysia's history and the election, but it sounds like a relief to say the least. You should feel proud.

And regarding your second last post, brassmonkey's post about emotional spirals is really good and really hits the nail on the head. Great to go back and reread during emotionally tough times. I've had it bookmarked ever since I found this forum, read it several times.

Take care.

3 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

So happy for you Miracle! For you and the other people over there. I can only imagine the feeling. I've only read very little about Malaysia's history and the election, but it sounds like a relief to say the least. You should feel proud.

And regarding your second last post, brassmonkey's post about emotional spirals is really good and really hits the nail on the head. Great to go back and reread during emotionally tough times. I've had it bookmarked ever since I found this forum, read it several times.

Take care.

Thanks and really appreciated  for your caring, Sunnyday, i feel relief and can witness my country transforming into new visions and hopes. 

Regarding about emotional spirals is really good  informations and good to read it. Really like bible during difficult and tough times. I hope I can hear from your improvement update. Warmest hugs and take care too.😊

• 2 weeks later...

My latest updated. Today is 8th months off lexapro and 9.5 months for lorezapam. This month i can see a big improvement and getting mild withdrawals. Im not recovered yet but i can feel like my old self back feeling. Such a wonderful and good to be forever like this but not permanent so far. My withdrawals getting lessen even though everyday i will facing the same.So far my withdrawal is IBS even eat a lots fibers (constipation), head pressure but getting milder a bit, still heart pounding but not bother anymore, back pain or leg and hand numbness (sometimes), blurr vision sometimes like haze vision, dizziness especially morning, sudden mood swings, anger, body sensitive , i can get back to normal sleep about 7 to 8 hours which is good but always got a vivid dream feeling like my brain never restless. So long i wake up feel refresh still no a big problems. Hope everybody here will also recovered and good healtly. Thanks for coming inside my threat and reading. Take care.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update,  Yesterday is my first day of mestrual cycle, feeling not really well ,so tired, headache, neck and throat tightling, jelly leg feel like both leg numbless, restlessness leg feeling like itching, mind racing ,feel a bit electrical shock in head, eye pain especially left side. I really hate mestrual cycle each time will make my withdrawals even though and worse. Its seem like a window and waves pattern keep repeatedly the same. Sometimes you can feel mild but sometimes really worse and suffering. I always to keep myself positive  but when withdrawals attacks coming hit i really lost for everything and lost my patience. Im easy get stressed,  anger, moody during this time. I hate lightheaded feeling especially when wake up in morning and when sun coming out will make my eyes uncomfortable.  I know is light sensitive thats why i always wear sunglasses when im driving or go outside. I hate those feeling especially after and before mestrual cycle. Really hope this will be over but i could not get an answer when recovery and how long? I hate so much Lexapro and Lorazepam this such a poison medicine to make me suffering so much. Hope i wrote down this, i will released and ease my unhappiness and anger. Thanks for reading.

57 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Quick Update,  Yesterday is my first day of mestrual cycle, feeling not really well ,so tired, headache, neck and throat tightling, jelly leg feel like both leg numbless, restlessness leg feeling like itching, mind racing ,feel a bit electrical shock in head, eye pain especially left side. I really hate mestrual cycle each time will make my withdrawals even though and worse. Its seem like a window and waves pattern keep repeatedly the same. Sometimes you can feel mild but sometimes really worse and suffering. I always to keep myself positive  but when withdrawals attacks coming hit i really lost for everything and lost my patience. Im easy get stressed,  anger, moody during this time. I hate lightheaded feeling especially when wake up in morning and when sun coming out will make my eyes uncomfortable.  I know is light sensitive thats why i always wear sunglasses when im driving or go outside. I hate those feeling especially after and before mestrual cycle. Really hope this will be over but i could not get an answer when recovery and how long? I hate so much Lexapro and Lorazepam this such a poison medicine to make me suffering so much. Hope i wrote down this, i will released and ease my unhappiness and anger. Thanks for reading.

Hi Miracle, sorry to hear you are in a wave, remember this will pass, hopefully when you menstrual cycle is over you will be back to baseline, when my wife has her menstrual cycle she feels unwell and is in a very low mood (often takes it out on me) and she has never been medicated so it must be much worse for people in withdrawal,

just try and relax and take good care of yourself until its over,

take care

• Moderator Emeritus
9 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi again Miracle. I was never very affected by my menstrual cycle before taking medication, except for physical pain, but during the withdrawal it has gotten a lot worse. Like you say it's like an extreme setback and it feels like the most intense state of withdrawal. Just remember it will pass after a few days. It's okay to feel negative feelings, but good to not try to act on them too much. Keeping a low profile has helped me during all this.

I have it right now as well, and I feel extremely drowsy and the pain is exceptionally bad. But it's the first time during the withdrawal while having my period that it doesn't feel like the world is going to end. My point is it will get better in the future, it's just a matter of time and waiting it out. The menstrual cycle will get easier as well after a while together with the withdrawal. You'll get through it even if it feels extremely difficult. 

Take care! Hugs.

14 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Miracle, sorry to hear you are in a wave, remember this will pass, hopefully when you menstrual cycle is over you will be back to baseline, when my wife has her menstrual cycle she feels unwell and is in a very low mood (often takes it out on me) and she has never been medicated so it must be much worse for people in withdrawal,

just try and relax and take good care of yourself until its over,

take care

Hi DJ, Thanks so much for your kindness and caring words. Yup, i rest , relax and eating heathly during these time. Your wife are so lucky have you such a understanding and caring husband. Take care too.