SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

☼ Miracle123: Lexapro withdrawal

Miracle123

7 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Hi again Miracle. I was never very affected by my menstrual cycle before taking medication, except for physical pain, but during the withdrawal it has gotten a lot worse. Like you say it's like an extreme setback and it feels like the most intense state of withdrawal. Just remember it will pass after a few days. It's okay to feel negative feelings, but good to not try to act on them too much. Keeping a low profile has helped me during all this.

I have it right now as well, and I feel extremely drowsy and the pain is exceptionally bad. But it's the first time during the withdrawal while having my period that it doesn't feel like the world is going to end. My point is it will get better in the future, it's just a matter of time and waiting it out. The menstrual cycle will get easier as well after a while together with the withdrawal. You'll get through it even if it feels extremely difficult. 

Take care! Hugs.

Hi Sunnyday, How are you recently? Yes , i have no problem with my menstrual cycle before medication .....but since off poison pills i got even worsed and extremed withdrawals before and during menstrual cycle made me feeling upset and hated it. Thanks for your caring and support words. I really lost my patience how long i need to waiting to be back myself. Feeling like inside tunnel for so long i still havent see any light yet. Hope you are fine and well too. Take care and warmest hugs.🤗

Mid December 16 lorezapam 1mg and lexapro 5mg

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Supplement- omega fish oil and magnesium citrate only.

• Moderator Emeritus
14 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Sunnyday, How are you recently? Yes , i have no problem with my menstrual cycle before medication .....but since off poison pills i got even worsed and extremed withdrawals before and during menstrual cycle made me feeling upset and hated it. Thanks for your caring and support words. I really lost my patience how long i need to waiting to be back myself. Feeling like inside tunnel for so long i still havent see any light yet. Hope you are fine and well too. Take care and warmest hugs.🤗

It's manageable for the most part recently, thanks for asking.

Maybe try to read back on the posts you've written where you felt any improvements to remind yourself when you feel hopeless, that can help keep the hopes up for me at least. It tends to feel stagnant because it happens so slowly, but if we look back over a long period of time compared to now, it's usually possible to see some kind of improvement (?). It's a lot of waiting, but as long as we know it's gonna get better (and it will) it can feel a little more hopeful.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

2016: Started tapering Escitalopram 5 mg at a time, every fourth week

July 24th, 2016: Escitalopram 5 mg

April 2nd, 2017: Quit last dosage (WD worsened a lot)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

Ca Dec 2017: Out of Diazepam, i.e free from all prescribed drugs

Now: Still drug free

Supplements: Irregular intake of Omega-3, magnesium, vitamin D.

10 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

It's manageable for the most part recently, thanks for asking.

Maybe try to read back on the posts you've written where you felt any improvements to remind yourself when you feel hopeless, that can help keep the hopes up for me at least. It tends to feel stagnant because it happens so slowly, but if we look back over a long period of time compared to now, it's usually possible to see some kind of improvement (?). It's a lot of waiting, but as long as we know it's gonna get better (and it will) it can feel a little more hopeful.

Actually i always come back to SA Forum when i feeling down or hopeless. Thanks for your advice. Yes....looking back to previous threats(mine) really remind me i got improvement and feeling better with so slowly progress.😂

Early April17 updosed lorezapam 2mg, mid Apr17 taper 1.5mg, mid May17-1.25mg, early Jun17- 1mg, mid Jun17-0.75mg, mid July17-0.5mg, End July 17 reduce from 0.4mg, 0.3mg,0.2mg until 0.1mg.lorezapam free on 9 August 2017.

Early Mar17 updosed to Lexapro 10mg , end Mar17 reduced 7.5mg, mid May17 reduced 0.5mg, End Aug17 reduced 2.5mg, early Sep17 -1.5mg, Mid Sept-1mg, End Sept - 0.5mg .lexapro free on 26 September 2017

Hi All, Just over my mestrual cycle but it seem my waves still keeping come in and not yet turn down. It feel like a setbacks withdrawals.This is the way  i feel is some of the withdrawals already dismiss but come back again. I dont know what wrong with me or i eating somethings foods thats make my withdrawals flare up. A lots questions mark i still dont understand. My sleeping so poor these few days ....i only managed to sleep around 3 to 4 hrs.....so suffering when i get less sleep and more feel stress and depression  ...feeling like my insomnia coming back...OMG i can fall asleep but walking up 2 to 3am without sleep anymore. Trying to took melatonin will help a bit with broken sleep alots of dreams like i never sleep. Yesterday also wake up 3am and couldn't get back and forced myself took 0.5 fadec (anti histamine medicine) plus 1/2 melatonin.  I can sleep (still broken sleep) but feel drowsy in the next day. How long these waves lasting......feeling moody, stressful, loss of interested or hopeless, inner shaking and restless, electrical shock all over body, tightling sensation especially head, neck and shoulders,  blurred vision, eyes painful, numbness feeling, stomach grumpy and palpitation these what i feeling now. I also notice i got speaking problem(new symptom ).....like i need time to talk and say. Like my brain already disconnected and need time to speak out some word . I seldom talk so much and rather dont talk not like last time im talkative and cheerful person. Feeling like not my old self yet. Just for short period of used it and i got such a horrible and crazy withdrawals.......😥😃

5 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi All, Just over my mestrual cycle but it seem my waves still keeping come in and not yet turn down. It feel like a setbacks withdrawals.This is the way  i feel is some of the withdrawals already dismiss but come back again. I dont know what wrong with me or i eating somethings foods thats make my withdrawals flare up. A lots questions mark i still dont understand. My sleeping so poor these few days ....i only managed to sleep around 3 to 4 hrs.....so suffering when i get less sleep and more feel stress and depression  ...feeling like my insomnia coming back...OMG i can fall asleep but walking up 2 to 3am without sleep anymore. Trying to took melatonin will help a bit with broken sleep alots of dreams like i never sleep. Yesterday also wake up 3am and couldn't get back and forced myself took 0.5 fadec (anti histamine medicine) plus 1/2 melatonin.  I can sleep (still broken sleep) but feel drowsy in the next day. How long these waves lasting......feeling moody, stressful, loss of interested or hopeless, inner shaking and restless, electrical shock all over body, tightling sensation especially head, neck and shoulders,  blurred vision, eyes painful, numbness feeling, stomach grumpy and palpitation these what i feeling now. I also notice i got speaking problem(new symptom ).....like i need time to talk and say. Like my brain already disconnected and need time to speak out some word . I seldom talk so much and rather dont talk not like last time im talkative and cheerful person. Feeling like not my old self yet. Just for short period of used it and i got such a horrible and crazy withdrawals.......😥😃

Hi Miracle, this sounds very similar to what I went through in the early months, this will just be another wave, go easy on the anti-histamines, ride out the wave and I am sure you will be back to baseline soon,

take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

On 2/9/2018 at 7:17 AM, Gridley said:

I recommend that you stay away from strenuous exercise.  It would be good to do a gentle 30-minute walk in nature every day.  

Eat as healthily as you can.  Avoid alcohol and caffeine (including soft drinks, chocolate and coffee)

Gridley,

I'm new here. I have a question

I have a question regarding something you recommended to Miracle123. I'm 14 weeks off Zyprexa. The only thing that helped me (and still continues to do so) at all was a very strenuous exercise everyday as recommend by my Doctor. When I told her exercise was helping with most of my symptoms, she said do more. She said that strenuous exercise reteaches the brain to release endorphins naturally and she believes speed up psych med recovery.

Miracle123,

Please see my comment to the Moderator above. I'm no expert. The Moderators have helped me a lot. For me, strenuous exercise daily did and continues to help me. I greatly relieves the anxiety caused by psych drug withdrawal. It first I got a few hours of relief after the exercise. Then the relief lasted longer and longer as time went on.

Diet: 100% agree. Ditch all caffeine, sugar, sodas, etc. They all added to my anxiety and insomnia. I drink a lot of water and it helps.

Hope you get better.

December 2017: Zyprexa (30mg)  Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg)

Feb 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg)

March 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Valium (10mg) Ambien (10mg) Lamicital (450mg)

April 2018: Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (450mg) Lamicital (450mg) (Dropped Ambien, Valium no help)

May 2018:  Gabapentin (1800mg)  Wellbutrin (37.5mg)  Lamicital (450mg) Trazodone (150mg) CBD (20mg)

Present: Gabapentin (600mg)  Prazosin (10mg)  Lamicital  Trazodone (125mg)

1969 - Present: 80 Electro Convulsive Treatments, Medication changes (Too many drugs to list prior to Dec 2017) Klonipin/Xanax CT 2003

Wellbutrin Taper: Started approx  Apr 2018 450mg, 300mg, 225mg, 150mg, 112.5mg, 75mg, 37.5mg Held each dose approx 1 week per Doctor, June 5 2018 OFF WELLBUTRIN

Zyprexa Taper: Nov 2017 30mg, Dec 1 2017 20mg, Dec 11 2017 15mg, Dec 22 2017 10mg, Jan 3 2018 7.5mg, Jan 14 2018 5mg, Jan 25 2018 3.75mg, Feb 6 2018 2.5mg, Feb 16 2018, 1.25mg, Feb 25 2018 0.625mg, March 4 2018 OFF Zyprexa!!!!

Trazodone Taper: April 2018-150mg, May 25 2018-100mg, June 1 2018-50mg,  Bump June 2 2018-125mg HOLD

• Moderator Emeritus

If strenuous exercise works for you, by all means do it. For some people, it doesn't, which is why I mentioned the alternative.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of Feb. 22: 7.6mg

Taper is 90% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, anti-candida, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

17 hours ago, Spideygsm said:

Gridley,

I'm new here. I have a question

I have a question regarding something you recommended to Miracle123. I'm 14 weeks off Zyprexa. The only thing that helped me (and still continues to do so) at all was a very strenuous exercise everyday as recommend by my Doctor. When I told her exercise was helping with most of my symptoms, she said do more. She said that strenuous exercise reteaches the brain to release endorphins naturally and she believes speed up psych med recovery.

Miracle123,

Please see my comment to the Moderator above. I'm no expert. The Moderators have helped me a lot. For me, strenuous exercise daily did and continues to help me. I greatly relieves the anxiety caused by psych drug withdrawal. It first I got a few hours of relief after the exercise. Then the relief lasted longer and longer as time went on.

Diet: 100% agree. Ditch all caffeine, sugar, sodas, etc. They all added to my anxiety and insomnia. I drink a lot of water and it helps.

Hope you get better.

Hi Spideygsm, Thanks for coming into my thread. I have view your introduced thread just now.....its seem you are an active sporty person.(at least 5 times a week). If you feel well and relief after strenuously exercise and keep going it to help eased your withdrawal symptoms.  Beside a lots of sweating and detox toxic of your body which is good for your health. But for me , i just managed to do some yoga and walking is good enough. I remembered last time after i jogging at the park (huge lake) ended up my muscles and neck tightling so much feeling like im choking and coudnt breathed and fainted.  Im over execise and ended up landed at ER hospital. During this difficult time mostly we are at very ill or sick stage, we encourage members here to do light exercise beyond our limitation. Insomnia is mostly symptoms here and moslty we cant sleep well at night and when you over do it exercise might over stress your body and over tired. 

Congratulations you been off your zyprexa. I have no ideal about zypexa and wellbutrin but i think all is same with the side effect and withdrawals. I read your thread with  you have a multiple drugs history with no problem. You have to beware of this tricky devil pills...no matter how strong you are but when our body ,nerves system mess up and immune system weak . They come even worse  extremed waves to make you suffering and fear. So please dont take risk and becareful with these pills and have to taper more slowly and carefully. This also same with supplements as well.....mostly members here can tolerate only fish oil and magnesium. Like my case...i try B Complex and slippery elm bark .....just 2 days make me over agitation,tembling and shaking over my body and i stop it . Antidepressant really make our body changed so rapidly and im feeling not like my ownself.

Please avoid alcohol too .....this will trigger your nerves reactions  and made your withdrawals flare up. Stay away all this and eat healthy during these time. You are smart enough to coming this useful SA Forums to help yourself out of the drugs. I hope you well and take good care.

Best Wishes, 

Miracle

18 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Miracle, this sounds very similar to what I went through in the early months, this will just be another wave, go easy on the anti-histamines, ride out the wave and I am sure you will be back to baseline soon,

take care

Thanks Dj, you always come into my thread to give me encourage and support words which i really needed. Im so appreciated it. Take care too.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 6/7/2018 at 10:55 AM, Miracle123 said:

Sorry to hear you're in a wave Miracle. It's confusing with all the random waves and symptoms, sometimes it just seems to happen for no specific reason. Hope you will feel bettter soon. Hugs.

2011-2015: Escitalopram (Cipralex) 20 mg, Voxra 300 mg (quit Voxra in late 2015, no issues)

Ca 6 last months of 2017: Taking Diazepam 15-25 mg irregularly, less than once a month

• Mentor

Hi Miracle,

These symptoms sound terrible but they do appear to be consistent with withdrawal. I've had a lot of them last year and they were awful. For me the inner shaking and the electrical shock was the worst. Long term insomnia can really destroy our health.  I know that you will eventually feel better but I hope that it happens soon.

Rachel

I am not a health professional in any way.  I do not give medical advice.   Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a professional medical practitioner.

NEW INFORMATION FOR GABAPENTIN TAPER

April 29, 2022 900 mg to 800 mg (11%), May 29, 2022 800 to 700 mg (12.5%), June 20, 2022 700 to 650mg (8%), July 20, 2022 650 to 575 (12%), August 20,  575 to 500 (13%),  Sept 20, 2020 500 to 475mg (5%) Nov 7, 2022 475 to 425 (11%), Nov 21, 2022 500mg

Medications: Gabapentin, Prednisone 1.5mg a day, Cortisol Inhaler daily. 

HISTORY FOR ZOLOFT TAPER

Feb. 2016 to June 2016  - Was on 150mg Zoloft.  Put on Gabapentin at 900mg a day in 2016 due to antidepressant withdrawal. 

Quit Zoloft (Sertraline) June  2016,  reinstated 50mg of Zoloft July 2016.  From July 2016  to October 2016 went from 50 mg down 2.3 mg. I up-dosed in November 2016 to 12.5 mg. Held there until January 2017 when I started a much slower taper.

STARTING SENSIBLE  ZOLOFT TAPERING USING GUIDELINES FROM THIS SITE

Dec. 10 2016  - switched to Liquid Zoloft (Sertraline) @ 12.5 mg.   Jan. 4, 2020 1.875 mg (6.3%). Jan. 25, 2020 1.75 mgFeb. 29, 2020 1.625mg (7.10%).  Apr. 4, 2020 1.5 mg.  May 9, 2020 1.375 mg.  June 6, 2020 1.25 mg. (9.10%).  July 4, 2020 1.125 mg. (10%).  August 15, 2020 1.0 mg.  Oct 24, 2020 .875 mg.  Nov. 28, 2020 .75mgJan 16, 2021 .685mg (8.7%).  Feb 13, 2021 .62mg. March 12, 2021 .56mg.  May 1, 2021 .375mg.  May 29, 2021 .25mg. June 26, 2021 .0125mg. July 25, 2021 .065mg. August 22, 2021 .048mg.  October 2, 2021 .043mg.  October 10, 2021 .038mg.  October 23, 2021 .035mg.  October 30, 2021 .032mg.  Nov. 13, 2021 .030 mg.  Dec 4, 2021 .0285 mg.  Dec 11, 2021 .0265 mg. Dec 18, 2021 .0246 mg. Dec 25, 2021 .023mg. Jan 1, 2022. 0 mg. OFF COMPLETELY

5 hours ago, RachelSusan said:

Hi Miracle,

These symptoms sound terrible but they do appear to be consistent with withdrawal. I've had a lot of them last year and they were awful. For me the inner shaking and the electrical shock was the worst. Long term insomnia can really destroy our health.  I know that you will eventually feel better but I hope that it happens soon.

Rachel

Hi RS, Thanks for you supportive and energy words. I also hope to feel better soon and recovery same as you too. Take care.

6 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Sorry to hear you're in a wave Miracle. It's confusing with all the random waves and symptoms, sometimes it just seems to happen for no specific reason. Hope you will feel bettter soon. Hugs.

Hi My friend Sunnyday, Thanks so much. Thinking of you too.🤗please check inside your thread....

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All, Latest updated. im already 9 months off lexapro and 10.5 months lorazepam.Yesterday i just coming back from  vacation in hokkaido with my family for 8 days. During this trip i can feel some happiness and joyful if compared to last year trip.Is a beautiful , super clean and country home country. i love so much with the foods and onsen there. 😄

Regarding my withdrawals ........according to my own experience and feeling....i feel sometimes im fine and normal but sometimes feeling even worsed like i never recovered. My head pressure is the worsed when my cycle come like im stroke or brain been smashed or heavy feeling. Feeling like chest heavy and pain that i stuck to breathed and i always try to meditate or relax to get back normal. In my current trip when i  inside train or station i meet up a lots of people i easy get anxious or panic i havent had it before medicine. i feel lost of confidence or feeling humble to meet poeple. So confused or mixed up....is it withdrawal? im currently dealing with DP/DR?Really not so sure.... Still dealing with gut issue like IBS or feel my stomach easy getting hunger or craving to eat something to feel better. But my bowel movement is slow and i easy getting full and upset stomach and frequent constipation even i take a lots fibre or fruits....ohhh what is going on??? i always keep convience myself just a waves and i will get better soon but this repeated experience really knock me down sometimes. i really feel disappointed in my healing and loss hope.Overall i can feel improvement but just super slow progress.

All the best to you all and thanks for reading. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation Miracle!  

Does the meditation and relaxation work to feel better when you have difficulty breathing? I find the method that has worked best for me when I'm very anxious and need to calm down quickly is 5 seconds inhale, 5 seconds holding your breath, and then exhale for 5 seconds (or more). It's like it forces the body to relax a little.

I think you mentioned before you were taking probiotics, are you still taking them? I heard they should be helpful for the stomach issues, planning to get some for myself as well.

It's a slow process, very frustrating at times. At least you feel some improvement, even if it's very small. It will get better and better, which is easy to forget when we feel really horrible I think, so it can be good with a reminder. Hugs to you.

Hi Miracle,

i think that the getting hungry easy and needing to eat something to feel better is probably hypoglycemia, caused by sleep deprivation from wd.  when i have days of no or little sleep, i am constantly eating, maybe full meals every two hour or so.  Its a pretty common wd symptom.   when the body goes without enough sleep it burns more energy and needs more food.  i would get an unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach and would need to put food in it just to feel comfortable.  it wasn't like normal hunger but more like a gnawing in my stomach.  

i also have the constipation thing even with taking fiber or laxatives.  i also had anemia and after meal fatigue, where i can barely stay awake after eating, which were signs of a intestinal parasite infection.   i ate ground-up raw pumpkin seeds, which are a natural parasite remedy,  three months ago and the next day found hundreds of 1" clear worms in my stool.  It might be something to look into.   i felt better for one evening after eating the seeds, but since then have gone back feeling bloated and constipated and tired frequently.  

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:40 AM, Miracle123 said:

Hello All, Latest updated. im already 9 months off lexapro and 10.5 months lorazepam.Yesterday i just coming back from  vacation in hokkaido with my family for 8 days. During this trip i can feel some happiness and joyful if compared to last year trip.Is a beautiful , super clean and country home country. i love so much with the foods and onsen there. 😄

Regarding my withdrawals ........according to my own experience and feeling....i feel sometimes im fine and normal but sometimes feeling even worsed like i never recovered. My head pressure is the worsed when my cycle come like im stroke or brain been smashed or heavy feeling. Feeling like chest heavy and pain that i stuck to breathed and i always try to meditate or relax to get back normal. In my current trip when i  inside train or station i meet up a lots of people i easy get anxious or panic i havent had it before medicine. i feel lost of confidence or feeling humble to meet poeple. So confused or mixed up....is it withdrawal? im currently dealing with DP/DR?Really not so sure.... Still dealing with gut issue like IBS or feel my stomach easy getting hunger or craving to eat something to feel better. But my bowel movement is slow and i easy getting full and upset stomach and frequent constipation even i take a lots fibre or fruits....ohhh what is going on??? i always keep convience myself just a waves and i will get better soon but this repeated experience really knock me down sometimes. i really feel disappointed in my healing and loss hope.Overall i can feel improvement but just super slow progress.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:40 AM, Miracle123 said:

Hi again Miracle,  i just wanted to quote your post so that you would receive a notification.  now i have quoted you twice and can't undo it.  oh, well/        Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

11 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Happy to hear you enjoyed your vacation Miracle!  

Does the meditation and relaxation work to feel better when you have difficulty breathing? I find the method that has worked best for me when I'm very anxious and need to calm down quickly is 5 seconds inhale, 5 seconds holding your breath, and then exhale for 5 seconds (or more). It's like it forces the body to relax a little.

I think you mentioned before you were taking probiotics, are you still taking them? I heard they should be helpful for the stomach issues, planning to get some for myself as well.

It's a slow process, very frustrating at times. At least you feel some improvement, even if it's very small. It will get better and better, which is easy to forget when we feel really horrible I think, so it can be good with a reminder. Hugs to you.

Hi Sunnyday, Thanks for you always come back to my thread, my friend. Meditation really help me when i anxious or panic and useful for difficult breathing as well. I took it for almost 4 months probiotics. This supplement is good for stomach issue but have to take over 1 to 2 months to see the result. For me i took it over 2 months only noticed improvement. Beside healing for our gut and stomach issue and this also boost our immune system too. The brand i used now call vitahealth pro-6 +inulin (gut microflora). Please find good probiotic with good gut microflora(inulin) to protect your stomach. Best wishing and hugs from me. Take care.

8 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi Miracle,

i think that the getting hungry easy and needing to eat something to feel better is probably hypoglycemia, caused by sleep deprivation from wd.  when i have days of no or little sleep, i am constantly eating, maybe full meals every two hour or so.  Its a pretty common wd symptom.   when the body goes without enough sleep it burns more energy and needs more food.  i would get an unsettled feeling in the pit of my stomach and would need to put food in it just to feel comfortable.  it wasn't like normal hunger but more like a gnawing in my stomach.  

i also have the constipation thing even with taking fiber or laxatives.  i also had anemia and after meal fatigue, where i can barely stay awake after eating, which were signs of a intestinal parasite infection.   i ate ground-up raw pumpkin seeds, which are a natural parasite remedy,  three months ago and the next day found hundreds of 1" clear worms in my stool.  It might be something to look into.   i felt better for one evening after eating the seeds, but since then have gone back feeling bloated and constipated and tired frequently.  

Poetjester

Hi Poetjester, Thanks for coming into my thread and sharing your experience to me. Im really appreciated it. You are right....these few days i could sleep well and keep awake so many times. Hit badly with waves and feeling too tired to fighting. I also hope your stomach will getting better and well too. These withdrawal is really a disaster for us.Take care. 

On 6/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, Miracle123 said:

Hi Miracle,

Poetjester

@PoetJesterHey man , just wanted to say hi. Ive tried a lot of foods last couple of years since I had really disgusting constipation problems. I can truely recommend you this breakfast protocol to start with. Wish you the best. I have more stuff to try if you have no results. Its worth a try.

Test A (coconut oil is most important I believe)

Every morning drink this (modification of a Golden milk tonic) for 1 week and analyse results.

Mix everything below with a spoon in one glass of hot water (70 degrees)

1 table spoon coconut oil 

1 tea spoon ginger powder, 1 tea spoon curcumin powder

Season with black pepper and ceylon cinnamon

Optional. add local honey.

(buy all ingredients on www.iherb.com or similar)

Additionaly

Optional. Change all soft bread with hard bread (more fibre)

No coffee, alcohol  during this test 

Other meals

Eat regularly breakfast, lunch,dinner.

2015june psyc ward due to psychosis

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2015sept/october 3weeks Nitrazepam 1w Theralen build of sleep

2016may psyc ward psychoziz. Trilafon injection Immovan 3weekz

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

8 hours ago, frasier23 said:

@PoetJesterHey man , just wanted to say hi. Ive tried a lot of foods last couple of years since I had really disgusting constipation problems. I can truely recommend you this breakfast protocol to start with. Wish you the best. I have more stuff to try if you have no results. Its worth a try.

Every morning drink this (modification of a Golden milk tonic) for 1 week and analyse results.

Additionaly

Other meals

Hi Frasier23,Thanks for chill into my thread.Are you still using this formula? How long this Test A can see a results? 

No problem :) IF it works you should see results pretty fast as I did. But as said, it was one of many changes but I know this one was important for that time. Just try for one week. Plus ofcourse no coffe alcohol, dirty fast food etc. I still drink maybe once a week not every day any more. Its good taste. 

10 days 10mg zyprexa. stopped cold turkey. side effects were blinking eyes, eyes shut down by themself when going to sleep, restless,hunger. I had natural sleep (6hrs) before zyprexa. Slept exact 8hours with zyprexa.

2015july one month after cold turkey(had own sleep during this time exact 8hours every night, felt like zyprexa sleep even though i didnt take it) I lost my sleep over a night and it never came back. 0hours for 7-10days before I had to reinstate zyprexa on 5mg first 2days 10mg 1week 5mg 1week and then stopped CT. maybe also had 7.5 and 2.5 some days dont remember.

2016june 1week theralen had some extra sleep but realised its just pushing problem forward i guess

2019 Ive now been medicine free for almost 2.5 years (I think last Trilafon injection was 2016 October) and still not fully recovered. I believe my overdose on Zyprexa (20mg + injection) did most damage. 

41 minutes ago, frasier23 said:

No problem :) IF it works you should see results pretty fast as I did. But as said, it was one of many changes but I know this one was important for that time. Just try for one week. Plus ofcourse no coffe alcohol, dirty fast food etc. I still drink maybe once a week not every day any more. Its good taste. 

Thanks for your fast respond.I didnt take any coffee or alcohol for 1 yrs. But sometimes fast food.....maybe 1 or 2 per month. Will try it if this suitable and see the result. Thanks and take care.😁

Try it one week and see. Ive completely stopped alcohol since 2+ years. Will nerver use it again. Only maybe taste one small glass if very very special moment with family in future. 

I can update with more stuff later when we know your results. You should at least have felt results with your constipation. Coconut makes good things with your bowel movement. 

And most obvious, stay out of medicines. Food, exercise, good relationships, talk about your crazy feeling, Delusions, hallucinationer with someone listning until you so bored about everything, do it again, passions/hobbies will heal US. 

2 hours ago, frasier23 said:

Try it one week and see. Ive completely stopped alcohol since 2+ years. Will nerver use it again. Only maybe taste one small glass if very very special moment with family in future. 

Yup, during these period better stay away alcohol and wine.These stuffs really mix up our sensitive nervous system.

I can update with more stuff later when we know your results. You should at least have felt results with your constipation. Coconut makes good things with your bowel movement. 

Sure will let you know the results later. But right now i need to get these ingredients first.😁 Hopefully can resolve and i can tolerence it without any problem.

And most obvious, stay out of medicines. Food, exercise, good relationships, talk about your crazy feeling, Delusions, hallucinationer with someone listning until you so bored about everything, do it again, passions/hobbies will heal US. 

Right now the only way is stay positive, acceptance everything and eat healthier. Thanks for your caring and advice. Hope you also stay healthy and faster in your recovery. Take care.

Hi all, Fast updated, My menstrual cycle for this month really make me over worries. I think maybe Jet lag or withdrawals not so sure but it took about 10 days to stop bleeding (normally 5 days will over)..really abnormal. At least stopped it finally make me a bit relieved and no more stressful. These few days my sleep also not well and always awake up so many times (3-4times) with so many funny and vivid dreams. Feel my mind and brain never shut down or i couldnt relax. Hope after this waves i can go back to my baseline and take a bit rest.

On 6/29/2018 at 3:29 PM, frasier23 said:

Additionaly

Other meals

hey Fraiser23

thanks for the drink tip ( i do eat a lot of plain coconut oil these days) and thanks for your posts on here.  i have read them and find you to be one of the funnier and more inspiring posters on this forum.  i am glad you feeling better and able to enjoy life again.    if you have time, i just posted some of my poetry in the off-topics section.

Poetjester (Derek)

Still dealing with sleep problem with waking night few times without sleep back or sleep back with vivid and funny dreaming (feeling like im never sleep). This week i used melatonin 3 times straight for first time because i used it when needed only.....but feel a bit irratation or weird feeling. Really uncomfortable and feel like im getting worse more than recovered. Head pressure so bad like want to exposed or heavy feeling. Maybe this called another phase of waves when hit at 9-10 months. This is only way i just keep myself going and no turning back anymore. Take back AD or reinstated either way is not a good choice and i believe will be more up upset my nervous system. Not worth it to take the risk for myself. i Still got stock for lexapro and lorezapam.....but keep it to remind myself dont take it even you still suffering if those unbelievable and crazy withdrawals.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 7/5/2018 at 9:45 AM, Miracle123 said:

Still dealing with sleep problem with waking night few times without sleep back or sleep back with vivid and funny dreaming (feeling like im never sleep). This week i used melatonin 3 times straight for first time because i used it when needed only.....but feel a bit irratation or weird feeling. Really uncomfortable and feel like im getting worse more than recovered. Head pressure so bad like want to exposed or heavy feeling. Maybe this called another phase of waves when hit at 9-10 months. This is only way i just keep myself going and no turning back anymore. Take back AD or reinstated either way is not a good choice and i believe will be more up upset my nervous system. Not worth it to take the risk for myself. i Still got stock for lexapro and lorezapam.....but keep it to remind myself dont take it even you still suffering if those unbelievable and crazy withdrawals.

You have a very good mindset Miracle, I wish I had the same determination. Sometimes it's very easy to feel like giving up. Sorry to hear about all the uncomfortable sensations and feelings though, how are you doing right now?

Hi Sunnyday, im fine 😀 How about you my dear friend.Thanks for asking.Still dealing with waves and window.Sometimes very bad in the morning and better at afternoon.....worsed at  late afternoon and being normal at night. The only night i feel can smile and joke a bit. Hope i can get over all this. i hope you will be well too. Please check inside your thread and sending my hugs to you 🤗

• Moderator Emeritus

It's good to hear you have some windows now and then, they are very needed. I recognize feeling better in the night, not sure why that is. Hope you're feeling better and better as time passes, most likely we both will. Hugs.

Thanks Sunnyday, I really hope so much for recovering too. i keep praying and hope god's will listen to me and helps both of us in recovering and healing. Take care.

Quick update. For this month my waves really unstable after my cycle over. So i try and error to test some supplement i bought few months ago and havent try it. Ashwagandha 300mg.I think mostly mobs here also same as me....i bought alots supplements like Multi B complex, Multi  Vitamin, Omega Fish oil, Melatonin,Slippery Elm Bark,Probiotic, Magnesium, Ashwagandha, Vit C......etc ......costs me over thousand and put full inside cabinet make me smile. So this time i try ashwagandha....i just took 150mg instead of 300mg....for 4 days. Day 1 really made me more claming and my nerves also feel quite and my head pressure gone but feeling icthing /allergy reaction for whole body. Day 2 same as per fisrt day....feel good. Day 3 something wrong happen.....i feel more anxious and feeling setback of my withdrawal....and Day 4  anxiety, heart pouding for whole day and a bit tembling...so on i stop it...right now still anxious and pressure over my eyes, ear and brain similiar stroke feeling...really uncomfortable. But over time getting a bit better. Just wanna ask mobs here .....have you are all exeperience such a feeling or setback? Im really could tolerate anything now.....so sensitive. Thanks for reading. 

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. 10th months off of lexapro and 11.5th months off of lorazepam. Still dealing in between windows and waves. i always feel like my brain been repeating knock knock feeling come with electrical shock.Overall nothing to comment because no different in previous months. The only i noticed is every months withdrawals a bit different

from early withdrawals come until now. For me some early withdrawals disappear, come back with less intenses ......THIS KEEP REAPETING ....some even got new withdrawals to chill in....This is really slow process and not easy to get off AD. Need very strong effort and strong mind to keep fighting.Hope all well here. Thanks for reading.