mutley

Tips for tapering off Seroquel (quetiapine)

dukke

About the generics and brands. I recently switched brands, at the same time where my withdrawal symptoms got worse, probably switched brands made things worse? I'll be sticking with the same brand going forward.

What do you think is the best option for tapering? Generic or the "real" brand? Or doesn't matter?

ChessieCat

Here is SA's topic:  generic-vs-brand-versions-of-antidepressants

2 hours ago, dukke said:

What do you think is the best option for tapering? Generic or the "real" brand? Or doesn't matter?

Consistency is important, so choosing one and sticking to it is better.

dukke

@ChessieCat Thanks ChessieCats, it appears that´s correct. For me changing brands was really bad, I didn't know it was important to stick with the same brand, I missed that information, perhaps that should be stated in the intro on taper topics.

Altostrata
On 5/24/2018 at 12:46 PM, Altostrata said:

Hi, dukke. We need to take up the insomnia and other symptoms on your Intro thread 😊

In the US, generics are permitted to have some degree of dosage variance -- and so do the brand-names. I would call the manufacturer of the generic quetiapine available in Spain to see what their quality assurance guidelines are. I believe the EU is somewhat more strict than the US.

If you feel confident in the response, you might try a switch by taking a partial dose of the brand-name with a partial dose of the generic for a while. Many of our members have moved to generics in this way. Otherwise, some people are sensitive to the differences between drug brands.

Moderated wiki: Great idea. Will need a whole other staff of trained people.