Jump to content
Dabhob33

Dabhob33: Introduction

Recommended Posts

Dabhob33

My sleep doctor knows about the meds I’m on.  I started benzos 2 yrs ago.  Treated for apnea 5 years ago (wearing mouth guard).  

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

Apnea causes fragmented sleep. That's why they go to the trouble to treat it.

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33
3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Apnea causes fragmented sleep. That's why they go to the trouble to treat it.

Yes.  So glad it’s treated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/21/18

6 - woke

Laid in bed until 930

Stuffed up nose and sore throat

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

Heavy headed and eyes.   Tired.   Fatigued. 

12 - lunch 

5 -  mass 

6 - dinner w friends 

630 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

10 - sleep

7/22/18

730 - sleep 

Sore throat

Heavy head

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/23/18

6 - woke - sore throat

Laid in bed until 10

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

12 - lunch 

3 - charlie guitar lesson

4 - batting cages charlie 

6 - dinner

6 - Charlie baseball practice w/ Santora’s unofficial

8 - 5mg Valium

Sore throat all day / a bit of a heavy head 

10 - lithium 225mg

1030 - sleep

7/24/18

1230 - woke - bad cold / cough

2 - sleep

730 - woke - cough/sneezing

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33
On 7/22/2018 at 8:15 AM, Dabhob33 said:

7/21/18

6 - woke

Laid in bed until 930

Stuffed up nose and sore throat

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

Heavy headed and eyes.   Tired.   Fatigued. 

12 - lunch 

5 -  mass 

6 - dinner w friends 

630 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

10 - sleep

7/22/18

730 - sleep 

Sore throat

Heavy head

Valium was taken at 8pm, not 630pm

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/24/18

6 - woke - sore throat

Laid in bed until 10

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

Very tired / run down 

10 -  450mg Lithium

12 - lunch 

3 - psychotherapy - Terry

4 - sauna - 20 mins

6 - dinner

6 - mom and dads / Ryan’s baseball game

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

11 - sleep

7/25/18

630 - woke

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/25/18

630 - woke 

Tired / cold / sore throat

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

1030 - dropped off charlie at in laws

12 - lunch 

1 - Indians baseball game with Joe S

6 - dinner

630 - charlie baseball tryout

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

1030 - sleep

7/26/18

730 - woke

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/26/18

730 - woke

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

12 - lunch 

6 - dinner

630 - charlie football camp

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

1030 - sleep

7/27/18

 730 - woke

Share this post


Link to post
JanCarol

Hey Dabhob - 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:51 PM, Dabhob33 said:

Tests for diarrhea came back negative.

 

Well, that's typical.  90% of your serotonin is in the gut - and while you are no longer on a serotonin drug, you are in withdrawal from one.

 

I was talking to a friend over lunch, she had dropped off from 1/4 dose of her SSRI a month ago.  I warned her that - the symptoms of withdrawal take many months to work out.  I don't know how well she heard me ("I'm fine, I'll be right as rain" I hear this a lot, until it's no longer "right as rain"), but I told her to give herself permission to have symptoms for up to 3 years. 

 

I tell you this story because it's only been around 7 months since you CT'd your SSRIs, and it can still require time to repair systems that were changed under the drug.  Like digestion.  Sleep.  Mood.  Ruminations.  Even urges of an unpleasant nature.  These can all be effects of your body healing from what those drugs did to you.

 

Additionally (aren't I cheery this morning?) as you come down off the benzo and the lithium, they may have "buffered" some of the symptoms, and more symptoms may arise, even as you taper slowly.  I'm not telling you this to bring you down, instead I'm hoping that - if / when additional symptoms arise, you can say to yourself, "Oh, that's still SSRI withdrawal, coming out as I taper my benzo."  

 

SSRI withdrawal is probably the most underestimated withdrawal in the world.

 

On 7/20/2018 at 9:51 PM, Dabhob33 said:

I drink coconut water and Gatorade.   Overall, I drink between 2-3 liters of water a day.

 

Excellent!  I just saw a study that drinking 100% coconut water isn't good for you (the electrolyte profile is good, but often not complete, depending on brand)  - but, equivalent of 1 glass a day, or mixing it in with your other drinks is fine.

 

On 7/21/2018 at 6:45 AM, Dabhob33 said:

Have another home Sleep study set for end of August.   

 

Excellent.  I was wondering if some of this was due to changes in your sleep.  I know a lot of people on CPAP, that seems to be de rigeur.  

 

I talked about sleep paralysis - sometimes sleep apnoea can be addressed by Vitamin D levels.  The right level of Vitamin D can prevent headaches, too.  Here is a video by a doctor who was primarily focused on headaches, but she found that sleep was the key piece, and she had trouble getting compliance to the CPAP machines:

 

So - how did it go with the psychiatrist? Did s/he suggest any changes?  Or to just stay the course?

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/27/18

730 - woke

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

12 - lunch 

1 - lunch at winking lizard in Lakewood with family

2 - Lakewood Park 

6 - dinner

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

1030 - sleep

7/28/18

330 - woke (1/2 hour)

7 - woke

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33
9 hours ago, JanCarol said:

Hey Dabhob - 

 

Well, that's typical.  90% of your serotonin is in the gut - and while you are no longer on a serotonin drug, you are in withdrawal from one.

 

I was talking to a friend over lunch, she had dropped off from 1/4 dose of her SSRI a month ago.  I warned her that - the symptoms of withdrawal take many months to work out.  I don't know how well she heard me ("I'm fine, I'll be right as rain" I hear this a lot, until it's no longer "right as rain"), but I told her to give herself permission to have symptoms for up to 3 years. 

 

I tell you this story because it's only been around 7 months since you CT'd your SSRIs, and it can still require time to repair systems that were changed under the drug.  Like digestion.  Sleep.  Mood.  Ruminations.  Even urges of an unpleasant nature.  These can all be effects of your body healing from what those drugs did to you.

 

Additionally (aren't I cheery this morning?) as you come down off the benzo and the lithium, they may have "buffered" some of the symptoms, and more symptoms may arise, even as you taper slowly.  I'm not telling you this to bring you down, instead I'm hoping that - if / when additional symptoms arise, you can say to yourself, "Oh, that's still SSRI withdrawal, coming out as I taper my benzo."  

 

SSRI withdrawal is probably the most underestimated withdrawal in the world.

 

 

Excellent!  I just saw a study that drinking 100% coconut water isn't good for you (the electrolyte profile is good, but often not complete, depending on brand)  - but, equivalent of 1 glass a day, or mixing it in with your other drinks is fine.

 

 

Excellent.  I was wondering if some of this was due to changes in your sleep.  I know a lot of people on CPAP, that seems to be de rigeur.  

 

I talked about sleep paralysis - sometimes sleep apnoea can be addressed by Vitamin D levels.  The right level of Vitamin D can prevent headaches, too.  Here is a video by a doctor who was primarily focused on headaches, but she found that sleep was the key piece, and she had trouble getting compliance to the CPAP machines:

 

So - how did it go with the psychiatrist? Did s/he suggest any changes?  Or to just stay the course?

Thank you for the information JanCarol.   All great stuff.   

 

Yes, holding steady with the psychiatrist.   The other one was getting a bit impatient with the taper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/28/18

330 - woke (1/2 hour)

7 - woke 

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 -  450mg Lithium

12 - lunch 

1 -  charlie NR baseball tryouts #2

2 - Arby’s with charlie and swboni’s 

6 - dinner

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

1030 - sleep

7/29/18

330 - woke

630 - woke

 

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

7/30/18

330 - woke

630 - woke - somewhat anxious

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 - 450mg Lithium

11 - talked with Chip via phone re Charlie and travel baseball 

12 - lunch 

1 - therapist - Terry

3 - Charlie guitar lesson

4 - baseball mitt guys/ Charlie (fixes and sells mitts)

6 - dinner

630 - Charlie football practice - 1st official for season

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

1030 - sleep

7/31/18

4 - woke anxious

Called Dad

Share this post


Link to post
Altostrata

Sounds like you're doing better?

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33
3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Sounds like you're doing better?

I think I am.   Been staying busy, which is helping.   Sleep has been going pretty well of late, but last few days It’s been choppy.  The online sleep course I mentioned a few weeks back is helping.  Even tried a nap but still as I doze off seconds later I experience panic.  

 

Still experiencing worry and fear, but again, trying to push through.    

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

8/1/18 

4 - woke 

630 - woke

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 - 450mg Lithium

12 - lunch

3 - Browns training camp with ali, Del, ben and Charlie 

6 - dinner

630 - Charlie NRBB tryout call back

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

10 - sleep

1130 - woke

8/2/18

6 - woke - anxious

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

8/2/18 

6 - woke - anxious 

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

10 - 450mg Lithium

12 - lunch

1 - psychiatrist - very nervous.   Not sure why.  

6 - dinner

630 - Charlie football practice

Very heavy eyes / anxious

8 - 5mg Valium

8 - meet with John Crawford at Houlihans

10 - lithium 225mg

1130 - sleep

8/3/18

4 - woke

7 - woke

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

8/3/18 

6 - woke - anxious 

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 / probiotics

9 - took Karnak Kids to Toledo to drop off to Chris 

10 - 450mg Lithium

12 - lunch

3 - eye appt

6 - dinner

7 - neighbors grad party McCaffrey 

8 - 5mg Valium

9 - Bill came over

10 - lithium 225mg

1130 - sleep

8/4/18

5 - woke - feeling anxious. Worried that I’m not going to be able to taper.

Share this post


Link to post
Dabhob33

8/4/18 

 6 - woke - anxious - drift off and panic. 

8 - breakfast -valium 5mg /eye drops / green smoothie / omega 3 

Extremely anxious.  

10 - 450mg Lithium

Head tight and depressed.  Feeling

 awful.   Thinking a lot.   The whole withdrawal thinking is  reaking havoc on me.   I was able to not focus for a good month and did really well.   Felt very good.  Then read an article about bw.    Feeling suicidal bc I feel there is no hope.  How many people are sucked into this thinking?   Not only about bw but other things.

12 - lunch

1 - Ian’s fundraiser 

6 - dinner - house of Hunan with Syd 

8 - 5mg Valium

10 - lithium 225mg

11 - sleeping

8/5/18

2 - woke

4 - woke 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.