mirage

☼ mirage

Tom37

Hi Mirage,

Hope everything is still going well for you and that your even better than when you last posted.

I was going along ok for about a month or so with just minor occasional waves and was feeling pretty good, probably about 80 percent back to myself but back into a nasty wave at the moment which is very discouraging.

Anyway, just checking that your still doing good and still on the road to recovery!

mirage

Hi Tom37. Good to hear from you and good to hear you had a really good month. 

I am doing well. I am 23 months into my journey and life is pretty much back to normal for me. I still have some sleep issues. I don't sleep sound through the night. I wake here and there, but do fall back asleep pretty quickly. I still have times where I feel a bit yuck but those times are very rare and they don't last long. 

I have taken 4 trips in the past 2 months and have increased my work day. I can do everything I use to do and eat and drink anything. I know the sleep problems will get back to normal. This entire healing is a very slow process and there really is nothing we can do to hurry it along. We just have to wait it out. 

I, like you, had long, good windows along with waves hitting in between them. The fact that you had a good month is a great sign. Your body and system is gaining balance back. You will get back to normal. Stay strong, be patient and positive. Find blessings in each and every day my friend. 

Sending hugs,

Mirage

Rosetta

Mirage,

I am pleased to hear you are feeling so well!!  That is really wonderful news.  - Rosetta

Tom37

Thanks Mirage for updating as always so good to see someone doing so well!

Im sure it’s only a bit more time between you and full recovery.

mirage

Thank you. I would have never thought I would be back to living the beautiful, fun and glorious life I had before stopping the med, but I am. 

I do believe I will be completely back to normal. It is just a matter of time for my system to finalize the rebalancing. 

You will be back too. Believe that. It will happen. 

Have faith my friend,

Mirage

mirage

Hi Rosetta. Good to hear from you. How are you doing my friend?

I am living my full life again with a few minor glitches. I do know the sleep issues I have are from the withdrawal because I never had issues with this, or like this, prior to my journey. That said, I feel very confident that all will return in due time. We just cant hurry this healing. I certainly tried everything I could the first year. In looking back, for me, none of it helped in any way. Nothing eased up my symptoms. The entire first year, I couldn't even see any windows. My symptoms were many and they were strong and relentless. Once I hit the year and a half mark, I started seeing and feeling the windows and waves. I can't say that mine had any type of pattern to them. I just accepted that while I felt really awful, it was healing and I had to wait it out positively, faithfully and patiently. I could only see bits and pieces of improvement over months of time. 

Here I am at 23 months and most everything is back to normal. I think there are a lot of people out there who suffer this and never figure out what is going on. I went from dr to dr for the first 6 months. They were giving me a lot of, guesses, as to what illness I had. None of which were correct, until I was connected to a dr who suffered this herself at one point in her life. She assured me I would come back from this but it would take a long time, she was correct. 

The biggest advice I can give to anyone traveling this journey, is to accept it and to stay positive and faithful. It is easy to give in to the symptoms and to fight them, but that will not allow for healing. Our brains are powerful and our thoughts, feelings and attitudes fuel our bodies and our systems. What we believe or think will come to fruition. There are blessings to be found in everything and more than one way to perceive any situation. The more we fill our minds with sunshine, the more our bodies will react. 

I keep everyone here on SA in my daily prayers. Sending hugs,

Mirage

Longroadhome

Hi mirage 

Are you drug free now and how did you taper the last  medicine if so ? 

Thank you 

LRH 

mirage

Hi LRH.

I am currently holding on wellbutrin. I originally did a cold Turkey in may of 2017. I was then bounced around back on wellbutrin and increasing it as it did not work. My dr then added remeron and when that didn't work she increased that as well. In Nov of 2017 I finally realized what was going on with me and why I was so sick. I weaned completely off of the remeron and down from 300xl of wellbutrin to 150xl. Jan 30th of 2018 was when I started my hold. I am waiting until everything is back to normal and balanced and then I will begin a new wean off of the remainder of the med and I will go at a very slow pace.