mirage

☼ mirage

Tom37

Hi Mirage,

Hope everything is still going well for you and that your even better than when you last posted.

I was going along ok for about a month or so with just minor occasional waves and was feeling pretty good, probably about 80 percent back to myself but back into a nasty wave at the moment which is very discouraging.

Anyway, just checking that your still doing good and still on the road to recovery!

mirage

Hi Tom37. Good to hear from you and good to hear you had a really good month. 

I am doing well. I am 23 months into my journey and life is pretty much back to normal for me. I still have some sleep issues. I don't sleep sound through the night. I wake here and there, but do fall back asleep pretty quickly. I still have times where I feel a bit yuck but those times are very rare and they don't last long. 

I have taken 4 trips in the past 2 months and have increased my work day. I can do everything I use to do and eat and drink anything. I know the sleep problems will get back to normal. This entire healing is a very slow process and there really is nothing we can do to hurry it along. We just have to wait it out. 

I, like you, had long, good windows along with waves hitting in between them. The fact that you had a good month is a great sign. Your body and system is gaining balance back. You will get back to normal. Stay strong, be patient and positive. Find blessings in each and every day my friend. 

Sending hugs,

Mirage

Rosetta

Mirage,

I am pleased to hear you are feeling so well!!  That is really wonderful news.  - Rosetta

Tom37

Thanks Mirage for updating as always so good to see someone doing so well!

Im sure it’s only a bit more time between you and full recovery.

mirage

Thank you. I would have never thought I would be back to living the beautiful, fun and glorious life I had before stopping the med, but I am. 

I do believe I will be completely back to normal. It is just a matter of time for my system to finalize the rebalancing. 

You will be back too. Believe that. It will happen. 

Have faith my friend,

Mirage

mirage

Hi Rosetta. Good to hear from you. How are you doing my friend?

I am living my full life again with a few minor glitches. I do know the sleep issues I have are from the withdrawal because I never had issues with this, or like this, prior to my journey. That said, I feel very confident that all will return in due time. We just cant hurry this healing. I certainly tried everything I could the first year. In looking back, for me, none of it helped in any way. Nothing eased up my symptoms. The entire first year, I couldn't even see any windows. My symptoms were many and they were strong and relentless. Once I hit the year and a half mark, I started seeing and feeling the windows and waves. I can't say that mine had any type of pattern to them. I just accepted that while I felt really awful, it was healing and I had to wait it out positively, faithfully and patiently. I could only see bits and pieces of improvement over months of time. 

Here I am at 23 months and most everything is back to normal. I think there are a lot of people out there who suffer this and never figure out what is going on. I went from dr to dr for the first 6 months. They were giving me a lot of, guesses, as to what illness I had. None of which were correct, until I was connected to a dr who suffered this herself at one point in her life. She assured me I would come back from this but it would take a long time, she was correct. 

The biggest advice I can give to anyone traveling this journey, is to accept it and to stay positive and faithful. It is easy to give in to the symptoms and to fight them, but that will not allow for healing. Our brains are powerful and our thoughts, feelings and attitudes fuel our bodies and our systems. What we believe or think will come to fruition. There are blessings to be found in everything and more than one way to perceive any situation. The more we fill our minds with sunshine, the more our bodies will react. 

I keep everyone here on SA in my daily prayers. Sending hugs,

Mirage

Longroadhome

Hi mirage 

Are you drug free now and how did you taper the last  medicine if so ? 

Thank you 

LRH 

mirage

Hi LRH.

I am currently holding on wellbutrin. I originally did a cold Turkey in may of 2017. I was then bounced around back on wellbutrin and increasing it as it did not work. My dr then added remeron and when that didn't work she increased that as well. In Nov of 2017 I finally realized what was going on with me and why I was so sick. I weaned completely off of the remeron and down from 300xl of wellbutrin to 150xl. Jan 30th of 2018 was when I started my hold. I am waiting until everything is back to normal and balanced and then I will begin a new wean off of the remainder of the med and I will go at a very slow pace. 

Longroadhome

Hello Mirage thank you for your post. 

You sound like you’re  in the same position I am but further ahead . 

I tapered Paxil way too fast and had to hold at 8.2mg from Feb this year. I was also given pregabalin Nov last year to help with the withdrawal of Paxil . However I wasn’t happy being on this when I realised the proper slow method of taper off Paxil . And as I hadn’t been on it a long time I decided I’d taper off while holding Paxil. Bad mistake . Symptoms ramped up . I then decided to throw in the towel and ct both . For 2.5 days until I came to my senses and on the third day took my meds as usual . It’s left me in a mess self inflicted . The anxiety is very bad at the moment and the depression . 

What symptoms are you having . Does your anxiety and depression alternate during the day and can they turn on and off to high levels very quickly as this is what I’m finding . 

As you have been holding for well over a year are your symptoms better and if so when did you notice changes for the better happening ? What month ? 

What  symptoms did you have to start with? 

Sorry to bombard you with questions :( 

Alto is working with me and I’m eternally grateful to her . 

Ill pop and read your thread 😊

LRH

mirage

Hi LRH.

The symptoms I still have are, dizziness and it can get so severe that i get nauseous. I still battle with, what I call, fake anxiety. I guess the word used on SA is chemical anxiety? But it is not bad at all. It's more annoying. My sleep is not completely back. But, it has gotten so much better. I get about 6 hours a night. I still wake with the cortisol spikes around 5am. However, now, I can usually fall back asleep for another hour. 

Around October of 2018, I started getting better. So, about 16 months after my cold turkey and 9 months after I started my hold. The months between october 2018 and may 2019, were so good. I had completely gotten back to doing everything I did before. I was traveling and back to running about 20 miles a week. I still had symptoms but, I could move past them with no problems. An occasional wave would roll in but would only last a short time.

In mid May, I took a bad turn and in the middle of the day, boom, the vertigo I had back in the very beginning of this journey, came back out of nowhere. With it came back the severe dizziness and cortisol spikes. 

In May, when this came back, I was at 23 month after my cold turkey but 16 months when I started my hold. 

I have been in a pretty rough wave since May. I have had a few windows but they have been very few and very short. Mostly these symptoms 24/7. 

I have read that a lot of people go through another terrible wave around the 2 year point. 

I had a phone appt with Baylissa Frederick. She is remarkable. She went through this herself years ago and now helps others. She says we will all heal. I do believe we will. It's all about timing and waiting it out. As you know, this is very hard! It takes so much bravery, patience and for me, prayers. Lots and lots of prayers. 

I have a few people I met on SA, and we stay in contact, through messaging, daily. And one person who I text with a couple of times a week. It helps to have a good friend that you can walk through this with who truly understands the difficulties in this. 

Please feel free to contact me as often as needed. It helps to just talk about your day with another person. 

Sending hugs and prayers to you my friend. 

Mirage

Longroadhome

Thank you for your post it’s so kind of you. 

Did/do you suffer with depression in wd

Edited by ChessieCat
removed quote

Longroadhome

@mirage

once again I appreciate your reply. 

I have also read about a bad wave around the two year mark,  time and again so this is what is happening with you I’ve no doubt . Hang On in there this too shall pass. 

I have a book by Baylissa Frederick it’s excellent Recovery and Renewal  and was considering a phone consultation myself . Did you feel it was good? 

Like you I firmly believe we will all  heal but the waiting is so very hard . Time time time the healing takes so long and yes it’s very very hard to bear. 

Its great that you have support with friends from this site . No one understands wd unless they have been or are going through it themselves . I wake up many mornings in disbelief of the “state” Paxil has left me in . It’s so debilitating .

You have worked all the way through do you continue to do so? 

I also work it keeps my mind occupied and  off me. 

Thank you for the offer to keep in contact I would like to do this . 

Take care I really hope the wave you are in is over soon.

Thank you for your prayers also 

Big hugs right back LRH 

mirage

Hi friend. 

I have Baylissas book and have read it several times. She is so positive and uplifting. I did think the phone appt I had with her was good. It was 50 minutes and she helps take some of the fear away. This is such a scary journey.

I understand when you say you wake up every morning in disbelief. I too feel that way. Its amazing how many symptoms we go through. I had so very, very many the entire first year! It was brutal!

I have worked all the way through this but I'm fortunate enough to work part time. I work 2 to 3 days a week and about 6 hours a day. Yes, I agree it does help take our mind off of how terrible we feel. I am a hairdresser and sometimes the brain fog can be bad and I need to be able to think clearly to mix chemicals for my color clients. I have learned to take it slow and easy. 

Let me introduce myself, my name is sue. I am 54. Married 34 years and we have raised 4 kids. 

I will reach out to you most days to see how you are doing and I am including you in my prayers. We will get through this and when we do, it will be the most AMAZING feeling!!! 

Stay strong my friend. You have it in you! 

Blessings,

Sue

Longroadhome
4 hours ago, mirage said:

Hi friend. 

I have Baylissas book and have read it several times. She is so positive and uplifting. I did think the phone appt I had with her was good. It was 50 minutes and she helps take some of the fear away. This is such a scary journey.

I understand when you say you wake up every morning in disbelief. I too feel that way. Its amazing how many symptoms we go through. I had so very, very many the entire first year! It was brutal!

I have worked all the way through this but I'm fortunate enough to work part time. I work 2 to 3 days a week and about 6 hours a day. Yes, I agree it does help take our mind off of how terrible we feel. I am a hairdresser and sometimes the brain fog can be bad and I need to be able to think clearly to mix chemicals for my color clients. I have learned to take it slow and easy. 

Let me introduce myself, my name is sue. I am 54. Married 34 years and we have raised 4 kids. 

I will reach out to you most days to see how you are doing and I am including you in my prayers. We will get through this and when we do, it will be the most AMAZING feeling!!! 

Stay strong my friend. You have it in you! 

Blessings,

Sue

Thank you for your reply Sue 

My name is Elaine . I was married for 36 years but now separated and have been with my partner for 5 years. He has just moved in with me and his two children . I have a son and a daughter grown up . Daughter has just had a baby daughter herself so now im

a new nan ! 

I’m 59. 

Like you I love to keep fit and go to the gym

every day . However since my mishap with tapering and then ct for a few days I’ve gone into deep withdrawal and my symptoms are playing up when I go to my keep fit classes with palpitations etc 

Sue did you have bad depression during the first year ? 

shawny

@mirage:) 

ur one person who never fail to disappoint:)

just dropping by to send u a hi ❤️

mirage

Hi @shawny. It is good to hear from you. How are you doing? 

I am hanging in there. A big wave came out of nowhere in mid May. I have pretty much been battling it every day with few windows and the few I have had, have been very short lived. I accept the symptoms as they are hitting me hard. I only have a few left, but they came back with a vengeance. Oddly, the symptoms I have are the very first symptoms I got when my journey began in June of 2017. Honestly, I was surprised to see them come back, especially after I have felt pretty good for 6 to 8 months prior to this wave. 

I am seeing sleep improve with this wave and the head/jaw pressure I have had this entire time, is improving as well. At the same time, the dizziness is over the top. Relentless. I am being challenged by it all day long. 

This healing is the oddest and most difficult and scary thing. We all need to remain brave and strong and faithful. In time, all will return to normal and we will all look back and be so amazed with the journeys we took and the things we endured. How amazing it will be! 

Sending big hugs to you. 

Mirage

mirage

Hi @Longroadhome, Elaine. 

We are similar ages. I kind of felt that. 

How wonderful that you are a Nan! My oldest son is married, no children, but 2 dogs. I have granddogs. lol. 

I have had to knock my workouts back down since this new wave came in May. If I over due it, I suffer. My symptoms get more severe so I am back to, still working out daily, but keeping it low key. I have not been able to run since May. But I know I will again. I had it all back until this wave. Don't push yourself. It will all return in time. 

I didn't really suffer with depression. But, I had terrible fears that I never had before. I was scared to be in the dark. Scared of heights. Scared of being alone, ect. I also had severe sensitivity to lights and sounds. Everything was so exaggerated and over blown. All of those symptoms have completely gone away. The depression you are experiencing seems to be a pretty normal symptom with withdrawal. You will get past it. Stay strong and faithful and find blessings in each and every day. 

If this dizziness would leave, I would be about 80 percent recovered. It came back with this wave and it has come back with a vengeance. It is brutal!!! 

I had been on a trip with my husband the past 5 days. Our flight got in around 1:30am this morning and I had to work today. I just finished and I am putting on my pjs and taking the rest of the night to rest. 

Hugs and blessings!

ChessieCat

Hi LRL and mirage,

So that mirage's Intro topic doesn't get cluttered with chit chat, which can result in the member's questions being missed, I suggest that you either support each other via PM for non SA related things or start a topic in the Off Topic area of the forum.