mirage

mirage

jonnypeters1234567
4 minutes ago, mirage said:

@RusTWI'm with you about putting on your happy face with work. That is what I do as well. I'm here to make others feel good about themselves. If I start whining about how crummy I feel, I would have to pay them and they would run and never come back. lol. 

Part time work is perfect for what we are going through. It is enough to help get our mind off of things and enough to keep us in to some type of regular life and routine. Yet, gives us time to relax and heal. 

I would love to work but at times nothing seems real and feels like im literaly not on this planet, which makes working slightly hard! Or leaving the house for that matter

RusTW
4 minutes ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Not great to be honest 13 months off CT. At the end of first year I was pretty functional, going to the gym etc. I have been pretty bad for about a month. However this morning was the best for a while, feel more in reallity. Its so hard to predict anything as symptoms keep changing daily- confused by the whole thing! Hoping for a  turnaround at 1.5 years. 

What medication did you call turkey off of

jonnypeters1234567

Celexa

RusTW

I work I work part-time also I couldn't imagine anymore just the anticipation to go to work every day is very stressful and then about halfway through it I feel pretty normal so I know that's what's keeping my balance right now moving around and working while you have the nausea really helps to forget about it seems to go away a little bit better

RusTW
4 minutes ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Celexa

How many mgs for how long did u take it.

jonnypeters1234567

20mg 6 years

RusTW
21 minutes ago, jonnypeters1234567 said:

Sorry misread- thought you were considering reinstating

Its ok ☺what are your symptoms

RusTW

how long did it how long did it take you for your withdrawals to hit you after you stopped

RusTW

mine was mine was about 3 weeks and it was weird because my scalp started itching and the skin on my arms and then I was extremely nauseated then I did some research about the medication I was on and it said that that's what happens during your withdraw so I realize that about three weeks later

jonnypeters1234567
2 minutes ago, RusTW said:

how long did it how long did it take you for your withdrawals to hit you after you stopped

probably a month

RusTW

it's good to know that you're getting Windows now

RusTW

did you get the anxiety and nausea or what kind of symptoms did you get

jonnypeters1234567

anxiety, chronic fatigue, depression, dp/dr

RusTW

what was the reason they put you on the medication didn't help you while you were on it they put me on a heavy dose of antipsychotics just for insomnia 2 to 300 mg of Seroquel per night which is way too much

mirage

@jonnypeters1234567Got a 15 minute break between clients.

Your cold turkey is very similar to mine. I quit the med, early May 2017 but never got any symptoms until early June 2017. I am 13 months into this journey as well. I was doing better until July 2nd. I had a wave that was as bad as ever. Really rough. However, I have had some small windows since then and the waves between the windows seem to be more tolerable. Are you noticing that? 

I have heard that things start to dramatically improve around 18 to 24 months off. I'm going with that. And, who knows, we may be better sooner. 

I have a couple of strong symptoms that I think are going to stick with me until the very end, dizziness and fake anxiety. I also have this head pressure that radiates into my jaw and creates a feeling of fullness in my ears. That seems to be improving. 

RusTW

18 months omg guess I got to endure

mirage

@RusTW Any one of us can get better any day. Don't fret. We just don't know. Take it one day at a time and enjoy what you can in every day.

RusTW

Well said I'm getting another window today just did some grueling squats at the gym and didn't get sick from it so I'm pretty happy about that now I'm taking a walk but then not trying to do too much

mirage

@RusTWFinished with all of my clients. Done for the night. Hurray!

So glad to hear you are getting another window and you were able to get in a good workout. I'm still going slow on mine. A few weeks ago I upped my game and started running. Had a couple of days I went 4 miles each day. I did get a pretty good set back but who is to say that I wouldn't have had the set back anyway? Do it if you can. I think working out helps. 

RusTW

I feel the wave coming-I enjoyed the time-oh well .i think the aggravating part of this is dealing with the unknown all the time .Im learning to live in the moment better by day.

mirage

@RusTWSorry to hear a wave is coming. Perhaps it will be short lived so don't fret. It can change just as quick the other way. Tell yourself, "this too shall pass and it will not last forever". 

How is the nausea?

RusTW

The nausea is the indicator of the wave coming with a little anxiety that builds.like a strange uneasy feeling in the stomach and spine.then the anxiety builds along with nausea for 3to4 days

RusTW

it was nice to have the window though I know they'll be another one in the future so that I have to look forward to. It's amazing how fast everything changes from one minute to the next. I try to stay on the same routine everyday so that the withdrawal symptoms don't get worse same with eating also.

RusTW

do you ever do you ever feel shortness of breath

mirage

Ah, yes, I get that. Some of my anxiety is that awful feeling, like a pit in your stomach. 

I stay with the same routine each day as well and I too, eat pretty much the same things every day. I make sure I eat a lot of protein and drink tons of water with fresh lemon. 

mirage

I don't get short of breath but that is another anxiety symptom. Does it happen when your anxiety ramps up?

RusTW

I guess the anxiety does cause of shortness of breath because it feels like when I'm amped up I do have the shortness of breath or just shallow breathing. Do you ever have digestive issues or have strange noises coming from your stomach when your laying down that's never happened to me before

mirage

I would guess, the digestive issues and noises are probably because you are having digestion problems which is from the nausea and the ramped up anxiety. 

RusTW

My whole digestive tract my whole digestive tract has changed ever since I started with these withdrawal.

mirage

Do you take a probiotic? I have always taken one for many years. A good one is expensive but worth it. A lot of serotonin is actually made in the gut. 

RusTW

last time I took a probiotic I had a sharp pain in my chest for about a month and then I had shortness of breath I don't know if it was from that or something else but it scared me enough to just eat natural probiotics like kefir and sauerkraut and yogurt I think that the medications make you have allergies to certain things

RusTW

I'm glad you mentioned that though because I'm going to incorporate it into my meals everyday at least some kind of probiotic I haven't been only here and there.

mirage

Sorry to hear that. I have always had good luck with it but I have always stuck to one brand and it has to stay refrigerated and has to be taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and I have to wait about 20 minutes before I can eat anything. I stay really strict with it. 

RusTW

last year I had a certain time where my body broke down I felt like my nervous system crashed and my immune system also. I was having all kinds of physical symptoms with no answers from doctors. this happened after I was taking a thousand mg of Cipro per day for a month for a urinary infection.another bad medication. which I think made my natural probiotics damaged in my stomach .if I had any type of probiotics it made me sick.plus I had the lump in the throat feeling.during that time I was on ativan 1 mg and had built a tolerance so I was having withdrawals everyday.I was a mess back then too.I cold turkey the ativan without knowledge of w/d and ended up crashing after a week very scary both physically and mentally .it was brutal didn't sleep for that week until reinstating then tapered for 2 months took 2 weeks to stabilize after the taper.seroquel and zyprexa are like benzodiazepines.they can be a mess to come off.especially if you cold turkey.

mirage

I agree with you. I have heard really bad things about Cipro. 

All of these meds are tough for some people to come off of. However, I know a lot of people who were able to come off of them with no problems at all. I guess it just depends on the persons system. It does seem that most everyone recovers. It is just a matter of time and patience. 

RusTW

how are you how are you doing today I'm just getting moving around getting ready to go walk woke up with the anxiety