Jaywill

Jaywill My Success story

Jaywill

I believe I am a success story. I took Paxil for 12 years. I weaned down but have been off medication since Aug 2012, so it was 5 years on Aug 15 2017. I was SEVERELY sick for a long time , but I refused to go back on the meds,I have the majority of my life back. I continue to teach full time, I play hockey, I hike daily. I am on a very restrictive diet,( Paleo with no grains and I really restrict sugar) I do have a chemical sensitivity but I live a very clean life. I did 1 full year of the Dynamic Neural Retraining System which has helped me big time. I have had an MRI and I have developed a small lesion in my right hemisphere. I am not able to eat things like everyone else but I look at it as though I am going to be healthier in the long run and it keeps me trim. I do yoga, i see a naturopath every month, I see a massage therapist every month. I eat well, exercise, drink alot of water, do brain retraining 20 min a day. The way I look at it there is no quick fix to withdrawal. It is an absolute hell that I wouldn't wish on anyone. Everyday it is something else but I do WHATEVER it takes and I am living a great life. So there is no quick fix. It takes time and alot of hard work. I also had my faith and knew that I was going to be well one day. I hope this shows that there is life after meds.

Help777

Hi,

Congrats on your recovery!  What is the brain retraining you do each day?  I am 2 years post effexor and still withdrawing from lithium, one of the meds to bridge.  I am struggling with depression, low tolerance for stress, insomnia at times, burning hands and feet.  I cry a lot.  Hoping I continue to heal.

help

scottenter

Thanks for your success story. Is the dynamic neural retraining system the same thing or similar to neurofeedback?

Itzakadoozee

Thanks for the hope I really appreciate it.

Tootsieroll

Woo hoo keeping the survival stories alive!!  Congrats!!  I was starting to get discouraged because of the lack of newer stories of people who have crossed the finish line.  It appears it takes quite a while for some, 5 years in your case.  Thank you for instilling renewed hope in me and I wish you the best in everything!

Waltjie

Thank you for your post! Gives the rest of us here HOPE! xx

JeanK

thanks for your post. I can hardly wait to be drug free.

JeanK

hey i'm withdrawing fom Celexa. And I just got over a bacterial infection and a broken foot. I've dealt with anxiety mood swings an depression. Hope you make friends soon. I go to AA to.

Peachy

Thanks for the update Jaywill! 

What sort of symptoms did you have in WD, and when did they start to get better? 

Do you feel joy and happiness again, without constant hoplesness and depression?

Thanks!