savior998: About Zoloft 25 mg

savior998

I take 25 mg of zoloft and I want to reduce it to eliminate it, but I do not know how "fast" it can be eliminated since they are 25 mg ... Also, when doing the liquid reduction with 25 mg, you would not be able to calculate how much "equivalent" it is in ml with a syringe. Please help

sertraline 25 mg 2014 - currently taking it

clonazepam 1 mg 2014 to feb 2018

psychiatrist made an abrupt taper then made me go on a even worse abrupt interruption resulting in terrible withdrawal symptoms.

reinstating clonazepam feb 2018 (4 days after stopping taking it)

improvement in symptoms after reinstating it and begging tapering thanks to benzobuddies help.

begging tapering clonazepam march 2018

last dose clonazepam may 5 2020

terrible symptoms during tapering and after and no improvements so far

• ChessieCat changed the title to savior999: About Zoloft 25 mg
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi savior and welcome to SA,

It's really fantastic that you have found and joined SA before you even start tapering.

I'm going to give you lots of links to check out.  Please don't feel overwhelmed, just work your way through them one at a time as you feel able.

SA recommends tapering by no more than 10% of the previous dose followed by a hold at that dose for about 4 weeks to allow the brain to adapt to not getting as much of the drug.  This is because psychiatric drugs create a physiological dependence, not physical like caffeine or nicotine.

Patience is needed to get off these drugs.  We suggest throwing out the calendar and listening to your body and your symptoms.  If after 4 weeks you don't feel stable, feel unwell or life circumstances are a bit more stressful than usual (for example the Christmas period, winter time, or job change) it is better to stay at that dose for a bit longer until things settle down.

We ask all members to create a drug signature.  This appears below every post you make.  Please update it whenever you make a change.  This is the preferred format which makes it easier for us to see your drug history at a glance:

A request: Would you summarize your history in a signature - ALL drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly?

• Please leave out symptoms and diagnoses.
  • A list is easier to understand than one or multiple paragraphs. 
  • Any drugs prior to 24 months ago can just be listed with start and stop years.
  • Please use actual dates or approximate dates (mid-June, Late October) rather than relative time frames (last week, 3 months ago)
  • Spell out months, e.g. "October" or "Oct."; 9/1/2016 can be interpreted as Jan. 9, 2016 or Sept. 1, 2016.
  • Link to Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

Before you begin tapering what you need to know

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline) 

It is easy to make your own liquid from Zoloft tablets.  Please see my next post for instruction.

Dr Joseph Glenmullen's Withdrawal Symptoms

Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

How do you talk to a doctor about tapering and withdrawal?

What should I expect from my doctor about withdrawal symptoms?

Brain Remodelling

Video:  Healing From Antidepressants - Patterns of Recovery

Keep it Simple, Slow and Stable

Keep Notes on Paper

Rate Symptoms Daily to Check Patterns and Progress

Tapering Calculator - Online

It is best to make only 1 change at a time.  It is also better not to start taking a complex vitamin because if you experience issues you will not know what exactly is causing it.  B vitamins can be stimulating especially B6.  hypersensitive-to-b-vitamin-or-b-vitamin-complex  If trying anything new, start with a small amount to see how you react and build up to the recommended amount.  The only supplements which SA recommends are Magnesium and Omega-3 Fish Oil.  Try a small amount one at a time to see how you react.

Even with a careful and slow taper you will most likely experience times of discomfort.  It is best to learn and use Non-drug techniques to cope

As a word of encouragement, I had been on an AD for 25 years and joined SA 2.5 years ago, after experiencing 3 weeks of bad cog fog when I reduced from 100mg Pristiq to 50mg.  I have following SA's tapering protocol and have managed to reduce from 100mg Pristiq to 11mg in that time.  I have only suffered minor withdrawal symptoms.  I am working 3 days per week.

There are many existing topics and discussions on this site.  You can use the site search function on the main page of the site at the top right, or use a search engine and include survivingantidepressants.org in your search string.

As I said, lots of information, but I really want you to have what you need so you can have a successful taper.

This is your own Intro topic where you can ask questions and journal your progress.  We suggest that members visit each others Intro topics so that can support and encourage each other.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Moderator Emeritus

Instructions to make liquid Zoloft:

Always use the same tools and do it the same way every time so you get a consistent dose.

Please check my calculations

Add 25mg Zoloft tablet to 25mL of water and leave overnight

The ratio is 1:1 so each 1mL of solution = 1mg Zoloft

10% reduction:  Dose to take 25mg x 0.9 = 22.5mg

Stir/shake and extract and dispose of 2.5mL and drink the remainder for 22.5mg Zoloft

Next reduction:  Dose to take 22.5mg x 0.9 = 20.25mg

Extract and dispose of 4.75mL of solution and drink the remainder for 20.25mg Zoloft

You can use a larger quantity of water if you prefer

Add 25mg Zoloft tablet to 250mL

The ratio will be 1:10

10mL of solution = 1 mg Zoloft   OR   1mL of solution = 0.1mg Zoloft

Extract and dispose of 25mL and drink the remainder for 22.5mg Zoloft

Extract and dispose of 47.5mL of solution and drink the remainder for 20.25mg Zoloft

If you get to doses which are difficult numbers to measure it is better to round up

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

28 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Instrucciones para hacer Zoloft líquido:

Siempre use las mismas herramientas y hágalo de la misma manera todas las veces para que obtenga una dosis constante.

Por favor revisa mis cálculos

Agregue 25 mg de tableta Zoloft a 25 ml de agua y déjela durante la noche

La relación es de 1: 1, por lo que cada 1 ml de solución = 1 mg de Zoloft

10% de reducción:  Dosis para tomar 25 mg x 0.9 = 22.5 mg

Agite / sacuda y extraiga y deseche de 2.5ml y beba el resto por 22.5mg de Zoloft

Siguiente reducción:  Dosis para tomar 22.5mg x 0.9 = 20.25mg

Extraiga y elimine 4.75 ml de solución y beba el resto por 20.25 mg de Zoloft

Puede usar una mayor cantidad de agua si lo prefiere

Agregue 25 mg de tableta Zoloft a 250 ml

La relación será de 1:10

10 ml de solución = 1 mg de Zoloft O    1 ml de solución =    0.1 mg de Zoloft

Extraiga y elimine 25 ml y beba el resto por 22.5 mg de Zoloft

Extraiga y elimine 47.5mL de solución y beba el resto por 20.25mg Zoloft

Si llega a dosis que son números difíciles de medir, es mejor redondear

Thank you very much, I have 3 doubts ... in what dose can I "jump" (leave zoloft) safely in mg approx.? plus Is the liquid refrigerated? Do you need a dyed bottle to let dilute the suspension?

psychiatrist made an abrupt taper then made me go on a even worse abrupt interruption resulting in terrible withdrawal symptoms.

improvement in symptoms after reinstating it and begging tapering thanks to benzobuddies help.

• Moderator Emeritus
On 27/07/2012 at 11:44 AM, Altostrata said:

Refrigerate homemade liquids
Most homemade solutions may keep for at least a few days, refrigerated. Drugs tend to be degraded by heat and light, which is why pharmacy containers are tinted.

Refrigeration delays the growth of bacteria and mold in your homemade liquid, which was not made under sterile conditions.

when-to-end-the-taper-and-jump-to-zero

• Moderator Emeritus

Q:  Do you take any other drugs?

Please create your drug signature so we can see your drug history.

• 2 years later...

hi everyone ,i am thinking in tapering sertraline because i think maybe is stopping me for recovering for my benzo(clonazepam) withdrawal after 8 months of the last dose.

can this happen?

• manymoretodays changed the title to savior998: help with sertraline
  • Moderator Emeritus

2nd post by member titled:  Needs help with this website

(* mod note-a table they found somewhere, just quoting post as I cannot seem to merge it from S and SC-  mmt)

16 hours ago, savior998 said:

i have been found out this website

http://antdep.alwaysdata.net/liquid/liquidForm.php

but i don't know what is that :

ml (50% of susp.vehicle 

what does mean? 

and why i need 500 ml to reach the 0.1 suggested concentration for 1 unit?

also what 

"Compounding loss " mean?

thanks

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• Administrator

Hello, @savior998

What symptoms are you getting from sertraline?

If you have a question for http://antdep.alwaysdata.net/liquid/liquidForm.php, you'll need to ask them.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:15 AM, Altostrata said:

What symptoms are you getting from sertraline?

the thing isn't that i have symptoms from sertraline,is that i have been told in benzobuddies after 8 months off clonazepam and still having symptoms that somehow the sertraline pill is stopping the recovery,so i wanted to ask here if that was even possible.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:15 AM, Altostrata said:

If you have a question for http://antdep.alwaysdata.net/liquid/liquidForm.php, you'll need to ask them.

the user that made it isn't active since december in benzobuddies so i assume that people here maybe is familiar with that website wich is developed to help with antidepressants.

and i have other question..why i can't post in tapering?(the website don let me) 

thanks in advance.

• Administrator

Please explain how sertraline is impeding your recovery from going off clonazepam. What symptoms do you have from this?

We need more information about your drug history, including when you started your drugs and their dosages. To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

You can't post in Tapering because only staff can start topics there.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please explain how sertraline is impeding your recovery from going off clonazepam. What symptoms do you have from this?

symptoms from benzo withdrawal are too many,but is mostly psychological (desesperation,anxiety,palpitations,insomnia,weird rage) and weird sensations in body, and  tinnitus...

and from sertraline i am having no symptoms and that it's why i come here,the thing is that people in benzobuddies say that sertraline somehow can be impeding the recovery from the benzo withdrawal,is that possible?

17 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You can't post in Tapering because only staff can start topics there.

so how users can make questions?

thanks for your time.

• Administrator

You can put your questions about your situation in this topic, or you can respond to topics in Tapering.

You're having no symptoms from sertraline? Does it have any benefit for you? How's your sleep?

If you're not having an adverse reaction to it, I wouldn't worry about it. What you heard on Benzobuddies is wrong.

But you'll have to be careful going off it.

15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

You're having no symptoms from sertraline? Does it have any benefit for you? How's your sleep?

my sleep is terrible due to the benzo withdrawal symptoms and in relation to sertraline i was put on it after a mayor surgery and i never benefited for it but i did not had info about how to come off of it and in fact i felt slightly more anxious after start taking it.

i want to quit it in a safe manner once i am recovered from the benzodiazepine withdrawal.

i am wondering if someone just made a slow/very slow tapering can avoid having any symptoms at all?

hi everyone, i have some questions an i hope people here know about.

wich is the best form(more secure) of tapering sertraline ?

i am thinking on making it liquid but ,this can be done in regular water ?

it will be homogenous enough this way?

also microtapering like this page permit is safe?

i just need syringes and water or sertraline need to be diluted on a special way or with a special solution?

how many time will take to taper 25 mg in a safe manner?

thanks

• Administrator

Savior, I merged your 2 accounts. Only one account to a member.

how to know if a drug is extended release?

i am not from the US so i'm wondering if there is a way of know about this of there is no indication in the name of the drug or the small piece of paper that comes with it(i can't go to the pharmacy)

pd:the drug is sertraline 

Edited by manymoretodays
merged from tapering, title added

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi savior988, @savior998

Hey welcome aboard.  I'm not sure, but it sounds like you might be interested in tapering your sertraline.

I've just moved a number of your posts, from around the site, I think mostly from tapering.......back here.

This is your Introduction page, and an excellent place to post your questions.

This is your introduction/journal page where you have now introduced yourself to the community, you can ask questions here regarding your tapering, give updates, and just keep a record of your journey.

19 hours ago, savior998 said:

i am wondering if someone just made a slow/very slow tapering can avoid having any symptoms at all?

I think it's possible savior998.  I do.

And then I am going to just leave you with the relevant topics on tapering sertraline, right here, in your Introduction, for now.

And congratulations on completing your benzo taper.  And thank you for getting the signature done.

How have you been feeling since the benzo taper?

Tips for tapering sertraline(Zoloft)

And by the way, I don't think sertraline comes in a extended release form.

And best, L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Thanks for the reception @manymoretodays

4 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

i think it's possible savior998.  I do.

wich is your method for doing it?

How have you been feeling since the benzo taper

still terrible,thats why i'am learning about how to do a correct taper to coming off drugs,i did the ashton manual method with benzos and ended being too fast.

Tips for tapering sertraline(Zoloft)

And by the way, I don't think sertraline comes in a extended release form

thanks but i've already reading these.

L, P, H, and G

what does mean that?

best wishes

• Moderator Emeritus

Lol.  That's my Love, peace, healing, and growth sign off.  B)

And oh, I'd recommend the 10% or less taper for doing it.  Of course you are still recovering from benzo's too.

Took me awhile to improve after my final tapers too.  I had years of these drugs, prior to coming here. 

Let me see if Shep, @Shep, or Frogie, @Frogie, has any suggests for furthering your benzo recovery now.

And then we can also help you find some good non-drug coping right now too.

What kind of symptoms linger for you?

What's a day like?

When do you take your sertraline each day?

Any other drugs or supplements that you are taking now?

Thanks savior998.  Lot's of question, I know.  Thankyou.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

22 hours ago, savior998 said:

how to know if a drug is extended release?

i am not from the US so i'm wondering if there is a way of know about this of there is no indication in the name of the drug or the small piece of paper that comes with it(i can't go to the pharmacy)

pd:the drug is sertraline 

I don’t think there is sertraline as extended release form but just call the pharmacist to ask and confirm.

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

On 1/18/2021 at 6:10 PM, savior998 said:

hi everyone, i have some questions an i hope people here know about.

wich is the best form(more secure) of tapering sertraline ?

i am thinking on making it liquid but ,this can be done in regular water ?

it will be homogenous enough this way?

also microtapering like this page permit is safe?

i just need syringes and water or sertraline need to be diluted on a special way or with a special solution?

how many time will take to taper 25 mg in a safe manner?

thanks

The safest way is to ask your doctor or a central big pharmacy in your area if there is liquid sertraline available. I asked my doctor and she said “no it doesn’t exist as liquid”... I called a few pharmacists and I found one which had the liquid version.  Doctors know nothing! I had to push my doctor to call this pharmacy and prescribe me the liquid form. I think the only reason she did not disregard my request is because I am a neuroscientist and she knew I know a lot of things about brain and drugs. Otherwise she would just have had hung up the phone on me.... 
if you don’t find a liquid form , you can dilute it in water or orange juice. Better in water cause it is easier to see if it is fully diluted. Let me know if you don’t find liquid sertraline and I ll be happy to answer any further questions u might have about diluting it in water 

Aug. 16-17, 2020, cipralex: went CRAZY! Recovered in 24hrs

Aug.28,2020; 3.5 weeks 25mg sertraline/4.5 weeks taper

Oct. 25: Last dose (4mg)

Symptoms while on zoloft

DPDR/out of my body/soul despair/feeling dead; tinnitus/no appetite; fear, anxiety/panics

4 months OFF: soul despair, anxiety/fear, brain disconnection/ DPDR, brain feels swollen-numb/crazy/bedridden barely functioning, tinnitus, eye lid twitches; face spasms. Feeling slightly better after 10pm.

- sleep & appetite are fine

9 months OFF: hell, no windows, same symptoms as above  (only eye and face twitches have stopped) plus intense arm/shoulder pain and visual issues. Tinnitus replaced by head buzzing. 

10 months-1 year: all above plus Insomnia (out of nowhere), depression, no peace of mind (mental Akathisia); 2.5mg melatonin

14months off: sleep resumed. All rest symptoms remain. Bedridden vegetable all day. DP is relentless. 

1.5 years off: still severely disabled, not much changed except some improvement in vision.

• 1 month later...

i still have symptoms of benzo withdrawal but i am running out of sertraline (i have enough for like 2 years)

so i am thinking in taper it now,will the reduction of sertraline negative affect the healing(recuperation) of benzo withdrawal?(i mean more than the possible symptoms of the taper?)

or i will heal anyway?

thanks.

• savior998 changed the title to Emergency taper

hi everyone ,i am wondering if i can just add juice to the sertraline taper to make it less bitter,is it ok?

• getofflex changed the title to savior998: About Zoloft 25 mg
  • Moderator Emeritus

@savior998we ask that you please keep you questions and comments about your situation in this one thread.  That way, all your history is in one place, and we can have a cohesive thread to follow so we know how to help you.  Thank you.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, savior998 said:

hi everyone ,i am wondering if i can just add juice to the sertraline taper to make it less bitter,is it ok?

I think if you were going to use any juice that it would be better to use apple or pear.  I definitely would NOT use citrus (orange, lemon, grapefruit).

Also, I would NOT make and keep the liquid drug up in the juice.  I would make the liquid drug up with water and then measure out the dose and add that to a small amount of juice.  I would also use the same measuring method and use the same drinking vessel each time as well as using the same amount of juice.

Only make one change at a time.  It would be a good idea to keep daily notes for a little while in case any issues arise.

• Moderator Emeritus

The other option you have, instead of adding the dose to juice, is to dilute the sertraline with more water so that the taste is not as strong.

17 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I think if you were going to use any juice that it would be better to use apple or pear.  I definitely would NOT use citrus (orange, lemon, grapefruit).

Also, I would NOT make and keep the liquid drug up in the juice.  I would make the liquid drug up with water and then measure out the dose and add that to a small amount of juice.  I would also use the same measuring method and use the same drinking vessel each time as well as using the same amount of juice.

Only make one change at a time.  It would be a good idea to keep daily notes for a little while in case any issues arise.

thanks you and thanks to everyone here for being so supportive!

i have other questions,will the taper affect the healing of the benzo withdrawal?(i still have symptoms but i need to taper sertraline to avoid an abrupt interruption due to lack of supply)

and ,how many days can i store the preparation ?(i have read the post on this but people seems to say different things)

cheers.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 8:23 PM, ChessieCat said:

The other option you have, instead of adding the dose to juice, is to dilute the sertraline with more water so that the taste is not as strong.

despite using juice and more water i have a strong burning sensation in the tongue that persist during the day,what i can do for that?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am nearly 1 year off clonazepam after a long taper and still having benzo withdrawal symptoms ,i am frustrated because i realized thanks to SA that the "you will heal once you are out"  popular on benzo forums made me continue tapering despite having terrible symptoms because of the idea of  "tolerance withdrawal" so now i am 25 yrs old and in bed with my life ruined.

i don't know if someone will read this but i hope more people spread this .

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Savior.  I have heard that benzos are wicked to withdraw from.  

15 hours ago, savior998 said:

made me continue tapering despite having terrible symptoms

It sounds like your system probably still has some healing work to do.  It can take months to years for our nervous systems to heal from psych drugs.  This link explains more about that:  

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take

15 hours ago, savior998 said:

i am 25 yrs old and in bed with my life ruined.

I hate that this happened to you.  It sounds very challenging.  I want to give you some hope.  There are people who have had awful withdrawal, but after a period of time, have managed to recover and live a normal life again.  

Here is a link to some Benzo withdrawal success stories. 

Benzo Success Stories

Have you tried reading some of the success stories on this forum?  

SA Success Stories

Edited by getofflex

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

19 hours ago, getofflex said:

Hello Savior.  I have heard that benzos are wicked to withdraw from.  

It sounds like your system probably still has some healing work to do.  It can take months to years for our nervous systems to heal from psych drugs.  This link explains more about that:  

How Long is Withdrawal Going to Take

I hate that this happened to you.  It sounds very challenging.  I want to give you some hope.  There are people who have had awful withdrawal, but after a period of time, have managed to recover and live a normal life again.  

Here is a link to some Benzo withdrawal success stories. 

Benzo Success Stories

Have you tried reading some of the success stories on this forum?  

SA Success Stories

thanks,your words are very apreciated : )

this has been really terrible.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm so sorry, and my heart is sad to hear this. You are in my prayers.