prozac kills again

bruno2016

While driving, I heard on the radio about a girl who was 15 years old when she murdered a young girl "just to see how it was to kill someone". The girl was on prozac ( http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/07/alyssa-bustamante-prozac-defense_n_1260634.html).

If you read the article, what really pisses me off is that the prosecutor's witness, a psychiatrist at University of Mass Medical school says, "There is no reliable evidence in the medical and scientific literature that Prozac causes people to commit murder." Really? Is he freakin serious? I admit I have not gone through all this medical and scientific literature, but is it not well known that these drugs do cause homicidal and suicidal actions? What the hell is really going on here? Why is it that we constantly hear of these stories and society keeps putting up with this crap? Who will be next?

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

• Administrator

You're right, zap. SSRIs cause unanticipated and sometimes very violent reactions in children and teens. This is known.

Harvard and Massachusetts General Hospital are hotbeds of pro-drug propaganda. Many doctors from those institutions have produced papers for pharmaceutical companies recommending their drugs for whatever ails you.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I stated this in my introduction and I am going to repeat it. My husband is retired from the NYPD. He has his own opinions on AD's that he formed long before he met me. He often says that it is common to find bottles of AD's on crime sites of an unusual nature as well as suicide sites. And in NYC a lot of people are on pmeds.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

I became suicidal on Prozac.

On 5mg of Celexa, I suffered severe akisthesia. There is no doubt in my mind that if I had heeded my psychiatrist's advice to stay on the med that I would either have committed suicide or homicide.

So there is no doubt in my mind that these drugs can cause people to commit crimes under their influence that wouldn't have normally. However, we have to be cautious and not automatically assume that everyone taking an SSRI did it because of the drug. In my opinion, people can be predisposed towards criminal behavior and the drug pushes them over the edge.

Not being familiar with this case, I don't know what happened to have an opinion.

Zepp - People just have no clue about the damage that psych meds can cause. I emailed a relative the link to one of Gianna's blog entries and she had no idea this was such an issue.

Whatever - Interesting comments from your husband. Wow

Drug cocktail 1995 - 2010
Started taper of Adderall, Wellbutrin XL, Remeron, and Doxepin in 2006
Finished taper on June 10, 2010

Temazepam on a PRN basis approximately twice a month - 2014 to 2016

Beginning in 2017 - Consumption increased to about two times per week

April 2017 - Increased to taking it full time for insomnia

I stated this in my introduction and I am going to repeat it. My husband is retired from the NYPD. He has his own opinions on AD's that he formed long before he met me. He often says that it is common to find bottles of AD's on crime sites of an unusual nature as well as suicide sites. And in NYC a lot of people are on pmeds.

What are your husband's opinions? That is a very interesting thing you bring up regarding crime scenes and AD. unfortunately, that does not surprise me.

Various SSRIs/SNRIs 7- 1/2 years

Went Cold Turkey from Celexa 2011, Stayed Off

Psych Drug Free and Loving Life (over 6 years and counting)

How I Stay Well: Diet, exercise, meditation, supplements, etc

• 1 month later...

I just noticed this also -

Just recently there have been shooting rampages in Hollywood„Pittsburgh and Afghanistan that all had a mental health or pharma connection but (at least in Hwood case) wasn't mentioned after the news died down - the Hollywood shooter was said to have taken drug samples from a pharma rep (directly) after which his personality changed as reported by girlfriend - never heard of tox reports confirming or denying -

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

What are your husband's opinions? That is a very interesting thing you bring up regarding crime scenes and AD. unfortunately, that does not surprise me.

Just saw this Zep, sorry for the delayed response.

My husband thinks pmeds are uneccesary, over prescribed and cause people to act crazy. He held that opinion long before I met him. His experience in based on personal experience, what he has seen on the job. This opinion recently gained more evidence in support of it as we watched a close friend who went on a "cocktail" do some bizarre, reckless and dangerous things, now that she is off of them she is sane as sane can be.

Withdrew cold turkey from six medications: Celexa, Zyprexa, Depakote, Ativan, Ambien and Phentermine in 2002. It has been 10 years since I told polypharmacy to take a hike and have joined this forum to let others know that success is possible and to hopefully save people from experiencing the suffering that I did under psychiatric "care".

MY STORY

"TENSION is when we try to be who we think we should be, RELAXATION is when we are who we really are."

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy