Survivor1

Waking up in a sweat

Survivor1

For several months I have been waking up in a sweat around 2 am.  Heart rate is usually elevated, and have occasional anxiety also.  Has anyone had this for a while and see it resolve?  Thanks.

Happy2Heal
3 hours ago, Survivor1 said:

For several months I have been waking up in a sweat around 2 am.  Heart rate is usually elevated, and have occasional anxiety also.  Has anyone had this for a while and see it resolve?  Thanks.

Oh I had this when I was first tapering down without knowing what I was doing, awful night sweats and high heart rate etc

then I got sick with the flu, then a second flu and then pneumonia, so I dont' know, if it continued or it was just sweating from being so sick

after I recovered from the pneumonia I had the sweating at night til around er, this past Dec I think...?
I was already off the lexapro completely and the night time symptoms had improved a LOT but were not totally gone.
I guess it gradually got better from there, sorry I can't remember but those symptoms are gone now.

my temp is nearly what i think it should be most of the time. Occasionally I will feel either hotter than I think I should or colder than I think I should, given the air temp where I am.

I am definitely more sensitive to temp changes than I was in the past but like all my other symptoms, I fully expect that sensitivity will end as well.

so yes, it's going to get better!! no worries!!

it sucks when you're going thru it but it  helps to know it's not permanent

Survivor1

Hi H2H,

Deep down I kind of know it will resolve. but as you know, when you are going through it, it seems like it will last forever ... As usual, you are a beacon in this darkness.  Thank you so much for reinforcing that this is not permanent.

Best.

Happy2Heal
14 hours ago, Survivor1 said:

Hi H2H,

Deep down I kind of know it will resolve. but as you know, when you are going through it, it seems like it will last forever ... As usual, you are a beacon in this darkness.  Thank you so much for reinforcing that this is not permanent.

Best.

oh I understand

I needed almost daily reassurances when I was in the thick of it

Actually some days, I needed or at least wanted, reassurance every couple of hours

it's going to get better. 

Try not to think about the stuff that's still uncomfortable, and focus on the things that are getting better

I know it's hard but it will actually help you feel better overall, and I think it helps you to recover faster, I don't know....

but in any event, it can't hurt

I started to think of my night sweats as a way to remove toxins from my body. It made it a bit more bearable. 

I do find that reducing my sugar intact reduces the sweating, both the intensity and how long it lasts,

on days I ate the least amnt of sweets, I had the shortest mildest episodes

that seems to be a trigger, as I ate a ton of super sweet cookies yesterday and had sweating late last night, or more like early this morning. Oops!!

once in awhile is not too bad but I'm back on the whole foods today, no junk!!

Toulouse

I had this about a year off of Paxil. It resolved after a month or two. 

AliG

S.   I also had this at odd times ~ not just 2 am. I often had the heat, cortisol and overall flush feeling all at the same time. For me, it usually came in a rush and could be pretty much anytime, although I was much more conscious of it at night. It often kept me awake ... over ... and over ...

The thing is that even after almost 4 years ... off everything ~  I still occasionally get it. It's quite bizarre that even after this extraordinary length of time, it can still be very apparent. That just shows me the power of these drugs ...

It's not permanent and it does get better ~ now, it's more like a mosquito bite ~ annoying , but you know what it is ~ so, no big deal.  ;)

powerback
On ‎28‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:34 PM, Happy2Heal said:

oh I understand

I needed almost daily reassurances when I was in the thick of it

Actually some days, I needed or at least wanted, reassurance every couple of hours

it's going to get better. 

Try not to think about the stuff that's still uncomfortable, and focus on the things that are getting better

I know it's hard but it will actually help you feel better overall, and I think it helps you to recover faster, I don't know....

but in any event, it can't hurt

I started to think of my night sweats as a way to remove toxins from my body. It made it a bit more bearable. 

I do find that reducing my sugar intact reduces the sweating, both the intensity and how long it lasts,

on days I ate the least amnt of sweets, I had the shortest mildest episodes

that seems to be a trigger, as I ate a ton of super sweet cookies yesterday and had sweating late last night, or more like early this morning. Oops!!

Hi H2H do you eat organic ,I try to stick to whole foods myself .

Happy2Heal
9 minutes ago, powerback said:

Hi H2H do you eat organic ,I try to stick to whole foods myself

when I can afford it, I'll get organically grown produce but to be honest, I can't afford it unless it's on sale.

what's mostly different about the way that I eat is that I eat a LOT of beans and vegetables. They are the main component of my diet. Where some ppl eat a half cup of veggies once a day, but meat at nearly every meal,  basically reverse that. I do eat a small amnt of meat/fish, but usually not more than once or twice a week. Usually only because it's the cheapest and easy to get option, like when I forget to pack a lunch when I go out.

One of the leading nutritional scientists for the World Health Organization is quoted as saying that, like radiation, there is no safe amnt of meat, ppl should avoid it or at the very least, drastically reduce the amnt they eat. All the science is backing this up, it's no longer controversial.

However, that said, when I was in acute WD, I was losing wt so rapidly, I really feel like I *needed* to eat both meat and fish and sometimes eggs, just to slow down the weight loss. I got horribly thin and felt weak and dizzy, as my blood pressure plummeted too.

I have leveled off and am a healthy weight now. If I'm not careful with sodium, my blood pressure will go up, so I have to watch that.

I typically eat vegetables for breakfast or a veg-bean soup, and I'll have a salad &/or soup with more vegetables for lunch, for snacks I have fruit mostly. I like to have oatmeal with ground flax seed and walnuts at night as my last meal because it helps me sleep. 

Where I go wrong is eating simple carbs and sweets, those are my weakness. I'm doing better though!

I've gotten down to just a tiny bit of agave syrup in my tea and on my cereal and the night sweats are GONE!

woohoo!
I must try to remember that sugar=sweating, and ask myself "is it worth it?"

sometimes the answer may be yes, lol but hey, for some occasional chocolate, why not?

Junglechicken

I've been waking up feeling too hot.

The UK is in a heat wave now so that's probably a factor, but then I'm in summer PJs so do think WD is playing a part.

noearthlyfamily

i've had this too, but thought it was my hrt off balance...nope! it was too fast withdrawals from quetiapine, which levelled out once i learned water titration and began doing that for the part of my quetiapine dose that i'm tapering. it took about 3 days to really stop. i sleep with my room at 70 degrees F year round. and progesterone helps keep the real hot flashes at bay, though they don't usually come when i take my hrt as prescribed. the too fast or uneven tapering when i wa scutting tiny pills with scissors is what got me.