bruno2016

CoQ10 / Coenzyme Q10

oskcajga

I've been taking Coq10 now for a couple of weeks, started at  50mg, then crept to 100mg, and then slowly crept up to 200mg, then I went to 300mg, and finally I tried 400mg for two days.  Haven't noticed any differences really - only at 400mg do I get a slight activation that's a bit uncomfortable - I'm honestly afraid of going higher than that, considering the dosage recommendations on here.  In the future, I'll be taking 300mg a day - considering that I'm not sensitive to the stuff, but also considering that I haven't read that doses higher than 300mg a day are really necessary. 

Perhaps the brand I'm taking isn't particularly bioavailable - I don't know - there are so many SO MANY different brands of this stuff out there it's enough to give someone a migraine trying to decide the correct brand to take.

Here's the brand I'm taking:

http://www.puritan.com/antioxidants-040/co-q-10-100-mg-015593

ChessieCat

... - I don't know - there are so many SO MANY different brands of this stuff out there it's enough to give someone a migraine trying to decide the correct brand to take.

Hi oskcajga,

I have trouble deciding on which soap powder to buy ... :unsure:

I don't think we have "met" before, so hello.

CC

Petunia

I started taking this about 3 - 4 weeks ago. I'm taking Ubiquinol 100mg by Healthy Origins.

My gums have stopped bleeding when I brush, which is a problem I've had for years, my whole life actually. I'm also not feeling so exhausted. Still tired, but there has definitely been some improvement.

KMart95

Just wanted to get this thread going again. One of my biggest issues in withdrawal has been chronic fatigue. I read quite a bit about the benefits of COQ10 and decided to give it a go. I bought 100mg gel capsules and within one hour of taking them I was very agitated, emotional, depressed, suicidal and angry. This surprised me because COQ10 is supposed to have very few side effects, but I guess it can be too activating for some people. I also noticed no difference in my energy levels and have had acid reflux, nausea and constant hunger since taking only one dose. Like any supplement, use with caution and if you can get a smaller dose it is better to start small.

hayduke

I had been trying CoQ10 + creatine (ATP precursors) for a few weeks recently and my energy levels did improve.  Unfortunately though I started piling on belly fat really quickly so stopped both.

I'll give the CoQ10 a go on its own for now.