Carmie

Carmie: accidently doubling up on seroquel one day while tapering

Carmie

P.s. I can’t download my own photos on here because of the amount of data I’m allowed on this site but wanted to share this encouragement:

6052639B-108B-48A5-B219-B50A42F0B9AB.jpeg

Carmie

P.s.s. Okay I know there’s no such thing and I’m going off on a tangent once again. Pleeeease find things that amuse you while going through withdrawals.

I’m a big Star Wars fan n The Saga Begins by Weird Al Yankovich always makes me smile. I looove his video entitled Word Crimes too. It’s all about getting grammar right. It cracks me up. I just watched it again. 

Okay everyone please keep finding things that amuse you while going through withdrawals. I’m going to watch Word Crimes again n have another laugh. 

Hang in there💚💚💚

Miracle123

Hi Carmie, i love this encouragement during hard time. Thanks a lots.

Edited by Carmie
Removed same illustration

Carmie

Just documenting: Today is day 102 since changing to compounded formula and day 39 since the accidental double dose. 

I started stabilising last Sunday, which was day 96 since formulation change. 

I’ve had lots of windows all week. Yay!!  They always come eventually.

Take care everyone 💚

14 hours ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Carmie, i love this encouragement during hard time. Thanks a lots.

Yes, we all certainly need encouragement during these hard times. I’m so sorry the tetanus shot you had has put you into bad waves. It just goes to show how sensitive our nervous systems are. 

Sending hugs🤗

Carmie

Hi everyone, 

Please go to success stories n read brassmonkey’s latest post on fear. It’s brilliant! His story is right on the top of the success stories forum. 

Sending hugs to all🤗🤗

ChessieCat

Here's the link to We Have Nothing to Fear, But Fear Itself

Rabe
27 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Please go to success stories n read brassmonkey’s latest post on fear. It’s brilliant! His story is right on the top of the success stories forum. 

Thank you for that Carmie...I need to read that...SO happy to hear things are better!!  SOOOO happy!!!💜

Carmie

Thank you soooo much for the link  @ChessieCat

It really is much appreciated. I don’t know how to do links on my tablet n I’m not all that computer minded but you are an expert so I’m glad to have you on my tag team💚

Hello one n all, 

I hope you’re finding good distractions to get you through withdrawals. I’ve got my headphones on at the moment n am cranking up the music. I don’t use head phones a lot as I don’t want to get tinnitus but I’m in the mood this evening. Usually I just crank up the music and connect it to my flashing speaker that pulsate lights according to the beat of the music. Love all the pretty colours. 

Catching up with friends tomorrow morning. I’m in windows pretty much now but I’m really sick because of my illness but my friends always perk me up. I need to catch up with friends tomorrow no matter how I’m feeling. 

Still deciding when to cross taper back to my tablets. I’ve had a horrendous three months of mainly waves. Windows have come again now though, yay! Can’t wait to get back to the original tablets again. I think brassmonkey was very wise in saying to use the original tablets. Sometimes that’s not possible though with certain meds n people have successfully tapered off compounded capsules too. 

Hang in there everyone, it’s back to cranking up the music n I’ve just listened to Word Crimes by Weird Al Yankovich about three times now. It makes me laugh😂. I’ve been listening to a million Richard Marx songs too since the concert on Sunday too. 

Hope you find things that make you laugh too💚💚😍

Edited by Carmie
Grammatical error😂

Carmie
26 minutes ago, Rabe said:

Thank you for that Carmie...I need to read that...SO happy to hear things are better!!  SOOOO happy!!!💜

You’re welcome Rabe, 

I think brassmonkey writes some of the most amazing posts I’ve read. He’s really got withdrawals down pat. 

I don’t know what’s happening to me tonight but I’ve got the giggles again. I think it’s time to get back to cranking up my music.

Sending hugs🤗

Edited by Carmie
Added a word. Can’t think brain fog😃

Carmie

Okay everyone, 

Please DO NOT check out these YouTube videos if you are easily triggered but I really think that the doctors n pharmaceutical companies should check out Lucinda Meyer on YouTube. I’ve been following her n she blogs the struggle she’s been going through because of being cold turkeyed off meds. She’s gone through hell for about two years or so now n documents it. Her akathisia is so severe. 

It breaks my heart because akathisia just wants to make you not want to live anymore. 

It is quite upsetting watching her videos as she gets severe akathisia. She is such an amazing person as she keeps on going despite the fact she feels she can’t go on anymore. She’s an inspiration to me. 

I admire her so much for keeping on going. Such an inspiration. Again, PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEOS if you are easily triggered. 

Sending hugs🤗

Songbird

Very happy to hear of your good window, Carmie.

Miracle123
5 hours ago, Carmie said:

Thanks my sweetheart for that info. i will look into it...Im so happy you finally got a good window now.🌞😍

Sunnyday

Hi Carmie, really happy to see you're finally getting some windows. You really deserve it, and after such a long time period of only waves. Like Brassmonkey mentioned in his post a positive attitude really does help and that's very apparent in your case, I think. It even helps the people around you I would say. Your sense of humour on top of that is amazing. It's one of the things I've tried to hold onto the whole time, but it can be difficult at times of course.

I'm really sorry to hear about your depersonalization too, I can only imagine what it's like having it all the time. I've had it for a couple of hours at most and it is horrible and scary. 

Going to concerts and similar fun events like you're doing I think is so important. It really raises one's spirits and is one of those things that makes life feel worth living. 

Hugs to you!

Carmie

Just documenting that I’m still pretty much mainly in windows now. Brain fog is severe from my illness though so cant read hardly anything.

Caught up with friends this morning. One of my friends has a relative in a symphony orchestra n said sometimes when there are a few tickets left for an event they get $20 tickets. Woohoo! Bargain! They said next time they will let me know n I can join them. I’m in! I don’t listen to much classical music but going to a live symphony will be incredible. You don’t know if there are tickets left until the day before. I’m all for spontaneity.

I did see Andre Rieu in concert. That was amazing! I love Bolero n listening to that live is so moving. Music is amazing when going through withdrawals. It still makes me sad when I hear people not being able to enjoy it due to noise sensitivity.

I’m in bed now as I have no strength but I’m in good spirits as had a lovely time with friends. Hoping to visit another friend in the morning. My friends certainly keep me going. I really appreciate them so much. 

Sending hugs to all🤗

Rabe

So happy for the windows Carmie!!!  Woo Hoo!💜

Carmie

Just want to say briefly if you need something to cheer you up go to YouTube n start watching Flashmobs. I’m stuck in bed at the moment n I can barely think or move but Flashhmobs are making me smile. I’d love to see one in real life! Take care💚

neroli

Hello Carmie

Good to hear you are having windows.  Even though you are stuck in bed and have brain fog, it's great that you can enjoy some windows at the moment.  May there be more and more.

I'll check out Brassmonkey's post on fear at some point.  Thank you for bringing that up.

Best wishes

Neroli 💜

PS I've watched Lucinda Meyer videos - she has mighty strength that woman.

Dejavu

Hi Carmie - hope your weekend was a good one. Just sending you the good vibe.

Carmie

Thanks for your messages @Sunnyday @Rabe @Miracle123 @Songbird @neroli @Dejavu

Hope you are all coping the best you can. I’ve kind of gone into a crash with my CFS and I’m not very functional at the moment, physically or cognitively. Will get back to you all when I’m able. 

I’m sure the stress of being in mainly waves for three months has contributed to this. I’m still in a window now but a lot of the CFS symptoms I have are the same as what people get in withdrawals. My battery is always almost running on empty, but when I’m in a crash I have used up that little bit of battery I had. Stress can cause this, too much activity ( physical or mental) or sometimes nothing at all. 

Take care everyone,💚

Rabe

Hi Carmie..I am so sorry you have been dealing with this!!!  I think about you so much!  You are so strong and the things that you do inspite of it is incredible!!  Blessings to you Carmie!  I thought of you when I hauled out my needlepoint!!! :) You inspired me...to distract!!!! And it has been good.....thank you so very very much!!  HUGS!!! 💜

Miracle123

Hi Carmie, im so sorry to hear that you hit by terrible CFS again.....im know its not easy and frustrated.  You always got your own way to keep going through and do alots distraction. Even you are now hit by hard waves ......you always coming back to helps others here. Eat healthy and take more rest, keep yourself busy with your flavourite artwork,music,photo or everything to distract your discomfort. Im believe you will get well sooner and more good windows. Take care. Sending my sunshine and big big hugs from me.🌞

neroli

Hello Carmie

Here's hoping your battery gets charged soon and you can get by looking after yourself.

Warm wishes

Neroli 💜

Songbird

Rest up and recharge your battery.  (((HUGS)))