Carmie

Carmie: accidently doubling up on seroquel one day while tapering

Carmie

Hi @Rabe

I’ve been water titrating for years, so there was no change over in that regard. Hope all goes well with your continued tapering 💚

Bee5

Thanks for explaining the difference between the capsules and tablets, and the compounding accuracy. This sounds like so much hard work, the simultaneous titrations. Thinking of you.

Carmie
24 minutes ago, Bee5 said:

Thanks for explaining the difference between the capsules and tablets, and the compounding accuracy. This sounds like so much hard work, the simultaneous titrations. Thinking of you.

Thanks so much Bee, 

I can do this.The calculations are correct. I just need the brain power to not make mistakes every night because I have to make up two different formulas.

I can do this! Can’t wait until I’m just water titrating the original tablets. Sending hugs🤗

Carmie

Okay, am I allowed a rant? 

I’m so ill with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and now for at least three weeks I have to cross taper. I have to make two different water titrations every night and make sure I don’t mess them up. The calculations are correct, I just have to make sure I don’t mix them up. My brain fog gets so severe I don’t know what is up and what is down. 

Can’t wait until I’m only having to do one formula. 

I’m extremely positive by nature, but tonight I feel like crying. It’s not just the withdrawals, I have lots of other things happening in my life which I won’t discuss here. I love encouraging others, but sometimes I’m just hanging on myself by the end of a string. 

Wishing everyone the best with their tapering. I’m so very sorry you are all going through this💚💚💚💚

Carmie

P.s.Okay, now I’ve got tears streaming down my face. Bye for now, have to get off my iPad. 

Carmie

P.s.s. 

Okay got through night two of crosstapering. I wrote down each step as I did it so I didn’t get confused. I struggle with my brain. 

Add 20ml of water to the 7.5mg compounded capsule and take 15ml.

Crush the 25mg tablet and add 20ml of water, and take 1.5ml. 

Phew! Another night done. Not long after I take my meds I always get tingling in my body. It’s not just the withdrawals that cause symptoms. The meds themselves cause symptoms.

Good night everyone 😴😴😴💚

Miracle123
2 hours ago, Carmie said:

Phew! Another night done. Not long after I take my meds I always get tingling in my body. It’s not just the withdrawals that cause symptoms. The meds themselves cause symptoms.

Hi Carmie, 

Medicine will caused symptoms, each drop will made our body got bad reaction or discomfort. Keep it up, my dear....im believe you can hold until your body stabilise with this cross taper. Believe yourself and listening to your body. Take good care and a lots love from me❤️🤗Goodnite .......

direstraits

Hi @Carmie

I'm so sorry you have to deal with all this...it's so unfair.you're such a kind soul.

think about the great time you had at the water park...it will get better again,hang in there.

thanks for all your kind words on my thread...I really appreciate it.😊

big hugs and healing,ds

🤗🤗🤗

ps if anyone deserves a rant it's you! ❤️

Rabe

Oh Carmie....I don't know how you deal with it all...you are so incredibly amazing!!!  Your tears have brought on mine I feel for you so!!!!  😢 But I also know you will get through this...when I think of all you haev done and all you do I know you will.  Im surprised you don't have a few more tears than this now and then!!  Just holding you in my thoughts and heart Carmie and sending lots of love and lots of hugs your way!!!  💜

eymen23

Carmie!

I’m so sorry to see you’ve been struggling. You are an incredibly positive person, and I’m sure that’s picked up by everybody on here (it certainly registers with me).

I can imagine the double mixture is frustrating. A couple of days ago I had rotten luck shaving down my pills and kept shaving too much off. I nearly pummelled my scales and threw the antidepressants in the bin. It won’t be long until you’re on the other side of this cross taper, and one day you’ll be free of this process entirely.

Stay strong!  

💖

Out2C8383

Cheers for smooth Night Two. - C 😎

Carmie

Hi @Miracle123 @direstraits  @Rabe @eymen23 @Out2C8383

Thanks for all your lovely messages, much appreciated. Yes, I’ll certainly be glad once this crosstaper is over. Party time!🎉🎉🎉😆 Well, tonight will be night three of the 3/4 old formula and the 1/4 new formula. I’m going to do this for at least a week as I still have plenty of capsules. I’m doing it really slowly. Then after a week it’s half of the old and half of the new formula for a week. 

So far withdrawals haven’t been too bad. We will see what each day brings as there’s nothing linear about this journey WHATSOEVER!! I can’t describe how I’m feeling today, I’m kind of anhedonic, but at the same time I’m feeling emotionally fragile. Boy, all these weird chemically induced things happening. We won’t know ourselves when we start feeling just regular emotions.

I spent most of the day in bed, but then mid afternoon I hopped on a bus and went to the shops. I had to run a few errands. It was nice to get out and about, but my head was in lala land. Cognition is bad today. Where am I? Who am I? What am I doing?🤣

It was so funny, in one of the shops they were playing American Pie, but instead of singing along to the original song I was singing the Weird Al Yankovich Star Wars parody The Saga Begins because I’ve played it so much: 

“My, my, this here Anakin guy, may be Vader someday later, now he’s just a small fry. He left his home n kissed his mummy good bye, saying soon I’m gonna be a Jedi.”😁 I’ve listened to that a million times. Must be time to do a Star Wars marathon some time in the future. 

Take care everyone, sending lots of hugs🤗🤗🤗🤗

neroli

Hello Carmie

Glad to hear that cross-tapering is going ok so far.  Won't it be lovely when you've done the cross and you have only one titration to handle?

Thank you for your kind message on my thread yesterday.  Lovely to get that.

love and best wishes

Neroli 💜

Carmie
2 hours ago, neroli said:

Hello Carmie

Glad to hear that cross-tapering is going ok so far.  Won't it be lovely when you've done the cross and you have only one titration to handle?

Thank you for your kind message on my thread yesterday.  Lovely to get that.

love and best wishes

Neroli 💜

Hi Neroli, 

Thanks for dropping by, much appreciated. Yes, withdrawals haven’t been too bad so far from crosstapering. Let’s see what the next three weeks of cross tapering bring. Yes, I’ll be so glad once I just have to water titrate one formula. Definitely party time! Yay!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉

I was so overwhelmed last night as I have to do two different water titration formulas when I’m already struggling to even think straight because of my illness. Well, night three tonight. Another four and then it’s half/half formula for a week. I will get there. 

I’m going to be extremely happy when I finally start moving forward once I’ve stabilised from this crosstaper, and only one formulation to make up. Yay!!

Hope you’re hanging in there too Neroli💚

Carmie

Just documenting: 

Yay! Managed to correctly water titrate two different water titrations again tonight for my crosstaper. Day three. Was bawling my eyes out last night as I was really struggling to think. Okay, three nights down, four to go, and then it’s onto the half and half formula for a week next. The days do go by. I really can’t wait until I’m only having to water titrate one formula. 

People not going through withdrawals will probably think what on earth is the big deal, but when my brain isn’t working due to severe cognitive disfunction because of my illness, plus neuro emotions from withdrawals trying to get things right isn’t all that easy. 

Good night from Aussie Land everyone 😴😴😴😴😴💚

Edited by Carmie
Removed white space

neroli
7 hours ago, Carmie said:

People not going through withdrawals will probably think what on earth is the big deal, but when my brain isn’t working due to severe cognitive disfunction because of my illness, plus neuro emotions from withdrawals trying to get things right isn’t all that easy. 

oh, I understand completely, Carmie.  Even without CFS it takes me a lot of brain power to work out changes and keep making up doses.

Great that you are feeling no ill effects.

Neroli 💜

RusTW

Sorry you were sad last night Carmie.hope your felling better.

Russ

Gracee

Hello Carmie, I just found your thread.   You have been so kind and caring in welcoming me over the past few days, I wanted to learn a little about you.   Here you are suffering right along with the rest of us, sharing similar experiences.  I am realizing none of us is really unique in this journey to find relief from AD dependence.  We all feel pain, sadness, really horrible days and occasional good days.   Thank you for being here and for being so welcoming, caring and helpful to newbies like me, all the while dealing with your own struggles.

Huggs,

Gracee

Rosetta

Thanks for stopping by my thread.  I hope the crossover goes well.  Take care, R

Carmie

Hi @neroli @RusTW @Gracee @Rosetta

Thanks so much for dropping by, and for your lovely messages of encouragement. Well, I’m still doing okay withdrawal wise since night three last night of the crosstaper. Just taking a day at a time. Let’s see what the rest of the crosstaper goes like. You can say nothing with certainty in this journey, so all we can do is take each hour as it comes.

I really have to say though, do not make changes to different formulas without cross tapering. When I originally went to the compounding formula from the tablet it was horrific. That first night the akathisia was so bad I was crawling out of my skin. This time, though, going back to the tablet whilst doing the crosstaper nothing too bad has happened so far, and certainly no extra withdrawal symptoms on the first night of the crosstaper.

It took me over three months to stabilise when I changed formula without crosstapering. Shame I didn’t know about crosstapering back then. I did accidentally double dose one night though, so that wouldn’t have helped either. 

Let’s see how the rest of the crosstaper goes. If I do end up in waves I’m sure it won’t take over three months to stabilise this time. If I come out of these three weeks of crosstapering without going through severe waves I will still hold for a while when I come through the other end, just in case. Changes we make can catch up with us later on. Better safe than sorry. 

Take care everyone💚

Rabe

Well YAY!!!!  SO happy to hear things continue to go well, Carmie!!  And its amazing you are Einstein with these numbers even with you rWD and CFS!!  You are so amazing!!  Hope things continue to go well, Carmie...I think they will!💜

Carmie
2 hours ago, Rabe said:

Well YAY!!!!  SO happy to hear things continue to go well, Carmie!!  And its amazing you are Einstein with these numbers even with you rWD and CFS!!  You are so amazing!!  Hope things continue to go well, Carmie...I think they will!💜

Hi Rabe, 

Thanks for your kind message. I’m definitely no Einstein though, took me forever to figure out the math, and then to be on the safe side I asked brassmonkey to double check my math. How about that though, I got it right! 😁 miracles still happen!

I had a good laugh on this site this morning when I tried to say to someone that I’m a photoholic, and autocorrect changed it to pothole!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Take care💚

Rabe

Pothole from photoholic???  Thats IS hysterical!!!  Love that Carmie!!😂 Hugs back at you!!💜

Miracle123

Hi Carmie, Thanks for your caring message. im so happy to hear that your crosstaper continue to go well for you. Thats was great and awesome.

Wishing you everything going well and smooth....Hugs❤️🤗

Carmie
44 minutes ago, Rabe said:

Pothole from photoholic???  Thats IS hysterical!!!  Love that Carmie!!😂 Hugs back at you!!💜

43 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Hi Carmie, Thanks for your caring message. im so happy to hear that your crosstaper continue to go well for you. Thats was great and awesome.

Wishing you everything going well and smooth....Hugs❤️🤗

Hi guys, 

Thanks for popping by and all the hugs. Yes, I’m hoping the crosstaper will continue to go smoothly. So far, so good withdrawal wise, though I couldn’t stop bawling the other night as it was too overwhelming to make two water titrations every night and not get them muddled up with the way my brain is. I think I’m back to some kind of equilibrium emotionally though. 

I know Rabe, autocorrect is HILARIOUS!! It makes me laugh all the time. How do you get pothole from photoholic??? Autocorrect was telling me I’m a 🕳 instead of a 📸📸📸📸. I was laughing out loud. 

It’s good to laugh, sending hugs to both of you. You both really are such shining lights on this site. Keep spreading your sunshine☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️💚

Rabe

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wonderful emojis!!!  That pothole!!😂 Take care!! 💜

Carmie

Okay everyone, 

I just wanted to say first of all, I am truly sorry you are going through this. It really is the hardest fight of our lives. 

My brain is fizzling now so I have to leave this site in a moment, but I just wanted to say if you are changing formulas, whether it’s from tablets to liquid, or tablet to compounded formula pleeeeeease crosstaper. I learnt the hard way last time. 

Also, if you can stick with the original tablet and water titrate it or use a scale to get to the lower doses, pleeease do that. Brassmonkey brought this wisdom to me and that’s why I’m crosstapering back to water titrating my original tablet. The original formula is always the most accurate. 

That being said, I don’t want to scare anyone that is on compounding formulas because they have no other choice. Many have also gotten off their meds this way as well. If you do have a choice though please stick to your original formula as it’s more consistent.

Again, I’m so sorry you are all going through this, sending a million hugs🤗🤗🤗🤗

57 minutes ago, Rabe said:

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE your wonderful emojis!!!  That pothole!!😂 Take care!! 💜

I know Rabe, I love emojis so much, 

I’m such a big kid at heart! I’m never going to grow up, I’m Willy Wonka!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣💚

Carmie

Just popping in briefly to say brain dead Carmie has to make another two different water titrations now, 

Here goes.🙄 Okay, I can do this, night four of the first part of the crosstaper. Brain, please come down to planet earth so I can do this🌏 ( did you notice I used the emoji with Australia in it 😊

Still no major withdrawals from the crosstaper. Let’s see what tomorrow brings. 

Okay, let’s see if I can do this without mistakes. I’ll write down each step I take. I really, really, really can’t wait until I’m just water titrating one formula. Again, this would be no big deal whatsoever with someone whose brain is clear, but when brain fog is severe it can be overwhelming. I’m happy though I’ve made no mistakes the last three nights.Yay!! Let’s keep this up!

Okay here goes, I can do this😬. Sending hugs🤗🤗

Carmie

P.s. I did it! Night four. Jump for joy!!!🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

Good night everyone 😴😴😴💚

Miracle123
21 minutes ago, Carmie said:

P.s. I did it! Night four. Jump for joy!!!🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♂️

Good night everyone 😴😴😴💚

Keep it up....my dear, you can do it and get through this.......im believe it , you are such amazing and wonderful person.

Goodnite......have a sweet dream......❤️❤️

Carmie

P.s.s. Okay, I’m on a roll again. I do tend to do this every now and again. I’ll be going to bed soon, but I just wanted to say that my heart goes out to each and every one of you. This really well and truly is one of the worst journeys we will ever go through. 

At the moment I’m in a window and I’m okay, but I’m extremely sick with my illness and spend a lot of time in bed. I’m hoping my crosstaper continues to go smoothly, but there are no guarantees in this journey. So far it’s okay. Yay! 

There are so many things that keep me going in this journey, my Creator, my friends, my hobbies, music, nature and all the beautiful creation around us, and the list goes on. I hope you all have things to hang onto that keep you going. 

Got some beautiful messages from friends today, I am so privileged to have the most amazing friends, it doesn’t matter what I’ve gone through, or what I go through, they stick to me like glue. It warms my heart so much, I love them all to bits. 

Got a message today from a friend that wants to go with me to Australia Zoo this month. I looooooove Australia Zoo! I’d move in if I could😁. Can you tell I’m a major nature freak! I’ve been to Australia Zoo so many times, must be time to go again though. Can’t wait to see the meerkats again, aren’t they the cutest things ever! The Irwins are so down to earth. Great family. 

Another friend wanted me to visit her up the Coast while she’s at her parent’s place, but I just don’t have the strength to get up there at the moment, I’d have to catch a train. I loooooooooove trains though, my favourite mode of transport. I can’t cope at the moment interacting with a ton of people as the CFS is bad. I can’t think straight to have lots of conversations, though I love people and I don’t feel panicky whatsoever around them.  It’s just a bit too draining at the moment with limited energy.I will go up there one day though. 

One thing I’m grateful for is that I don’t have social phobia, and I’ve never had panic attacks. I’m so sorry if you suffer from these things.. I’m quite an extrovert and I’m comfortable in all situations. 

Okay, my brain is fizzling now, and it’s time for lights out soon. Please find things that help you endure this journey 💚💚💚

31 minutes ago, Miracle123 said:

Keep it up....my dear, you can do it and get through this.......im believe it , you are such amazing and wonderful person.

Goodnite......have a sweet dream......❤️❤️

Hi sweetheart, 

Thanks for your confidence in me. You are precious. I hope you have sweet dreams too💚💚💚

Edited by Carmie
Got rid of white space. I do this ALL the time🤣🤣

neroli

Hello Carmie

Great news, you're managing your double water titrations.  Good going, cobber.

Pleased that you've got such wonderful friends - makes a real difference.  I love the way you can find things to be grateful for, it's good for us all to hear that - keeps us going, too.

Keep cool, must be boiling up your way.

Neroli 💜

Rabe
13 hours ago, Carmie said:

Got some beautiful messages from friends today, I am so privileged to have the most amazing friends, it doesn’t matter what I’ve gone through, or what I go through, they stick to me like glue. It warms my heart so much, I love them all to bits. 

You are truly blessed Carmie to have such lovely supportive, unconditionally loving friends...but then they are very lucky to have a friend such as you in return!  

13 hours ago, Carmie said:

One thing I’m grateful for is that I don’t have social phobia, and I’ve never had panic attacks. I’m so sorry if you suffer from these things.. I’m quite an extrovert and I’m comfortable in all situations. 

This is a blessing as well...especially with all your friends and trips and water parks etc.  You RE WIlly Wonka and I love it!!

Take care Carmie!  Hope you are feeling better with the CFS soon!  Hugs to you!💜

Carmie

Hi @neroli @Rabe

Thanks for dropping by. Hope you both got through yet another day okay. Well tonight is night five of the first part of the crosstaper. Time does keep rolling on, before I know it I’ll be back to the original tablet. Another two nights after tonight and I’ll go to the next step, half of the old and half of the new formula.

Well, I spent most of the morning in bed, but spent the afternoon with friends. One of my friends wants to take me to a chemist to try foundation next week. Makeup and girly time! I’m just a slap on the nude by nature mineral powder when I feel like it kind of gal. I don’t really wear any other makeup. I have been breaking out though because of the histamine factor with my meds. I’ve been slack with the low histamine diet, but I will have to start that again. I have no problems sticking to diets when I decide that’s what I want to do. I was on the autoimmune protocol diet for years, it’s stricter than paleo. Just had other more important things to give attention to at the moment.

Got my niece’s wedding in a couple of months. It’s at Byron Bay. I looooove Byron Bay!😍🌊🏝️ We’ll be staying for the weekend I think. It’s cocktail attire, I’ve got to go and get myself a dress. I hate trying on clothes!☹️ Looking forward to going to the wedding though, and partying afterwards. 💃💃💃

Was invited to a party tonight, but I didn’t have the strength to go. I had fun at the last one there though. One of my friends plays the guitar, and we were singing Beatles song. I wouldn’t actually call what I do singing.🤣 That doesn’t stop me though! I sound like a wounded animal! 

Anyway, sending hugs your way🤗🤗

Carmie

Okay, my brain is definitely leaving the building now. I didn’t start off with a lot of brain power today, but even that small amount is fizzling now.

Tonight will be night six of the first part of my crosstaper. I’m hoping to do the first part for seven days, but if the withdrawals ramp up I will do it for ten days as I have enough of the old compounded capsules to do that. My nervous system seemed to ramp up quite a bit today for a few hours, though it has seemed to settle a bit again now. 

I just want to say to everyone on this site pleeeeease listen to your body. Thank you to everyone who has responded to my messages on their threads. I will get back to you when I’m able. 

Wishing everyone the best in their recovery 💚💚💚💚💚

Carmie

Just documenting: Tonight will be night seven of the first part of the crosstaper. So far withdrawal wise I’m not too bad. Was going to start the second part of the crosstaper tomorrow night but I might be going to Australia Zoo some time this week so I’m holding off until after that, just in case it ramps up my symptoms.

I don’t have much cognitive ability this morning. Where are you brain??? I’m spending this morning with a friend, going out for a cuppa, maybe lunch. She needs her caffeine😁. I haven’t had coffee in over thirty years, no caffeine cravings there. I love the smell of it though when you walk past a coffee shop. Looking forward to catching up with my friend today, it’s been a few weeks since I’ve seen her. Boy, time flies when you’re having fun! Or in our cases, even when you’re not.😁

Okay, I better do a little housework before I go out. Take care everyone 💚

Edited by Carmie
Removed white space