Carmie

Carmie: accidently doubling up on seroquel one day while tapering

JackieDecides
21 hours ago, Carmie said:

My symptoms are still ramped up, but bearable.

I'm glad things are going as well as they are, hope that continues. 🤗

Carmie
21 hours ago, JackieDecides said:

I'm glad things are going as well as they are, hope that continues. 🤗

Thanks Jackie, 

I’ve been in good spirits. The symptoms have ramped up a bit, but I’m coping okay with them. I’ve got insomnia too, it took me ages again to go to sleep last night. I just float with it, why stress over something you can’t change? I stayed away from looking at screens around 9pm or so again last night. I might start getting up at 6am in the future too, see if that helps. When I say getting up, I mean having a shower and getting dressed. I may end up in bed again, due to little strength, but I’ll do some creative projects, watch DVDs, listen to music etc etc. Brain fog has been so intense lately that I haven’t been able to read a lot, let’s see how the rest of this day panda out. 

Speaking of showers, it’s time to have one.🚿🚿🚿

Take care💚

Tom37

Hi Carmie,

Thanks for your post. No good about the symptoms ramping up a bit but what can we do....nothing other than get through them as best we can. Sometimes we make it hard for ourselves but if this was easy to deal with this community wouldn’t exist. Hope the sleeping gets better and it’s probably related to your drop and hopefully will settle down in a few days.

Take care.

Carmie
Posted (edited)

Hi @Tom37

Thanks for dropping by, Yes, we all need to keep floating through our symptoms. We can’t change them, so we just need to keep finding good distractions. I haven’t been stressing about not sleeping well, I just float through the night when I can’t sleep, like Claire Weekes says. 

I’ve stopped looking at screens at around 9pm, but I might even stop looking at them around 8pm in the future. Still deciding. I do have blue light glasses, but I have to put them on top of my prescription glasses🤓. I’ll see how my insomnia is in a week’s time, and I might even go back to acupuncture to see if that helps if I still have it.

Okay, I can’t read anymore, my brain has gone bye byes👋👋 I’ll find something else to do that doesn’t take as much brain power. 

Take care💚

Edited by Carmie
Added tag

Dejavu

Hope you have sweet dreams and wake up refreshed. You're back on the road! You've got this!!⚘

Gracee

Hi Carmie,  Stopped by here tonight because I know I'll always read something positive written by you, no matter how down you get.    It makes me glad that you are in good spirits.    You are my inspiration.   

HUGS

G.

Sunnyday

Hi Carmie, so good to hear about your tapering! That is awesome. Hopefully the symptoms will also get milder again soon. 
Have you ever tried a spike mat as a kind of acupressure? Every time I have been laying on mine in the past for ca 20-30 minutes I got drowsy and sleepy, so I could imagine it could possibly help for sleeping issues. It's just speculation though. Not sure what the price range are nowadays but maybe there are some cheaper ones on Ebay for example. Just a thought, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to that.

Take care. Hugs.

marie123

Hi Carmie. I know it has been said that you should turn off all screens and keep it nice and dark to sleep. I have been going to sleep with the television on with a nature show like Blue Planet or any of the National Geographic shows. I keep the volume on the lowest with a timer for an hour and a half. I've used it to drown out my low tinnitus. It seems to lull me into sleep. It might be worth a try.

Marie

Carmie
Posted (edited)

23 hours ago, Dejavu said:

Hope you have sweet dreams and wake up refreshed. You're back on the road! You've got this!!⚘

12 hours ago, Sunnyday said:

Hi Carmie, so good to hear about your tapering! That is awesome. Hopefully the symptoms will also get milder again soon. 
Have you ever tried a spike mat as a kind of acupressure? Every time I have been laying on mine in the past for ca 20-30 minutes I got drowsy and sleepy, so I could imagine it could possibly help for sleeping issues. It's just speculation though. Not sure what the price range are nowadays but maybe there are some cheaper ones on Ebay for example. Just a thought, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to that.

Take care. Hugs.

22 hours ago, Gracee said:

Hi Carmie,  Stopped by here tonight because I know I'll always read something positive written by you, no matter how down you get.    It makes me glad that you are in good spirits.    You are my inspiration.   

HUGS

G.

5 hours ago, marie123 said:

Hi Carmie. I know it has been said that you should turn off all screens and keep it nice and dark to sleep. I have been going to sleep with the television on with a nature show like Blue Planet or any of the National Geographic shows. I keep the volume on the lowest with a timer for an hour and a half. I've used it to drown out my low tinnitus. It seems to lull me into sleep. It might be worth a try.

Marie

Thanks everyone for popping around to my neck of the woods🌲🌲

It took me ages to fall asleep again last night, but I just floated through the night again, it’s not stressing me at all. This morning I made sure that I didn’t fall asleep again after 6am. I didn’t have the strength to have my shower straight away, but I managed it before 7am. Yay! I want to make this a habit, get my body clock used to not falling asleep after 6am again. Let’s see if it eventually helps with the insomnia. 

Sunnyday, no I’ve never heard of the acupressure mat, thanks for letting me know about it. 

Marie, I’m glad that the noise of the nature shows helps you to sleep. We all have different things that help us with certain symptoms. It’s great when we find things that work. I actually put on the sound of waves for half an hour or so yesterday evening too. Love the sound of water🌊🌊😍. I should put it on for an hour and a half like you do. 

Gracee, Thank you so very much for your kind words, I’m glad I’m able to boost your spirits. 

Dejavu, Yes, Yay!! I’m back on the road to tapering my meds. It felt good to see 7.50mg go down to 7.25mg after no movement for a year or so. In a few weeks, if I’m stable, it will go down to 7mg. 

Sending hugs to you all🤗🤗🤗🤗

Edited by Carmie
Removed white space

Rabe

You are truly an inspiration Carmie.  You sound good in spite of the sleep issues...hope they resolve soon!  Thinking about you Carmie!  Loving those Emojies and 

hearing about your projects and all.  I have to remember to get away from screens earlier.  I would like to move meds back so that I could get to bed earlier as well.  Take care! 💜

SkyBlue
On 3/16/2019 at 11:37 PM, Carmie said:

I’m actually watching the latest Murder On The Orient Express at the moment. It’s not as good as the original, but it’s still entertaining. 

Hi Carmie,

My favorite Murder on the Orient Express version is the 1974 one w/Albert Finney and the all-star cast: Lauren Bacall, Anthony Perkins, etc.

Will have to watch that one again soon. The 90s one was pretty okay. I'm just not a fan of remakes! 😂

As always, your attitude is amazing. 

Sounds like a very good plan w/eliminating screens after a certain time at night. Sometimes I will listen to shows with the computer screen off (just clicking the dim button all the way down).

Acupuncture is awesome. As I'm sure you know, it helps get the body back into parasympathetic mode (rest and relax), which we need so desperately in withdrawal.

Lots of love and hugs. ❤️

Althea

Hi Carmie,

Thanks for asking how I'm going back in January. I've now finally updated my thread. Having issues with glutamate, so it's going to be a long hold.

It was so good to read that you have been able to continue tapering and that you are staying positive despite issues with sleep. That floating through the night and not stressing, it sounds very wise way to deal with insomnia. Hopefully you get better sleep soon.

Sending hugs 🤗

Althea

Rosetta

Thanks for being there for so many people who need you, Carmie.

India
On 3/19/2019 at 4:26 AM, Gracee said:

HUGS

G.

I agree with Grace. 

Miracle123

Hi Carmie, 

You have such a great and good attitude. Hope your tapering going smooth and your withdrawals are milder.

Yes....Acupuncture really help me during difficuties and hard time....at least i can relax and calm down(trying for 3 session)Acupuncture is good for heart palpitation as well. 

You know better when you experience it.

A lots love and hugs sending to you

JackieDecides
9 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

My favorite Murder on the Orient Express version is the 1974 one w/Albert Finney and the all-star cast: Lauren Bacall, Anthony Perkins, etc.

I just saw that one on Amazon Prime!  it's beautifully done. 

Carmie

Hi @SkyBlue @Althea @Rosetta @Miracle123 @JackieDecides @Rabe

Thanks all so much for your lovely messages, I hope you’re all coping as best you can today. I’ve been in bed most of the day, but I got up every now and again to do some housework. I’ve been watching Larkrise To Candleford, I’m onto the last season now, and then it’s either Little Dorrit, Bleak House, Wives And Daughters or The Paradise. Decisions! Decisions! Decisions! I’m on a roll with the period dramas.😁 I got the latter two in the mail today, though they are on Netflix here in Australia too. 

Skyblue and JackieDecides, I love the 1974 version of Murder On The Orient Express too, I’ve got it on DVD. It’s much better than the latest one, though I still found it entertaining.🚂

Let’s see if the tomorrow will be a day mainly in bed🛏, I just take each moment as it comes. My bedroom is so cheery with all the artwork, fairy lights etc. I’m quite happy in there. Best of all, there is air conditioning in there❄️❄️, and of course my millions of DVDs.🎞🎞🎞

It didn’t take me as long to fall asleep last night, I must have fallen asleep some time before midnight. I woke up a few times during the night though, and then fell back asleep. This morning was day two that I decided not to sleep after 6am. I really want to make that a habit, get my body into some kind of routine. Managed to get up the strength to hop into the shower before 7am again too. 🚿

There are many habits I want to incorporate into my life, but it’s best to start with one thing, make it a habit, then add something else. If you decide to add too many habits into your life at once you end up not sticking to anything, as you feel too overwhelmed. 

Take care everyone, and thanks again for popping around💚💚💚

Carmie

Not sleeping after 6am and no screens after 8.30pm seems to be helping a bit with my insomnia the last couple of days. I fell asleep before midnight last night and the night before. I did wake up a few times during the night, but I always fell asleep again pretty much straight away. 

I wonder how the rebound insomnia will be once I’m off Seroquel? That’s the million dollar question. Not worrying about that now though, just taking a day at a time. I didn’t stress on the nights I barely slept, I just floated with the symptoms. Stressing wouldn’t have helped me sleep better. 

Hope everyone is getting some sleep😴😴💚

hollie

I'm sure liking your period drama suggestions Carmie!  I have CFS too.  I listen to audio books since reading takes too much out of me.  I get them at Audible or download from the library.

I'm taking ambien still so my insomnia hasn't been too much a problem yet, sometimes I take an extra tab.

Carmie

Thanks for dropping by @hollie

So you love period dramas too? I’m glad you like my suggestions. I’m on the last disc now of Larkrise To Candleford, the last season only has two discs. That’s great that you listen to audio books. With the brain fog, sometimes it’s really hard to read, isn’t it? 

I was very happy to read that you are now using a proper syringe, no more hit and miss. Yay!  Take care, sending hugs🤗

JackieDecides
On 3/21/2019 at 2:23 AM, Carmie said:

This morning was day two that I decided not to sleep after 6am. I really want to make that a habit, get my body into some kind of routine.

I think this is important but it isn't the hard part for me since I can't sleep "late" anyway. 

for me, the hardest thing about insomnia is you are supposed to get out of bed and stopping "trying" to sleep (and being able to sleep is sort of the opposite of "trying" it's more NOT trying) after a short period of time. when it's dark and cold and I'm tired it's very hard to get out of bed! 

but I think you are doing really well with the issue, Carmie! 😍

RusTW

Hi Carmie I'm curious about the Seroquel also coming off of it. Does it still hit you pretty hard when you take it can you feel it. At 37 mg down from 300 it completely wipes me out at night time. I hope I can continue to have this effect from it until I come off but I'm curious like you what happens after 0

hollie

Carmie, yes with CFS  listening instead of reading books helps.  All the active eye movement with reading does put a strain on me.  There is something quite nice about being read to...

The dropper that comes with the liquid suspension doxepin is enough for 40 mg/ml, once I got down to less than 10 mg it became very hard to measure since bubbles came up from the bottom of dropper, it's just too big.  So all I could do was eyeball the amount and it was often wrong.  If I took too much I'd sleep great a few days later, too little and I'd be woken up from heart palpitations and think "am I going to stroke now or have a heart attack".  And during the day I could get a rush of "speed", like I took methadrine and almost pass out on stairs. 

So now that I have the correct syringe which my doctor figured out since mg do not usually equal ml, it is much more precise.  It is totally filled at 10 mgs so really good for tapering.

I was really scared from the heart palps at first then did a lot of reading on this site to find out many people have them and seem to just ignore them, so that is what I'm trying to do. 

For me the quality of sleep I get really depends on how early I got up and I tend to sleep late so that does not help me. 

Yes, I love period dramas.  I loved the book Middlemarch but don't think I've seen the drama.  I love just about everything on Masterpiece theater and am always looking around for more.  I also love mysteries, I'm watching Vera right now.  I loved the Amazon Prime series The Jury.  So yeah, keep on telling us what you liked.

Carmie

Hi @JackieDecides @RusTW @hollie

Thanks for popping around, brain fog is bad today and I can’t read a lot. I fell asleep before midnight again last night, but I woke up in the night with akathisia and it took a while to fall asleep again. I’ve had akathisia for quite a bit of the day too, it comes and goes. Today will be day 15 of my taper. 

JackieDecides, yes I’m sure when it’s cold and dark it would be hard to get out of bed, and trying to stay awake when you want to fall back asleep. It’s light early here in Queensland at the moment.  ☀️☀️☀️

I’ve actually spent most of the day in bed as I’ve had little energy. I do get up at around 6am or so now and have a shower and get dressed. If I end up back on my bed I do some arts and crafts, or watch DVDs etc. If I don’t have the strength to have a shower straight away that’s okay too, but I do get dressed. It’s helping with the sleep. I’m not sure if the insomnia was actually caused by the withdrawals, or if it’s because of other stresses I’m going through at the moment. It might be one or the other, or both. 

Rus, I don’t think the Seroquel hits me as hard as it does you for sleep, but it does make me sleep. The last week or so I’ve had some problems with insomnia, but I’m not sure if it’s withdrawals or something else, as I mentioned above. I don’t know what will happen when we finally get to the teeny tiny doses, and then jump off. I just take each day as it comes. A lot of the time after I take the Seroquel at night by body starts tingling and buzzing. 

Hollie,  I really think it’s a great idea listening to books. I’ve done it before too. I seem to be watching more DVDs than anything else lately. Just finished my last show, now I’ve got to decide which one to watch next tomorrow. 🎞🎞 Decidions! Decisions! So many good choices.😄

Yes, the heart palpitations would certainly have been extremely scary. Quite a few people have been worried about them too. I always suggest if they are worried to have it checked out, but once nothing is found, it’s more than likely withdrawals. The withdrawals symptoms we can get can be so weird, unless you know what you expect you would never even think that some of the symptoms we get would have anything to do with the. Everything is connected to our CNS though, so any part of our body can be affected. 

Well I hope you are all coping as best you can, I’m going off screen now, I’m getting into the habit of not looking at any screens after around 8.30pm. 📺 ( I don’t see any iPad emojis🤣🤣). 

Sending hugs to you all🤗🤗🤗

Carmie

Slept really well last night, and didn’t wake up with akathisia. Yay!!!  I love the getting up at 6am now, though sometimes it’s hard to open my eyes straight away. They seemed to be glued together this morning. My naughty puddy tat woke me up at around 5am as she wanted food😼😸🍽. Well, it’s a million times better being woken up by a pet, than being woken up by akathisia! Okay, time to hop in the shower 🚿 before 7am, I have a little strength. One, two, three, here I go. 

Hope everyone is coping as best they can in this journey💚

bheb
19 minutes ago, Carmie said:

Well, it’s a million times better being woken up by a pet, than being woken up by akathisia!

Very true! I missed where you had some flareups of akathisia, but glad to see now it's settling and not constant. 

puthappinessfirst
2 hours ago, Carmie said:

Slept really well last night, and didn’t wake up with akathisia. Yay!!!  I love the getting up at 6am now, though sometimes it’s hard to open my eyes straight away. They seemed to be glued together this morning. My naughty puddy tat woke me up at around 5am as she wanted food😼😸🍽. Well, it’s a million times better being woken up by a pet, than being woken up by akathisia! Okay, time to hop in the shower 🚿 before 7am, I have a little strength. One, two, three, here I go. 

Hope everyone is coping as best they can in this journey💚

Doing a happy dance for you, darling! ❤️ 

It is SO much better being woken up by a pet than by akathisia. Hoping today continues to be beautiful for you.

PerAsperaAdAstra

Just dropped by in your topic Carmie to read how you are faring! 

Hope your puddy tat is keeping an eye on you :)

bubbles
4 hours ago, Carmie said:

Slept really well last night, and didn’t wake up with akathisia.

Glad to hear you slept well - a good night's sleep can make such a difference. Has the weather changed where you are? We had our first cool night and I slept well too.

neroli

Hello Carmie

Popping by to say hello.  Good to hear that you didn't have the akathisia wake-up and slept better.  It would be lovely for you to get decent sleep consistently.

As ever, you seem to be floating with whatever comes up - though I know there must be some hard times in there.  Thank you for your optimism, though.

Take care and sending hugs over the ditch

Neroli xxxx 💜

Carmie
10 hours ago, bheb said:

Very true! I missed where you had some flareups of akathisia, but glad to see now it's settling and not constant. 

8 hours ago, puthappinessfirst said:

Doing a happy dance for you, darling! ❤️ 

It is SO much better being woken up by a pet than by akathisia. Hoping today continues to be beautiful for you.

8 hours ago, PerAsperaAdAstra said:

Just dropped by in your topic Carmie to read how you are faring! 

Hope your puddy tat is keeping an eye on you :)

6 hours ago, bubbles said:

Glad to hear you slept well - a good night's sleep can make such a difference. Has the weather changed where you are? We had our first cool night and I slept well too.

1 hour ago, neroli said:

Hello Carmie

Popping by to say hello.  Good to hear that you didn't have the akathisia wake-up and slept better.  It would be lovely for you to get decent sleep consistently.

As ever, you seem to be floating with whatever comes up - though I know there must be some hard times in there.  Thank you for your optimism, though.

Take care and sending hugs over the ditch

Neroli xxxx 💜

Thanks for dropping by everyone, 

Hope you all managed to cope okay today. I’ve been in bed most of the day, but I did manage to go out and do some grocery shopping and a bit of housework. It’s really warm here, so I’m so glad I have aircon in the bedroom. 

I’ve been watching Poldark season four, as I just got it on DVD. I have a line up of so many DVD’s to watch now. I just ordered Dr Thorne too. My period dramas are mounting up. 

Bheb, I’ve had akathisia twice since my last taper. I only tapered by just over 3%. It really goes to show how potent these meds are. 

Thanks for the happy dance Happiness. 💃 I love having a dance when I have a little energy. I didn’t have much strength the last concert I went to so I sat down for most of it, but I got up every now and again for a dance. 

PerAsperaAdAstra, my puddy tat has been lying on the bed with me enjoying the aircon for some of the day. She’s in the loungeroom now crazy girl, it’s too warm out there. 

Bubbles and Neroli, yes, it’s certainly great getting a good night’s sleep.🛏 I still wake up exhausted though because of my illness, but it’s worse if I don’t sleep. Yes, I’m all about floating through whatever symptoms I have, I just keep finding different distractions. I’ve been making bookmarks again today too. Once I’ve finished those I’ll start another craft project. I’ve still got two diamond paintings to do too.

I’ve been trying to eat more low histamine foods the last few days too. I started doing that a while ago but then stopped, I’m starting again. Because the Seroquel affects histamine my face gets itchy and breaks out. I’m in my fifties, I don’t want to look like a teenager.🤣🤣 Wait a minute, being a teenager would be great.😜😂

Take care, sending hugs 🤗💚

Rabe

Thinking about you Carmie! 💜

Rosetta

Hi Carmie, 

Good job today.  Glad you have a puddly tat to keep you company.

Rosetta

DogLover

Hi Carmie,

While reading your post, I looked outside and saw the most beautiful vivid rainbow. I'm looking at it right now wondering if a pot of recovery is at the end!

Carmie

Hi @Rabe @Rosetta @DogLover

Hope you’ve all managed to get through yet another day. My brain fog has been bad today, and I haven’t been able to read much. Being watching DVDs in bed all day. Finished watching Poldark season four, so now it’s onto something else tomorrow.

Slept well again last night, though I woke up a couple of times. My circadium rhythms seem to be going back to normal after I stopped looking at screens a couple of hours before bedtime, and getting up at 6am every morning. 

Going to make some more bookmarks now. I love arts and crafts, I’ve always got some kind of creative project happening. I’m making a few hundred bookmarks atthe moment and giving them to friends, they can then pass them on to their other friends as well. I always need to have some kind of distraction happening, as it helps me with withdrawals. I’m still deciding what my next project will be. 

Take care💚

RusTW

Hi Carmie wishing you a good day😸