Carmie

Carmie: accidently doubling up on seroquel one day while tapering

Hopefull

💜

direstraits

WOW...you're doing so much despite what you're going through...you're always so inspiring!

I love sunflowers,too...I have a garden flag out front with them.

hope the stress lets up for you a bit as time goes on.

think of you often.

Love from ds.💙💙

Marmot

Hi Carmie, I see you're offline more these days, enjoying nature and art. That is wonderful to hear. Thank you so much by the way for stopping by my thread a few months ago. I hope your taper is going smoothly enough. ❤️

neroli

Hello Carmie

Just popping by to say hello and hope that you are settling and benefiting from your rest and self-care.

Do hope things are panning out ok.

Neroli 💜

Carmie

Hi all you gorgeous people that have dropped by, Thanks so much for thinking of me.

On 5/30/2019 at 9:06 PM, Hopefull said:

Hi Carmie,

Just dropping by to see how you are doing.  Your positivity shines through,  despite what you are going through. 

Take care,  Hopefull. 

On 5/30/2019 at 9:07 PM, Hopefull said:

💜

On 5/31/2019 at 1:05 AM, direstraits said:

WOW...you're doing so much despite what you're going through...you're always so inspiring!

I love sunflowers,too...I have a garden flag out front with them.

hope the stress lets up for you a bit as time goes on.

think of you often.

Love from ds.💙💙

14 hours ago, Marmot said:

Hi Carmie, I see you're offline more these days, enjoying nature and art. That is wonderful to hear. Thank you so much by the way for stopping by my thread a few months ago. I hope your taper is going smoothly enough. ❤️

2 hours ago, neroli said:

Hello Carmie

Just popping by to say hello and hope that you are settling and benefiting from your rest and self-care.

Do hope things are panning out ok.

Neroli 💜

I’ve been pretty much stuck in bed today due to CFS, but I’m still in good spirits. I listened to music, played some words games when I was able, did a little bit of my sunflower diamond painting n I’ve just been watching McLeod’s Daughters ( good ol’ Aussie show).

Neroli, I’m taking your lead, and every time I pop in here I’m going to write down the positives. Here goes, I’ll aim for ten: 

(1) Cool tv shows n movies. Great when you’re stuck in bed. I have lots of DVDs. My favourite series of all time is Gilmore Girls. I love all the quirkiness and fun. Just started watching McLeod’s Daughters again, which I love. 

(2) I have gorgeous friends that check in on me. My support system is AMAZING!!!

(3) I love the heater, it’s nice and cozy. I love my weighted blanket. I love my happy bedroom with all its artwork etc. 

(4) I’ve been invited to go for a drive up the Coast with a friend on Monday. Whether I’ll be well enough or not, I’m not sure, but it’s nice to be invited. 

(5) I managed to get a lot of important errands done this week. Yay! 

(6) I’ve been invited to a get-together tomorrow night. Whether I’m well enough to go or not, I’m not sure, but it’s nice to be invited. That’s one thing I’m ALWAYS grateful for, even if I can’t go to something, my friends continue to invite me to other things. I have the BEST support system!! I am sooooo grateful! 

(7) Photogaphy. I’m a major photoholic. I was one wayyyyy before the digital age. 

(8) My Creator. That really is number one. I adore the beautiful creation around me: trees, flowers, the beach, the sky, the clouds, the sun, grass, the sunrises and sunsets,  warmth, the cool air, animals etc etc etc

(9) Books are the coolest thing ever!😎 I’ve had severe brain fog lately and haven’t been able to read a lot, but I’m so looking forward to doing more reading. 

(10) Adventures. I’ve got lot of plans for new adventures. Just planning them makes me smile.

Okay, that’s ten. Every time I check in I’ll write down ten things I’m grateful for. 

So today is day 45 since my taper from 7.25mg to 7mg. I might make the next drop some time next week. I’ve been under a lot of stress and haven’t been able to taper any earlier. I was getting a lot of head pressure and ear pain, but that’s slowly subsiding now. 

Here’s to taking a day at a time. I know this is the most horrific journey we will go through, but please don’t give up, Take it a day at a time, an hour at a time, a minute at a time, if need be. 

We can do this!!!💚💚💚

JackieDecides
2 hours ago, Carmie said:

ake it a day at a time, an hour at a time, a minute at a time, if need be. 

amen, whatever it takes

Carmie

Hi @JackieDecides

Thanks for dropping by. Yes, all we can do is take each moment as it comes. No use looking too far ahead. We just need to get through each moment. We will get there, even if it takes a really long time. 

Okay, as I’ve mentioned, every time I pop in here I am going to write down the things I’m grateful for. I’m stuck in bed today and can barely move due to CFS, but there are still things to be grateful for. Here goes, I’ll always try to aim for ten:

(1) I’m cosy under my weighted blanket and I have the heater on. I loooove the glow of the heater. Isn’t fire beautiful? I love outdoor fires, it’s so cool watching the wood burn.🔥🔥

(2)  I have food, clothing, shelter, running water and electricity.

(3) My fairy lights are on in bedroom, which always makes me smile.

(4) I have fun things I’ve been invited to. Even if I’m not well enough to go it makes me smile to think of them. 

(5) Looking at nature photos on the internet is so inspiring and relaxing.  I love looking at photography.

(6) I love checking out what’s on around the place, and making plans. Making plans is cool😎, even if I can’t go to everything.

(7) Word games. 

(8) I have DVDs to watch and books to read, that gives me something to do when I’m stuck in bed. When the brain fog is severe I can’t read, but it’s nice to have books at the ready. 

(9) YouTube. There are so many cool videos. There are topics on pretty much anything. 

(10) The fact that I actually have a bed🛏. We take a lot for granted, in some countries people don’t even have the necessities. 

It feels good writing down what we are grateful for. 🌼🌸

Sending hugs🤗

Gridley
6 minutes ago, Carmie said:

things I’m grateful for.

That is a great list, Carmie!

RusTW

Hi Carmie good attitude. Inspired me today to b more positive. Thanks

Russ

Rabe

Glad to hear you are feeling better Carmie!  Continue to take care!💜

Carmie
On 6/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, Gridley said:

That is a great list, Carmie!

On 6/2/2019 at 9:52 AM, RusTW said:

Hi Carmie good attitude. Inspired me today to b more positive. Thanks

Russ

On 6/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, Rabe said:

Glad to hear you are feeling better Carmie!  Continue to take care!💜

Hi guys, 

Thanks so much for popping around. Brain fog is bad at the moment, but I want to write down my gratitude list for today:

(1) I got to go for a nice drive up the Coast with a friend. Due to CFS I barely had any strength, but my friends understand. I love car drives n train rides. I find the vibrations n the humming of moving vehicles relaxing. I would love to go on a really, really long train ride.🚂🚂🚂🚂

(2) My friend and I caught up with one of her friends, and we really clicked too and will keep in contact. I’m sooooo grateful for all my friends, old and new. 

(3) We had lunch at a surf club overlooking the water. The beach is my happy place.🌊🌊🌊💚

(4) It was such a glorious day, the sun was shining and the cloud formations were so beautiful.☀️☀️☀️☁️☁️☁️

(5) I enjoyed some yummy hot sweet potato chips. 🍠

(6) The country scenery was beautiful. How amazing is it to be surrounded by greenery, and then the beautiful sky, the clouds, plus to top it all off, the beach. 🌳🌳☀️☁️🌊

(7) My friends and I enjoyed laughter, frivolity, craziness n quirkiness. I love having a good laugh with friends. I love people who are not afraid just to be themselves. 

(8) I got to take photos, that always make me really, really happy.📸

(9) I received some more diamond paintings in the mail today. I’ve been stocking up on them as they are an amazing distraction when I’m in severe waves. If anyone is looking for a great distraction you can find really cheap ones on eBay. 

(9) Got a beautiful heartfelt card from a friend today with such touching sentiments. Again, I’m so grateful for my friends. No matter what I have gone through, and continue to go through, they are always there for me. 

(10) I’m so excited that one of my friends sold her art work in an exhibition they were in. She is so talented. I love when people do things they enjoy, it makes me really happy.

Hang in there all you warriors on here. I’m still dealing with a lot in my life, on top of withdrawals, but I really think it’s important to still find the positives in one’s life.

We can do this, Sending hugs🤗🤗

Carmie

Hi one and all, 

I want to help out more on this site, but lately I’ve got so much to deal with that when I start reading the sad stories on here it triggers me. I can’t cope with it at the moment, but I hope to be more active in the future. 

I’m trying to focus on positives, so I today I will focus on posting ten positives. Here goes:

(1) I’ve got a comfy bed. I’m in bed again today due to my illness, but I’m very grateful that I do have a comfy bed. Loooove my weighted blanket. I highly recommend it when going through withdrawals.

(2) I’m watching Gilmore Girls. Have watched it a million times, and will watch it a million more times. 

(3) Netflix is a great distraction too, it’s so cheap n has some amazing shows on it. I’ve been watching shows where people have travelled the world and tried all the different cuisines in various countries. I find travel shows that are combined with food extremely entertaining.

(4) I got to go out last night and spend time with friends. I spent the whole day in bed so I could do that. It was such an encouraging and upbuilding time. My friends are the best!

(5) I’m doing a diamond painting of a train now. Loooove trains.🚂🚂🚂 I’d love to go on a train journey, on one of those old trains like the one on Murder On The Orient Express. 

(6) My cat. I love when she’s purring away. Prrrrrrr!

(7) Looked through photos I’ve taken. I love taking photos of nature. Nature really is the coolest thing ever!

(8) Having heart to hearts with friends is wonderful. 

(9) I’ve been invited to dinner this Saturday night, which I’m looking forward to. Hope I’m well enough. 

(10) Giving people presents makes me happy. 

Okay, so those are my ten positives for today. Please everyone, write down what you are grateful for, if not on this site, than in a notebook. It does help to continue to look at the positives.

Sending love to all💚💚💚

Carmie

P.s. Today is day 49 since I dropped from 7.25mg to 7mg. I think I’m going to make the leap to 6.75mg tonight.

I’ve been under a lot of stress, but I think I’ve stabilised. I had so much head pressure n also ear pain, but that’s subsided. It’s time to make the leap again.

There are always so many things to take into account when someone does the next drop. Have I stabilised enough? I think I have.   

Can I continue to cope with the stress around me ( unrelated to withdrawals) ? I think I can. 

The other thing is: If you feel you are stable enough to continue to taper and you just keep waiting, that in itself is stressful. I feel the need for forward movement now I’ve stabilised. 

Here goes. I don’t know how severe the waves will be. I just take an hour at a time as usual. Here’s to moving forward.

My heart goes out to all of you 💚💚💚

RichT

Good luck Carmie!

R

neroli

Hello Carmie

Good luck from me, too.

You are doing amazingly well despite the waves and stress - and you are racing away with world-class gratitude lists!

On 6/2/2019 at 11:19 AM, Carmie said:

We just need to get through each moment. We will get there, even if it takes a really long time. 

Gosh, I wishI had your equanimity - I can't bear the thought of the time it will take and don't like to look ahead.  I guess that's where getting through each moment comes in.

Warm wishes from over here in chilly NZ

Neroli 💜

Carmie

Hi @RichT @neroli

Thanks for your kind words.and for popping around. Well I did do my next drop to 6.75mg last night. Let’s see what this new rollercoaster ride brings. 🎢🎢🎢😁 It took a while for waves to hit the last time I dropped, but the time before they hit within the week. Let’s see what happens this time.

I just live an hour at a time, and make the best of the situation. 

Neroli, it’s been chilly here too, though it’s not too bad this evening. 

Here goes my ten positives for the day. This always makes me feel happy writing down the positives.

(1) Just had a lovely warm shower🚿 and put on comfy pajamas and am lying on the couch🛋 with my weighted blanket and a fluffy pillow. I’m feeling nice and snug. Doing the hygge thing😄

(2) Watching Star Trek Voyager at the moment. Star Trek is awesome!🚀

(3) Had a yummy warm roasted dandelion drink with coconut cream.

(4) I follow different encouraging pages on Facebook, love looking at scenery and all kinds of photography. I don’t keep in touch with friends on Facebook. I used to in the past, but then I got rid of it. When I joined again I decided to just follow pages that interest me. It’s like having a magazine. I did get rid of Instagram a couple of times too, but I love photography too much and I love sharing photos and seeing my friends photos, so insta is where I connect online with friends. 

(5) I managed to do a lot of reading today📖. Yay! Can’t always do that when brain fog is severe. 

(6) I’m grateful for the fact I can see, how wonderful is eyesight. 👀

(7) I’m grateful for the fact I can hear, without it I wouldn’t be able to hear music, nature sounds, listen to movies etc. 👂🎼

(8) I’m grateful that I have hands and can do creative things with them. I can write, do arts and crafts etc etc etc.🤲✍️

(9) I’m grateful I have taste so I can eat lots of yummy  food🍎🍊🥥🍓🍇🍉🍒🥗🍖🥘🍗

(10) I’m grateful that I have the sense of smell, so I can smell fragrances, food ec etc etc👃

Okay I did it, managed to write another ten positives for today. Now it’s back to Star Trek. 📺 Live long and prosper!😂

💚💚💚

neroli

Great stuff, Carmie

💜

Carmie
On 6/7/2019 at 5:30 AM, neroli said:

Great stuff, Carmie

💜

Thanks Neroli, 

Well today is day four since I tapered from 7mg to 6.75mg. I’m feeling really restless this morning, and am struggling to settle, but here are my ten positives for the day:

1. Had a lovely time last night with a group of friends.  A couple of my friends made a yummy dinner, it was delish🍗🥘🥗🍲😋

2. Had real good belly laughs last night, good to get those endorphins happening!

3. I’ve got a lovely, soft nightrobe on. The texture is comforting.

4. The heater and it’s glow are very comforting, as well as my fairy lights in the bedroom.🔥

5. Cuddles from friends are so cool!😎 I’m a big hugger, and I got lots of hugs last night and every time I catch up with friends. I have lots of friends that are into hugs too. What a lovely way to great people 🤗🤗🤗

6. Looking forward to finishing my diamond painting of a train today, not much of it left to do.🚂

7. Discussed some things with my friends from Poland, as to what fun things we can do here.I’m going to be their tour guide.🗺 🤓 I love planning and organising things. We’ll be looking for cheap things to do. They haven’t been to the museum or the art galleries 🖼 yet, so that will be one thing we will do. Then there’s the Botanic Gardens🌳🌸, and we have the EKKA in August🎢🎡, which is a fair that we have every year. We are going to go on boat rides on the river🛥.  I’m going to take them to my favourite cafe, which once you’re in there, you feel like you’re in Asia somewhere, so cool!️ The list is endless, I love planning fun things. Sometimes I’m too sick to go, but the planning in itself makes me happy.

8. I got some books, DVDs and magazines from the library. Libraries are great!!📚 I got quite a number of the lonely planet magazines, I love looking at beautiful travel photography. Even when I’m too brain dead to read I can still look at the beautiful pictures. 

9. My cat purring away this morning was a nice start to the day.🐈

10. Going to look at recipe books today, and look at what scrumptious things I can cook in the future. Hardly have the energy to stand up, much less sit up today, but it’s nice to have things to look forward to.

Okay, I can barely think this morning, my brain fog is so thick, but I’m happy I was able to write down my positives. It looks like I’m stuck in bed today, but the memories of the lovely time I had last night, plus my cozy bedroom, keep me in good spirits.

Let’s see how the rest of this taper goes. A lot of the time withdrawals seem to hit around day five or so. I have had ear pressure already so far, and I’m feeling really restless today. It’s timeto find distractions to help me get through the day. Distractions! Distractions! Distractions! is always my motto. 

💚💚💚

Rabe

Thinking of you Carmie...hope you feel better again soon!💜

Carmie
28 minutes ago, Rabe said:

Thinking of you Carmie...hope you feel better again soon!💜

Thanks so much Rabe, 

I’ve been pretty much stuck in bed today, but continue to look at the positives. The big waves haven’t hit yet since my last drop a few days ago, but they have ramped up a tiny bit. All good though, I’ve been focusing on the positive things in my life, as I mentioned this morning. 

Should I do another ten positives for the day, even though I’ve already done them this morning? I think I will, here goes:

1. I finished a diamond painting of a train, and now I’m doing one of a peacock. I’ve already done a peacock one, but this one is it’s twin and facing towards the other one. 

2. Just got a lovely email from a beloved friend whom I haven’t seen in a while. 

3. Had a yummy lunch. 

4. My puddy tat looks so cute asleep in her lounge. 

5. I have food in my tummy and I’m well nourished. In some countries people barely have food, it breaks my heart. 

6. We have water to keep us going. How cool is it to just turn on a tap and water comes out.

7. I’ve been watching Gilmore Girls. Coolest show ever!😎

8. Been interacting with friends via messaging. 

9. Going to ring a friend or two tonight to have a bit of a chat.📞

10. Manages to do some organising of paperwork.Yay!

Okay, I’ve managed to write twenty positives for today, ten in the morning and ten in the afternoon. I continue to take an hour at a time, like everyone else on here though.

Sending hugs🤗

Rosetta

Hi Carmie,

Thanks for dropping by my thread.  You do have many blessings!  I'm glad you had dinner with friends last night.  How nice.  I hope your symptoms are mild from this last reduction.  Good luck with your painting.

Rosetta

Carmie

Hi @Rosetta

Thanks for dropping around. I’m way too braindead to write a gratitude list today, but I have to say one thing that brought me great joy today was listening to a busker in the city. I had to go into the City to get the script for the Seroquel. Boy, these meds have certainly put us into the ringer. We can’t change what’s happened though, so we have to continue to look forward.

Anyway, this busker was singing all the old crooner songs like “ New York, New York.” I really enjoyed it so much. He was in a wheelchair, he had Spina Bifida, he was such a beautiful soul despite was he was going through. He wanted to make people happy. His voice was incredible, major music freak here.🤓 I really, really, really try and look at the blessings in my day. 

Hope you’re coping as best you can Rosetta, I’m struggling to read other people’s threads at the moment. 

Sending lots of hugs🤗🤗🤗

Rabe

Glad you had a bright moment today Carmie.  Take care!💜

Carmie
2 hours ago, Rabe said:

Glad you had a bright moment today Carmie.  Take care!💜

Thanks Rabe, 

Hope you’re coping okay. One of these days withdrawals will be a thing of the past. I’ve still got forever to go, but one can only live in the moment and make the best of it, so here is my list of ten things I’m grateful for today.

1. Music. Since hearing that busker yesterday I haven’t been able to stop singing: “ New York, New York.”🌇🌆 Well, what I do isn’t actually singing, I sound awful, but I’m having fun. 😁

2. I’ve got a concert to go to this weekend: Billy Ocean. 🎤

3. I’m in bed, but I’m enjoying the warmth of the heater. 🔥

4. I managed to do a little bit of organising. Yay! 

5. I’m entertaining myself watching DVDs. 📺💽

6. Had some yummy food🍽

7. Going to do some crafts soon. 

8. I have great friends. 

9. I’m going to blow up another yellow smiley face balloons. I love 🎈. I put them on my “happy wall” in the bedroom.

10. Colours are amazing. There are so many different hues! How boring would it be if we lived in black and white.

Okay, so today is day seven since I tapered from 7mg to 6.75mg. I’m getting lots of waves today, but I’m continuing to distract myself. Good old distractions help me cope. Here’s to continuing to find distractions.

Sending hugs🤗

jen84

Happy distracting to you Carmie! I love that you Have a happy wall, what a great idea! I hope your decrease to 6.75 goes smoothly for you.

DMV64
On 6/12/2019 at 1:58 AM, Carmie said:

One of these days withdrawals will be a thing of the past. I’ve still got forever to go, but one can only live in the moment and make the best of it, so here is my list of ten things I’m grateful for today.

YES! YES!! How inspiring! I love gratitude lists. It was so great to read yours today. : )

Carmie
On 6/13/2019 at 12:15 PM, jen84 said:

Happy distracting to you Carmie! I love that you Have a happy wall, what a great idea! I hope your decrease to 6.75 goes smoothly for you.

12 hours ago, DMV64 said:

YES! YES!! How inspiring! I love gratitude lists. It was so great to read yours today. : )

Hi guys, 

Thanks for dropping around my neck of the woods.🌳🌳🌳 I’m glad you like my happy wall idea, Jen. I’ve had one for ages, I have art work, positive signs, balloons, fairy lights etc on it. When I wake up in the morning it’s the first thing I see. No matter how awful I feel when I first wake up it’s fabulous to be greeted by things that make me smile. 

Okay, so here are my ten positives for the day. 

1. Managed to run a couple of errands. It always feels great to get errands out of the way. 

2. I’ve got a Billy Ocean concert tomorrow night: “ When the going gets tough, the tough get...........”🎤🎼🎺🎷🎸💃💃

3. It’s heartwarming when my friends check in on me. Love my friends.😍

4. My lovely soft, cozy nightrobe. 

5. Netflix. Great distraction when in waves.

6. Been doing some more of my diamond painting of a cozy outdoor setting with a rocking chair. Would love to own a rocking chair. How cool would that be!😎

7. Making photo collages. I love editing photos and having fun with photos. Photo editing has been a great distraction through some of my severest waves. 

8. Bought some yummy tea today called bengal spice. Love that blend, it’s caffeine free. The shops near by didn’t sell it anymore so I got it off the internet. It arrived today. I’m going to have a cuppa in a minute. Love the smell of it too.

9. My favourite beverage is water, love water. Drink lots of it. Also love soda water, which I think is called club soda in America.

10. Got some lavender essential oil today.

Lots of waves today, but I’m coping okay. Now it’s time to have my cuppa and watch some more Netflix. 📺 After that it’s nighty nights😴😴

Sending hugs🤗