brassmonkey

Tao of the Brassmonkey

Rabe

Sorry to hear!  I have my scale...who would be able to help me kind of get going...set up in any case?  Think I will have to work with whatever he prescribes and that may be compounded capsules.  I also have a few tablets.  He was going to get back to me but has not. 

Hope you feel better!  Did you get it checked?  (you dont have to answer that...just hoping you did.)

Hibari
On 9/24/2018 at 3:23 AM, brassmonkey said:

Still on the DL (disabled list, not down low).  I can only type a few lines before it sets off spasms in my shoulder that take hours to resolve.  If I take things really easy I'm getting along fine, but any sudden movements and ouch.  I can feel it starting to flair up so got to stop.

Wishing you complete healing Brass.  

Bluejay

Hello Brass Monkey,

I'm new to this site and so thankful for finding it and your amazing story of recovery.  Thank you so much for sharing your journey for those of us who still have a bit left to go.  I'm crying in joy knowing how well you have been able to heal and knowing how your connection to nature and keeping busy is a key role too for improving, it gives me hope.

Are you able to remember if you had physical symptoms like not feeling like you were able to breathe correctly and having such a tight chest?  I've had this symptom for about two months now.  I feel like I am incapable of getting a satisfying breathe of air.  I came to 0 in my taper in mid May of 2018, so I have been having a variety of the symptoms but this one seems to be taking the cake over the others at this moment, but I have others too..just don't want to overwhelm you.  I've read on here to just accept it and not fight it, (which sounds very insightful and true) but it is so hard because the feeling of not being able to breathe is so scary and my mind automatically thinks this is forever, my new normal.

Did you have this and do you know how you dealt with it or how long it lasted or maybe if just ignoring it worked?

Anyways, just some insight into this will be more than appreciated and I understand if you cannot remember this symptom, which for you will be wonderful and a sign of true healing and moving on.  

Peace and blessings, thank you so much!!!

brassmonkey

HI Bluejay--  welcome to SA.  I'm having real trouble typing because of my shoulder injury so this won't be long winded. Yes, I did get the tight chest and feeling like I couldn't breath.  It happened several times throughout my taper.  Primarily I just slowed down and didn't push myself until it cleared up.  It did get quite acute a couple of times which were  a bit scary.  But in the end everything cleared up.  I did catch something in China last year that seems to have tripped off adult onset asthma which is taking some dealing with.

When you get a chance please start an intro thread so you can tell us about yourself.

Brassmonkey

brassmonkey

Well a week ago plus a couple of hours I injured my shoulder.  I've gotten full range of motion back, but any amount of usage sets off the spasms so I can't do a whole lot with it.  It's amazing that the micro movements of typing and using a mouse can really set things off. Now if I could keep it from waking me up at 6am things would be fine.

Bluejay

Hello Brass Monkey,

Thank you so much for your super quick reply.  I so apprecate you taking the time out to do this even though you're in pain!  I hope you feel better and I appreciate your insight into my question.  Thanks so much!!

brassmonkey

The shoulder is going to take it's own sweet time to heal.  I can use it for a while each day then it starts to kick up and that's it for the day.  Been doing some PT, which is a real killer.  Usually sets off the spasms and they take several hours to calm down. Still typing with my left hand and avoiding using the mouse as much as possible.

Some time last week was the seventh anniversary of my starting my taper.  I didn't realize it until several days had passed, which is a good thing.  It means that I am moving on and not fixating on the trials of the past several years.

Rabe

First...congratulations on moving beyond the taper...that must be a truly wonderful feeling.  Sorry your shoulder is still unsettled...hope the PT will help in long run though maybe not in short.  Shoulders can be persistent little buggers.  

The doctor ordered all the same capsule doses I guess...called the pharmacy today as I run out this week.  So I should stabilize on the new compounded Viibryd .9 capsules and the Clonazepam .2 and .7 capsules because of the possible up to 3% variances...correct?  How long?

Then could look at a very slow start to a taper to see what my up and down system will do?  Does that sound OK?  I do have a scale and  gel capsules.  I will also have the compounded capsules.  I was wondering how many of the capsules of the drug to taper I ought to get at a time as each refill is a change...right?   

At least he is not pushing me into a 12% taper or the hospital to quit both CT so I am grateful...that threat was a set back

Take care brass.  Was going to call the pharmacy today and wondered which way you thought was best to go with this.   Ill await your VERY SHORT reply to questions.  Thank you!

brassmonkey

Rabe-- I'm going to copy your post over to your thread so you will have better records.

brassmonkey

It appears that there is some validity to the idea of the 18 month wave post "0". For the past week or so I've been getting hit with waves of intense irritability, some depression and anger.  All in all, not very pleasant.  Had a bit of a meltdown last night which is being followed by a depression hangover this morning. The continuing shoulder pain isn't helping matters, but at least I'm seeing some improvement on that front by not being woken up several times a night with muscle spasms.  I'll probably get it checked out this week to rule out any real damage as we have several big trips coming up and don't want to be fighting with it while traveling.

Bluejay

Hello BrassMonkey,

Thanks for your feedback and update to my post.  I'm sorry to hear about your shoulder and hope it continues to improve with the physical therapy.  I appreciate your feedback on how you are doing with the sudden onset of symptoms of irritability and depression.  My hope is that it is just a passing phase.  It seems that there is evidence of plateaus but geez just when one thinks things are back to a baseline, this is rough.  Hang in there, we are all rooting for each other.

nick1990

Hey Tom, sorry to hear of this bro ! Its definitely a wave, It will pass though and its hopefully your last little bump of healing before you return to feeling even better.

The 18 month wave seems to be quite a thing ! funny how it works eh :)

Be well, stay in touch bro 

brassmonkey

Back from the doctor for the shoulder.  I have a torn nerve that is causing spasms and inflammation.  So it's a steroid shot, muscle relaxers and pain pills for a few weeks.  Also some PT. So we shall see what happens.  I took one of the muscle relaxers a couple of hours ago and am feeling warm and fuzzy.  I think I'll only take a half of one next time.

Rabe

Oh Im sorry to hear, brassmonkey!  Glad you went in!  Hope to hear you're feeling better soon!! 💜

brassmonkey

Things are slowly improving.  I've been taking the muscle relaxer only at night because it would knock my out for the entire afternoon and I have too much to do.  The other drug they want me to take is gabapentine, which has cause a lot of trouble for many of the other members here, so its a non-starter.  I have increased my dose of Curcumine Pytrosome and that seems to be helping, but it requires several weeks to really show any results so we shall see.  So far so good.

Rabe

Grateful to hear you are improving, brassmonkey....hoping if continues!!💜