Food and stimulant sensitivity in w/d

rattledbytherush

Hey everyone. 

Im about halfway through my taper, and I’m starting to feel more fatigue, more nausea, and more anxiety. As a person in eating disorder recovery, it’s really important for me to maintain my weight. A lot of times my anxiety is so bad that it makes eating feel more difficult, even though I know my body is hungry. I’m still working on recovery, and a lot of times turn to junk food just because my body needs the energy.

I also find that my hangovers from alcohol are way worse than they used to be. My most recent one lasted for four days. I don’t know if it’s a lack of sleep or proper nutrition, but, after having one Bloody Mary for brunch, I felt dizzy and nauseous. Is it possible for me to be that sensitive to everything right now? 

Ive undergone food sensitivity tests, given up various food groups, taken a variety of supplements to “heal my gut”, but the only thing that seems to consistently work is eating enough and sleeping enough. All tests have come back inconclusive. I can exercise only two or three times a week without feeling completely drained (I also bartend until 3-4am most nights). I know for me that treating my body well will be the baseline of healing, especially from antidepressants. If anyone has any non-restrictive (or at least realistic for someone in ED recovery) practices, dietary advice, or body work suggestions, let me know. I’d love to hear your experiences.

xoxo

Beginning of slow taper: November 2017: 45mg liquid sertraline 

December 2017: 40 mg liquid sertraline

January 2018: 35 mg liquid sertraline

February 2018: 30mg liquid sertraline

March 20, 2018: 25 mg liquid sertraline

May 2nd, 2018: 20 mg liquid sertraline

June 1st, 2018: 18 mg liquid sertraline

July 2018: reinstatement to 20 mg liquid sertraline

September 21st, 2018: took 50mg sertraline for one day; reinstated back to 22mg liquid sertraline after

September 29th-30th: Ran out of liquid, taking 25 mg tablets to hold for two days until liquid scrip is ready

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy