Mononucleosis

TweetyRose

I am 23 months out from my 4.5 month fluoxetine usage/cold turkey wd from the ssri. Still experiencing symptoms.

However, I recently found out I had Mono. Doc said it wasn't a recentor active infection, but antibodies were present in my blood. I am very sad and scared right now.

With that said, do you guys think it will impede my recover? I am starting to feel like I may never fully recover and am losing hope daily. I didnt use the ssri that long, and 2 years later am not fully recovered. Please help guys.

Took Prozac  (generic Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4.5 months. First and only psych med. Stopped cold turkey. Been in protracted withdrawal for 2 years since I stopped ssri.

6 hours ago, TweetyRose said:

I am 23 months out from my 4.5 month fluoxetine usage/cold turkey wd from the ssri. Still experiencing symptoms.

However, I recently found out I had Mono. Doc said it wasn't a recentor active infection, but antibodies were present in my blood. I am very sad and scared right now.

With that said, do you guys think it will impede my recover? I am starting to feel like I may never fully recover and am losing hope daily. I didnt use the ssri that long, and 2 years later am not fully recovered. Please help guys.

probably the mono already exited before the ssri and it made it worse but remember we all recover some take longer than others but pls This is not the place to post this Post it on your Introduction post otherwise it will take a lot of time for someone o respond so pls repost this on your intro post.

Ty 

Be Strong you will recover don't give up 

1. Zoloft(Generic)100 mg From 06/06/2016 to 02/10/2016                         
  2. Lexapro(Generic) 20 MG From 03/10/2016 to 05/2017                               Supplements: vitamin complex 
  3. Lexapro (Generic) CT 05/2017 
  4. 6/08/17- reinstated 10mg Lexapro(Generic)(50%of original doses )
  5. 02/11/2017- 9 mg Lexapro(Generic) (10 % rule) (Homemade)
  6. 04/12/2017- 8.75mg Lexapro(Generic)(BrassMonkey slide)
  7. 19/12/2017- 8.5mg Lexapro(Generic)
  8. 06/02/2018- 8.35mg Lexapro (Generic)
  9. 16/2/2018- 8.22mg Lexapro(Generic)
  10. 25/2/2018- 8.09mg Lexapro (Generic)-05/03/2018- 7.9mg Lexapro (Generic)-28/03/2018-7.75mg Lexapro (Generic)-04/04/2018-7.66mg Lexapro (Generic)18/05/2018-7.64mg Lexapro (brand Liquid)
  11. 28/6/2018 7.50mg lexapro (Brand Liquid ) 15/7/2018 7.40 mg Lexapro(brand liquid) 7.30 mg Lexapro(Liquid) 27-07-2018
  12. Forgot to update this but i continued to taper down until 21/12/2019 and final dose was 1.3 mg  Time since Stoping  3y and 4 mouths
  13.  xanax 16-01-2023 started 0.25 whent to 0.5 RX 1 week Back to 0.25 
  14. corrent dose 0.25 devided in 4 parts 

Sorry. Wasn't sure where to post. Thank you for your response.

Took Prozac  (generic Fluoxetine) 10 mg for 4.5 months. First and only psych med. Stopped cold turkey. Been in protracted withdrawal for 2 years since I stopped ssri.

• Administrator

When did you have mono? Before, during, or since you took Prozac? Why do you think the two are related?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Altostrata changed the title to Mononucleosis

According to the doctors, some time in the past. It is not an active infection. My IGM was negative. But the IGG was positive. But, I am not sure when the infection happen. 

I have been in wd for 2 years. Finding out that I have mono antibodies in my blood recently, I just got scared thinking it was "one more thing" that would interfere with my healing and recovery.

I honestly have no idea why I think they are related. I just need someone to help me make sense of things. I guess I just need some comfort and reassurance that I CAN heal.

• Administrator

I doubt having antibodies from mono is related to your withdrawal syndrome. You might have had it when you were a teenager.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

Yes. I agree. I just dont understand why its taking me so long to recover from wd.  I am starting to lose hope

• Administrator

Please post your questions in your Intro topic.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy