brassmonkey

The Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro-tapering

Iowan

Here's my version of a BM Slide calculating spreadsheet. It uses the standard 4 week - 10% reduction. It also takes into account that most scales only measure to the 0.001 g. Please feel free to either incorporate into your other calc docs or delete my post all together. Thanks, Iowan

I took a little time today to work on an auto populating Excel spreadsheet for the BrassMonkey Slide Taper method. Please see my attached doc and feel free to download and use. There are 2 tabs. The 1st (4_Wk) tab is if you want to taper every week all the way through to zero. The 2nd (6_Wk) tab is if you want to taper every week for 4 weeks and then hold for 2 weeks before beginning your taper again, (per what's suggested by the original BM Slide Taper method).

Obviously, this is just an initial plan that does not take into any account for any unexpected or longer hold times.

Once you pick which tapering plan you want to go with, all you need to do is populate the 4 Yellow highlighted cells with your own information. The doc will automatically populate the rest and show you when you will reach zero, if you stick to the plan. Whatever row that the mgai, Weight and mgpw columns zero out is the date that you will be Anti Depressant medication FREE!!!

I've pre-populated the the 4 Yellow highlighted cells, to demonstrate how it works. Just write over my pre-populated values with your own, in these 4 cells ONLY.

Pre-Populated Values

20 mgai = 20 milligrams of active ingredient, (e.g. a 20 mg pill of Lexapro).

0.310 g Weight = The physical weight of your current dosage, (e.g. a 20 mg pill of Lexapro).

Sunday Day = Day of the week you begin your taper.

07/07/19 Date = Date you begin your taper.

God bless!

BM Slide Taper.xlsx

Iowan

Here's an updated version of my BrassMonkey Slide doc. Due to file size restrictions, I had to split the doc into 2 docs. The first tab in each doc provides 'Instructions' and hyperlinks to each of the 2 plans available to choose from within each doc, (listed below).

10% Taper Doc

10% Taper over 4 weeks with 2 weeks hold. (True BrassMonkey Slide)
10% Taper over 4 weeks with 0 weeks hold. (Shortest taper plan, but doesn't provide hold weeks)

5% Taper Doc

5% Taper over 4 weeks with 2 weeks hold. (Longer but gentler True BrassMonkey Slide)

5% Taper over 4 weeks with 0 weeks hold. (Longer, gentler taper plan, but doesn't provide hold weeks)

10-Pct BM Slide Taper.xlsx

Iowan

I finally got a chance to work in Google Sheets, in order to save on my attachment size and doc space allowed within SA. Please click on the link below to review and use the automated dosage doc that I've created for the BrassMonkey Slide.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/175I8LTe0QbXboxxtNr7454JN_9TTT4GqbSAxgcHxJls/edit?ts=5d2f1e0c#gid=1066749400

Thanks, Iowan

India
On 4/22/2018 at 10:24 PM, Gridley said:

This method is working for me.  Using it, I've gone from 20mg Lexapro to 7.2mg  in 16 months with tolerable WD symptoms and no need to updose. I rate my symptoms daily, with 0 being very mild symptoms and five being extremely bad symptoms, and my log has mostly 0's and 1's, an occasional 2, a few 3's, maybe one 4 and no 5's.  I plan to use it to taper Imipramine when the time comes.   

When I stabilise I’d like to try this method..