SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Trev Withdrawal, I nead help

Trev

Hi there everybody I've been reading through lots stories, feel it's time I nead some help,I'm 53 year old male,havnt been working last 9 years, little past history of me from April 2007 to October 2016 on efexor150mg xl,decided wanted off so saw Dr she told me 4 weeks taper,as I've learnt here now not good advice so after a month I ended up on prozac20mg upped to 40 mg but after 9 weeks had to stop  as feeling really unwell

went back to Dr she said go back on vensir so started on 75mg back up to 150mg again,staying on this again until September 2017 I decided I wanted off again so this time taper down over 2 months ended up on sertalene for few weeks didn't agree with me so back on vensir 75_150mg xl  again,some side effects, cholesterol lil high and blood pressure lil high,I should of stayed on this and stabilise for long time,had some good days,

I decided I wanted off meds so tapered down from November2017 to end of December, ive been off now 3+half  months,at the beginning withdrawl was manageable having windows and waves, last 2 weeks anxiety is through the roof,I have ibs, this anxiety not helping

I feel really low, depression is back with vengeance, my sleep is almost non existent , waking early can't get over again ,even with the help of a sleep med zolpidem 10mg which I've been taking long term.

Symptoms now includes prickly heat sensation in my arms feel sick nauseous my Ibs is sore irritable most the time, fatigue, muscle aches, I'm a very keen walker 1 of my main tools against the depression now I've not the energy just don't know what to do now, Dr suggested to go back on sertalene 50mg for 1 week then 100,this really scares me don't want to take it,  I don't know how much more I can take, just thinking should I try to reinstate the vensir stabilise go for very slow taper, the capsules  💊 have 6 small tablets inside 12.5mg each,not easy to taper from..Any advice greatly appreciated 

Edited by Altostrata
added screen name to title, paragraph breaks

150mg vensir from 2007 until September 2016, prozac 20mg from November until January 2017,vensir again 150mg until June then 75mg Vensir until end of July then sertaline 25mg _50mg until beginning of September then back on vensir 75 mg 3weeks onto 150 mg until end of November, just wanted off, Dr said to reduce, too fast, I take 10mg zolpidem Every night  last 10 years, sometimes 2_6 mg diazepam late evening time 

• Administrator

Welcome, Trev.

Please post with paragraph breaks, it makes it much easier to read your post.

Your symptoms began when you went off venlafaxine in 2016, is that correct? Since then, was there a period when they stopped or were less? What happened when you were taking 75mg Vensir?

To help us out, see these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Trev,

I am tapering effexor.  On it since 2002.

Some forms of the drug come in capsules containing scores of small beads.

I also have those with 12.5mg minitabs.

I am tapering fine using both.

Just posting this as reassurance in the event, say, that you are advised to reinstate the effexor.

Best wishes

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Trev. This is a great place for support as you taper and heal. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

4 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

Welcome to SA, Trev. This is a great place for support as you taper and heal. 

Thanks SkyBlue, I'm really happy now I've found this site,ive learnt so much just reading all the stories,I'm hopefull I won't nead to go near the Dr for a very long time.

150mg vensir from 2007 until September 2016, prozac 20mg from November until January 2017,vensir again 150mg until June then 75mg Vensir until end of July then sertaline 25mg _50mg until beginning of September then back on vensir 75 mg 3weeks onto 150 mg until end of November, just wanted off, Dr said to reduce, too fast, I take 10mg zolpidem Every night  last 10 years, sometimes 2_6 mg diazepam late evening time 

• Moderator Emeritus

You're very welcome... and I'm glad you are feeling hopeful! There is definitely hope. : ) 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

On 24/04/2018 at 12:41 AM, Altostrata said:

Welcome, Trev.

Please post with paragraph breaks, it makes it much easier to read your post.

Your symptoms began when you went off venlafaxine in 2016, is that correct? Since then, was there a period when they stopped or were less? What happened when you were taking 75mg Vensir?

To help us out, see these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Hi Alto from what I can remember 3 weeks after stopping meds end 2016 I started get symptoms feeling unwell again so I went back to Dr she said my depression is back and suggested I try prozac20mg, I tried this for 8 weeks and had to stop,prozac didnt  agree with me

Back to Dr again she put me back on vensir 75 up 150,next few months still feeling unwell,I just wanted off these meds I started to get high blood pressure and high cholesterol,so didn't want to take more  meds for this.Currently not taking vensir  my Blood pressure and cholesterol is normal 

I'm  not taking any antidepressant now 3 and half months,my symptoms are up and down,but most  days I feel I'm in hell,I have symptoms now I never had before I started antidepressant medication it's so unreal how I feel most days, last 2 days Monday is a good day feeling positive about the future, Tuesday started off good evening time my mood started to be negative, I started feel very anxious depressed again, today Wednesday is really not good it's a nightmare today,I just find it hard to understand what's happening to me, am I  healing, Windows and waves?  

I take 10mg zolpidem to help with sleep, sometimes I take 4_6mg diazepam.

I'm sorry my grammar not so good I just can't think, don't know what to write

I'm just interested to know should I try to reinstate a lil bit of vensir  or would it be too late now, your thoughts and help greatly appreciated, thanks 

10 hours ago, SkyBlue said:

You're very welcome... and I'm glad you are feeling hopeful! There is definitely hope. : ) 

Thanks SkyBlue, the way I've been feeling past few weeks having some good hours even a day followed by days of feeling really unwell, Monday this week feel good have very positive outlook for my future, Tuesday started off good then come evening my mood changed, all the body sensations return, anxiety and depressed, today omg the day from hell,so fatigued no energy, very negative, what's happening? it's hard to understand the way the good days then the bad just rock in 

On 24/04/2018 at 10:31 AM, peng said:

Trev,

I am tapering effexor.  On it since 2002.

Some forms of the drug come in capsules containing scores of small beads.

I also have those with 12.5mg minitabs.

I am tapering fine using both.

Just posting this as reassurance in the event, say, that you are advised to reinstate the effexor.

Best wishes

Thanks Peng,I remember having those capsules with the small beeds I think 5 years ago then they changed them here to the tablet form inside the capsules, what dose are you tapering from and how long now?

Thanks 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Trev said:

prozac didnt  agree with me

How did the Prozac not agree with you? What were your symptoms? How much Prozac did you take? Did it help even a little?

2 hours ago, Trev said:

she put me back on vensir 75 up 150,next few months still feeling unwell

How did you feel unwell? What were your symptoms? Did 75mg Vensir help even a little?

2 hours ago, Trev said:

I take 10mg zolpidem to help with sleep, sometimes I take 4_6mg diazepam.

How long have you been taking zolpidem at night? Do you take it every night? How often do you take diazepam?

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How did the Prozac not agree with you? What were your symptoms? How much Prozac did you take? Did it help even a little?

How did you feel unwell? What were your symptoms? Did 75mg Vensir help even a little?

How long have you been taking zolpidem at night? Do you take it every night? How often do you take diazepam?

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages.

The prozac 20mg after 7 days I started take bad panic attacks really hot around chest area,these would happen most days, then after 5 weeks my complexion started to turn grey yellowish colour, at 8 weeks couldnt take any more of it 

The vensir 75mg when I look back now must of helped me,although I was told from family members I was withdrawn and in a land of my own , I was going to gym some days and walking lots then , now I have no energy  feel fatigue but still try keep active everyday 

I've been taking zolpidem for 10 years everynight,I hope at some stage to come off it when all is settled 

The diazepam I try not to take too much 2_6mg late evening time but not every night, I'm hoping to get away from it to, I would like at some stage to be drug free

Reading through lots of the stories here I  now know I've been misled with the dosage and tapering from the antidepressants,it takes a very long time to taper and not just the 2_3 weeks time scale a Dr would have you believe 

Alto at this point would you have any advice what I should try to do to alleviate these extreme symptoms I'm experiencing, it's been nearly 3 and half months now since last capsule, last 4 weeks have been up and down,the down days are getting harder more fatigued,lots strange nauseous body sensations,anxiety very high. 

Regards Trev 

• Administrator

Do you have any Vensir capsules left? What dosage, and what's inside the capsules?

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Do you have any Vensir capsules left? What dosage, and what's inside the capsules?

I have some 150mg  capsules, there's 12 small 12.5mg tables inside 

16 hours ago, Trev said:

Thanks Peng,I remember having those capsules with the small beeds I think 5 years ago then they changed them here to the tablet form inside the capsules, what dose are you tapering from and how long now?

Thanks 

Trev,

I was on 225mg just under 2 years ago when I started taper of 5-10% each 28 days, of dose I was on (not a % of original dose).

I am now on less than 60mg.

If you do not feel OK after the 28 day periods are up, hold until you feel better before proceeding with next reduction.

I have held dose for more than a couple of months at times.  e.g. when we were moving house last year.

I accept now I may not get down to nil - feeling a bit fragile now, but at least anything less than my max dose is a positive move with these toxins, I reckon.

Best wishes

Born 1945. 

1999 - First Effexor/Venlafaxine

2016 Withdrawal research. Effexor.  13Jul - 212.5mg;  6Aug - 200.0mg;  24Aug - 187.5mg;  13Sep - 175.0mg;  3Oct - 162.5mg;  26Oct - 150mg 

2017  9Jan - 150.00mg;  23Mar - 137.50mg;  24Apr - 125.00mg;  31May - 112.50mg holding;  3Sep - 100.00mg;  20Sep - 93.75mg;  20Oct - 87.5mg;  12Nov - 81.25mg;  13 Dec - 75.00mg

2018  18Jan - 69.1mg; 16Feb - 62.5mg; 16March - 57.5mg (-8%); 22Apr - 56.3mg(-2%); CRASHED - Updose 29May - 62.5mg; Updose - 1Jul - 75.0mg. Updose - 2Aug - 87.5mg. Updose - 27Aug - 100.0mg. Updose - 11Oct 112.5mg. Updose - 6Nov 125.00mg

2019 Updoses 19 Jan - 150.0mg. 1April - 162.5mg. 24 April - Feeling better - doing tasks, getting outside.  7 May - usual depression questionnaire gives "probably no depression" result.

Supps/Vits  Omega 3;  Chelated Magnesium;  Prebiotics/Probiotics, Vit D3. 

On 26/04/2018 at 8:26 AM, Trev said:

I have some 150mg  capsules, there's 12 small 12.5mg tables inside 

Hi Alto  I'm just layin here awake tonight  feeling really low with so many body sensations, I'm thinking now should I reinstate some vensir 12.5mg or 37.5 mg,what do you think? 

Hi Trev, From what i can tell Vensir is another brand name for venlafaxine (effexor). I'm a little over 4 months in from stopping effexor XR so i can definetley relate to what you are going through. I also tried a tiny amount of Prozac and it didn't go very well for me. Stopped it after one dose.

Here's my intro thread if you want to compare notes. The admins have also posted some links i found to be quite helpful.

So far the three things that helped me the most were chamomile tea, fish oil  (2-3 times daily 1000mg) & magnesium.

Hope you are managing well.

Paroxatine - 2004-2006

Effexor XR 75mg 2006 - 2016 (Discontinued Feb 2016) - Withdrawal for 6 months.

Effexor XR 75mg Re-instated June 2017 (Discontinued Dec 2017)

Effexor XR 2-3 mg Re-instated March 10 2018 - 1 day (Didn't work)

Effexor XR 2mg Reinstated (Again) May 11 2018. 6 Beads

July 2018 - 0.0mg of Effexor. Zilch