Vision symptoms: floaters, snow, blurred/dimmed vision, twitching, dry eyes and pain

Maybe

7 hours ago, Gaebbi said:

Hi @Hellbutrin,

sadly all the progress I‘ve made was usually very very short lived. Or I just thought it was progress but it wasn‘t. I‘ve noticed that on very sunny and light days my double vision is barely noticeable, but first I thought that it got better, when it didn‘t. It was just the light. The darker it gets outside, the more I‘m noticing it. I think it may stay permanently, but honestly I don‘t really care about it.

also, I don‘t have dry eyes. Do you also have the ghosting on one eye or on both?

Mine is in both eyes, and my neuro optometrist could not find anything on my MRI that would potentially cause dry eye. He's leaning towards some sort of GI/autoimmune issue now, and plans to test me May 11th for Sjorgren's. I also feel that mine might be permanent and I've come to terms with that, but I do have to find a way to address the dry eye so that I don't have long term damage to my eye from the lack of moisture. I have the ghosting in both eyes, and I do believe that mine is somehow directly related to my dry eye, because they both started when I C/T, and my eye doctor says that there's no apparent neurologic reason for my double vision, so it's likely caused by the dry eye. He also mentioned that it's uncommon to have monocular double vision to begin with, and that it doesn't usually have a neurological reason unless the double vision goes away when you cover up one eye, and mine doesn't. My double vision is present with either eye covered, at all times. 

1. Started Wellbutrin 75 mg IR the end of 2015.
  2. Tried quitting cold turkey in June 30th- July 3rd 2017.
  3. Had severe withdrawals.
  4. Was placed on Wellbutrin 100mg SR so I could taper without withdrawal.
  5. Stabilized on 100mg SR for most of the month of July.
  6. Started tapering on July 17th,  2017.
  7. Completed taper on August 8th, 2017.
  8. Currently experiencing severe withdrawal.
  • Symptoms- Currently experiencing anhedonia, depersonalization/derealization, concentration/memory issues, chronic congestion, chronic dry eyes, dry skin, dislocated TMJ joint from teeth grinding during C/T withdrawal, waves of depression, anxiety, nausea, morning cortisol spikes, insomnia, agitation, food sensitivities, no tolerance for caffeine and chronic fatigue, burning muscle pain in upper and lower back and occasional tinninitus.
  • Supplements- Omega-3 fish oil supplement twice daily, 100 mg of magnesium once daily. 

19 hours ago, Hellbutrin said:

Did you notice that fish oil was particularly helpful with managing dry eye symptoms? I recently started taking a higher quality Omega, but I still have extremely dry eyes, especially when I first wake up.

The only supplement I take is Vitamin D

i eat a really healthy diet and exercise every day . 
Did you have dry eyes prior to WD? 
if WD  has brought it on it will definitely get better. 
this is what I notice with mine: when it first came on at the start of my taper it was really bad. I booked an appointment at the eye hospital and they found out I wasn’t producing enough tears . They originally thought my tear ducts We’re blocked or that it was as a result of long term HRT. Didn’t have any other tests they just recommended drops after trying to unblock the tear ducts.   
however I believe it was to do with WD. At first I had to use liquid tear drops but slowly over time I haven’t had to. It goes away for a few months then comes back so this is also why I feel it has to do with WD. Each time it returns it is less severe. 
have you found sometimes it is worse than others ? 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

Just now, Longroadhome said:

The only supplement I take is Vitamin D

i eat a really healthy diet and exercise every day . 
Did you have dry eyes prior to WD? 
if WD  has brought it on it will definitely get better. 
this is what I notice with mine: when it first came on at the start of my taper it was really bad. I booked an appointment at the eye hospital and they found out I wasn’t producing enough tears . They originally thought my tear ducts We’re blocked or that it was as a result of long term HRT. Didn’t have any other tests they just recommended drops after trying to unblock the tear ducts.   
however I believe it was to do with WD. At first I had to use liquid tear drops but slowly over time I haven’t had to. It goes away for a few months then comes back so this is also why I feel it has to do with WD. Each time it returns it is less severe. 
have you found sometimes it is worse than others ? 

Ps mine used to be bad on waking up too and still can be quite dry on occasions when waking especially during allergy season 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

• 1 month later...

I pray every day my eyes to get back to normal.Having visual snow and being 24/7 in derealisation state after a single dose of  Effexor XR 37,5mg is so hard to accept.

Give me some strength guys!How an adverse reaction from a single pill can cause such a persisting disruption 3 years now???

6 hours ago, JasonK said:

I pray every day my eyes to get back to normal.Having visual snow and being 24/7 in derealisation state after a single dose of  Effexor XR 37,5mg is so hard to accept.

Give me some strength guys!How an adverse reaction from a single pill can cause such a persisting disruption 3 years now???

Firstly  Jason  you shouldn’t worry about the fact you opened the capsule and took beads out . I believe people do this with this medication when tapering . I do it with my pregabalin so I really don’t think your visual snow was caused by this . It is a very common thing to do when tapering so I think you should stop worrying. 
secondly you don’t say if you have better days. If so then you are going through windows and waves and maybe your going through a wave at present ? 
has it got any better to how it was at the beginning ? 
do you keep a diary? 
do you have any other symptoms of WD because if you do then you are still going through WD so there’s a very good chance this symptom will dissipate going forward. Lots to think about there .  

many people on this site have a particular symptom for a very long time . And yes longer than you . An example Is  Pug Who has had tinnitus for over 5 years and it has very gradually got better and better until now it is almost gone .,

Have faith stay strong There’s every chance you will make a good recovery !! 

Jason, you speak of 24/7 derealization. I'm a senior citizen, but I have had chronic derealization off and on, the first episode when I was 19 and at university. That lasted a few months. But that was only the first episode. Since then I have had several, in more recent decades lasting for several years. The current bout started in 2013. In 2018-19 I had improvement, which meant that the symptoms were still there but did not bother me as much. Then in May 2019 I tapered way too fast off Effexor after being on it for 3.5 years. There followed nearly six months of aggravated derealization, plus heavy anxiety, crying spells, cortisol spikes, blurry vision, and fatigue. Last November the anxiety and crying faded. The derealization and blurry vision have not changed much.

Since the 1980s psychiatrists have diagnosed me as having depression, derealization being a way  I experience it. But in the past year I have concluded that that diagnosis was probably always wrong and that anxiety disorder has always been the fundamental problem, almost certainly related to my childhood and early adulthood family experience. As you know, derealization is a dissociative disorder closely entangled with anxiety.

For me derealization means feeling in a sort of fog, separated from my surroundings by an invisible veil. Also a feeling of fatigue and strain, as if I would prefer throughout the day to shut my eyes and curl up somewhere. Napping, however, typically makes me feel worse. Fortunately, I have never had depersonalization symptoms. How do you experience derealization?

I have been working with a therapist for the past 4-5 years who applies Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. This has been helpful to me in learning how, some of the time, to pay less attention to the DR, or at least not to be rattled by it. I know much more about what it is. I have read  literature on healing from dissociative disorders, including derealization. Do you know this literature? It has also been helpful.

I'm starting work with a new therapist next week, mainly because I just want to have a "second opinion," especially from someone who has experience treating complex trauma. I have found, as you probably have, that the psychiatric profession has not traditionally had much training in dissociative disorders. My current psych has had some, and in his view I do not suffer from depression but from anxiety/derealization, which can be "tricky" to deal with! As I see it now, the answer will come with good therapy, not with ADs.

I would not describe my blurry vision, as visual snow. It's probably related both to my brain stabilizing process, which is ongoing and perhaps to the Prozac (which I started taking as a replacement for Effexor), from which I'm still tapering. Can you describe visual snow? Is it like static on a TV screen?

Your description of symptoms resulting from one dose of Effexor is interesting. I was on it for 3.5 years. Have you taken other ADs? Is it possible that your DR, like mine, is an expression of anxiety related to circumstances other than taking the Effexor?

Fluoxetine 1997-2014, 2015, 10-40 mg. GAD and DR symptoms returned  April 2013.

Bupropion 2013-14, 4 mos; Lexapro 2014; Cymbalta 2014. Gabapentin 2014; Mirtazapene 2014. Buspirone 2015.

Venlafaxine Dec. 2015 – May 2019, 150 mg, tapered to 0 in 3 weeks, May-June 2019

Bupropion Mar 2017 – July 2019 300 mg, tapered to 0 in 3 weeks, July 2019

Fluoxetine/Prozac May 2019 – present, tapered from 20 mg started Jan 2020, linear 10% every 4 wks.; tapered 6 to 4 mg June, 2, 2020; 4 to 1.8 mg Aug. 26, 2020; updose from 1.8 mg to 2.0 Nov. 16, 2020. Holding at 2.0 mg as of Mar 14,2021. April 14, 2021 updosed to 2.5 mg.

D3 2,000 mg; Omega 3 360 EPA/240 DHA; Magnesium Chelate 250 mg; Inositol powder started Nov 12, 2020; Theanine 400 mg; cranial electrotherapy stimulation device, self-treatments started Mar 14, 2021.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Found this reply in a member's topic about recovery from visual snow after stopping Effexor / venlafaxine quickly.

6 hours ago, VincentV said:

I don't know if this helps by my stepdad was on venlafaxine for many years and quit quite quickly. He developed visual snow which lasted for a couple of years before going away completely. This was about 5 years ago.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 4 weeks later...

I had visual snow from ADHD meds that I had been on since I was 4 years old (I know a 4 year old on those meds) I stopped taking it when I was 12 or 13 and it went away around 15 or 16, I never knew it was a problem being so young and having it for so many years I thought I was normal but it did go away, well at 25 it came back after taking propanol and even though I've had it before I can tell a difference. Im glad it goes away though and I know it does for a fact I'm a living witness. Its from an overactive visual cortex so they believe. I also had a lot of floaters with it I use to call them my clear worms they also went away. They returned with celexa, I also had a week when I was 18 where the snow return from just a few doses of wellbutrin. I stopped the  meds and the visual snow went away within a week. I had long lasting effects from the ADHD meds besides that I now realize was the meds

January -February celexa 40mg for 11 days. Adverse reaction cold turkey

April-May Zoloft for 30 days cold turkey. 

No further meds since then

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

• 2 months later...

I have sorta the same issue it seems like since my small trial with paxil my vison seems worse then when i used cannabis and my eyes seem dry however before i took paxil i did not seem to notice this and my vison did not seem as blurry. 

I went for an eye exam last month the doc lady said oh well dry eyes shouldent be from cannabis and oh those meds should be out of your system when i explained about the paxil I am not sure if some people are not very educated or what the case is but its almost like some people do not know that you can get side effects while coming off a med.

it seems like quackery I wonder if my eye will stop being so dry at some point. so far i was told to use eye drops 4 times a day at 15-20$ a bottle seems expensive

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

10/16/2020 resumed the ADHD medication. 

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 hour ago, jamest said:

so far i was told to use eye drops 4 times a day at 15-20$ a bottle seems expensive

That would be a special eye drop.  I've had dry eyes at times (eg in air conditioning) and just use a regular saline solution which is probably much cheaper.  At the very least it gets some of the dirt out of your eyes which might not be happening when your eyes aren't producing as many normal "tears" to cleanse them.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

56 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

That would be a special eye drop.  I've had dry eyes at times (eg in air conditioning) and just use a regular saline solution which is probably much cheaper.  At the very least it gets some of the dirt out of your eyes which might not be happening when your eyes aren't producing as many normal "tears" to cleanse them.

funny you should mention that my doctor said that but i cannot seem to find any like that the only thing i see is saline solution for cleaning contacts.   

do you know of a place or a brand which makes those.

I mean the kind i have been using for a month and a half was systane original is there something else the eye doc lady mentioned something about complete is what i want but that brand of systane is kind of expensive.

Ya i almost want to say that now i am off that paxil and i wear glasses that my eyes will get less dry who knows maybe the doc is right.

like right now with no glasses on reading this my vison is fairly ok i can see most of this at times i cannot see much its like blurry 

9/24/2020 Started Paroxetine 20mg used 7 days discontinued   did a one day 10mg half dose taper then stopped ct.     

9/28/2020 Started trying Multi vitamin one a day vitacraves gummies  also currently using  Magnesium 500mg  fish oil 1000mg.  As suggested by a member.  9/13/2020 Was taking Vyvanse 20mg a stimulant med for adhd currently stopped hoping to continue if needed to function correctly .   

01/15/2021 currently still taking adhd meds 20 mg an upside of 30mg has been suggested still using fish oil and magnesium occasionally as well as finishing off the gummie vitimins 

Almost no cannabis consumption and just a few cups of coffee a day no tobbaco or alcohol no other meds. Using selsun blue on the skin and hair during showering. 

• Moderator Emeritus
10 minutes ago, jamest said:

the only thing i see is saline solution for cleaning contacts. 

Yes that's it.  It comes in a small bottle.

• Moderator Emeritus
15 minutes ago, jamest said:

do you know of a place or a brand which makes those.

Just go into a chemist and tell them you want a small bottle of saline solution.  Note that you will have to dispose of them after a certain amount of time once opened.

10 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

Just go into a chemist and tell them you want a small bottle of saline solution.  Note that you will have to dispose of them after a certain amount of time once opened.

lol sure i am sure there are hundreds of them in the woods nothing i would try on my own but thanks for your help ya i could just buy that however what they carry is a 8oz bottle it isnt really made to drop into your eyes

thanks for the info chessie ill look for a cheaper brand next time 

• 2 months later...

My eyelid twitching disappeared when I took magnesium orotate ("Magnerot") for several days (as directed by my neurologist).

I am not a doctor. My posts are not medical advice.CYP450 interactions | drug.com interactions

Red means updose.

Abilify: 34.46mg 26Apr20; 32.71mg 18May20; 31.75mg 13Jun20; 30.48mg 22Jun20; 29.56mg 28Jun20; 28.96mg 30Jul20; 28.09mg 20Aug20; 27.44mg 28Sep20; 26.80mg 20Oct20; 26.17mg 22Oct20; 25.53mg 28Oct20; 26.17mg 30Oct2026.81mg 4Nov2026.01mg 7Dec20, 26.81mg 13Dec20,  26.97mg 3Jan21,  27.29mg 25Jan21, 26.65mg 30Jan21, 26.01mg 28Feb21, 25.69mg 8Mar21, 25.85mg 10Mar21 25.53mg 18Mar21,  25.21mg 28Mar21,  25.37mg 29Mar21,  25.53mg 30Mar2125.21mg 16Apr21

Paxil: Took it from Oct2019 to 15Apr20 with max dose 40mg. Lots of uneducated ups and downs (of the dosage) during that time. Then switched to Lexapro.

Lexapro: Started with 15mg on 15Apr20. 18.54mg 28Jun20. Tapered to current dose (16.58mg) until 5Nov20

Tolperisone: Have been taking it (300mg) from Oct2019 to Sep2021. Then switched to baclofen.

Baclofen: Have been taking it (15mg) from Sep2021 till now.

Tizanidine: Have been taking it (3mg) from Apr2022 till now.

Biperiden: 2.7mg 1Jun20; 2.6mg 26May21; 2.5mg 31May21; 2.38mg 18Jun21; 2.11mg 4Jul21; 2.34mg 18Jul2021; 2.11mg 15Sep2021; 2mg 15Oct2021; 1.86mg 15Jan2022.

Acomodin: Have been taking 1 tabl. from Sep2021. Then, 2 tabl. from 7Jan2022. Contains astaxanthin which is a CYP3A4 inductor (raises blood levels of my other meds)

Supplements: chelated magnesium 600mg (+50g pumpkin seeds); vit D3 400IU when the need arises

I have blurry distant vision, it could be anxiety, it could be myophia or dry eyes...Some people say omega fish oil helps with dry eyes though.

Various AD since 2011, various benzos since 2013
2018-  Escitalopram 20 mg, Alprazolam 0,75-1,5mg
09/20- 01/21  Cymbalta 60 mg, Alprazolam 1,5 mg ,Rapid unsuccesful 3 week taper from 12/20-01/21 (due to physical health issues on doctor's advice)
02/21    Seroxat 20 mg and Bromazepam 3 mg -discontinued Seroxat after two weeks (bad side efffects)
03/21    Reintroduced Escitalopram 10 mg, Bromazepam 3,75 mg. Tapering bromazepam (10%), direct dry taper started 04/21
03.04.21   3,375 mg, 08/21 Bromazepam OFF

25.06.22 Started Escitalopram 10mg taper, 9.5mg (5 % monthly reduction)

• 1 month later...

Anybody here see glares and halos off lights? Especially at night? Its been 1 year and that's still horrible for me 

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

Does anyone here have or had bad light sensitivity with halos and glares especially at night with cat light and street lights?

Symptoms 

No appetite

Dpdr

Vision impairment 

Cognitive impairment

Severe memory lost

Hello, 
I've been reading this topic from time to time and finally decided to describe my vision problems that appeared during withdrawal and the use of antidepressants.
Don't want to bore you with my drug history, but most of my vision problems started appearing after stopping paroxetine (30mg) over 2 years ago.
Symptoms include:
- blurred vision, 
- harder to focus my eyes on smaller objects,
- problem with focusing eyes on moving objects (when watching fast-paced movies or video games)
- kind of wobbly vision like the whole picture or some objects are shaking
- light sensitivity, 
- optical snow,
- floaters
- dry eyes 

I've been many times to ophthalmologists. They didn't find anything suspicious with my eyes. 
Those problems don't appear in any tests. I've even done a VEP (visual evoked potential) test, it also didn't show anything abnormal.

Some other things that are worth mentioning.
I've been taking mirtazapine 15mg for over 6 years now. First problems (like slightly blurred vision appeared almost simultaneously when taking this drug, also problem with focusing my eyes, but this one stabilized later) so I'm not sure if it doesn't affect my vision in some way. I've also got short-term memory problems, brain fog, and tinnitus. 
Sometimes when I strain my eyes too much I got nausea, dizziness and these tingling sensations in my head that feel like brain-zaps.
Also, I think that those visual problems are worse when I'm stressed or sick.

December 2009 - February 2012:  Paroxetine (Seroxat), occasionally Clorazepate || February 2012 - November 2012: Escitalopram || November 2012 - May 2013: Venlafaxine, also benzodiazepines, mostly Xanax || June 2013 - December 2013: only benzodiazepines Xanax, I'm starting to become addicted to it. || December 2013 - March 2014: again Paroxetine, very often Xanax || March 2014 - June 2014Fluoxetine. Changed Paroxetine to Fluoxetine. I was practically addicted to Xanax at this point. || I had an unpleasant accident in June 2014. Abruptly Stopped taking SSRIs but was still addicted to benzos. || August 2014 I started taking Clomipramine and in September 2014 Mirtazapine 10 mg. This was the time I stopped taking benzos for good. The withdrawal was pretty hard for more than half a year.  || October 2014: Stopped Clomipramine and for month tried Sertraline

September 2014 to Present DayMirtazapine 15mg 
December 2014 to August 2018 I was on 30 mg Paroxetine.  Started tapering in January 2018
. Going twice from 30mg to 20mg in a matter of 2-3 days. Didn't work. Started again in February 2018.

Generally every 2 months I was making a big drop by 10mg in a matter of two weeks. I stopped taking it completely in August 11th, 2018.  My Symptoms include depression, anxiety, sleeping problems, apathy, anhedonia, photophobia, afterimages, other vision problems (hard to vocus my eyes), tinnitus, brain fog. The problems with my eyesight are especially annoying and scary.  After four months they have become more severe.

Currently: 15mg mirtazapine (since September 2014), 0 paroxetine

• 6 months later...

Been having a flare up of visual issues lately and just wondering if anyone can relate. I have no idea if its even related to withdrawals 10 months later but i've had this on an off for months now in severity. Its gotten very bad recently and all i can put it down to is taking a B complex, folinic acid and a vit D, But i cant see how they would cause this.

"when I’m walking and then stop and look at the ground, the ground looks like it’s moving or morphing"

I've been having these weird issues especially after exercising, if i look at the ground or sky i get this strange sparkling effect like millions of different dots all moving around. I dont know if its visual snow or not. Its also like my eyes struggle to focus on things. I walked on a bridge today that had these little square patterns on it and it was like my eyes just cant Process what it sees and it just looks really strange and "shimmery"

Another thing is looking at white walls, i dont even really know how to describe it but its like its sparkling in a way and my vision is made up of trillions of dots. Its way more noticeable if im using a white bright computer screen then look directly at the wall. Its hard to describe but best way i can describe it is as if you had just directly looked into a light and then looked at a white wall. its kind of like that. 

In the dark i have it as well.

Can anyone relate? 

2014 Duloxetine, took for a couple of weeks and stopped was aged 17 at the time CT brain zaps etc. 

2017 Lexapro 5mg, hard to remember but i took this for a couple months ago for social anxiety. Stopped CT, brain zaps etc. 

2020  oct-dec, Escitalopram, 5mg took for a total of 2.7 months including taper, tapered for a couple weeks. 

still not right. Emotional blunting, brain fog, anhedonia, PSSD, blank mind, cognitive issues. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 11:05 PM, Lostinwonderland said:

Anybody here see glares and halos off lights? Especially at night? Its been 1 year and that's still horrible for me 

I’m having starbursts from lights

Lexapro 1/17 - 3/17 10 mg.  Switched to Elavil 3/27/17 10 mg

Upped to 20 mg June 5, 2017 3 days, back down to 10mg June 8

Up again to 20 mg June 12, 2017 4 days, back down to 10 June 16

9/17 dropped to 9.5 mg

11/17 dropped to 9.3mg

2/18/17 dropped to 8.8 mg

February 14/2018 Adverse reaction to zofran pill at clinic

10/7/19 8.48 mg

12/22/19 7.3 mg, 2/7/20 6.5 mg, 5/23/20 5.84 mg,  5/7/23 .70 mg

Eyes feel like there bulging out of my head

I am wondering if anyone here felt like their eyes were bulging out of there head when they were tapering off their drugs. I feel tension in my eyes which is messing with my eye sight and I am starting to get a little concerned...  

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

Lexapro 20 mg 2015-2020. Tapered down and currently at 5 mg 

Wellbutrin 2019 for 3 months. Tapered off completely

Mirtazapine 30 mg 2019-2021. Tapered off completely

Rexulti 0.5 mg 2020-2021 Tapered down to 0.25 mg

Viibryd 2021 Tapered off completely

• Moderator Emeritus

Merged similar topics.

• 3 weeks later...

I switched my smartphone from Nokia 6.1 to Moto e4 and here are the results:

- On the Nokia I wasn't able to look at the screen for more than 60sec per day, because then I got bad eye spasms (especially in left eye)

- On the Moto I'm able to look at the screen indefinitely long. Yesterday, for example, I used it for 6 hours.

Extremely relevant (and valuable) site I recently found: https://ledstrain.org/

I am not a doctor. My posts are not medical advice.CYP450 interactions | drug.com interactions

Red means updose.

Abilify: 34.46mg 26Apr20; 32.71mg 18May20; 31.75mg 13Jun20; 30.48mg 22Jun20; 29.56mg 28Jun20; 28.96mg 30Jul20; 28.09mg 20Aug20; 27.44mg 28Sep20; 26.80mg 20Oct20; 26.17mg 22Oct20; 25.53mg 28Oct20; 26.17mg 30Oct2026.81mg 4Nov2026.01mg 7Dec20, 26.81mg 13Dec20,  26.97mg 3Jan21,  27.29mg 25Jan21, 26.65mg 30Jan21, 26.01mg 28Feb21, 25.69mg 8Mar21, 25.85mg 10Mar21 25.53mg 18Mar21,  25.21mg 28Mar21,  25.37mg 29Mar21,  25.53mg 30Mar2125.21mg 16Apr21

Paxil: Took it from Oct2019 to 15Apr20 with max dose 40mg. Lots of uneducated ups and downs (of the dosage) during that time. Then switched to Lexapro.

Lexapro: Started with 15mg on 15Apr20. 18.54mg 28Jun20. Tapered to current dose (16.58mg) until 5Nov20

Tolperisone: Have been taking it (300mg) from Oct2019 to Sep2021. Then switched to baclofen.

Biperiden: 2.7mg 1Jun20; 2.6mg 26May21; 2.5mg 31May21; 2.38mg 18Jun21; 2.11mg 4Jul21; 2.34mg 18Jul2021; 2.11mg 15Sep2021; 2mg 15Oct2021; 1.86mg 15Jan2022.

Acomodin: Have been taking 1 tabl. from Sep2021. Then, 2 tabl. from 7Jan2022. Contains astaxanthin which is a CYP3A4 inductor (raises blood levels of my other meds)

Supplements: chelated magnesium 600mg (+50g pumpkin seeds); vit D3 400IU when the need arises

So I've had unfocused vision for about four months now. I try to focus on an object and I can't see the whole thing clearly, especially more long distance.

Could using blue light glasses or even wearing sunglasses help not strain my eyes as much to cause the unfocused vision? Or taking breaks from being on the computer for work? I have to be on it. 

I made a lot of changes at once, like starting a multivitamin that had B vitamins in it and probiotics, going back to work, and eating foods with high histamine that cause anxiety, extreme stress due to family issues and all of my own health issues.

My sleep hasnt been great, I'm undereating bc I can't find foods to eat, and I spend all day on the computer and on my phone. I think this led to the unfocused vision and taking a long time to go away bc of all these factors. Or maybe it was just a delayed symptom?

I'm coming off omeprazole that I've been on for a year which depleted my iron and b12. maybe the low b12 caused this?

-2014: Lexapro/escitalopram 10 mg, 2015-2021: Lexapro/escitalopram 20 mg

-10/2020-3/2021: decreased 20 mg to 15 mg, 1 mg a month

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-4/2021: 3-6 days cold turkey lexapro, withdrawal symptoms so reinstated 2.5 mg 

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

-11/2020 omeprazole 20 mg, 3/2021: omeprazole 40 mg,

-Nordic Naturals Ultimate omega 3 fish pill: 1280 mg

-montelukast: 10 mg dailyzyrtec: 10 mg daily 

-3/20/2021-7/25: mesalamine 1.2 GM, 3 times a day - dropped

-birth control: Trilinyah 2014- 2/1/2021 quit cold turkey middle of pack 

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

7/16/2021 - probiophage probiotic - dropped 

13 hours ago, Sicksagittarius said:

So I've had unfocused vision for about four months now. I try to focus on an object and I can't see the whole thing clearly, especially more long distance.

Could using blue light glasses or even wearing sunglasses help not strain my eyes as much to cause the unfocused vision? Or taking breaks from being on the computer for work? I have to be on it. 

I made a lot of changes at once, like starting a multivitamin that had B vitamins in it and probiotics, going back to work, and eating foods with high histamine that cause anxiety, extreme stress due to family issues and all of my own health issues.

My sleep hasnt been great, I'm undereating bc I can't find foods to eat, and I spend all day on the computer and on my phone. I think this led to the unfocused vision and taking a long time to go away bc of all these factors. Or maybe it was just a delayed symptom?

I'm coming off omeprazole that I've been on for a year which depleted my iron and b12. maybe the low b12 caused this?

Hi,

Omeprazole raises blood levels of escitalopram by A LOT. And escitalopram WD very frequently leads to... you guessed it - vision issues. Even my escitalopram leaflet says that. And my experience with taking escitalopram confirms it.

Decreasing the omeprazole decreased your escitalopram blood levels leading to escitalopram WD.

I'm not saying you should updose the escitalopram, but you should definitely consider it.

Red means updose.

8 minutes ago, gdsequoia said:

Hi,

Omeprazole raises blood levels of escitalopram by A LOT. And escitalopram WD very frequently leads to... you guessed it - vision issues. Even my escitalopram leaflet says that. And my experience with taking escitalopram confirms it.

Decreasing the omeprazole decreased your escitalopram blood levels leading to escitalopram WD.

I'm not saying you should updose the escitalopram, but you should definitely consider it.

@gdsequoiaHi thanks for the reply! I read the study on omeprazole and escitalopram and it seemed only those who were older had issues with it raising the blood levels. Could you point me to where this info is at? Also Im on only 2.5 mg of lexapro and I started getting the unfocused vision in July and started the omeprazole taper September 1. So I dont think the unfocused vision was caused by the omeprazole reduction

-2014: Lexapro/escitalopram 10 mg, 2015-2021: Lexapro/escitalopram 20 mg

-10/2020-3/2021: decreased 20 mg to 15 mg, 1 mg a month

-4/2021: decreased to 10 mg, held for 11 days, 4/2021: decreased to 5 mg, held for 8 days

-4/2021: 3-6 days cold turkey lexapro, withdrawal symptoms so reinstated 2.5 mg 

-omeprazole taper: 9/2021 cut 25%, 10/20/21 25% cut, 12/1/21 25%, 12/28/21 25% cut, (9/36 beads of 40 mg)

-11/2020 omeprazole 20 mg, 3/2021: omeprazole 40 mg,

-Nordic Naturals Ultimate omega 3 fish pill: 1280 mg

-montelukast: 10 mg dailyzyrtec: 10 mg daily 

-3/20/2021-7/25: mesalamine 1.2 GM, 3 times a day - dropped

-birth control: Trilinyah 2014- 2/1/2021 quit cold turkey middle of pack 

7/16/2021-8/1/2021 Quicksilver Liposomal multivitamin liquid: biotin, zinc, Vitamins A, C, D E, K, Niacin,, Thiomine, Riboflavin,Vitamin B6, B12, 7/16/2021- 8/25/2021 - boswelia complex (tumeric. ginger, celery) - 2 a day - dropped

7/16/2021 - probiophage probiotic - dropped 

16 minutes ago, Sicksagittarius said:

@gdsequoiaHi thanks for the reply! I read the study on omeprazole and escitalopram and it seemed only those who were older had issues with it raising the blood levels. Could you point me to where this info is at? Also Im on only 2.5 mg of lexapro and I started getting the unfocused vision in July and started the omeprazole taper September 1. So I dont think the unfocused vision was caused by the omeprazole reduction

I haven't read the actual study (i too have eye issues). Here's the best info i could find quickly:

https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/lexapro-with-omeprazole-1013-565-1750-0.html?professional=1

Note that reduction of CNS meds has logarithmic importance. IOW a 2.5mg->2.0mg reduction (for example) has the same probability of causing WD effects as a 25mg->20mg reduction. So IMO it doesn't matter that you're on a low esci dose.

Your last sentence is reasonable, though.

Red means updose.

• 4 weeks later...

When my doctor switched me from Citalopram to Prozac 3 years ago it caused a drastic change in vision that has continued to worsen long after stopping the drug. This past year I had to start wearing glasses full time. I have really bad nearsightedness, dry eyes and floaters. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

• 2 weeks later...

One of the stranger withdrawal symptoms I've been experiencing is a skin/nerve sensation of "fullness" around my left eye, predominantly. It's very hard to describe. It's not pins and needles numbness, but it feels like the ocular equivalent of congested sinuses. Exercising my facial muscles by pulling "long" faces or looking with the eyes side to side helps in the moment, but the feeling is very persistent. Has anyone else experienced this? There is never any eyelid twitching. 

2003 - Prescribed Paxil 10mg for childhood GAD

Increased doseage to 20mg (year unsure) and later 30mg (late 2020)

Early 2021 - Experienced tachyphylaxis (drug poop-out/tolerance)

July-Aug 2021 - PCP suggested cross-taper switch into Lexapro. Went terribly - too high dose of both, possible serotonin syndrome. CT Lexapro

Sept 2021 - Briefly tried increasing Paxil dose to 40mg without improvement. Decided to begin hyperbolic taper

Sept 1 '21 - 30mg Paxil Sept 22 '21 - 20mg Paxil Oct 2 '21 - 15mg Paxil

Oct 15 '21 - 10mg Paxil

Oct 29 '21 - 8mg Paxil

Nov 12 '21 - 6.5 mg Paxil

Nov 30 '21 - 5mg Paxil

Jan 01 '21 - 7.5mg Paxil

• 1 month later...

Dry eyes

I can see that dry eys can be a side effect of withdrawing from Lyrica/Pregabalin, this is yet another symptom I've started to suffer.  Can you please advise what you have found useful in dealing with this?  I've just bathed them with cook boiled water so far.

I will be contacting my GP and opticians in the morning.

many thanks.

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title before merging with existing topic

My Intro topic  

Insomnia following AZ vaccine April 21.

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

August 21 diagnosed with Fibromyralgia and CFS and possible Ehlers Danlos

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

5 hours ago, Lovetobefree said:

Dry eyes

I can see that dry eys can be a side effect of withdrawing from Lyrica/Pregabalin, this is yet another symptom I've started to suffer.  Can you please advise what you have found useful in dealing with this?  I've just bathed them with cook boiled water so far.

I will be contacting my GP and opticians in the morning.

many thanks.

Hi Lovetobefree, I have dry eyes as well.  I have been to many eye care pros and learned there are a lot of causes of dry eyes, so it's not that likely a person here can really help you until you get the issue diagnosed properly.  Pills could be the cause, but they may not be.  This said, you can try running a humidifier that's a tip to help almost any kind of dry eye problem. Reducing computer time if you can may also help. 

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

7 hours ago, UnfoldingSky said:

Hi Lovetobefree, I have dry eyes as well.  I have been to many eye care pros and learned there are a lot of causes of dry eyes, so it's not that likely a person here can really help you until you get the issue diagnosed properly.  Pills could be the cause, but they may not be.  This said, you can try running a humidifier that's a tip to help almost any kind of dry eye problem. Reducing computer time if you can may also help. 

Thank you for your reply.  I very much think it's due to Pregablin/Lyrica withdrawal, just wondering what others have found useful.  Many thanks.

My Intro topic  

May 21-July 21-Began Lorazepam.  Withdrew as per Dr recommendations. (i now have learned that this was too fast)

September 21- Started Pregabalin/Lyrica 150mg, upped to 250mg in the coming weeks, didn't like the way it made me feel so dropped to 200mg end Nov 21/start Dec 21 (as per Dr advice) found the survivors group, held there until

22nd Jan 22 began following Ashton Manual. Got to 88mg am and pm (176mg daily) 11th March.  Holding here atm as caught covid, and appears I have symptoms of long covid.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:01 PM, Longroadhome said:

Ps mine used to be bad on waking up too and still can be quite dry on occasions when waking especially during allergy season 

Was your dry eyes during tapering from Pregablin? Has it cleared now?  what did you find worked best for you please?

My Intro topic  

I came off preg 20 months ago and dry eyes still persist. But I think it was stopping mirtazipine that really was the issue as it was an antihistamine AD.  I use special wipes twice a day from chemist. Can message y with name if y like 

OD

My Intro topic.  Was Dickie in FB gabapentinoids 

2020 January Stopped Quetiapine 150 at night in a fairly chaotic fashion with holds, jumping at 6mg 

2020 June Stopped Pregabalin 150 at night using Ashton Method Some holds. 

2021 December Stopped Mirtazipine 15 using Ashton Method. (Slower at end). 

Nov 21 - Given Quetiapine 12.5 for sleep. Reduced mid March 2022 to 6mg - Off 30/5/22

Feb 2022 Ongoing Diazepam 17.5, Blip at Christmas when took 22.5mg for a few days, now 24 FEB Stable 17.5 as advised. Had long covid. Now going to 16.25 from 8/7/22. 7% drop 

Oxazepam 10mg.STOPPED 10th FEB 2022  “Rescue dose x 2 in 2 months. 

Buccastem 3mg less than 1 a month for nausea. 

Past meds since 1969 -Approx dates only available. Tranxene 15, Clomipramine 150 for about 25 years. 1993 Paroxetine 20 AD change. Diazepam 20mg swap from Tranxene.

Oxazepam 10mg Prn since 1990's  1995 Trial of MAOIS. 2000 Escitaopram 10mg. 2015 trial of Trazadone. 2004 Pregabalin 150 at night.

2015 Started on Quetiapine 150 note, Mirtazipine 15 note. Diazepam increased to 30mg split dosing. 

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy