Fightingawar: Withdrawals after having serotonin syndrome

Fightingawar

@JLex1981 because it’s been almost 6 months I’m scared I’ll have a bad reaction to it from all the horror stories. I wish I could have reinstated months ago but I was having some cardio issues so I they wouldn’t let me :(

Ativan- Currently taking 3.17 mg 6x a day for 4 years currently doing a liquid taper 

Anafranil- 125 mg was on for 2 years, 2016-March 2018 off only in 2 weeks my last dose was March 6 

Metoprolol-50mg twice daily for 2008-now

Prilosec-40mg once daily 2013-now

Singular-10mg once daily 2013-now

Magnesium-300mg 6 months 

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fightingawar

• Altostrata

• Audrey88

• manymoretodays

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really think anything would happen that’s worse then what your going through now?

John

Zoloft 2001-2003 forget MG's taken, tapered slowly (so I thought) to 0MG in 2003

Withdrawal led me to go on Lexapro 2003

Lexapro 15MG (15 years) 2003-2018

Tapered to 5MG over the last year and 1/2 From 01-2017 thru 04-2018 in 2MG tapers roughly a month each some 2 months or more to stabilize 

5MG Pill  to 4ML/MG Liquid Solution on 03/26/18

04-26-2018 re-upped to 4.4 ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-06-2018 re-upped to 4.8ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-07-2018 went to 5MG pill

• Moderator Emeritus
10 hours ago, JLex1981 said:

Do you really think anything would happen that’s worse then what your going through now?

JLex, Fighting is also going through issues with Ativan, not just the antidepressant. At 6 months off the antidepressant, Fighting is wise to be cautious about reinstating the antidepressant.  

On 7/12/2018 at 10:47 AM, Fightingawar said:

Has anyone had low boood sugar in withdrawals? I feel like it crashes throughout the day. And this anxiety is still as bad as it was almost 5 months ago, I still barely get out of the bed. Can I really keep going like this, and survive?

I just caught up with a few of your latest posts and noticed this. Yes, low blood sugar is very common during withdrawal. 

Are you able to eat a high protein, low sugar breakfast? Also, eating high protein, low sugar meals and snacks every 3 - 4 hours will really help with this. 

I know people have been negatively affected by reinstatement but wouldn’t you say the odds favor reinstating, especially if she hasn’t even tried to? I feel like most people that go through protracted withdrawal have at least tried to reinstate at least once. 

John

Zoloft 2001-2003 forget MG's taken, tapered slowly (so I thought) to 0MG in 2003

Withdrawal led me to go on Lexapro 2003

Lexapro 15MG (15 years) 2003-2018

Tapered to 5MG over the last year and 1/2 From 01-2017 thru 04-2018 in 2MG tapers roughly a month each some 2 months or more to stabilize 

5MG Pill  to 4ML/MG Liquid Solution on 03/26/18

04-26-2018 re-upped to 4.4 ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-06-2018 re-upped to 4.8ML due to withdrawal symptoms

05-07-2018 went to 5MG pill

• 3 weeks later...

How are you feeling, its been a while since you have updated us. I wanted to mention something that I noticed while I was in withdrawal. I don't want to assume you are a woman but I noticed increase anxiety a week before I ovulated and really bad anxiety and depression about two week before my period. Its something to do with the hormones increasing. You might want to get your hormones checked by a doctor, maybe they are all out of wack from the medication.

• 2 months later...

Okay I haven’t been here in awhile, but I have a question. I am not 8 months off of my antidepressant cold turkey. I was feeling a little better at the beginning of September but then all of a sudden I got really bad so I figured I was in tolerance to my benzo Ativan because it doesn’t help me at all when I take it so I started tapering about the beginning of October a very very slow water taper only going like 5% a month but I got worse so I have been holding for 2 weeks. But my question is could I still be very bad off like acute symptoms from me going off my antidepressant or is this the benzo. I’m really stuck on what to do next I’m suffering so bad. Symptoms are extreme anxiety way worse then when I first when off my antidepressant it’s like terror panic fear that stays with me all day, I also have agoraphobia way worse then before I was at least able to go to my families house but I can’t go anywhere, bedridden which I feel like I have been the last 8 months, body aches, headaches, severe depression which is also way worse then before. Just really confused on what is going on. Before I started my taper about a month before I also updosed .25 so when I started tapering I was on 3.25 I’m only down to 3.17 so barely any but very sick.

Ativan- Currently taking 3.17 mg 6x a day for 4 years currently doing a liquid taper 

Anafranil- 125 mg was on for 2 years, 2016-March 2018 off only in 2 weeks my last dose was March 6 

Magnesium-300mg 6 months 

• Administrator

Fighting, stop tapering. Take the benzo at the same time and dosage each day. Why did you updose 0.25mg at the beginning of October?

Did these symptoms start shortly after you reduced Ativan? If yes, they are Ativan withdrawal symptoms.

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I take it everyday 6x times a day at the same time and even intervals,  your supposed to dose Ativan 4-6 times a day to avoid interdose withdrawals. I haven’t tapered in 2 weeks, I updosed because I was feeling so so bad I didn’t know what else to do so I made a stupid move it helped me for 24 hours then I fell right back into my hole. I felt bad before I started tapering but yes I feel a lot worse since I started but I was going so slow and have only tapered 7ml I didn’t know if it was the Ativan. So how long should I stop tapering for? Even though I haven’t tapered in 2 weeks I still feel just as bad.

Magnesium-300mg 6 months 

• Moderator Emeritus
15 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please keep daily notes on paper about your symptoms, when you take your drugs, and their dosages. Use a simple list format with time of day on the left and notation (symptom, drug and dosage) on the right.

Fighting, I copied your recent posts over to your benzo thread. Please follow up there, as well as posting the drug and symptoms journal Alto wrote about over on your benzo thread. 

Fightingawar: Ativan Taper

• 1 year later...
On 7/12/2018 at 7:47 AM, Fightingawar said:

Has anyone had low boood sugar in withdrawals? I feel like it crashes throughout the day. And this anxiety is still as bad as it was almost 5 months ago, I still barely get out of the bed. Can I really keep going like this, and survive?

I have had the low blood sugar thing to the point where I thought I was dying and almost went to ER. I feel like I have to eat a little bit constantly all day, even though I am not hungry, and yet I keep losing weight and am extremely tiny and thin now. It sucks. Ironically my bloodwork doesn't really show very low blood sugar, but they do it in the morning, so I don't know how accurate it is, or if I'm just hypersensitive to any drops in bs. 

2005-2015 Fluoxetine 20mg (tried to get off it twice during that time) Had bad depression once, so was raised to 40mg. 
2016-June 2019  Fluoxetine 40mg Noticed tics, twitches and spasms in muscles right away, especially in face and behind eyes. Doctors blew it off. Noticed tremors and muscle weakness in arms developing over time, especially after dose increased to 40mg. Noticed nerve pain, parathesia, and muscle pain/stiffness, coordination issues with my hands starting around 2016. Eye pain and vision issues.

June 2019 Was prescribed prednisone 20mg for 3 days, for vaccine reaction. Had horrible reaction to it. Maybe combined with fluoxetine? Reaction included serotonin syndrome like symptoms - hyperreflexia, rigidity, tremor, etc. Doctor had me take it for 3 days even with symptoms. Have been ill ever since with continuing neurological problems, dizziness, nausea, rigidity, tremor, blepharospasm, balance and eye issues movement and vision issues, akathisia, sound sensitivity.
July 2019-August 2019 Fluoxetine Seemed to be causing movement disorder and tremors. Tapered off Fluoxetine. Was cut to 20 mg over a week period, then 10 over a week, then 5 for a week, then 5 every other day for a week. Felt withdrawal at month 2.
2006-2019 Alprazalom Have used sparingly over the years. Not currently using.

September 2019 Was prescribed Ativan for withdrawal symptoms and tremor. Did not help.

September 2019 Was prescribed Gabapentin for withdrawal symptoms and tremor. Scared to take it due to side effects and worried it will make things worse.

November 2019 Diazepam 2mg Took 2 doses, did not seem to help and caused leg cramps. Stopped Diazepam.

November 2019 Flexeril 5mg, taking 1.25 mg very sparingly when needed for rigidity and muscle cramping