SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 April ×

Mask: Pgad from antidepressants

Mask

hello everyone i m from Pakistan male

i m suffering from Pgad due to foolishly switching many ssri antidepressants i m getting unwanted arousals repeatedly and this is making me crazy i have been reading the stories of hopefull and cathyfrench and some others please guide what should i do. i have foolishly started and abruptly stopped many antidepressants and it gave me pgad please help..

i took different antidepressants medications for depression and anciety 

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

Now i am antidepressants free 

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

i get stabbing pain in genital area which is interfering in my daily life..

and very mild arousals which dosent bother me.

• Altostrata changed the title to time Pgad from antidepressants
  • Administrator

Welcome, time.

I moved your post here to start your Introductions topic.

What drugs are you taking now? When did the PGAD start? Did you get any other withdrawal symptoms?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

hello Altostrata,

i m not taking any drug now,its been 7/8 months since i last took a pill,and one thing i have never taken antidepressant regularly because no drug was working for my ocd so i tried tried and tried many ssri but with no help.i first exprinced pgad when i abruptly stopped effexor xr after one month of use and i get pgad but that last only  2/3 weeks and it went away then i tried seroxat and abruptly stopped seroxat and i got pgad which lasted six months so again i tried other ssri to help my ocd but ssri medicines didnt help ocd and gave me pgad whenever i try and then suddenly stop ssri it gave me pgad 7/8 months back i took 1 mg xanax and it gave me opposite reaction i couldnt sleep for 2 months due to bad reaction to xanax after just one mg pill of xanax..now i dont know whats going on i m getting constant arousal which is making me loosing my mind i dont know what to do because of pgad i have became very week pgad is forcing me to masterbate masterbate and masterbate and my body is getting week day by day..i dont know what to do i m not trying any more drug its been 7/8 month since i last tried any drug..many times pgad went awa on its own but this time its been the longest and not going...all replies will be appreciated i m a male 23 years old.

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

i have tried effexor xr  for one month only which gave me pgad but that lasted only 2/3 weeks then i tried seroxat for 15 days and abruptly stopped it and i got pgad for 6 month and then it went away after that i tried many ssri and in result i got pgad and then i tried xanax for sleep only 1 mg and it gave me opposite reaction and my pgad worse and since then i never tried any drug its been 7/8 month i m drug free but pgad is there i dont know what to do many times pgad went away but this time its been the longest and pgad is making me week and my body is getting week and i m very depressed..this time pgad is not going away help any suggestions

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i have foolishly tried many drugs 

prozac seroxat luvox celexa lexapro effexor xr anafranil but none help my ocd and i abruptly stopped all of these drugs aftrer using one month each and i got pgad on many occasions it went away on its but this time its not going away 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

PGAD  could be part of PSSD.  Before having taken a lot of SSRI’s How are your erections now? How were your ere tio s while taking SSRI’s?

hi pedro

erections are fine in fact i m having strong erections but i have pre mature ejaculation and pgad is not dissapearing this time i have pgad many times but this time its not going away 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i develop pgad on different ssri but it went away within some weeks but now its not dissapearing i m very panicky right now..its been 7/8 months it has lessend but some days pgad is very bad and somedays its mild..in the begning i was having strong urge to urinate overactive bladder etc,, but now its getting better i think i hope pgad will also get better 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

my pgad symptoms are

constant arousals, overactive bladder, need to urinate,burning testicles,constant erections, some symptoms have improved for example overactive bladder and need to urinate is mild now pgad is also sometimes low and sometimes strong what should i do please give me some hope

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

should i start antidepressant  or it wil make my pgad worse i m very depressed anxious right now what should i do..any suggestions

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

pedro 

how pgad can be part of pssd both are different and opposite in pgad you get constant orgasms and arousals but in pssd your sex drive is low and you have lack of libido and muted genitals but in pgad its opposite !!

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Right now i m very depresed panic attacks and obsessed and having sucidal thoughts should i try any antidepressant or it will worsen my pgad should k try for my panick attacks and depression ?? help please any suggestions

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

time, an inclination to dark thoughts is part of withdrawal syndrome. You will need to cope with this as your body heals. Please see

Non-drug techniques to cope with emotional symptoms

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

its been 8 months since i last took a pill but i still get brain zaps sometimes very strong upon waking up or after running,

i get  strong numbness in my feet hand and other parts of body..some times very bad depression and sometimes normal.the most distressing is pgad constant arousals upon sitting lying and bike riding i hope pgad will also diminish..is pgad also the withdrawal symptom? will it also go away? how many more months it will take all these sypmtoms to settle ? its 7 months things have improved but sometimes worse and sometimes normal..how many more months for pgad to go away.

its like my body is fighting with me 

thanks 

All your replies are motivational to me 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i hope pgad will also go away but how many more month it will take to subside because its making  me sick and depress somedays pgad has shown improvement but somedays very bad.will pgad go away ? is it also withdrawal symptom ! how many months it will take to resolve

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Altostrata,

i m very upset, i developed pgad many times on different antidepressants and after 2/3 weeks it went away but this time its the longest how will i heal from this.somedays i sense some relieve but other day it gets bad.should i wait more months to see if it gets ok..i m sure this pgad is also a withdrawal symptom.. i messed myself with different ssri and in result i got pgad.what should i do...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Time, 

You should never again take another  SSRI or any other antidepressant. 

You are obviously sensitive to AD's.

PGAD will go away,  but you have to be patient. 

I know how depressed this is making you feel,  bern there my self. 

But the depression will lift again. 

The dark thoughts snd brain zaps are also part of withdrawal. 

It takes a while for everything to go back to normal. 

Until it passes, take care of your self. Go for regular walks, listen to nature sounds on you tube, relaxing music, mindfulness meditation,  ( Tara Brach).

You have to find your own coping mechanism to get you through the rough days.

You mentioned that your PGAD symptoms are sometimes mild.

That is a good indication that you are healing. If you got PGAD after abruptly stopping AD's, it is a WDS symptom. 

If you got PGAD, while taking AD, then it is an adverse reaction.  I had an adverse reaction to a SSRI.

In either case,  it takes a while for things to settle down. 

You will get PGAD flare ups, but over time the severity will lessen.

You will skso experience,  windows and waves. That is "normal", in withdrawal. 

Don't panic if things are getting worse. 

You will experience set backs, before you begin to see improvements

There are few males on this forum, that have experienced PGAD.

Private message them. 

The main thing is not to lose hope and keep going. It will pass.  Take care. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

yes hopefull i m holding on i hope it will go away in some months i posted earlier in your content..i m battling these withdrawal symptoms i hope i will get light at the end of tunnel..pgad is mild now but it flare up after some calm days

i hope it will go away these unwanted strong arousals are so distrubing 

Hopefull.. how are u doing how is your pgad.is your pgad resolved how long did it take to resolve ..are you ok now with no pgad ? how long you suffer from pgad. please tell it will be very motivational to me 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i messed up with many antidepressants

i never used antidepressants regularly 

i just tried every drug and abruptly stopped after using one month each 

i never used any antidepressant more then one month but tried all the drugs.

Now for 7 months i didnt touch any drug

i got pgad numbness in body poor blood circulations sometimes brain zaps blur vision

pgad is the worst thing happened to me 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Also i got bad and opposite reaction from 1 mg xanax..when first time i took xanax 1mg it gave me opposite reaction the moment i took 1 mg xanax i couldnt sleep for 2 months it was a paradoxical reaction to xanax..it did opposite to me,i dont use any benzo and it was first time i took xanax and it gave me opposite reaction..the moment i took xanax first time in my life it almost numbed me from head to to toe now its been 7 months i m not taking any drug

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

its like my brain is fighting with me after using these ssri snri drugs it is like i have distrubed and upset my brain i wish it woud heal i m thankfull to all of u everyone and i m with u people..i will pray for all of you...i dont know how much time it will take this is a very difficult road to pass through but may Almighty help us all of us...i m from Pakistan,Lahore no doctor knows nothing about this here  i wish i get better soon everyone in my family needs me..i was living a very happy life and i m still happy  but this pgad is very distrubing specially unwanted arousals..

Love all of u

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i m very angry at myself to abruptly stop anything is very dangerous and  i kept stopping antidepressants abruptly..everything stop abruptly is very dangerous...i hope my brain will recover after suddenly withdrawings from antidepressants 

i hope it gets better 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

Hi Time,

You will recover.  I don't have PGAD anymore.  I can't remember how long I had it. But it has resolved.

Don't take anymore ad's.

You are going through a withdrawal from abruptly stopping and starting ad's.

You have to give your self time to heal. It might take a year of less. It is hard to know.  We are all different. 

Take care. 

DRUG HISTORY:

November 2013- Zoloft, ( Bad reaction).

January 2014 - March 2014 Seroquel.( Quit Cold Turkey).

January2014- Mirtazapine, I was taking 15mg at one stage, reduced to 7.5mg, Pgad reactions to Mirtazapine. Doctor kept increasing it to 37.5mg, until July 2014. No improvement, experiencing panic attacks, on 37.5 mg. I had enough by October 2014. Began tapering.

October 2014- Started tapering Mirtazapine from 37.5mg.

September 2015- Down to 4mg of Mirtazapine. Crashed.

September 16th- Up dosed to 5mg. Held this dose for almost 5 months. Stabilised.

February 2016- Began tapering again. From 5mg to 4.5mg of Mirtazapine. (Rocking the boat, again)! Lol. :(

after some mild days of pgad   i suddenly get very bad and uncomfortable sensation in my genital its very uncomfortable.. its like restless feeling around my penis it was mild other day but suddenly got worse..and its very uncomfortable..i dont know whats going on..my pgad was mild for two days but suddenly from yesterday night it flare up..its like restless and hot feeling around my penis...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

as i start to feel better i suddenly get another layer of pgad out of nowhere..

i sense some well being then suddenly pgad flare up and down hill.its like a roller coster ride....hope its get better soon

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i m getting very bad sensation in my genitals...sometimes these sensations became unbearable...why did i even touch these dam antidepressant drugs...

these ssri snri drugs are very dangerous ..to some people these drugs are very good but to most these drugs are poison..i m getting windows but waves pusg me back in the dark hole...and my body has got so week i m getting skinny day by day as well.. i m still strong i hope i will get better... the only negative thing is because of this pgad i m loosing my time i m loosing my relaxement i m loosing my importent work i cannot focus on other things....i m in a bad wave...when this waves and windows will stop..and when i will get better...please anyone who is reading my posts dont panic......i m fine and ok but pgad is just distrubing thing hapening to me...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

these damm unwanted sexual arousals are just pure torture..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

how may people on this forum who have got relief from pgad..please can you tell..how many of you who got relief from pgad..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i m having physical symptoms of anxiety like burning all over the body including testicles and surronding area... its 3 days and i not getting unwanted arousals but body is like burning its like i m going to experince panic attack..pgad is mild today though..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

initially when pgad was at its peak i was getting constant need to urinate always full blader but now i m noticing that urge to urinate and full bladder is getting normal day by day..some it gets bad but this symptom is diminshing slowly slowly and i m noticing that....now the problem is i m getting numbness all over body burning,burning testicles,severe numbness in the body,pgad flare ups,and one more thing is i m feeling panic attack.....its like now panic attack can happen any time now..is it also withdrawal symptom...still having pgad sometimes bad sometimes normal..all the body is in pain and burning..

reply somene please

is anybody there ?

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

i m getting severe numbness and tingling all over my body...i mean very bad numbness upon sitting... i heard that during withdrawal numbness and other physical withdrawal symptoms are good sign that the body is healing?? is it true

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

is the physical withdrawal symptoms are good i have heard that if you get physical withdrawal symptoms such as numbness and tingling it is a good sign that the body is repairing itself ?

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

now i m getting depression anxiety...and its feel like ny body is building upto a panic attack...right now feeling apathy and numb emotions...emotions are fully numb and severe body numbness....dull emotions,apathy, and depressonalization...is it also the withdrawal !! reply anyone 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

my arousals are mild but i m getting severe pain burning sensations in my genitals now...and i m having panic attacks too now...

is there anyone...

i m not getting any reply 

hello is anyone there 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

To help us out, see these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature

Compared to 6 months ago, are you better or worse?

• 1 year later...

Hi,everyone 

i have been before on this forum with the name Time,,

i used many ssri antidepressants with no benefit  and some sleeping pills...after trying many antidepressants with no benefit i gave up on antidepressants...but this gave me pgad and its been almost 2 years i havent used any kind of antidepressant..i got very voilent pgad at the begning first year after withdrawaing from ads, i had very bad pgad in the begining in the first yeat of wd  but recently 7 to 8 months were very relaxing in terms of sleep and pgad...my Pgad got very mild but now again after 8 to 9 months my pgad is  getting bad...its been almost 2 year and  months i am off of all amtidepressants...my pgad at the begining was very very bad but as time passes it was nearly gone but again after 1 year of mild pgad it is getting bad again at the moment...please any suggestion 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad