Mask: Pgad from antidepressants

Mask

• Moderator Emeritus

It might be helpful to do some scheduled relaxation throughout the day.  Don't wait until you feel that you need it.  This is how I think of the difference (below).  If you don't do anything I think there would be a continual buildup throughout the day with no relief.  Whereas doing relaxation throughout the day can bring it back down.  And the more often you do it throughout the day the better.  In the first line of zeros, it could be that when you do the relaxation you might not even get back to baseline, but only part way lower which could/would mean that the next buildup will come sooner or perhaps go higher still.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety.htm

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/panic.htm

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/gad.htm

Female voice:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicF.mp3

Male voice:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicM.mp3

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

18 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

It might be helpful to do some scheduled relaxation throughout the day.  Don't wait until you feel that you need it.  This is how I think of the difference (below).  If you don't do anything I think there would be a continual buildup throughout the day with no relief.  Whereas doing relaxation throughout the day can bring it back down.  And the more often you do it throughout the day the better.  In the first line of zeros, it could be that when you do the relaxation you might not even get back to baseline, but only part way lower which could/would mean that the next buildup will come sooner or perhaps go higher still.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/anxiety.htm

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/panic.htm

https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/gad.htm

Female voice:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicF.mp3

Male voice:  https://www.getselfhelp.co.uk/music/FirstAidPanicM.mp3

which vitamins give you anxiety....i heard b complex can give you anxiety...i am asking because now i have purchased only vitamin c and i hope only vitamin c supplement will not give me anxiety....

i took different antidepressants medications for depression and anciety 

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

Now i am antidepressants free 

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

i get stabbing pain in genital area which is interfering in my daily life..

and very mild arousals which dosent bother me.

• Moderator Emeritus

Use a search engine and search for:

survivingantidepressants.org b vitamin

survivingantidepressants.org c vitamin

the-rule-of-3kis-keep-it-simple-keep-it-slow-keep-it-stable

Edited by ChessieCat

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

i just want to inform you guys out there 

my pgad has lowered since the pandemic started...earlier i had a very bad wave of pgad...

but it has again lowered and occasionaly i get hurt by pgad....so lets hope i keep on improving as the time passes...and i hope i dont get any bad wave again regarding pgad...

from 2013 to 2017 with no benefit i kept on changing the ads but of no use and i gave up...and then the pgad started..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

2017 december was the last time i took ads since then i havent taken any ads medication

My main symptom is pgad 

• Moderator Emeritus
24 minutes ago, Mask said:

my pgad has lowered since the pandemic started

What is different for you?  Are you working from home?  It could it be that your job. work situation, travel and/or social life pre-covid was causing additional stress?

It might be worthwhile comparing the situation you were in before the pandemic and after it started to see if you can find something or some things which might have been causing you stress which in turn increases your pgad.  You might be able to do/not do/handle things differently so as to keep stress to a minimum.

Edited by ChessieCat

my pgad is ok but i am having anxiety,insomnia and some panic attacks....what should i do....should i go back antidepressants....because sometime my anxiety get so bad ..

i am ok in the morning but at night my anxiety get so bad....its causing me insomnia and i am scared like hell at night...please give me some good advice..

personally i dont want to go on antidepressants ,,it been almost 3 years i dont take any antidepressants...please give me some good advice....and again i think covid 19 has increased my anxiety 100 times worse ...i am always scared and worrying that something may went wrong

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, Mask said:

what should i do....should i go back antidepressants

This is a decision that only you can make.

3 minutes ago, Mask said:

and again i think covid 19 has increased my anxiety 100 times worse ...i am always scared and worrying that something may went wrong

I've already provided resources in my previous post.

Have you looked at them?  Have you tried to learn any of the techniques?

We can provide you with information and resources but only you can do the work and learn things, try them, find out what helps you and continue to use them.  Nobody else can do it for you.

• Moderator Emeritus

On 5/1/2020 at 12:32 AM, Mask said:

yes i am fasting in the month of ramadan and styaing up late night and sleeping at 5 am

It is highly likely that your current issues have been exacerbated by the fasting, breaking the fast/feasting (after sunset - were you eating more and/or different foods that you normally do during ramadan?) and change of sleep pattern.

• Administrator

We have been advising people not to fast for religious reasons, the exception for people who are ill applies to you.

If these bouts of anxiety date back to when you were fasting, that might have been what caused them.

Are you back to a regular meal and sleep schedule? Are you doing anything that might be putting stress on your nervous system?

Did you have anxiety and panic before you went on psychiatric drugs? If so, you need to learn techniques to manage these symptoms.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

59 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

We have been advising people not to fast for religious reasons, the exception for people who are ill applies to you.

If these bouts of anxiety date back to when you were fasting, that might have been what caused them.

Are you back to a regular meal and sleep schedule? Are you doing anything that might be putting stress on your nervous system?

Did you have anxiety and panic before you went on psychiatric drugs? If so, you need to learn techniques to manage these symptoms.

To help us out, follow these instructions Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature You may need to use a computer to do this.

no my sleep and daily routine hasn't change since ramadan ...i am sleeping at 6 am and waking up at 2 pm ...i am trying to normalize my sleep routine and eating habbits but its not working for now....maybe this abnormal routine might have something to do ...i guess 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

ok but i dont know  how to do it ...and dont mind why are you so rude ...please be polite 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

I've requested this many times. Click on the link for instructions.

• Moderator Emeritus

The link Alto provided explains what is needed in the drug signature.

This link will take you directly to your own signature.  After completing it remember to click on Save at the bottom.  Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

i am again having nerve pain in buttocks and and near my private parts since 2 days and it all started when i ride a bike day before yesterday.....it looks like completely nerve pain i dont have arousals...should i go and see a doctor for nerve pain...may be he will prescibe some medication....like gabapentin or pregabalin for nerve pain....its severe and stabbing pain around my buttocks and private part area ...  how about pregabalin and gabapentin for nerve pain....i am having all the symptoms of nerve pain after riding the bike

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

its like my pgad is flaring up again after 3 months of relieve....i am having stabbing pain near genital area....sometime strong sometime low...but i am not having arousals...this is nerve pain,nerve damage,or pgad.....any suggestion or i am getting a wave....its been 2 and half years since i completely stopped all types ads medication

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

is it pgad in genitial area or nerve damage pain in and around gential area...it has started again after 3 month of relieve

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

Perhaps you should not ride a bike for a while, or put padding on the seat.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Perhaps you should not ride a bike for a while, or put padding on the seat.

dear altostrata .........but what could be it ...is it nerve damage pain or typical pgad pain...because  pgad symptoms are pain in pelvic and genital area and unwanted arousals...should i give it more time to heal or have some medicine for nerve pain such as pregabalin or gabapentin....because it hurts when i ride on car or bike....otherwise i am ok

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

Whatever it is, if you stayed off the bicycle for a while, it will probably go away. Use common sense.

10 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Whatever it is, if you stayed off the bicycle for a while, it will probably go away. Use common sense.

Altostrara

my most of the pgad symptoms has resolved but the pain around the gential area is still there which only bothers me when i ride bike or car...

its so severe sometime ...it led me to thinking that it might be nerve damage down there...or might be a typical pgad pain... thanks for your support by the way....i am just asking what should i do ...should i go to a doctor or just simply sit at home and give it more time to heal because i have seen improvements

thanks

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, Mask said:

Altostrara

my most of the pgad symptoms has resolved but the pain around the gential area is still there which only bothers me when i ride bike or car...

its so severe sometime ...it led me to thinking that it might be nerve damage down there...or might be a typical pgad pain... thanks for your support by the way....i am just asking what should i do ...should i go to a doctor or just simply sit at home and give it more time to heal because i have seen improvements

thanks

If you feel the need to know if you have a medical issue, you can always ask your doctor 's opinion.

You say you saw improvements, so it sounds like you're on the right path

Our advice would be to give it more time to heal.

We won't advise you to take new drugs here.

Take care ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

2 hours ago, Erell said:

If you feel the need to know if you have a medical issue, you can always ask your doctor 's opinion.

You say you saw improvements, so it sounds like you're on the right path

Our advice would be to give it more time to heal.

We won't advise you to take new drugs here.

Take care ❤

Hi erell 

hope you are in good health

my only concern is when some other symptoms are resolving in pgad but pain is still there around the genetals area...why it isnt resolving..

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

2 hours ago, Erell said:

20200702_173551.jpg

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

2 minutes ago, Mask said:

20200702_173551.jpg

this is what i am going through right now

i hope there might be some medication 

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

is this pain in hips and pelvic area ,genetals part of pgad or something else

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

Don't do things that aggravate the pain. Let it go away.

Don't do things that aggravate the pain. Let it go away.

its like pudendal nerve pain

i have googled and there are muscle relaxant for this pain....should i use it or not .? it has suddenly aggrevated otherwise i was ok these past 3 to 4 months...it has again started since 2 days...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

You'll have to talk to a doctor if you want to add drugs.

You'll have to talk to a doctor if you want to add drugs.

Dear alto,

how is lyrica anticonvalsant drug i have heard a lot about this drug ...its not antidepressant...now i am pretty much sure that i have irritated nerve which is causing me pain....because symptoms of pgad has very much resolved i dont have anymore unwanted arousals but pudendal nerve pain...

i am thinking of trying lyrica after consulting with doctor

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

Please consult a doctor if you want to add drugs. I'm not about to recommend a drug treatment for your symptoms. I have nothing to add on the subject.

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Please consult a doctor if you want to add drugs. I'm not about to recommend a drug treatment for your symptoms. I have nothing to add on the subject.

oo thats so severe pain suddenly started after riding bike....please help me people on this site..please tell me what should i do...pudendal neuraligia ....its stabbing pain near my anal area

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, Mask said:

pudendal neuraligia

Do a search for Pudendal Neuralgia on FaceBook.

Google:  Pudendal Neuralgia support

Google:  patientslikeme.com Pudendal Neuralgia

Edited by ChessieCat

it is one week since i ride the bike and the pain is lessening....and and its getting milder but stil there...but bike is very importent in my life i have to do day to day works on bike ....

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad 

• Administrator

What would common sense suggest you do about riding your bike?

20 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What would common sense suggest you do about riding your bike?

hi alto with due respect

i have to do daily activities on bike...like shopping,work,university...i dont have car here so on bike i have to do daily tasks....but for now i am considering to totally avoid bike ....my pain has gone again for now because i didnt ride on bike the whole week....but i am worried how i will do my daily task....without bike....i have to do groccery for that i need bike....everything...

prozac for 2 weeks

lexapro for 3 weeks

seroxat for 10 days

My main symptom is pgad